Black Parade

Razor

NEW MCR VIDEO! Okay, normally I wouldn't make a topic about something like this... but I'm a crazed, rabid, borderline stalker fan, and I finally saw the new video for Welcome to the Black Parade last night, and it ROCKED MY WORLD. The new album is absolutely awesome, and I wanted to see if there are any more My Chemical Romance fans out there in the GA world. :D Anyone who knows me well knows I've wanted in Gerard Way's pants for a long time now, hehe.

And it just HAD to be all marching-bandy! Of course, marching bands absolutely rock beyond belief, so that was just awesome. :D And Gerard's hair is... wow, different, lol. Not anything I imagined he would do with it, but it's very cute on him. Does anyone else think he's lost some weight? But anyways, someone else come in here and ramble with me so I'm not alone with my MCR obsession!!!!!!

So, whatchas think?

When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city to see a marching band. He said, "Son, when you grow up, will you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned?" He said, "Will you defeat them, your demons, and all the non-believers, the plans that they have made? Because one day I'll leave you, a phantom, to lead you in the summer, to join the black parade."

Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me, and other times I feel like I should go. When through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets, and when you're gone we want you all to know. We'll carry on, we'll carry on, and though you're dead and gone, believe me your memory will carry on. We'll carry on and in my heart I can't contain it, the anthem won't explain it.

A world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams, your misery and hate will kill us all, so paint it black and take it back, let's shout it loud and clear. Defiant to the end, we hear the call to carry on, we'll carry on, and though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on, we'll carry on, and though you're broken and defeated, your weary widow marches on and on we carry through the fears.

Disappointed faces of your peers, take a look at me, cause I could not care at all. Do or die, you'll never make me, because the world, will never take my heart. You can try, you'll never break me, want it all, we wanna play this part, won't explain, or say I'm sorry. I'm not ashamed, I'm gonna show my scar, give a cheer, for all the broken. Listen here, because it's only...

I'm just a man, I'm not a hero. I'm just a boy, who's meant to sing this song. I'm just a man, I'm not a hero

I don't care, we'll carry on, we'll carry on, and though you're dead and gone believe me, your memory will carry on, you'll carry on, and though you're broken and defeated, your weary widow marches on.

Kay so, I'm weird too! But GREAT song! The whole album is awesome! It's like one big story :D

Viv

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! <--- crazed fan scream

:D YES! I've been listening to it over and over while I play around on my computerator, and I'm loving every song. Although 'Teenagers', 'The End', and a couple others stand out a lot.

To sum up, though, I just absolutely LOVE it. Maybe I'm weird, but MCR has always just made me extremely happy and bouncy, lol. On the bus I was jumping around and screaming with a fellow fan while we listened to it on her headphones, hehe.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! <--- crazed fan scream

:D YES! I've been listening to it over and over while I play around on my computerator, and I'm loving every song. Although 'Teenagers', 'The End', and a couple others stand out a lot.

To sum up, though, I just absolutely LOVE it. Maybe I'm weird, but MCR has always just made me extremely happy and bouncy, lol. On the bus I was jumping around and screaming with a fellow fan while we listened to it on her headphones, hehe.

:blink: somehow, I'd never thought of being happy and bouncy and MCR in the same sentance; not matter how many commas. :P

On another note, I do like Mama..

and the drum major, :D what can I say I'm visualy inclined !

Havent seen the video yet, which reminds me, when did they stop showing videos on MTV?

Steve

MTV is the devil. They still show videos every now and then, but usually on MTV2 or MTV3 or whatever the hell they have now. Usually it's nothing good on there, though. If you want to see the video and have a decently fast connection, you can always go to www.mychemicalromance.com and watch it streaming from their page under 'media'. I HIGHLY recommend it... Gerard Way in a band uniform is surprisingly scrumptious. :D

The only MCR song that's ever made me sad is Helena, and that's only because it was an ex's favorite and I associate them with it in my head. Otherwise, they get me all hyped up.

Now... I have GOT to get to a concert!!!!!! It just is NOT fair that I haven't seen them live yet!

Screw the candy! I would slap my mother for a chance to see them live, lol! And that's not anything to take lightly since she'd fight back and probably wipe the floor with me.

Mmm, okaaaay....so I'm getting some weird mixed messages from this video. And I apologize to all you young-uns that will have no idea what I'm talking about, but does anyone else think the singer looks like Billy Corgan's younger brother, doing his best Freddy Mercury impression?

Given that I'm not really a big MCR fan (out of ignorance, not dislike) that's actually a compliment, I think.

I think it's a compliment... If I didn't have Gerard Way, I'd probably worship Freddie Mercury instead, cept for the whole dead thing. I think if he ever heard someone compare him to Freddie Mercury, he'd be incredibly happy, since y'know, Mercury was probably one of the single best vocalists of all time. :D

Just watched the video, definately see where the Freddie Mercury referance comes from,

That aside, all of their videos, witch exception of I'm not Ok, are very ... Beautiful and rather visualy stunning... Helena was just morbidly beautiful...

Well I had fun watching their vids! Thanks for the suggestion, Jamie! I liked their stuff on the radio but hadn't really saught it out before. I totally loved that "movie" video for "I'm not okay" on their page! :2thumbs: Maybe I'm just trippin' but what's that video where they're all in a hotel with their alter egos? (that's them right?)

Have a fun-filled day everyone!

Kevin

NEW MCR VIDEO! Okay, normally I wouldn't make a topic about something like this... but I'm a crazed, rabid, borderline stalker fan, and I finally saw the new video for Welcome to the Black Parade last night, and it ROCKED MY WORLD. The new album is absolutely awesome, and I wanted to see if there are any more My Chemical Romance fans out there in the GA world. :D Anyone who knows me well knows I've wanted in Gerard Way's pants for a long time now, hehe.

And it just HAD to be all marching-bandy! Of course, marching bands absolutely rock beyond belief, so that was just awesome. :D And Gerard's hair is... wow, different, lol. Not anything I imagined he would do with it, but it's very cute on him. Does anyone else think he's lost some weight? But anyways, someone else come in here and ramble with me so I'm not alone with my MCR obsession!!!!!!

So, whatchas think?

Downloading the video as we speak ;)

Their music is good. Reminds me of Weazer, Blue October or Hawthorne Heights. I prefer a little more screaming in my music (most days), but this is good stuff!

--- Edit

Just finished watching the video... pretty cool!