Jump to content
    BlackInkRain
  • Author
  • 1,036 Words
  • 845 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rebellion of December - 1. February

Lightning struck and lit up the night sky, flashing light into the dark room.August stood near the door, staring, waiting. He sighed deeply as he looked at the silver pocket watch in his hand, gritting his teeth when he saw how late it was getting. All this time, and still, nothing. August took a deep, calming breath and started to pace in the room, the only source of light being a flickering fire on the opposite side, and occasional flashes of lightning which were followed by rumbling thunder. He'd been waiting there for hours, and still November wasn't there. He was late, far too late. He'd promised to be there by midnight. It was now past 3 A.M. He sighed again, closing his eyes and running his fingers through his dark hair. "Where are you, Nate?" He whispered.
 
"Right here, my love."
 
The voice made him jump. It was November's voice, but when August spun around, he was sorely disappointed, and even furious. "March, damn it! I told you to stop that!" He growled angrily. The young man had such a great skill for mimicry which allowed him to use almost any of their voices, even the girls of the group.
 
March laughed, his light green eyes sparkling with dark mischief. "I simply couldn't resist. You're pining over him. He'll be here. Stop worrying so much." He walked over, growing serious as he put a hand on August's shoulder. "Look, you really need to get some sleep. I'm sure he just got caught up somewhere and will be here in the morning."
 
"Yeah, right," August scoffed, shrugging his hand off. "He was supposed to be here more than three hours ago. He should have at least sent word, unless he's in trouble." The worry started back up again, until suddenly the door flew open, a gust of wind throwing it against the wall. There stood the form of a large, rugged man, who stumbled into the room and collapsed into August's arms.
 
"November!" He cried, hugging his lover close. "Shit, you're freezing. Come on by the fire, let's get you warmed up..." He started to lead November over, but the other man resisted.
 
"Augustus..." He whispered, gripping his shirt tightly. "Where is he?"
 
"Who?" March asked curiously.
 
"Get out!" August hissed. The brunette rolled his eyes and scampered out of the room, muttering something about 'no fun' before slamming his bedroom door. August shut the door and went to the fire, making November sit down in a chair. "Hey, take it easy..." He murmured.
 
"Where is he?!" November repeated, more urgent. But he was strained. There was pain laced in his voice and it made August start to really worry all over again.
 
"Where's who?" August grew increasingly concerned, and then he realized in the light of the fire that there was blood. "Fuck! You're hurt!" He leaped up, rushing for the first aid kit.
 
"Forget that! I sent him here. His name is Felix. He's supposed to be here." November insisted, even as August made him take off his shirt and started to clean the deep cut in his side.
 
August bit his lip, worried to cause November stress in his state, but he obviously wasn't going to rest until he had an answer. "No one has come here. There was no Felix..." He hesitated briefly, uncertain if he should ask. "Was he the one you went out for?"
 
November winced in pain as August pressed a bandage over his wound. "Y-yeah...He's the one. The new February. I thought he could make it...if I just held them back..." He started to sound distraught.
 
"Hey, shush..." August pulled his chin up and kissed him tenderly. "I'll send September. He'll scout the area and find this guy. You need to focus on getting better. You're lucky that injury wasn't worse. You've lost a lot of blood as it is."
 
The man sighed, closing his eyes. "I had him, Augustus. I promised him that he would be safe here. That we could protect him. And now I've let him down. . ." He looked into August's green-blue eyes with his own, eerily red ones. Usually his eyes put people off, but August found that there was too much love and adoration in them to be afraid. "What will Damien say?" He asked in nearly a whisper.
 
"I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter." August cupped his cheek, affectionate and worried. "I'll take you to bed, then I'll send September out to find him, okay?" He repeated. "Don't worry yourself. It won't help anyone."
 
"Okay. . . ." November must have been incredibly tired and in a lot of pain to submit so easily. He was usually so stubborn and dedicated to the cause. He let August help him to his feet and they traveled down the hall to their shared bedroom. He paused on the way and knocked on September's door. He explained briefly and the other man nodded, quickly leaving to search for the boy that November described to him.
 
August helped November into bed and crawled up beside him, stroking his hair. "Everything is going to be alright," he murmured reassuringly, "You don't have to worry."
 
"You just want to comfort me. You aren't saying the truth, or what you think." November mumbled accusingly, although he was too exhausted to push his point. "Please August. . . no lies. Just. . . hold me."
 
August let out a slow breath and nodded weakly. He wrapped his arms carefully around his lover and held him close. "Get some sleep, my love. We will sort this out once we've both had some rest." That was something he could say with certainty and honesty.
 
November was very hesitant, but he obeyed. He fell asleep in a matter of minute, and August was soon to follow.
 
Outside the storm raged on, pouring rain and rumbling with thunder. September searched for the boy relentlessly, knowing he couldn't let November down. He could only hope that this Felix kid was still alive. . . .
Copyright © 2014 BlackInkRain; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mysterious already, I like it! I wonder when December will come into play, and who he'll be rebelling against! Damien seems like the most likely candidate, unless that's just the name of another month (like Nate being November and Felix being about to become a month). Oh well, I'll have to wait to see, I guess :D

Awesome job on your first story! :)

Link to comment
On 11/02/2014 07:21 AM, faxity said:
Mysterious already, I like it! I wonder when December will come into play, and who he'll be rebelling against! Damien seems like the most likely candidate, unless that's just the name of another month (like Nate being November and Felix being about to become a month). Oh well, I'll have to wait to see, I guess :D

Awesome job on your first story! :)

To clear that up, Damien IS December :P A little hint for recognizing the months by their other names is they'll start with the same letter ;)

Thanks for the feedback!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..