Psycho prequel, the Bates Motel

W_L

I personally loved psycho (the original one, not the remade crappy one with Vince Vaughn) and I'm pretty excited to see the Bates Motel. I just hope it's unique like Breaking Bad  :2thumbs:

Seriously though, how freakin' cute is Max Theriot?

max-theriot-bates-motel-square-w352.jpg

Even scowling I just find him so adorable. I think it's too cute when babyfaced guys try to hide it behind a beard.

Like with everything, cute and enjoyable are two subjective judgements.   Personally I don't enjoy these kinds of shows, full of nasty stuff that wouldn't be amusing to anyone if they were living them.   What is so fun about watching sick people do sick things?   There's something deranged about wanting to see evil in action.

As for the guys being cute or whatever, I wouldn't expect my heart to beat any faster if they were in the same room.

The worst part of it all is, more people spend time watching something like this than they do trying to improve the world they live in.  Sure, they say they do, but in reality they do not.   It's more fun apparently to indulge in fantasies of the most degenerate sort.   Very few people would be interested in spending their time filling their minds with useful and positive things.

You get out of your mind what you feed it, regardless if it's fiction or fact, whether you want to believe that or not.   I'm not interested in feeding my mind negative things, it get's enough of that from the news.  Maybe if people stopped supporting these kinds of shows we would see a lot less of this kind of stuff happening in real life.

Ghostboy you present an interesting view ... perhaps its a similar argument when horror got started ... it was the time when the genre was trying to break new ground in entertainment industry ... it was also about getting famous, rich or having regular employment ... where other genres were full of competition n hard to break into for a newcomer

lol, I watched a documentary tribute to Lon Chaney Senior. Gosh, his makeup scared me in a similar fashion in its day to the young teens. It became the item to talk about and an experience to share about in the early 1900s ... Hitchcook made it big in the 50s ... Stephen King in the 80s

Perhaps there was church and small town protests ... I'm sure the older folks here can really comment on their experience of the era

I never read any articles of how horror influenced future crimes or make people even sicker ... it make a fascinating documentary ...  it would also bridge the argument to violent and criminalistic video games ... but it be in for a long debate that has no outcomes

in recent years, the dark fiction era ... is a chance to bring back old horror and dark stories ... no need to write new ones ... more chances to make spinoffs in hope to making money ... or even give new chances to stories that didn't have a chance to make it into the industry ... it will also give chances for writers to explore n define a new genre

this is a cycle ... until another cycle demanded to come back

It be a shattering experience if graphic horror came out in 3D ... gosh the impact would be really personal n life changing

I'm sure adult warning will be posted ...

I did not notice in bates motel of any warning or restrictions ... perhaps there should be ... since this is on AE ... not on regular TV perhaps there is less viewership to worry about, avoid big TV station censorship where as cable TV channels are less restrictive for compliance

BBC American puts out Ripper TV Series ... Orphiian Black ... which also borders on violent\sick experiences ... but how many people watch this channel? I don't know of anyone who watches UK TV

PS ... there was one TV series call Alcatraz that was shown on FOX ... it barely lasted a season ... perhaps this explains why horror in the past was always on show smaller TV stations ... the only reason I found "Fox was too quick to dismiss this series"

Edited by hh5

this week there was a middle ground between max n freddie character

now we have to wait for something to set them at each other

the hitchcock flavor is working its way into freddie character

the question is how many seasons will it take for freddie to surpass the movie?

Cary grant did a great movie called Arsenic and Old Lace 

it much like Abbott and Costello in Abbott and Costello Meet the Killer (Boris Karloff)

its funny and scary ... kinDA like oj n vodka ... the horror catches up on ya

u either laugh cry or get scared in a funny way

its a good question if they would make remakes of these classics with cute guys

has max ever done a comedy horror?

Seriously though, how freakin' cute is Max Theriot?

max-theriot-bates-motel-square-w352.jpg

Even scowling I just find him so adorable. I think it's too cute when babyfaced guys try to hide it behind a beard.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we take a moment to appreciate how damn sexy Mike Vogel, aka Sherrif Shelby, is? Geez.

mike-vogel-67.jpg

bates-motel.jpg

Hot damn. I don't care if the guy is evil, Zach Shelby is hot.

Edited by methodwriter85