Just incase anyone here wanted to start an airline

jessehotty

Well, I found it interesting and admusing.

I worked at Renton for a couple of months, and I can asure you that Boeing do not do anything for nothing. They are not particularly interested in selling their aircraft, to start up companies. The industry at the moment is in a down turn. It is in Boeing interest to get people to start now so that when the up turn comes, they will buy planes. If small companies buy any aircraft, Boeing or otherwise, it will help Boeing because it will reduce the second hand market, and indirrectly sell Boeing aircraft. If small companies buy second hand aircraft from Boeing or new aircraft, even better.

My amusement comes from the realisation that the bosses in Boeing have swallowed their pride and started to give apparently no sale advice, which will probably be better sales technique in the long run.

Boeing Resources: Boeing can help with crew training, maintenance, spares, IFE, configuration, interiors, etc.

Sounds like they are trying to sell more planes, or at least...

Maybe Boeing's feeling the heat from this side of the ocean... Airbus! Especially with the supersized A380

I've got a *looks in old teapot* few spare bucks, why don't we all chip in and start an airline? Unfortunately the name Virgin has gone, but we could call it GA Air. Snappy name, huh?

Honestly, whadda ya think. We could take it in turns being pilot...

Honestly, whadda ya think. We could take it in turns being pilot...

Long training, low margins, high risk... We'd have a better chance at starting a publishing house. We can still make spiffy uniforms and have people speaking in the intercom, if this is what appeals to you.