Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 2,715 Words
  • 1,298 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to CCP Games <br>

The Life of a Capsuleer: An EVE Online Story - 3. Dodixie Blues

This is EVE Online. Discussion of violence, death, and other sensitive topics is a standard in the in-game universe. Half the time, NPCs are trying to kill you, while the other Half is spent with other players who are trying to kill you.

Dodixie is a Major Trade Hub in Gallente Federation Space. If you haven't noticed, I love my Gallente Toon.

Dodixie Blues

 

He sat at the jump gate, in the short jump cloak gathering his bearings. Marcus reached out with the shuttle's sensors and detected only the Concord Patrol craft in the area. Deciding that it was clear, he aligned with his target station and engaged the warp drive.

“Warp drive active,” Aura intoned in his mind like she always did when entering warp drive.

The shuttle leaped into the warp tunnel, and flew across the solar system, to the Federation Naval Assembly Plant station which orbited the 20th moon, around the 9th planet. The gas giant and its moon filled up Marcus’ vision as he approached the station. Like all of the Gallente designs, the station had an ergonomic and flowing organic design. The trademarked Gallente Steel Green being it’s predominant coloration. Marcus came out of warp just under 2000 m from the station.

“Docking permission requested,” Aura intoned, and sent the automated request into the station.

“Thanks, Aura,” Marcus said with a smile and waited for traffic control C.I.C. to respond.

“Docking request accepted,” Aura said a few seconds later.

“Gallente shuttle, hull VTec-B16A, you are cleared for public hanger docking. Clone techs are on duty for extraction. Welcome to Dodixie, Marcus. Good to see you back,” was the audio reply from C.I.C. traffic control center.

“Thanks, Sally. Just need the fuel tank topped off, while I conduct business in the markets. Any news, not on The Scope?” Marcus asked. The Scope was New Eden’s Galactic news channel. Completely impartial, and shown in all four empires, it was the trusted name in galactic news. Even though, it was primarily a Gallente Corporation.

“Nothing that is already known, your Drifter incursion made the comm-channels.”

“Any word on how they ended up in the Balle system, anyway?”

“Scuttlebutt around the water-cooler is a jump bridge or an artificial wormhole. Either option is unfounded. We’re pulling you in now Marcus.”

He felt the station’s tractor beams, latch onto the skin of the shuttle, and started to tow the small ship into the docking bay of the station. Artificial gravity was turned off in most of the hangar bay, so ships floated in place, locked down with the towing beams. The hatch and locking collar around his pod detached, and Marcus felt like he lost a limb for a moment, as he no longer felt the shuttle. It didn’t take long for the Navy Techs to crack open his pod and drain the fluid around him. Marcus coughed up the oxygenated liquid and took in a lung full of the station’s recycled purified air. The process of switching from liquid to gas, momentarily distracted him, while the techs uncoupled the physical wires between him and his capsule.

“Welcome, to Dodixie station, Captain. Here’s a towel, robe, and some slippers for you. The locker room is right up ahead, to the right, and the customs office is right next door. If you need anything, just let us know,” the Tech Officer said, with a grin. He was new, Marcus was pretty sure of that.

“Thank you. Can you make sure the fuel is topped off, and check the starboard-aft thruster nozzles. They seem to be a bit off, if you will, please,” Marcus responded. He took the towel, and dried his nakedness off, and put on the robe and slippers on. He grabbed his flight bag out of the small storage area and headed to the lockers after signing the work order, and docking papers. Marcus had a good relationship with the Federation Navy, after years of working with them and training with the Federation Naval Academy. He didn’t pay for docking fees, anymore, and could get minor maintenance done for a fraction of the coast. If he blew the right deckhand, he could get it for free, which he has had done before.

Individual stalls for showers were along one wall, and toilet stalls on the other. A row of sinks lined the center between the two wet walls, and the lockers themselves made up the back wall of the co-ed facility. He took the towel, and robe and tossed them into the recycle bin. After a quick shower, and shave, Marcus turned and checked in with Customs.

~.~

The markets of Dodixie were run by the Corporations and sanctioned by the Federation Navy who got their cut in the form of taxes, and brokerage fees. Many Corporations did nothing but buying and selling ships, parts, upgraded systems, weapon systems, and made huge profits off of it. Independent sellers could make a profit in the short term, but for long-term dealing, the corporations held power. Marcus’ corporation was in this mix. As Miners and Salvagers, they supplied the raw material needed for others to build the vital parts for New Eden.

He walked the stalls of the junk dealers, and the Indies looking for deals, stopping long enough to check out a new Capacitor Recharger, that was priced to steal. “Where did you find this Tech2 Cap Charger?” He asked.

“Oh, you know. I was out flying through a belt and found a wreck that was sitting by its lonesome. Was in the cargo hold,” the young Minmatar woman said. “10% off the list price if you buy it now.”

Marcus had his suspicions that the goods were stolen, but he wasn’t about to pass over a good deal. “Done. Have it sent to the cargo holding area of Delta Five, please.” The pair made the transaction, and he transferred the ISK over to her account, while an electronic receipt of the transaction was delivered to his neural net from the Station’s Brokerage. He walked on, secure in the knowledge his purchase would arrive safely. The Federation Navy didn’t fuck around with station security. You were spaced out an airlock after your cloning privileges were revoked if you were a Capsuleer. The key to anything shady was “don’t get caught.”

After pursuing the Indies, he moved over to the showrooms of the Corporations and looked through their electronic showcase of goods. It wasn’t the same as buying from an Independent, but you were assured that the quality of the product was up to standards. Marcus eventually finished his shopping trip and arranged freight hauling of the parts to his Home-station.

~.~

Dodixie Blues was the name of the Capsuleer lounge on the station. Marcus stood just inside and to the side of the doorway and scanned the room. He was to meet someone here, and he hoped they weren’t going to be a “no-show,” again. Not seeing his contact, Marcus walked to the bar and ordered a Quafe Zero. Sipping on the second most popular soft drink in the universe, Marcus turned to leave the bar.

“So, you’re just going to leave, without saying hi?” The man’s voice asked as he walked up behind Marcus.

“I thought you were a no-show, again Evan,” Marcus said, as he pivoted to see the man. “You have a place where we can talk in private?”

“I do, and I can get you past security to get there,” was Evan’s reply.

Marcus looked the man up and down. Evan was a fellow Capsuleer that he’s known for most of his life. They came from the same homeworld and attended the same academy, but where they differed was Evan joined the Federation Navy, where Marcus went privateer. It had turned into a sore subject that was between them. Marcus noted that Evan had resculpting done on his clone. His body was a bit more defined; facial features were different than when they grew up, and his brown eyes were replaced with icy blues. He felt a pang of regret that he stifled, before he said, “Good. Let’s get out of here then.”

The pair left the bar and made their way through the station to the Naval Facilities. Evan used his security credentials to go past the Federation Marine checkpoint and took Marcus to his room in the station’s officer area. Evan’s apartment was nicely furnished, with several Couster artifacts on the shelves. The main-viewer was on The Scope, muted, and a side screen had a list of Planetary Exploration reports. A couch, desk, kitchenette, and a large bed in front of a viewport rounded out the room, with two doors to a closet, and refresher room. “Nice quarters, you have Evan. How did you score this?”

“I’m a Vice Commander in the Federation Militia. After fighting for my empire, they gave me some special perks.” He motioned for Marcus to sit on the couch, and they both took their seats. Evan looked deep into Marcus’ eyes; the undisguised longing was there.

“I find that highly doubtful. I know some of the Militia, and they are just scraping by on what they get from running missions, and salvage. Vice Commander or not, you shouldn’t have been able to get me past security with no questions asked. So cut the bullshit with me, Evan. I think we're both smart enough to know, that there is more at play here.” Marcus demanded. He sat staring at Evan, as memories of their shared past floated in his mind. Of the two being lovers, and friends back at the Academy. Of shared need to be with someone that knew of the life they had lived on Couster.

“You’re right. There is more,” Evan admitted. He stood up, and moved to the kitchenette, and poured two drinks. He brought them over for him and Marcus and passed one glass to his friend. “What I am about to say, could fuck us up. As in, people will permanently kill us. We’ll be spaced out an airlock without a download into a new clone, serious. You can walk out now, with no issues.” He paused to see what Marcus would do.

Having just heard that, Marcus was of a mindset to walk out the door, but he didn’t move. He looked over at Evan, “What have you gotten yourself into?”

“I… joined the Federation’s Black Eagles… and have been doing jobs for them, for the past three years.”

“…,” Marcus was stunned into silence, and just stared at Evan. Several emotions played out on his face. Anger was the most dominant one.

“Say something, Marcus… please…”

Marcus stood up, walked over to the viewport, and stood looking out into space. He noted two things. One, Evan’s bed was a mess, and two, the view of the Gas Giant was spectacular. Better than the one he had back in his Corp Quarters. ‘What the hell am I doing? I’m thinking about who’s been in Evan’s bed, and how gorgeous the view is after that son of a bitch just dropped that bombshell on me.’ Marcus sighed heavily, and without turning around replied, “You joined, a secret paramilitary group, sanctioned by the Federation, and you willing admit you are a member. You’ve been working for three years with them, and we’ve done jobs together, which means, I’ve done work for the Black Eagles. God damn it, Evan… You know how I feel about working with the Military? I’ll do any non-combat job they want to pay me for. I can’t lose my standing with the other empires. It’s the only way I can pass through their territories.”

“I know Marcus… which is why I have to tell you, we were infiltrated, and some of our covert ops records are now loose. Your name, maybe in those records, that were stolen.”

Marcus turned and stared down Evan. “You son of a bitch…”

“Marcus, please… don’t be mad.” Evan took a few steps towards him, and stop short of physical contact. If looks could kill, Evan would have been dead, a thousand times over.

“Don’t. Be. Mad? You’re seriously telling me not to be mad, that the potential for my life to be fucked… I CAN’T, NOT BE MAD!” He yelled and clenched his fists. Marcus trembled with undisguised emotion, and plopped down on the bed, and sat hunched over. He unclenched his fists, and held his head in his hands, as he started to sob.

“I’m so sorry Marcus… I didn’t know you would react like this.”

Marcus looked up briefly and then back to the floor. “It’s not just you. It’s been building for a month now. Greg is making a move on the Corporation. He’s calling in the shares for dividends, and of fucking course, Scott doesn’t have the funds, yet again for a payout. Our stockholders are going to take the Corp. from us. I put five years of my life into that corp., five fucking years. I’ve killed, shot pirates and other privateers, capsuleers and non-capsuleers alike. Spent days, and weeks in my ship on patrol, escorting freighters from HiSec to NullSec, hundreds of thousands of jumps, for it to come crashing the fuck down. Then you tell me, that I unwittingly worked with the Black Eagles. Covert, black operations and you had files stolen which list me as a co-operative in the jobs we did. I’ll never be welcomed in Caldari or Amarr systems again, and the Minmatar will have me watched like a hawk. Not to mention, any new Corporation I apply to, will never hire me. What’s left?” His head dropped back down into his hands, as he was overcome with pent-up emotion.

Evan sat down next to his friend and pulled him into an embrace. Marcus resisted, and tensed up at first, but quickly relented.

“I put on this strong face, because I’m the Co-CEO of the Corp, and all I want is to be held,” Marcus muttered into Evan’s shoulder. He let out a long sigh and turned to face Evan. “I’m just going to go for broke… I love you.”

“Wait, what?” Evan asked confused.

“I love you. I’ve been in love with you since that time we went on a long distance recon in the Academy. Hiding it for five years now, cause I didn’t want to lose you or get heartbroken. Yes, we’ve had sex, a lot, and it’s meant more to me, than just fuck buddies or friends with benefits, whatever you want to call it. I was going to tell you this the last time, we were supposed to meet, but you were a no show.”

It was Evan’s turn to be stunned into silence. After a moment to collect his thoughts, Evan leaned in and passionately kissed Marcus full on the lips. The pair sat, holding and kissing each other. Marcus slipped his tongue into Evan’s mouth, and Evan returned the favor. Breaking, Evan, lightly bit Marcus’ bottom lip. “I love you, as well Marcus. I just never thought we could be together. I never wanted to lose you either.”

Neither was sure, who had made the first move, but soon both were naked and lay in Evan’s bed embraced in a dance of love.

~.~

Marcus lay curled up with his head on Evan’s hairy chest. He traced a scar line that ran across Evan’s chest, with his index finger, before he strayed from playing with one of his nipples. Evan chuckled and looked down into Marcus’ eyes.

“Another round already? We just finished a third time.” Evan playfully said.

“It’s all the years of wanting to make love to you, not just a wham, bam, thank you, man.” He leaned up and kissed even full on the lips.

Evan broke the kiss, and laid his head back down, looking at the ceiling of his quarters. “How do we want to handle this?”

Marcus was silent for a moment, as he thought about the situation. “Well, the Gallente are pretty open on same-sex marriage, and relationships. I’m thinking, if the Corp implodes, then I’ll move here to Dodixie, and get a Captain’s Room over in the Capsuleer facility. Best place for contract runs, and I can do some small time trading in commodities, and look for public fleet notices.”

“That’s one idea. Or, you can move in with me.”

“You’re not shitting me are you?”

“No, I’m not,” Even kissed him, before Marcus could respond. “I’m a much better person when you are with me.”

Marcus smiled as the couple kissed, and moved to make love, one more time.

 

o7 Fly Safe

Copyright © 2003-2022 CCP Games; All Rights Reserved; FanFiction story is ©copyright 2017 BHopper2; EVE Online and all other property is own by CCP. Used under Creative Commons, for no compensation.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to CCP Games <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Good Job! Is Marcus being played by Evan??

Thank you, jp. The answer to your question is Marcus being played... Yes and No.

1. Yes - Marcus has something that Evan wants and would kill for. For that, you'll see in a chapter or two. *Big Evil Grin*

2. No - Evan generally loves Marcus, and he is "a much better person when [Marcus] [is] with [Evan]." They have a history.

 

Now, in the Real Game, and not fictionalized, Marcus and Evan were played by me and a friend who got me into Eve. We played in a Role-Playing Player Corp, and started the characters together. So, we made up stories, within the guidelines that CCP allows (which they are very liberal with what Fans can Produce Fictionally), and my Marcus found something that his Evan was better suited for. LOL. Made for fun times.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

you are doing an amazing job A! i'm enjoying this story, even though i do not play this game! i snorted and laughed at the line: not just a wham, bam, thank you, man.”   looking forward the next chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mogwhy said:

you are doing an amazing job A! i'm enjoying this story, even though i do not play this game! i snorted and laughed at the line: not just a wham, bam, thank you, man.”   looking forward the next chapter.

Thank you, Moggie. Just a couple of more chapters.

Link to comment

If the Black Eagles are an intelligence agency, then I can see Marcus being used by Evan.  This is really getting deep and I'm enjoying every moment of it. 

 

Another great chapter BH. 

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

If the Black Eagles are an intelligence agency, then I can see Marcus being used by Evan.  This is really getting deep and I'm enjoying every moment of it. 

 

Another great chapter BH. 

Thanks! As I mentioned to jp, Evan wants something Marcus, doesn't realize he has. Two things really. If it came to light that he owned one item, about 90% of New Eden would want him dead, just to get it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..