Eragon

Myr

• Site Administrator

it's a great book. and soon to be movie and cool computer game.

I am really excited about Eragon the Movie coming out in December! The first book was excellent, and the second book - Eldest - was even better!

Christopher Paolini is a fantastic writer. The amazing part is that he started writing in his early teens. That makes me crazy jealous of his talent.

The bond between Eragon and his dragon, Saphira, is the great part of the story, in my opinion. And while this story follows the great traditions of fantasy writing, Paolini finds a way to make the story unique.

For anyone who loves true fantasy - elves, dragons, wizards, etc. - you will love this story from the first to the last.

It doesn't hurt that they picked a cute guy to play the lead role in the movie... :D

And for anyone who loves audiobooks - like I do - this is a must listen. I downloaded it off ITunes (it's not cheap, but worth it) on to my IPod and it's awesome! The voices performed by the narrator bring the story to life!

So thanks Myr. You reminded of something to look forward to! For three years we had Lord of the Rings to wait for around Christmas, but then it was over. :( Now we have Eragon!

I'm sure it will do really well and they'll do Eldest after!

Woo Hoo Eragon!

Centaur

It will be awesome when the movie is release. My only hope is that they stick to the story from the book more than they do with others. I don't want them completely changing things like they did to Anne Rice's "Queen of the Damned". That really smarts when they completely change things or add things that were never in the books.

But if it's actually like the book, it will be a hit movie. Probably better rated than Harry Potter. I know that's how I would vote condsidering I loved Eragon and Eldest, but couldn't get past the fifth chapter of the first HP book. Then again it's a preference, but I think it will be a B.O. hit.

BTW/ Does anyone know when the third book in the inheritence series will be released, or for that matter announced? I haven't been able to find anything.

Later.