Jump to content
    asamvav111
  • Author
  • 322 Words
  • 770 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kavya, My Poetry - 27. Two Poems

Becoming Poets

 

You and I, we have a strong bond
Like brothers, like lovers;
We disgust the world with our vain perversions,

our inane attachment with the word and the seas of heresy

part at our command revealing the shells of untruths hiding

beneath the silt of social justice.
Ecstasy beyond judgement is what we share

in the binding fallacy of corporeal pain

battling to win over the spirit.
Our ascension begins at the alter of ego.
Broken down pieces of the mirror of self-hate, we tread

upon our steps to immortality. Morality, ethics, civility, higher power

are all suspended in space as dwindling starlights, reaching us

from the outer edges of cosmos.

You and I, we have a strong bond.

Like brothers, like lovers;

We step over millions of corpses to reach the quintessential truth, the poesy of nature.

21/03/17

 

 

Paranoia

 

When I see you talking to others I think of it as betrayal
When I see you smiling with others I question if you are loyal
When I see you moving on with life going roundabout your business
I feel I have been left out from it all in order to hide your menace

I know the wheels are turning
I know the fires are burning out
Emotions are condensing in big chunks of ice
And soon it won't suffice to tell you that I love you,
that the earth only blooms for you,
that my breath begins & ends with you

And soon you will leave me for the others who make you smile, who kiss
you behind my back, smell your hair, bend you over to the road of infidelity
And it drives me mad, mad like a ragging bull,
Like a substance user craving his previous high
I can't stand them making you smile

One of these days I will tell them of your lies

22/03/17

div>
I hope you enjoyed the poem. You can share your thoughts by commenting below.
Thank you for taking your time to read this.

Tags in blog: Obsession, Betrayal, Poetics, Logophilia, Love, Poetry
Copyright © 2017 asamvav111; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

For me the first poem is about a love-hate relationship with words. Oftentimes, especially when I was younger, I'd set about to create a poem expressing my mood or emotions only to be utterly frustrated. When that happened, the poem was set aside and I felt like a failure. If I think about it, it was only during the process of writing the Tony Sonnets that this feeling abated. With writing them so quickly and following a daily routine, I'd start out as always with a vision in mind, but not feel so frustrated when the poem took off on its own velocity. I knew there'd always be tomorrow to try the idea out again, and recognized evolution was a friend to the process, not an enemy. 

 

Speaking of enemy, I fear for both the creator and recipient of the second poem here. Such internalized sentiments can turn unhealthy at the drop of a hat. However, I know poetry is a great way to deal with feelings; it always helps to get them out. 

 

I'm glad to see you join your verse to the Poetry section of GA postings :) Your blog was a fine place to put them, but it's nice to swell the ranks of Recent Story Updates with poetry as well. Well done. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

There is so much I could say. And so much I want to. But I will settle for a thank you. Your interpretation of both the poems are very astute.

I'm loving the pink. I'm hoping for more posting in the future. Unfortunately, the muse is a fickle one. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Wow! I just came across this,  have to go read your others. I understand the betrayal of Paranoia.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Wow! I just came across this,  have to go read your others. I understand the betrayal of Paranoia.

Thank you for reading.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..