Jump to content
    Bleu
  • Author
  • 166 Words
  • 692 Views
  • 8 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The winding path - 1. Anticipation

I guess I could have entitled it "Great expectations" :)

Anticipation

A date for the present - A present for my date

 

Hours, minutes, seconds, slowly are ticking by,
Yet, too many remain until I see your smile,
Until we truly meet, my blue-eyed Gemini.

Over the past few days I've been so distracted,
Forgetting where and when I am supposed to be,
Looking in the mirror, and seeing but a grin
Or an impatient sigh where sadness used to be.

Today, you will take me to a place of history
We will walk the gardens, take some rest on a bench
And remember ancient stories of secret love.

And after our dinner, when time calls for good-byes,
I will slip in your hand this small piece of paper
Silent words expressing my thousand wishes.

A wish to lose myself in the blue of your skies,
To melt with you into the high heavens above,
To strive together for a future paradise.
In other words a wish that... really, this is Love.

I wrote this on the day I met this guy for the first time in August 2010. I printed the poem and gave it to him after our first dinner together, as we parted ways.
The discussion thread is at http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/29159-anticipation/
©Copyright 2010-2011 Bleu - All Rights Reserved
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ohh... A true story behind this... What happened next?

 

I like how much boldness you have to do such a thing.

 

About the poem, the anticipation and the exitement was really there. It felt real. Thank you for sharing!

Link to comment
A wish to lose myself in the blue of your skies

 

**sighs**

 

So beautiful. :) what did he have to say???

Link to comment
On 04/03/2011 08:45 PM, Frostina said:
A wish to lose myself in the blue of your skies

 

**sighs**

 

So beautiful. :) what did he have to say???

He has mesmerizing blue eyes :) Well, I only gave him a paper with the address where the poem was posted. I didn't want him to have to read it right there and then.I think he liked it. :)
Link to comment
On 04/03/2011 08:41 PM, Marzipan said:
Ohh... A true story behind this... What happened next?

 

I like how much boldness you have to do such a thing.

 

About the poem, the anticipation and the exitement was really there. It felt real. Thank you for sharing!

Yes, true story. Hehe, boldness indeed. Maybe that was overkill for a first date, even though we had been chatting quite a bit prior to the date. Anyway, we dated for some time. In the end it didn't work out, but I don't regret the poem.
Link to comment

I already read this the first time you posted it on the Poetry Discussion forum, but since I want to show my support, I decided to leave a review. I think this poem is really sweet thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 04/04/2011 01:11 AM, jian_sierra said:
I already read this the first time you posted it on the Poetry Discussion forum, but since I want to show my support, I decided to leave a review. I think this poem is really sweet thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Thank you John :) Coming from the King of Sweet himself, it is really appreciated.
Link to comment

The eagerness and hope for love. The possibility of a new beginning. The wonder of the company of another. It is all so real it those first ticks of the clock.

 

I like this, this first bloom of attraction. And I like that it leaves us to decide the fate of love's first joy.

Link to comment
On 04/04/2011 04:46 PM, Foster said:
The eagerness and hope for love. The possibility of a new beginning. The wonder of the company of another. It is all so real it those first ticks of the clock.

 

I like this, this first bloom of attraction. And I like that it leaves us to decide the fate of love's first joy.

Thanks. :) I wrote the poem in the heat of the moment, while I was feeling this anticipation. There was also a battle within between the wish to believe in love and the rational thought telling me I was getting way ahead of myself.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..