2012 Apoclypse

Celethiel

Hey, just look at it this way.  At least you weren't foolish enough to spend tons of money preparing for the worst.  I wonder how those people now feel about their doonsday investments?  lol

Never have understood why "people"* stock up on food, etc., build underground bunkers, etc. when ever a doomsayer predicts "the end of the world". 

I mean if the world ends, there is no more world so what good does it do to go through all of that nonsense?

*Didn't really want to say "idiots". LOL

Edited by Tomas

If at first you don't succeed, pick a new date and try, try again.  This article says the Mayan calendar might not actually end until Dec. 24. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/23/end-of-the-world-christmas-eve_n_2355787.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl16%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D249372

Never have understood why "people"* stock up on food, etc., build underground bunkers, etc. when ever a doomsayer predicts "the end of the world". 

I mean if the world ends, there is no more world so what good does it do to go through all of that nonsense?

*Didn't really want to say "idiots". LOL

These people beleave that an apoclyptic will happen one way or the other, whether it's 2012 or Grannies bad pies...

So preparing for these things is a good thing to these people

unless you're talking about the brainless wonders who do it like panicking sheep to the slaughter.

stockpiling all that food they make in jars... doesn't it spoil? 

what if the end is in 3 year ... won't they see that the 15,000 in food turn moldy?

Jared food lasts quite some time, kind of like canned food actually. (son of a person who can's food.)

Although I don't listen to Mayans, where I live we get hurricanes on a regular basis.

The last bad one was Katrina and we were without power for almost 2 weeks.

I may not be what is called a "doomsday prepper", but I am prepared to cope with the problems that we may face.

I'm not a doomsday prepper, but we only have one grocery store in town, it had a fire earlier in the year and was closed for a few days, got me to thinking of what would happen if a bad storm or something wrecked it. I have always canned my own stuff anyway, so now i just try and make sure we have enough extras on hand to ride out two weeks of chaos should something ever happen to our store.

• 2 weeks later...

lol doomsday rescheduled from 2012 to 2036

'Doomsday' asteroid Apophis more massive than first thought

If the asteroid passes through a gravitational zone, it will perturb its progress just enough to make sure that it will most likely hit the Earth on April 13, 2036. 
The odds of a 2036 impact are still tiny – an estimated 1 in 250,000 – but human ingenuity being what it is, there are already fertile minds working on a plan to deflect the asteroid. A recent Australian scheme called for paintballs to be fired at Apophis to increase the Yarkovsky effect and swing it out of harm's way, and solar sails have been mooted.

Although I don't listen to Mayans, where I live we get hurricanes on a regular basis.

The last bad one was Katrina and we were without power for almost 2 weeks.

I may not be what is called a "doomsday prepper", but I am prepared to cope with the problems that we may face.

Here it's blizzards, and thunderstorms that outs power....sometimes for quite some time...

Here it's blizzards, and thunderstorms that outs power....sometimes for quite some time...

And that just common sense- deal with the problems that are predictable.

Some of the "preppers" are preparing for highly unlikely events. That's paranoid and border-line goofy.

There enough REAL dangers anywhere that you live that you should prepare for to worry about zombies and alien invasion.

And that just common sense- deal with the problems that are predictable.

Some of the "preppers" are preparing for highly unlikely events. That's paranoid and border-line goofy.

There enough REAL dangers anywhere that you live that you should prepare for to worry about zombies and alien invasion.

is'nt paranoia border-line goofy as it is?