Jump to content
    Amonsri
  • Author
  • 1,022 Words
  • 863 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twins of Old - 1. Dreams

Needs a good font for dragon tongue

“Hurry up!" cried a young boy. He was tall compared to other 5 years old. His head was covered in an huge head of red hair, but the hair never seemed to get it the way of his eyes. His eyes were the color of a pine tree, deep, dark green, but not so dark to be confused with black. His body was well built. He was a little skinny, but was slightly muscled. He runs down an alley, and around the corner. At the other end of the alley another boy sprints into view. He is identical to the first. "Wait up, Nama," he yells as he quickly rounds the same corner as his brother did. When Nicu catches up with Nama they continue their sprint all the way to the northern end of town where their home is. Their mother spots them from the open doorway and runs out to greet them. She continues to hug them all the why inside as they are giggling and fussing. Both of the boys freeze when their mother suddenly screams in their ears. Before they know what is happening they are thrust into the closet. They scramble up to see what the problem is just as the front door is busted open by a strong warrior. Their mother tries to stop him but is cleaved in two by a blade covered in strange symbols. The warrior starts to approach the boys who are now cowering in the back corner of the closet. Suddenly the door to the closet is blocked by a tall, red hair lady. They boys brighten as they see their sister Amonsri. She starts to speak words in a language that make the boys feel safe even thought they have no idea what is being said. A flash of light explodes from Amonsri's hand. Nicu and Nama both jolted upright in their beds, gasping for breath. It had been 11 years since that incident but almost monthly they would share this dream. When they looked at each other across their dimly lit room they reminded each other of the vow they had made, when their older sister Amonsri first explained what their dreams meant.

They were 13 years old. It was right after they discovered they had dragon souls in them. The day after their birthday on the final day of the Festival of Gamic. they were helping Amonsri practice for the closing ceremony that would take place later that night. She told them "In order to ascertain if you have been blessed by the elder race recite what I tell you. I will first say it plainly so that you may know what passes your lips. "If the Elder race have honored me with some of their spirit I ask that it be made known to me now.'" She then repeated her self in the Dragon Tongue (not sure what to put). when she had finished she told them to go ahead and try to pronounce it. She said "The youngest ones to be in the ceremony are 15 because that is the youngest anyone's been able to pronounce it. If the a person is able to pronounce it it means they have a Dragon Soul." Both Nicu and Nama tried to recite what she had said. (insert more language) Amonsri stared in utter disbelief has she heard her brothers echo her words perfectly. "Go straight home, and don't say a word to anyone. Be back here for the ceremony tonight."

That night at the ceremony Nicu and Nama came out last. When they did so there was a collective gasp from the crowd who stood watching. There was almost a constant whispering as Amonsri repeated the ceremony for her two little brothers. When it came time for the boys to speak absolute silence fell over the crowd. This time however when they spoke a slight glow emanated from the two boys. The crowd then erupted into a loud tumult.

The next day after they had completed they ceremony, Amonsri had sat them down and explained several things with to them. She started with the ceremony of the previous night. " The younger you are when you receive a Dragon Spirit, assuming you get one, normally the stronger it is. You are also twins which is also rare and also have larger amounts of the Dragons Soul in them. That and the fact that you cast a spell confirming the presence of your own Dragon Souls means that the Dragons must be expecting great things out of you." exclaimed Amonsri.

“Now you both had better start behaving responsibly now,” she said. “I will NOT have my apprentices acting like fool!”

“Whoa, hold on their sis,” said Nicu.

“How are we YOUR apprentices,” finished Nama. Both of them know that their sister was known for being a hard teacher.

“Alright, first off as you know the Mouth of the Dragon can chose any who possess a Dragon Soul as an apprentice,” stated Amonsri.

“But you are not the Mouth here sis, this Pohe, not Amylitron,” interrupted Nama

“You know full well that I am in charge of the Amylitron survivors, which in case you two forget includes you. I will not believe that you two would try to break ties with the place mom and dad tried to raise you!” Amonsri instantly regretted this as she saw her brothers’ faces drop at the mention of their parents. “I also could not let anyone else teach you. If they messed up or you got hurt I don’t know how I would react.” She told them.

“Sis, you know we never meant that,” Nicu said sullenly. “But I think everyone here knows what you would do if someone hurt us.” He chuckled.

“You would lecture them and tell them how stupid it was until their ears fell off,” joked Nama as both he and Nicu burst out laughing.

“Laugh while you can. We will see how funny you think you are when I start your history training,” Amosnri said darkly, “and secondly stop finishing each other thoughts it plain spooky.”

Needs a good font for dragon tongue
Copyright © 2014 Amonsri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great one, though the English is a bit rough in spots. :)

If it was my story, I'd choose something like Old English for the font, or Gothic, like in medieval manuscripts...I think it is sometimes called Blackletter also...here is a link to these types--I think Cloister Black would look nice, and not be too hard to work out.

Link to comment
On 12/26/2014 06:37 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
Another great one, though the English is a bit rough in spots. :)

If it was my story, I'd choose something like Old English for the font, or Gothic, like in medieval manuscripts...I think it is sometimes called Blackletter also...here is a link to these types--I think Cloister Black would look nice, and not be too hard to work out.

Thanks for the Review! This is my first story so I hope I am not breaking any etiquette rules I am unaware of. I guess I should also note ( partly as an excuse partly not) that i have a learning disability called Central Auditory Processing Disorder ( of a decoding sub-type if i recall correctly). How this works for me is that I have and absolutely horrible time spelling. This carries over to grammar because I tend to ignore those rules in order to focus on spelling. Anyway enough about that, I will once again say thanks for the interest in my story!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..