I'm new here and have too much time... let me know if I took this whole comment thing way too seriously, lol.
Nos is good company. He knows the smart play is to shut up and he never once does it. The ring line gets him knocked off his chair and he goes straight back in with the mother joke. Real trait, real cost, and it tells me more about him than a paragraph of description would.
Two things you might play with, both fixable in about ten minutes.
The mirror explanation. Right now the physics of it walks across the emotional beat, which is him sitting there hating that he's got Andrea's eyes. That's the gut-punch of the whole chapter and the 'how it works' steps on it. I'd let him sit in it, ugly and unresolved, and move the reflection mechanics somewhere with less at stake. Or lose them entirely, honestly. Nobody's going to stop reading because they don't know why vampires don't show up in mirrors.
The other's a habit rather than a fault. There's a decent amount of Nos realized, Nos figured, Nos knew, Nos remembered so that it is noticable. Those put a pane of glass between the reader and the thing. Most of them can just go and let the thing be the thing. Instead of "Nos realized he could see the little wrinkles on Luc's face, even without his glasses," give us the wrinkles, right there, suddenly sharp, and let the reader do the realizing. You already know how to do this, which is why I'm bothering to mention it. The lavender arriving twice before anyone explains what it means is exactly the right instinct.
That one might just be my writing, but I operate on noticed what? knew what? remembered what? How did it make him feel, what did he see, smell, hear, think...
Also, tiny one, there's a butler's hand at his temple that I'm fairly sure is meant to be Luc. Sven's the chef and no butler turns up anywhere else (this might just be me reading it wrong).
Solid opening. Warm where it counts, mean where it needs to be, and the mark showing up already is a good place to leave a reader.
And credit to everyone while I'm here. @kbois and @CassieQ on edits, @Thirdly, @Jason Rimbaud and @chris191070 betaing, with @LJCC, @drown, @Jack Poignet and @Headstall pitching in. The chapter reads clean and moves well, and that's almost never one person's doing. Thanks for the work, all of you, it shows!
Looking forward to the next one, @BendtedWreath.