Jump to content
    BlackInkRain
  • Author
  • 1,299 Words
  • 584 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rebellion of December - 3. Escaped

"Come on, Cia, they're long gone by now," Rook called to the Angelic woman, frustration clear in his tone.
 
"No, they're here," Cia insisted, ruffling the golden feathers of her wings and gazing out at the wasteland before her. "They have to be here. They couldn't have slipped past the patrols." She was quite pissed off. She'd had one of the highest ranked members of their little group within her grasp, and he slipped through her fingers, along with the boy that they'd been trying so hard to keep from them. A breeze blew through her hair, chilling to the bone as it lifted the raven locks slightly.
 
With a grunt of frustration, she suddenly turned and faced her second in command. "Have them comb the area. Keep guards on the perimeters, but we have to find them. They couldn't have escaped. And just in case, send out the beasts. They couldn't have gotten very far even if they did manage to escape our grasp." She turned and headed toward her hoverbike, getting on and turning on her communicator. "Lauren, have you found anything?" She asked.
 
"No, my lady, nothing as of yet," the woman answered, "I'll be certain to keep a sharp eye out for them and send word the moment that we find anything. Don't worry, my lady. We will find them."
 
Cia shook her head, shaking her hair out of her face as she put on her helmet. "Remember, capture the weak, and kill the strong. We need to draw them out but we can't risk captives that have more chance of escaping."
 
"Of course, my lady.” She paused briefly, “And what of Blood and Ice?"
 
Cia's lips curled up into a sneer, "If you find either of them, torture them, weaken them, and hold them until I can get there to finish them off myself."
 
"As you wish," the communication cut off, and Cia kicked her bike into gear. With a rumble it lifted off the ground, until the silencer kicked in. She took off back to base, her mind lingering on November. "I will get you, Blood," she whispered to herself, "Just wait."
 
-----
 
Felix whimpered in pain as June dabbed the cuts with a sterilized cloth. "Easy now," she murmured, eyes concerned. "You'll be okay. Just relax. Once I'm finished it'll heal much faster and you'll feel a lot better."
 
"What about November?" The boy asked shakily, "He got badly hurt. Is he going to be alright?"
 
June gave a sad smile and nodded. "He is already healed. He and December heal very quickly. They can survive injuries that you and I would normally find fatal."
 
"Oh. . ." Felix fell silent, eyes dropping to his lap. This silence lasted for a few minutes before he spoke up again. "They're like me, aren't they?" He asked softly, "They were experimented on. . . ."
 
June paused in what she was doing and looked at him, frowning with deep concern in her features. "What do you mean by 'like you'?" She asked slowly, "Did they experiment on you, February?"
 
"My name isn't February." Felix said in a flat tone, "And yes. November. . . he saved me. They had me in this lab. They did experiments on us, injected us with strange liquids that made our blood burn. . . ."
 
"Oh. . . ." June grew very worried then. "Maybe you need to speak to November about this. . . ."
 
"But I thought he already knew? He seemed to know what he was doing when he came to rescue me."
 
June finished cleaning his cuts and sat back, gazing on the boy's face. "You say 'us'. Were there more like you?"
 
"Yes but. . ." Felix looked away, sadness in his eyes, "They didn't survive. Each died over time from failed experiments. The last two were killed trying to escape."
 
"Oh! You poor thing!" June hugged him suddenly, making him whimper in surprise and confusion. "Well you're safe now. You don't have to worry about any more awful experiments, okay?" She kissed his forehead, "Come on, November wanted to see you once I got you all cleaned up." She took his hand, pulling him to his feet and leading him down the hall, down the stairs into the basement. This was where they had their lounge, and November was sitting on the couch with August on his lap and a glass of wine in his hand.
 
June cleared her throat as she and Felix approached. "Here he is, all nice and cleaned up, as I promised," she said, averting her eyes. It was no secret that August and November were 'together'. Most in the group had learned to accept it, but it still made some, such as June, a little uncomfortable to watch them being all affectionate or intimate with each other. Usually they were courteous enough to keep it private, but November had been away for weeks. They were just catching up.
 
November smiled kindly, "Do you mind, love?" He asked August, who huffed unhappily but complied, moving off his lap. He then looked to Felix, "Are you feeling any better? Have you gotten any rest?"
 
"I. . ." Felix shook his head. "No, not yet, I don't want to sleep right now. Eating was enough." He looked at June. "Thanks, you must have a lot to do. You don't have to stay."
 
June looked confused a moment before she shrugged it off and nodded. "Take care." She turned and left them.
 
Felix walked over to an armchair that was facing the sofa where November and August were sitting. "I didn't get a proper chance to thank you, for saving me," he said softly. There was a hint of admiration in his eyes. "So thank you."
 
November shrugged slightly, "I did what I could." He sighed, "I'm apologize that I couldn't save the others. If I'd known what was going on fully, I would have come in a whole lot sooner." He grimaced, "Rest assured, they won't be using that facility for experiments ever again."
 
"Experiments?" August asked, frowning.
 
"I can explain later," November told him. "The point is," he said, turning back to Felix, "I'm glad I managed to get you out. I hope that you can be happy here, with all of us."
 
Felix shrugged, looking down, "I don't like being called February. That's not my name, and everyone speaks it with sadness in their eyes. They’re probably remembering the one before me. I don't like that."
 
"None of the new ones do," November said sadly, "You'll have to get used to it. The reason we avoid our real names is both because of the symbolism, and because it helps protect us. If the enemy ever gets any sort of bugs or spies in here, keeping our names from them prevents them from finding our identity in the database, or targeting us with magic. Some of us have family and we wish to keep that family safe," he explained patiently and calmly.
 
"Oh. . ." Felix sighed, "Well they already know who I am, and I have no one to protect. I would rather go by Felix."
 
August shrugged, "I don't see the harm in it, as long as December still gets to call him February."
 
"Yeah well, whatever makes you happy," November said to the boy, "Regardless, keep what I've told you in mind. You need to be aware of how things work around here, alright?"
 
"Of course," Felix responded, "I'll try my best to fit in and learn. Don't worry for me."
Copyright © 2014 BlackInkRain; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..