Android 5 vs iOS 7, significant?

hh5

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/android-5-0-key-lime-pie-release-date-news-and-rumours-1091500

Android 5.0 features

1. Performance Profiles
2. Better multiple device support
3. Enhanced social network support
4. Line-drawing keyboard options
5. A video chat app
6. Multi-select in the contacts
7. Cross-device SMS sync
8. A "Never Update" option
9. App preview/freebie codes
10. Final whinges and requests...

Part of it sounds like catch up to Android 4.2, google maps

http://ipad.appstorm.net/general/opinion/apps-maps-and-more-an-ios-7-wishlist/

Multi-User Support
iCloud Notifications
Mixing Up The Default
Better Maps
Digitally Authentic Design

Windows 9 release date, news and rumours
UPDATED What do we know about the future of Windows?

Windows 9 to be cheaper, smaller, with more apps
Windows 9 power management
Windows 9 gestures and experiences

Edited by hh5

I have read about iOS \ iPad jailbroken term

To jailbreak, or not to jailbreak, that is the question. Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer the loss and outrage of denied apps, or to take up arms against the app store dictators by opposing them."

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad-FAQ/ss/Jailbreaking-101_2.htm

I think the moral is ... Only if you can afford it

Some where I read ... instability at multi-tasking and being open up to security attacks

We will see if Android 4.2 falls prey to attacks or not?

discounting the argument that Android is unsafe compared to an iPad (apps n internet)

Edited by hh5

Don't have a tablet nor smartphone but I love gadgets ... waiting to see how the tablet wars turn out

but considering a Galaxy Note 8 to replace an iPaq\GPS

Don't have a tablet nor smartphone but I love gadgets ... waiting to see how the tablet wars turn out

but considering a Galaxy Note 8 to replace an iPaq\GPS

I have a feeling you may be waiting a while for those wars to reach some sort of conclusion ;)

A lot of people seem to love the Note, and you appear to be more Android-orientated, so it sounds like could be a good choice.

lol, actually I would prefer Win8 ... Android is usable ... apple is expensive

but GPS may not always be available in Win8 tabs

if I get the 8 ... it may mean I won't get a 10 

in terms of programming ... i found out html5 does work so well on all three ...

perhaps no one has fully implemented it 

companies are programming natively or using another environment that allows for managing one app for the three type of tablets

I have a feeling you may be waiting a while for those wars to reach some sort of conclusion ;)

A lot of people seem to love the Note, and you appear to be more Android-orientated, so it sounds like could be a good choice.

Edited by hh5

lol, actually I would prefer Win8 ... Android is usable ... apple is expensive

but GPS may not always be available in Win8 tabs

if I get the 8 ... it may mean I won't get a 10 

in terms of programming ... i found out html5 does work so well on all three ...

perhaps no one has fully implemented it 

companies are programming natively or using another environment that allows for managing one app for the three type of tablets

The biggest problem with claiming that HTML5 works 'well' on all three is that unless they did it when I wasn't looking, they still haven't finalized the HTML5 spec.

Scary thought, yes?  Half the internet is running on 'specs' that aren't even finalized yet!

lol, typo miss the NOT, lol

gosh it seems for now they abandon html5 ... so every one has to write apps

if it was one day to be fully implemented ... would it be an alternative to writing native apps?

(couple of years)

The biggest problem with claiming that HTML5 works 'well' on all three is that unless they did it when I wasn't looking, they still haven't finalized the HTML5 spec.

Scary thought, yes?  Half the internet is running on 'specs' that aren't even finalized yet!

lol, typo miss the NOT, lol

gosh it seems for now they abandon html5 ... so every one has to write apps

if it was one day to be fully implemented ... would it be an alternative to writing native apps?

(couple of years)

Yes.  And No.

Even if HTML 5 was fully, 100% implimented, native code is always faster, and has fewer security loopholes.  Plus Javascript is just a pain to work with on a serious project, even with JQuery.