Jump to content
    Amonsri
  • Author
  • 918 Words
  • 1,460 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Twins of Old - Prologue. Prologue

The Festival of Gamic was at it's peak. It was midnight of the second day, of this three day long celebration. Every where you look you could see dragons. Dragon puppets, tattoos, candy, and masks, but the biggest dragon was just coming out. This was the most important ceremony for those who carried a dragon's soul. Down this small town's main road was coming the largest procession of the year, The Dance of the Dragon. First in this parade comes the jesters and acrobats. Not to mention the stilt walkers which came to be and easy six feet over the roofs of the surrounding house, not a hard feat when the houses are only one story high, but still impressive. Next comes the priest and priestess of the Elders. Each one had a certain name like the Heart of the Dragon or the Mind of the Dragon, but the highest and most powerful was called the Mouth of the Dragon. Now the Mouth of the Dragon was surrounded by all of the others priests and priestess. Every priest or priestess had a dragon soul in them, along with several of the towns people. The old man that stood in the middle of the dancing acolytes was actually the previous Mouth of the Dragon. He was filling in for Amonsri who was helping her mother with the birth of her sibling.

“ They are beautiful mother,” said Amonsri. “I am going to say a blessing over them now, if it is okay with you.”

“ Yes, please do my daughter. I know how important the blessings are especially with twins.”

“ Thank you mama, but first you need to name them.”

“ Yes, a name. They shall be named in honor of you father,” she sobbed. "I wish he was here but those mongrels Redderabs murdered him in the last raid.”

“ Yes, I know,i just wish I was there to curse them.” Amonsri spat venomously.

“ It does not matter now," said her mother. "Their names shall be Nicu and Nama, but they shall bear a second name Nama's shall be Aven. Nicu's other name will be Ger.”

“ Yes mama. Now I must take them to the temple to bless them.”

“ You are right, but be careful and hurry. There are lots of things happening tonight due to the festival.”

“ I promise I will be very careful mother”

A short while later in the inter most part of the Elder Temple Amonsri was blessing her twin brothers. The inner chamber was cooled by the multiple passages that connected to the frigid night. The torches cast a flickering light through out the chamber, making strange shapes in addition to the already strange elder runes some of which, not even the oldest priest could read swarmed the smooth gray stone walls. in the middle of the room stood a stone table with an obsidian top. Along the side of the obsidian top ran even more elder runes, of which meanings were actually known. On top of the obsidian swaddled by a blanket, laid Amonsri's brothers.

Amonsri started the monotonous blessing that she had done a hundred times before, and like the hundred times before came the reminder that the old man gave her whenever she told him she was doing a infant blessing “ Whatever you do, do not change the wording of the blessing.”How many times had she herd that?

“I pray to the elder race, those who ruled long ago, to bless these twins, Nama Aven Wesil and Nicu Ger Wesil. May they live long and find much happiness in life.” She paused for a moment, wondering if she should break the ancient rule of blessing. She knew that the old man would have her head if he found out that she had changed the blessing, but she had a strong urge to do it anyway. “I pray that these twins have be sent from you to correct wrongs and restore things of old.” “Take that old man I added to the blessing,” she thought. She then heard a loud crack and saw a large break appear in the ceiling above the table. She threw herself on top of the table, protecting the twins while closing her eyes. This was quickly followed by a loud rumble. When the rumbling stop she opened her eyes and saw a strange sight. The ceiling had a huge hole right over the table. All around the table there lay big stone slabs, but not one pebble was on the table. Amonsri could see the the twin moons through the hole. Both moons were full.

“It is a good night to be born,” thought the old man, “both of the moons are full, that only happens every 77 years.” As he thought this he suddenly stumbled and felt slightly off as if he was watching his own body. He noticed that all most all of the members of his entourage stumbled at the same time, along with quite a few of the crowed. "that was very odd" the old man thought as the dance was quickly corrected and continued. No one dared to mess up the procession. If the procession was done incorrectly all those who carried a dragon's soul with them in this town, could be separated from it. The last time the procession failed a whole coastal city was destroyed in a flood from the released energy. Needless to say no one wanted a repeat performance.

Copyright © 2014 Amonsri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just needs a few touch-ups here and therewith spelling (spoted "all most" when I think you meant 'almost').
But the Prologue got me intrigued. Definitely will follow.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..