Martha Stewart

I simply don't get why they are going after Martha Stewart!

I understand the law about inside trading. It was probably established by Joe P. Kennedy when he was head of the exchange commission for reform of the exchange so that crooks like himself would no longer be able to manipulate the markets.

What I don't understand is what Martha Stewart did wrong. She did the same thing i would have done given the same situtation. It is wrong to try to save your investments. She DAM sure doesn't have enought money to manipulate markets.

This is yet another case of the Fed targeting someone they don't like from my point of view.

Is there anyone that has a better idea of why what Martha Stewart did was wrong and need to be punished perhpas even with prision time. I Just Don't Get IT?

:thumbdown:

• Site Administrator

I think they should be spending their time nailing people like Ken Lay of Enron and that guy from Tyco to the cross.

Martha did bupkis and is not even charged with the more serious offense of insider trading.

I don't see how it is wrong if you are told by someone that a business is going south to sell your stock. I don't see aproblem with that. I think that they are useing her as an escape goat.

Pyro

:stupid: LMBO.. I think they tried to make an example of her, but I ALSO think there mighta been some insider trading going on but they didn't have enough evidence and therefore went after her for somethin silly... I think she should hafta give me half her money as punishment :2thumbs: