*NOTICE*

DarkShadow

For the last few days, my 'gay affiliated' email accounts have been inundated with .pif virus attempts. They are recognizable by a date of 1998. For the most part they have landed in the 'bulk' section of my email, but they can be damaging if downloaded or the .pif file is opened.

If you happen to see an email like this in your bulk or regular mail. Delete it. DO NOT reply to it. That will give them the opportunity to track your IP. Do not reply to them in chat, do not reply to them if you get it on a message board. Just delete it.

Take care and beware.

Shannon

• Site Administrator

Thanks, Shannon.

I had some a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't seen any recently. I thought they were odd, but decided to ignore them (given the old date).

For the last few days, my 'gay affiliated' email accounts have been inundated with .pif virus attempts. They are recognizable by a date of 1998. For the most part they have landed in the 'bulk' section of my email, but they can be damaging if downloaded or the .pif file is opened.

If you happen to see an email like this in your bulk or regular mail. Delete it. DO NOT reply to it. That will give them the opportunity to track your IP. Do not reply to them in chat, do not reply to them if you get it on a message board. Just delete it.

Take care and beware.

Shannon

I have recieved over 50 of them in the last 2 days in my work email.

Me thinks that there is another data miner out there sucking up email addys again

Armand