-
Posts
6,512 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by sandrewn
-
If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -Albert Einstein sandrewn
-
Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you. -Aldous Huxley sandrewn
-
Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it. -Michelangelo sandrewn
-
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better person. Benjamin Franklin sandrewn (changed 'man' to 'person')
-
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean sandrewn
-
Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not cliches but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path. -Phillip Sweet sandrewn
-
Happy New year, my friend. Two books in 2017, WOW!! The power of positive thinking and never giving up, give yourself a well deserved pat on the back. Keep looking forward, head held high and may 2018 be the best year ever for you. Always sandrewn (I'll try to read both of your books)
-
“To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge.” -Nicolaus Copernicus sandrewn
-
“The beginning of wisdom, as they say. When you're seventeen you know everything. When you're twenty-seven if you still know everything you're still seventeen.” -Ray Bradbury sandrewn
-
"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone." -Oscar Wilde sandrewn
-
“I look back now and realize that the gift of a true friend is that they see you not the way you see yourself or the way others see you. A true friend sees you for who you are and who you can become.” -Robin Jones Gunn sandrewn (I changed, 'she sees' to 'they see')
-
"I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats." -Eckhart Tolle sandrewn
-
"Is there a difference between happiness and inner peace? Yes. Happiness depends on conditions being perceived as positive; inner peace does not." -Eckhart Tolle sandrewn
-
"If you are still searching for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror." ~Anonymous sandrewn
-
"Anyone can smile for a photo, but who is still smiling after the selfie?" ~Ken Poirot sandrewn
-
"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't" ~ Mark Twain sandrewn
-
Now that I have more time, I'm at a loss for words. You gave us a bit of a scare with your last hospital visit. Try not to do that again, please. It is good to see that you as our resident Ocarina player are keeping your fingers loose and nimble. I mean, to be able too continually make those great quilts, shows your digital dexterity. The little birds on this one for your niece will captivate her as she gets older. I counted 58 birds or bird parts thereof, in the photo you sent. Take care of yourself, my friend, you are an important patch and part of this living quilt that makes up GA. This is an after the fact post, so the cake is but yummy food for thought. The video, well your chosen name here, explains that. As the many before me, I hope... That You Arpeggio (A.K.A. Lacey) Had a Great & Happy Birthday!!! Happy Birthday to You - Classical Guitar Arpeggio Solo アルペジオ ソロギター - YouTube sandrewn
-
Lacey This one is short so I could get it in before midnight, I wish you A Happy Birthday. I am stuck cleaning up a flooded bathroom and you deserve a bells & whistle HPB as I am want to do. So an on time small(for me) one right now, and a souped up belated one tomorrow. Best wishes sandrewn
-
"Down there between our legs, it's like an entertainment complex in the middle of a sewage system. Who designed that?" ~Neil deGrasse Tyson sandrewn
-
"Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so." ~Dale Carnegie sandrewn
-
"One of the Secrets in Life is to Make Stepping Stones out of Stumbling Blocks." ~Jack Penn sandrewn
-
"The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn't prepared to work for." ~Habeeb Akande sandrewn
-
I wanted to be an editor, but then realized that it would take another editor to edit what I edited for a writer, so I gave up on that idea. The job you guys do is another reason for the success of GA and the quality of its writers presentations. You and the beta readers are that secret ingredient to many of the stories here. Now today is also a milestone for you personally, 25 years old. I vaguely recall back then(at 25), sitting in my tank freezing my butt off, camouflaged, waiting for H hour, in some West German forest late October. The mist and fog so thick you could cut it and the cold just seeping into everyone of my joints. I would like to ad my few words and join in... Wishing You Ruslana di Angelo A Very Happy 25th Birthday Today!!! Birthday songs for friends - HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNNY SURPRISE - YouTube sandrewn
-
"If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?" ~George Carlin sandrewn
-
"Friends are the family you choose." ~Jess C. Scott sandrewn
