Computer stuff

View HTML on iPad/iPhone 

Want to view webpage HTML code on your iPad or iPhone?

AppleToolBox explains how:

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-view-webpage-html-source-codes-on-ipad-iphone-no-app-required/

It worked a treat for my iPad 6 which wouldn’t display a trader’s product details correctly and this “hack”, now I’ve set it up, means all I have to do to view HTML for any webpage is click Bookmark, then Show source code (new Favourite) et voila! 

So if anyone else has any tips or tricks for their kit then post ‘em here :) 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, SarahCornel said:

I have the same question. It seems to me that it is worth delving more into this topic.

it’s important to follow the link instructions exactly - might help to print the webpage and then literally follow them word for word :) 

• Like 1
On 3/26/2022 at 11:47 PM, Zombie said:

View HTML on iPad/iPhone 

Want to view webpage HTML code on your iPad or iPhone? basketbros

AppleToolBox explains how:

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-view-webpage-html-source-codes-on-ipad-iphone-no-app-required/

It worked a treat for my iPad 6 which wouldn’t display a trader’s product details correctly and this “hack”, now I’ve set it up, means all I have to do to view HTML for any webpage is click Bookmark, then Show source code (new Favourite) et voila! 

So if anyone else has any tips or tricks for their kit then post ‘em here :) 

awesome!! I have been finding this tool for a long time. I was struggling with my ipad to find the web page HTML

thank you so much. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had an identical hack last month. However, all my information from the hard disk was lost. Therefore, I had to contact data recovery services near me. Btw, the source code of the page opens in different browser and is available for viewing by all users. You need to use ctrl+u to open the code in a separate window. Alternatively, you need to select the appropriate item in the browser settings. Using this data, you can study the page layout and learn a lot of other information about the page and its content.   

9 hours ago, SarahCornel said:

I had an identical hack last month. However, all my information from the hard disk was lost. Therefore, I had to contact data recovery services near me. Btw, the source code of the page opens in different browser and is available for viewing by all users. You need to use ctrl+u to open the code in a separate window. Alternatively, you need to select the appropriate item in the browser settings. Using this data, you can study the page layout and learn a lot of other information about the page and its content.   

sorry you lost your hard drive data

using the iPad Safari browser it takes just two “clicks” to display the source code for this thread - the bookmark icon top left, and then “Show page source” from the drop-down list. The html source code is then displayed in a new tab, not a new browser - there’s a lot of it!

on my old Windows laptop there’s a drop-down menu source code display option under Tools (I think) so that’s also just two clicks, but that’s in plain sight - the iPad feature needs to be set up as per the OP but, once done, it’s easy peasy to use :)