Jump to content
    BlackInkRain
  • Author
  • 1,244 Words
  • 553 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rebellion of December - 5. Angelic

July started to call again but the door came open and November came out. "What's happening?!" He demanded, worry in his eyes as he hurried over to them. "Shit, Felix!" He scooped the boy up, not seeming to even notice the pain of the frost, and quickly went inside. "August!" He yelled out, as he took Felix to his room and laid him in the bed. "Get hot water!" He barked out to anyone, "I need a syringe and some of December's medication, now!" Everyone had been gathering to find out what all the commotion was, and they were quick to obey his orders.
 
August came in quickly, just as worried as everyone else, "What's happening?" He asked.
 
"Exactly what they were trying to do," November answered, without elaborating. He was too focused, hurriedly working to help Felix. The helpless boy was screaming out in agony and trying to curl in on himself, but November wouldn't let him. He forced him to lay out straight. "Where does it hurt most?" He asked, as he readied the syringe.
 
"M-my back. . ." Felix gasped, "M-make it s-stop. . . please. . . ." He pleaded, the tears turning to ice on his face.
 
"Just relax and trust me," November told him, injecting the medicine into his arm. "Now lie on your stomach," he helped the boy do as ordered, and took a cloth, wetting it in the warm water. He laid the steaming rag over Felix's back. "There?" He asked.
 
"Y-yeah. . . ." Felix was starting to become more still and wasn't making so many pained sounds. He was slowly starting to relax, and everyone breathed a sigh of relief as the ice started to recede.
 
"There, feeling better?" November asked, ruffling his hair.
 
"Yeah, just--" Felix suddenly screamed, louder than before. It made everyone jump, and he started to writhe again. November didn't know what was happening or what to do. The agony that Felix seemed to be suffering under was unbearable to watch.
 
November wasn't sure what else he could do to help, until December appeared at his side. "Move," he said in a gruff voice, pushing November out of the way. He placed a hand firmly between Felix's shoulder blades. "Stop struggling and just let it go," he ordered, "The pain will ease if you do." Felix didn't seem to listen and December growled, using his other hand to grab him by the hair. "Hey!" He shouted, "Listen to me! Do you want it to stop or not?"
 
Felix whimpered and quieted, going still again. December applied more pressure, making him groan and whine, until something seemed to be trying to escape from the skin on his back. Suddenly, wings burst out covered in blood. December grumbled under his breath as he quickly used the cloths to apply pressure around the wings in an attempt to keep the bleeding down. "There. The worst of it is over," he mumbled, "Just stay still. June, get the first aid kit. We'll need a lot of bandages." Everyone was sort of just staring in awe, even June. December shot her a harsh glare, "Do as I say!" He snapped.
 
She whimpered and hurried away to do as told. They got Felix cleaned up shortly. The worst certainly seemed to be over. The other girls set about washing the blood from the wings, which were like bird wings, and covered in soft gray feathers. Most of the others were sent away to give them space and privacy, but August and November stayed.
 
"Wow. . ." August murmured, staring at the beautiful, newly washed wings, "What-- how. . . how did those come out of his back?"
 
"It's a complicated mixture of magic and science," December muttered, sitting in a chair by Felix's bed. "He'll be alright, he'll just need a lot of rest. The moment he's well enough, we have to leave."
 
"What?" November sounded shocked, "Do you mean leave this base? Move?"
 
"Yes," December looked up at them, "July can probably throw something together that will cloak him, but right now February is sending out a very clear signal to all other Angelics. They will find us."
 
"What's. . . 'Angelics'?" August asked carefully.
 
"You've seen one before," November told him, taking his hand, "Do you remember that woman, with the wings that had gold feathers. She was really intent on capturing us."
 
August nodded slightly, remembering. That was the last time November allowed him to go out of the base on a mission with him. "Her name. . . wasn't it Cia?"
 
"Yes," December nodded, "She's an Angelic. A creature fused with magic and technology to create a creature that was supposed to match the power of angels. It. . . isn't an entirely successful art. They're not as powerful as their creators would like them to be. Ones like Cia were born that way through the experimentation. Ones like me and November were incomplete creations. Ones who failed to develop to the stage of the wings."
 
"Wait. . . you and November. . . ." August looked at his lover with wide eyes, "You're an Angelic?"
 
"I. . ." November looked down, "I wasn't entirely sure. The facility I went to, to find Felix. . . it was the same one they kept me in. It turned out that, yes, that is what they were doing with me. But like November said, we're incomplete. Still human."
 
"That's not important," December interrupted him, "What I want to know, is if they picked you, me and Felix out of coincidence, or if they somehow knew that we were meant to be the months. They targeted September and July as well, remember?"
 
November nodded, considering it, "It's possible they have a way of knowing...but that could turn out to be extremely bad. If anyone else dies, and they have their hands on the next one, they could pick us off one by one until we're all under their control."
 
"I know. . . ." December said softly, rubbing his temples, "First priority is to get somewhere safe. Then we need to figure out what they know. We act based on what we can find out."
 
"Are you sure Felix will be alright?" August asked. He was really worried for the boy. "What about the medication? He is going to need it now too, right? We don't have enough for both of you."
 
"He's right. . . ." November mumbled.
 
"Yeah, except it's the three of us," December corrected, "November is going to need to start using it as well. I think that, although it's weak he's still giving off a slight signal. That's how Cia always ends up on his tail."
 
August bit his lip hard, "We have to get more then. . . ."
 
"Worry about that later," November pressed, "Please. I've had enough worrying for one night." He kissed August's cheek, "Come on, we both could use some sleep."
 
August groaned, but gave in, "Okay. . . ." He glanced at December, "Watch over him?"
 
"Of course," December responded, looking at Felix. "He'll be safe. Just rest."
 
August nodded and took November's hand, walking with him and heading to bed. Things were likely to only get even more stressful.
Copyright © 2014 BlackInkRain; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..