Jump to content
    CameronLuttz
  • Author
  • 2,662 Words
  • 2,241 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Lakes Secret - 5. Chapter 5

Jordan turned his car into a road, which came off the main one. Trees lined each side of the road and every so often a house could be seen up through the trees hidden and nestled away in the forest. Jordan turned onto a gravel driveway as he drove up it at the end Liam could see a modern glass house mostly made of windows, which would go from floor to ceiling letting light into the house. Liam looked in amazement, the house was beautiful and looked like something he would want to live in. He wondered how Jordan’s dad could afford it when he was only a normal police officer.
 
“Wow is this your place?” Liam said as Jordan pulled the car up.
 
“Yeah” Jordan said with a chuckle. “Where else was I going to take you? Some random house?” He chuckled as he got out of the car.
 
Liam followed quickly getting out of the car, grabbing his bag and following after Jordan as he walked to the front door. Jordan smiled as he held the door for Liam as they walked in. Liam smiled back as he passed him and then turned his gaze to look around the house. It was very modern, it had a big lounge room which lead into the kitchen and then off to the side looked like a dinning room and possibly an office. Liam turned and looked at Jordan who was gesturing him to follow him up stairs.
 
Liam followed him looking out the huge windows out into the forest. It was probably one of the best views in the whole town. You could see the town in the distance but the way the house was positioned, all you could see is the forest and the mountains in the far distance just over the top of the trees. Liam followed Jordan into his room looking around, it was big and two of the walls were huge windows with curtains that ran the whole length, his bed was against one walk and behind it was a walk in wardrobe and bathroom.
 
“Take a seat I just want to change out of these clothes” Jordan said motioning to the bed as he placed his bag down.
 
“Oh okay sure” Liam placed his bag at the foot of Jordan’s bed and sat down.
 
Liam looked around Jordan’s room, he saw pictures of his family, but one stood out compared to the rest. Liam stood up and walked over picking up a photo of a women and a young boy that looked like Jordan. Liam figured it must be his mum but no one had ever seen Jordan’s mum, it was believed that she had left Jordan and his father a few years before they moved to Silver Lakes.
 
Liam turned as he heard Jordan walking out from his wardrobe in just a grey tank top, which was mostly, open at the sides showing the sides of his cheat and tight sweat pants. Jordan walked over to Liam seeing him holding the photo. He smiled as he stopped next to him and took the photo slowly out of Liam’s hand grazing his as he did.
 
“Is that your mum?” Liam asked as he watched Jordan stare at it.
 
“Yeah” He smiled and placed the photo down.
 
“What happened to her? I heard she left your dad” He said looking at Jordan with sympathetic eyes.
 
“No, no nothing like that she got terribly sick and died when I was about 10” He said walking over to his bag.
 
“Oh I’m sorry to hear that. I never knew”
 
“It’s fine” Jordan turned and smiled at him. “Why don’t we go get something to eat and you can help me with my assessment”
 
“Sure” Liam grabbed his bag and followed Jordan down stairs into the kitchen.
 
Liam sat on one of the stools at the kitchen counter and looked out the window into the backyard. There was a small fence that was high enough to keep people out but didn’t block the view of the forest, there was a small gate that lead to a path that lead off into the forest. In one corner of the yard was a small pool and what looked like a hot tub or spa attached to it. The house must have been expensive Liam thought as he turned back to look at Jordan who was placing a bag of chips and two cans of soda in front of Liam before coming around the bench and sitting next to him.
 
“So what part of your assessment are you stuck on?” Liam said as he pulled out his assessment, which was almost complete.
 
He and Jordan were in the same class for English but Jordan sat at the back with Sam and Travis all the time. He thought he hardly did his work and just failed most assessments and projects, but obviously not Liam thought. Jordan put his work in front of him before turning to look at Liam.
 
“Well I’ve got the first few bits with choosing a topic and writing it out and all. I just need someone to read over and then help me with laying it out in the proper format” He said with a slight smile.
 
“Sure that’s not that hard. I’ll read over your work and pick up any mistakes and then I’ll show you how you need to lay it out”
 
“Thanks Liam” Jordan patted Liam on the back before he opened his soda and watched as Liam read over his work and edited his mistakes.
 
Liam sat there reading over the 3 pages Jordan had written correcting his mistakes and telling him where he should change a few things around or add in a better description. He placed the work back in front of Jordan, pulling out his own work to show him how to lay it out when he gets around to that part.
 
“Thanks again” Jordan smiled and put the paper work to the side before he got up walking to the lounge room, Liam followed behind him.
 
“Any time” Liam said as he sat down next to Jordan on the couch.
 
Jordan smiled as he turned the TV on flicking through the channels to find a football game to watch. Liam wasn’t a big fan but he was happy to just be hanging with Jordan. Liam turned his head and looked out the window, the sun was now slowly starting to set behind the trees but his mum was fine with him getting home a bit later tonight.
 
As they sat there watching TV they both heard the front door open, Jordan had forgotten his dad would be coming home early from work. Jordan sat up as he turned to see his dad walking into the lounge room placing his bag down on near the stairs.
 
“Hey dad, this is Liam” Jordan said as he smiled at his dad.
 
“Hi, nice to meet you. I’m Rob. Jordan’s dad” He said holding his hand out to shake Liam’s.
 
“Nice to meet you Mr. Mathews” Liam said shaking his hand.
 
“Please call me Rob, Mr. Mathews makes me feel old” he chuckled.
 
Liam and Jordan laughed with him before he walked off into the kitchen. Jordan pulled out his phone and looked at the time.
 
“Best get you home before it gets too late” Jordan got up walking towards the kitchen.
 
Liam followed behind him collecting his work and putting it in his school bag before slinging it over his shoulder.
 
“I best get him home dad. I won’t be long” Jordan grabbed his keys and wallet as his dad turned to look at him.
 
“Sure thing, it was nice to meet you Liam”
 
“You to Mr..” Liam stopped himself “You to Rob” He said smiling as he waved and followed Jordan to the front door.
 
As they walked out side the chill of the winter wind hit Liam and he started to shiver. Jordan saw it and as they got into the car he reached into the back seat handing him his jumper.
 
“Here you can wear this till I get you home, my heating’s broken so the jumper should keep you warm”
 
“Thank you” Liam said trying to hide the redness in his cheeks as he blushed.
 
Jordan smiled as he started the car and reversed out of the driveway and onto the road, driving back into town and letting Liam lead the way to his house. By the time Jordan had pulled up in Liam’s driveway the sun had already set, Liam smiled as he handed back Jordan’s jumper.
 
“Thanks again for helping with my work”
 
“No problem, any time” Liam said smiling as he opened his door.
 
“Well, it was fun we should hang out more often”
 
“Of course” Liam said smiling as he closed the door and waved as he walked to the front door.
 
Jordan watched as Liam fumbled for his keys in his bag before he reversed out of the driveway and headed back home. Jordan was happy he got to spend time with Liam, it may not have been how he wanted but he was happy he was able to have some one on one time.

He slowly pulled up his driveway again, the gravel of the driveway crackling under his tires before he parked in his normal space. He got out of his car locking it as he walked up to the house going in and sitting down on the couch.

It wasn’t long before he heard his dad come down the stairs in just a plain t-shirt and sweat pants. He turned and looked and saw a look on his dads face like he had something to say to him.
 
“Jordan can you come to the kitchen” His dad said as he walked past him.
 
Jordan followed and sat down at a stool and watched as his dad started to cook dinner.
 
“He’s a human you know the rules” His dad had his back to him.
 
“It’s not like that he’s just a friend” Jordan said with a slight angry tone.
 
“I saw how you looked at him. That twinkle in your eye the way you had to stay close to him” His dad paused turning to look at Jordan. “He’s a human he can’t be your mate”
 
“Dad it…” Before he could speak his dad butted in.
 
“I know the look, it’s how I looked at your mother till you know, but I know you’ve been interested in men and women for a while.” His dad paused again. “You know the rules to turn or be with a human is punishment by death”
 
“I know the rules”
 
“Jordan, I know you know the rules but being with the same sex is well frowned upon in most packs. I’ll love you no matter what, but he’s a human and probably not even 18 yet”
 
“He will be soon”
 
“Jordan, you have to understand what I say next is for your own benefit” His dad moved around the counter and sat next to him “You can no longer see Liam, he’s a human and he can’t be your mate. I know you feel he is and most shifters spend their whole lives searching for their mates, but he’s human and if you hurt him or turn him you will be killed. So you no longer can see him”
 
Jordan sat up pulling away from his dad and turning to look at him with an angry look.
 
“I don’t care if I will be killed, I know he’s my mate and I can feel it. I will wait till he’s old enough, but no matter what you or the pack say I will still see him”
 
Jordan stormed off before his dad could say anything, a few seconds later he heard Jordan’s bedroom door slam shut. Rob felt bad for what he said, he knew he couldn’t tear apart a wolf and his mate once the wolf had discovered them. Deep down he just wanted to know if it was just a phase or if Jordan really knew Liam was his mate. Rob got off the stool and went back to making dinner, he knew he would have to apologize and make plans for the future if Liam and Jordan were going to be together.

Liam had just finished dinner and cleaned up after everyone, he was a bit excited because his parents had been asking him about his birthday and what he wanted. He had told them he just wanted money or even a car, he had his license but with Mel driving him to and from school and around most of the time his parents found no need for him to get a car, but with school finishing they knew he was trying to get into university, so they knew he would need a car.

He got to his bedroom and fell back onto his bed letting out a happy sigh, before he reached for his phone and saw a text from Mel.
 
Mel: How did it go?
 
Liam: Fine, we just sat and watched TV
 
Mel: Ohhh, anything else???
 
Liam: No
 
Liam: So are you planning something for my 18th?
 
Mel: Of course I am, I’ve already talked to your parents and they’re allowing me to kidnap you for your birthday night.
 
Liam: Who did you invite?
 
Mel: Just a few people, but it’s all a surprise so I’m sure you can wait one more week and find out on your birthday.
 
Mel: I have to go, I have a visitor ;)
 
Liam: Hahahaha oh okay, sure thing you whore: P
 
Liam smiled as he placed down his phone and went to go have a shower.
 

Jordan laid on his bed staring up at the ceiling as he bounced a tennis ball in his hands, he knew he shouldn’t have lost it at his dad but he knew Liam was his mate and there was no way anyone was keeping them away from each other. As he lay there he could hear his dad coming down the hallway, either his dad was bringing him dinner or heading to his room. As Jordan turned to look at the door he heard his father stop before he knocked lightly.

“Come in” He said in a slightly pissed tone.
 
“I brought you your dinner” His dad said pushing open the door.
 
“Thanks” Jordan sat up and moved to the end of his bed to grab the plate off food off his dad.
 
“Look, I just wanted to apologize. I don’t approve of your mate being a human, but I won’t stop you”
 
“Wait so you’re saying I can?” Jordan raised an eyebrow.
 
“Yes, but you do it at your own risk”
 
“Thanks dad, but he doesn’t know yet he’s just a friend”
 
“Well keep it that way for now, till you can maybe figure a way out to keep you both safe” His dad closed his door and left.
 
Jordan sat there and thought as he picked at his food, his dad was right if he was to tell Liam now and the pack found out a lot of problems could happen and both he and Liam wouldn’t be safe, he hadn’t even thought on how Liam would react. He would have to think it through and he was hoping he would be able to do it before Liam’s 18th, which was only a week away.
 
2014 Cameron Luttz
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have a feeling that everything will hit the fan on Liam's birthday. I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you for sharing your story vision with us. -Brian 

Link to comment

I saw the author warning posted on the summery page about how the first chapter was like Timber Pack, and as I love that story I decided to give this one a shot. I must say it has turned out better than expected. BUT... I must ask...

 

Where is the rest of it??? :blink: The last chapter was posted 4 YEARS ago...

Edited by VeldrinOlath
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..