Jump to content
    BlackInkRain
  • Author
  • 1,127 Words
  • 699 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rebellion of December - 6. Wait

Cia cursed loudly, throwing her glass against the wall in her anger. "Why haven't we found them yet?!" She shouted, starting to pace, "They have to be here! They can't have gotten away! Why haven't we found them?!"
 
"Easy, my lady. . ." Rook said in a careful voice, "We haven't found them yet, but there's...a trace." He hoped she would calm down long enough to hear him out. "Look. . ." He pulled out the scrap of cloth, "The beasts are on the scent trail right now."
 
"Cia!" Lauren came into the room, breathless. "He's turned. He's an Angelic, like us. I can sense him! The boy! We can trace his signal!"
 
That news made Cia perk up, spinning to look at both of them. She reached out with her senses, finding that small ping. The boy most certainly had turned, and his location was being broadcast openly for anyone who knew what to look for. A dark smile spread across her lips. "We've got them. . . . He'll lead us to their base. We'll have all of them. Let's go." She started to leave, but Rook stopped her.
 
"Hey, wait! They're both going to be there; Blood and Ice, November and December. We could take them if they were on their own, but it's both of them, along with the rest of their group. We're not prepared for this, Cia." Rook was trying to restrain his concern, but he struggled to. "We need to call back up. Let me go. I can lock their location, and delay them if they try to escape. You're in no condition to be going after them on your own."
 
"No! We have to--"
 
"No," Rook was firm, grasping her shoulders, "Remember. . . we have to wait. You need your medicine. You need to be at your full strength." He relaxed as she appeared to calm down, and looked to Lauren. "Look after her while I'm away. Make sure she doesn't get reckless," he ordered.
 
Cia scoffed, "Don't start acting like you're my superior, Rook. I will rip your heart out."
 
"I am merely doing my job," Rook said, grimacing. "If that does result in getting my heart ripped out, at least let me finish what I started, fair?" With those words, he left them, setting out to do his work. They wouldn't let those traitors go free. They wouldn't get away this time.
 
-----
 
August sighed as he packed up his things. He had a lot on his mind. He'd never imagined that they would have to leave this place, especially so suddenly. "November?" He looked up at his lover, but quite nearly regretted it because he hadn't a clue what he was going to say.
 
"Yes, my love?" November replied, looking up. He seemed troubled as well, although it could have just been exhaustion. He picked up immediately on how troubled August was and walked over, wrapping his arms around his waist. "What's the matter?" He asked in a soft voice.
 
"I. . . I don't know. . . ." August mumbled weakly. He leaned into his lover's touch and closed his eyes. "I guess. . . It's been a lot to take in. And we're moving in all of a sudden. . . I don't know how to cope. You know how I am with change."
 
"Yes, I know." November kissed his temple. "I also know how you are when you're safe and in my arms. Everything will be alright, August. We'll go somewhere new. Don't worry yourself. It'll be safe."
 
August sighed again, this time in an attempt to relax himself. "You don't know that. They could already be on their way here. Besides, what about you? Are you going to start getting like December. You told me there was a time when he was actually nice. . . will you become ill-tempered and bitter?"
 
"Oh hush, you know I could never become like him as long as I have you with me," November said with adoration in his blood red eyes. "Whatever happens, I will always love you. As for the other symptoms. . ." He trailed off and looked away, seeming to contemplate it, although altogether he was hesitant. "I'm sure I can manage. I've lasted this long without anything horrible happening to me. I have different methods that were used on me, most likely. Even if it takes the same effects, it'll probably take hem much, much slower. By that time, we'll have a cure."
 
"So optimistic," August grumbled, "Blind optimism isn't always healthy. There's a difference between hoping for the best and blindly believing the best will happen no matter what."
 
"I have to put your worries to rest somehow," November whispered, grabbing his chin gently and pulling him into a tender kiss. "Now go. I'm sure the others will need help. I can pack up the rest of our belongings, alright?"
 
August groaned faintly, "I wanted to spend this time with you," He admitted. "Come on, we've been apart long enough. I just want a bit of time with you, alone, without all that pesky sleeping."
 
"I'm sorry, but that will just have to wait," November told him with a sad smile. "I promise you, we'll make up for the lost time."
 
With a grimace, August nodded, "Fine. But you seriously owe me." Another quick kiss and he hurried away, going to help the others.
 
November stared after him, his expression rowing dark and serious. December came and leaned in the doorway. "You knew you had to tell him long before now. Why didn't you?" He asked.
 
November shrugged, turning back to packing. "Hope. Maybe I could have kept it from him long enough to find a cure. Or prove that my problem wasn't the same as yours. " He sighed and closed his eyes, "I'm not the only one who keeps secrets, Damien. Are you ever going to tell them all the truth, about you?"
 
"It's not important," December replied, "The past is the past. I want to focus on the future. That's as close to optimistic as I will get."
 
"Hmm. . ." November chuckled faintly. "Whatever, you know I'll have your back as long as you remain in control of yourself. Even should they find out, I will always be on your side."
 
"Loyalty is just as deadly as betrayal," December told him, before he left. November shook his head. He knew where December was coming from with that phrase, but he didn't want to believe it. He would always be loyal to the people that he cared about.
Copyright © 2014 BlackInkRain; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..