Jump to content
    CameronLuttz
  • Author
  • 2,808 Words
  • 13,789 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Lakes Secret - 2. Chapter 2

Liam was having fun as he adjusted back into school he was making it there on time and getting use to his timetable and cheer practice. A lot of the team were happy with him, he caught them on queue and was able to do enough ticks to have his own part in the middle of the routine. Everything was starting to go well for him along with the fact that Jordan always shot him a smile when he walked by causing him to blush.

Liam Monday morning, the sun was shinning in through the window illuminating the whole room. He squinted his eyes regretting that he didn’t close the curtains the night before. He slid out of bed and looked over at his clock on his wall, he had woken up with time to spare this morning. He smiled happily as he headed for the bathroom but was interrupted by a knock at his door.

He turned quickly, he knew his parents wouldn’t be home but if they were it had to be and emergency or one of them was sick. He shuffled over to the door to open it. He opened it all the way on the other side of the door was his mother, her make up seemed to be smeared like she had been crying.
 
“Mum? What’s wrong?” He said with a concerned voice as he looked at her.
 
“Liam, your” She paused for a minute a tear running down her face. “Your grandmother died” She managed to get out before she burst into tears.
 
Liam just stood there shocked. He had been close to his grandmother for years now and she knew about him being gay before anyone else. He usually saw her every weekend or he would go there when he was sad she knew just how to comfort him. He just couldn’t believe she was gone, his family knew she was getting sick. She had gone into hospital a few weeks before the end of the holidays, Liam hoped she would have pulled through and got better, but he was prepared for the worst.
 
Liam stood there as tears started to roll from his eyes he walked forward and just wrapped his arms around his mum and buried his head in her neck as they both cried. It wasn’t long after that Liam’s dad came in the front door. Liam’s grandmother was his mums, mother but she was so kind and Liam’s dad was close with her like he was with his own mum.
 
Liam’s mum slowly pulled away from him and looked at him. She gave a slight smile as she walked away.
 
“Call Mel and tell her and then have a shower and get ready we have to go into town to take care of some paper work” His mum said before turning and going down stairs.
 
Liam stood in the doorway and heard his dad talking to him mum before she burst into tears again and started to cry. The cry’s sounded muffled so he knew she had buried her head in his dad’s chest. Liam wiped away his tears as he walked back into his room and closed the door. He walked over to his bedside table and grabbed his phone and unlocked it. He slowly scrolled through his contacts till he reached Mel’s and pressed call.
 
“Hey bub” She said with a happy tone.
 
“Mel, I don’t need picking up today” He paused and struggled to get out the words.
 
“What is it?” Mel said in a concerned voice.
 
“Grandma died” He managed to say before he burst into tears on the other end of the phone.
 
“Oh no” She said in caring voice. “I’m sorry to hear it. Do you want me to come around?”
 
“No its fine. Mum and Dad are here and we have to go into town to do some stuff and all” He said trying not to cry.
 
“I understand. Well I’ll come over after school and I’ll tell squad why you couldn’t make practice today”
 
“Thank you. Mel”
 
“Anything for you. You’re my bestie. Ill see you tonight”
 
“See you tonight”
 
Liam hung up and placed the phone on his desk, before he walked towards his bathroom. He slipped off his shirt and leaned in to turn on the shower, he paused just for a minute to look at him self in the bathroom mirror before he slipped out of his underwear and adjusted the water in the shower and stepped in.

Just down the street Mel walked out of the house and headed towards her car, she felt sorry for Liam. She knew how close he was to his grandmother and that it would have hit him hard. She sighed sadly as she got into her car and started it taking off down the street towards the school. She passed Liam’s house on the way and only looked for a minute wondering if she should stop or not but she knew he would just want some time right now.

She drove towards the school and soon she was pulling into the parking lot and toke her usual spot before she got out of the car grabbing her bags and heading towards the main door. As she walked in she caught Jordan’s eye as he looked at her with a bit of concern. She didn’t know why he was looking she just brushed it off and went to her locker.
 
Jordan watched Mel as she walked down the hallway. Liam was usually with her, where could he be he questioned him self as he looked around. Sam leaned over and whispered in his ear.
 
“Dude act cool. I know he’s not here but I’m sure he’s fine”
 
Sam knew how Jordan felt and could tell he was worried so he had to try keep Jordan calm so he didn’t draw attention.
 

Liam stepped out of the shower and quickly grabbed a towel to cover him self and another one try his top half as he walked into his bedroom. He walked to his dresser and looked through the draws grabbing a clean pair of boxer briefs and slipped them on before he opened the next door and pulled out a black pair of skinny jeans and put them on. He then dropped his towel and searched for a shirt to wear. He pulled out a light grey shirt and slipped it on before he walked to his cupboard and pulled out his leather jacket.

Liam throws his jacket on his bed as he sits down at his desk chair grabbing his shoes and socks from yesterday and slipping them on, before he got back up and grabbed his jacket and phone before heading for the door. He opened it and walked down stairs, he could hear his parents in their room upstairs, he walked into the lounge room and slumped onto the couch. He pulled out his phone to look at it and there was one message from Jack.
 
Mel told me what happened. I’m sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope your okay.
 
-J
 
Liam smiled it was nice that Jack cared, he always had he may have been a year younger then them both but he seemed to fit in with them and when he had turned up there on a regular basis last year he comforted him when Mel did.
 
It wasn’t long before his parents came down stairs and they all left the house going to the car. Liam opened the back door and slid into the back seat. He looked out the window and watched as his mum locked the front door. He slowly turned to look at his dad who had just gotten into the drivers side of the car.
 
“You okay buddy?” He said giving him a reassuring smile.
 
“Yeah, ill be okay” Liam just looked down not really wanting to talk.
 
“I know she meant a lot, but don’t worry you will be able to feel better eventually” He said reaching out and patting his knee before he turned back to start the car.
 
Liam’s mum sat down in the passenger seat in the front and held her handbag close. Liam knew his mum would probably have taken it worse then him, she had known his grandma since birth so it was more of a closer bond. Liam let out a sad sigh and turned to look out the window as his dad reversed out of the driveway and made their way into town.

It wasn’t long till his dad pulled up outside a funeral pallor and they all went in. Liam sat in the small sitting room while his parents sorted everything out for the funeral. Liam wasn’t looking forward to it, he wasn’t even happy sitting here in the building. Luckily his parents were able to get it all sorted in an hour and then they were off again.

This time they pulled up at the lawyers firm and went inside. They all sat in the waiting room while the family lawyer got everything ready. Once he was they were all called in so he could go over Liam’s grandmothers wishes of what she wanted to happen and what she had left and to whom. Liam’s mum was an only child so most of the stuff was left to her but Liam’s Grandma left him some money and a couple of items he liked from around her house.
 
After everything was sorted there they headed back home. As soon as they were in the door Liam walked off up to his room but was stopped by his mum at the bottom of the stairs.
 
“We arranged for your grandmas stuff to be dropped off tomorrow you can be here if you want to” She said with a smile.
 
“No, I’d rather be at school. Also Mel wants to drop around is that okay?” He said trying to stay strong.
 
“Of course sweet heart” She smiled and watched as Liam walked off to his room.

Mel walked into the gym heading for the girls locker rooms, she could hear the squad inside chatting and rambling on. She smiled as she pushed the door open and walked over to her locker.

“Guys, Liam wont be making practice today” Mel said turning to everyone.
 
“Whys that?” Hannah said as she pushed forward through the girls.
 
“Cause his grandmother died” Mel hissed back causing Hannah to shut her mouth.
 
All the girls asked Mel to pass on their regards to Liam and his family before they went out into the gym to set up for cheer practice. Mel stopped at one point thinking she saw Jordan standing in the locker room doorway, but shock it off thinking she was now fantasizing about him. Soon after practice finished Mel went back into the locker room to change and head for Liam’s.
 
She walked down the empty school hallways stopping when she saw Jordan with Stella one of the blonde dumbos of the cheer squad up against the wall a big smile on her face. Mel walked by shaking her heading causing Jordan to look at her. A concerned look came across his face knowing Mel got the complete wrong opinion.

Jordan turned back to the blond girl pulling at his varsity jacket.

“So what did you want to ask me?” She said with a wicked little grin.
 
“Oh right yes. Where’s the little guy from your cheer squad today?” He said smiling hoping she would answer.
 
“Oh I thought you were going to ask me out” A disgusted look came across her face and slid out from the wall.
 
“Well sorry, I’m not really interested in you” He said with a slight chuckle.
 
“Jordan Mathews you are an asshole. Oh and the little gay one, his grandma died or something” She said storming off.
 
Jordan tried to contain a growl but it slipped from his teeth, how dare she insult Liam like that especially at a time like this. She turned and looked at him hearing the growl, she looked at him confused before she stormed off. Jordan knew that Mel would have seen them both and would take it the wrong way and tell Liam. He would just have to let it be for now.

Across town Mel stopped in front of Liam’s house, she turned off the engine before she got out of the car. On the way over she grabbed flowers to show her sympathy. She slowly walked to the door and knocked lightly and was greeted by Mrs. Weathers.

“Hi Mrs. Weathers” She smiled as she leaned in and gave her a hug “I was so sorry to hear” She pulled away and gave her the flowers.
 
“Yeah it was hard on us but thank you” She smelt the flowers and smiled a bit. “And please you’re here so much call me violet or Mum” She said standing to the side.
 
“I keep forgetting” She smiles
 
“Its okay sweetheart. He’s in his room” She gestured up the stairs.
 
Mel smiled as she walked past waving to Mr. Weathers before she walked off up the stairs heading for Liam’s room. She had been here so much she knew where it was. She stopped at his door with a smirk on his face.
 
“Don’t care if you’re dressed or not I’m coming in” She smirked and opened the door walking in.
 
Liam sat on the bed with a slight smile on his face as he wiped away the tears. He looked over at Mel as she walked in and closed the door behind her. She walked over to the bed and sat down next to him.
 
“You always make me smile” He said looking up at her.
 
“You’ll be fine” She said pulling him into a hug. “The squad passes on their regards."
 
Liam smiled a little more
 
"But let me distract you. I have gossip”
 
“What Hannah be a bitch again?” He said with a slight giggle.
 
“No. I saw Jordan and Stella on my way out of school” She said with a wink.
 
“So where they kissing?” He raised an eyebrow.
 
“Well no they were close”
 
“Then they obviously weren’t hocking up just yet. You know how much of a slut Stella is” He said sounding a bit angry. “She could have just tried to come onto him”
 
“Yeah, yeah I know” Mel looked away. “Okay well gossips over lets go something fun”
 
The sun slowly set as both of them went online and looked at a few things Mel shopping for both of them using her credit card to buy them clothes, before Liam sat and painted Mel’s nails as they talked about a lot of different things. Liam’s mum came in and both gave them dinner. She smiled she was happy Liam had a friend at a time like this to help comfort him.

The sun had set long ago and outside in the shadows brown eyes stared up at the light coming from Liam’s bedroom. Laughter could be heard but he wanted to hear more. Jordan stepped from the shadows muddy and dirty and naked. The moon hitting his tan body, as he stepped closer he heard someone behind him.

“Jordan come on” Sam said as he walked forward exposing him self as well.
 
“I just want to know he’s okay”
 
“He will be fine now come on before we get in trouble”
 
Jordan watched as Sam knelt down and transformed into his caramel wolf before it took off. Jordon looked back and the window and smiled.
 
“Soon pup” before he knelt down burning into a dark brown wolf and darting off after Sam

As the night went on Mel pulled out her phone and looked at the time she hadn’t realised she had been here so long.

“Crap its almost 10” She said as she stood up. “Bub I best get home”
 
“I know, here ill walk you out”
 
She smiled as she walked with him down stairs heading to the front door she waved to Mr. and Mrs. Weathers as she left. Liam stood in the doorway and watched as she got in her car and drove off. He waved and waited till she knew he was gone and headed back up to his room. He closed his door and yawned as he cleared his bed before he slipped his pants off and jumped into bed.
 
 
2014 Cameron Luttz
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

another wonderful chapter , I can't wait to see where this goes

 

thanks for taking the time to write this story and sharing it with us

Bob

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..