The thud heard during the Queen Speech

hh5

The queen wasn't even startled but the uk News will certainly raise the level of embarrassment for the boy

can you imagine when the first day of the new term of school starts; how many students will nit pick about fainting during the queen speech?

Revealed: Earl of Hopetoun's son Viscount Aithrie is page boy who fainted in the middle of the Queen's speech
  • Viscount Aithrie - christened Charles Hope - fell to the ground as the Queen was in the middle of her speech today
  • Witnesses described hearing 'loud thud' and disturbance to right of the throne as future Earl of Hopetoun fainted 
  • Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall expressed concern as page boy stumbled forward and fell to the ground
  • Footage of the incident shows the Queen flick her eyes towards the collapsed young man as he lay feet from her 
  • After a brief pause for breath she continued her speech referring to a 'comprehensive nuclear agreement with Iran'
  • Viscount Aithrie's ancestral seat is Hopetoun House near Edinburgh, one of the finest stately homes in Scotland
  • Youngster was one of four Pages of Honour responsible for carrying Queen's heavy ceremonial robe before speech
  • His family has an honourable record of service to Crown, country and military dating back several hundred years 
  • Monarch's speech promised to make Britain the best place in the world to start business, get job and raise family
page_boy_queen_fai_2931092b.jpg

Edited by hh5

I heard the thud and saw a tremendous amount of concern about the boy.  Well maybe not, but the photos showed at least one adult tending to him.  

• Site Administrator

Rumour has it that when Prince Charles heard the thud, he eagerly asked if it was 'Mother?'

:D

• Like 4

Rumour has it that when Prince Charles heard the thud, he eagerly asked if it was 'Mother?'

:D

Put yourself in Charles position.  Could you imagine being in your mid-60s and still waiting to start your job?  

Put yourself in Charles position.  Could you imagine being in your mid-60s and still waiting to start your job?  

I can! Sometimes, on overcast days, I like to sit and imagine how frustrated and embarrassed he must be. Cheers me right up. ;)