Jump to content
    CameronLuttz
  • Author
  • 3,754 Words
  • 1,912 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Lakes Secret - 3. Chapter 3

Liam woke up the next morning, he had almost completely forgotten about his grandma dying but it soon came back when he sat up in bed and saw the necklace his grandma had bought him for his last birthday. He let out a sad sigh before he peeled back the covers and slowly slid out of bed and walked into the bathroom to get ready for school. He thought it was best not to linger on the death of his grandma and just move on with life.

Across down a black SUV with heavily tinted windows, slowly pulled into Brett’s driveway. The passenger side door and the drivers door opened and out stepped two darkly tanned men. The older one closed his door and walked around the front of the car heading towards the front door.

“Brett grab the bags and take them to my study” The man said smiling.
 
“Of course dad” Brett said with a smile as he went to the back door of the car.
 
Brett Harvin was tall and slim, his black hair slightly hung in his face covering his brown eyes and he had native American history in his family, causing his tanned skin.. He was on the track team at school the high school and always hung around Mel and Liam. He hadn’t seen them in a few weeks. His dad had taken him off on one of their bonding trips, as they called them. Little did people know his dad was taking him to secret meetings where he got trained in the art of Lycan hunting, it his family had been a part of it for years and all males were trained in it and on their 18th birthday they were went through a special ceremony, where he had to slay a Lycan to be welcomed into the group.
 
Brett’s dad had taken him for the last part of his training with the rest of the group and he had come back for his 18th birthday so he could slay one of the Lycan’s in town. The main reason his dad had moved here was to hunt and keep the Lycan population under control. His dad knew there was a pack in town, they hadn’t done anything bad but the organization wanted them dead but they didn’t know how the pack would react and so far the pack wasn’t a disturbance.
 
Brett grabbed two duffle bags off the backseat before he headed to the front door. He walked in smiling as he saw his mum and two sisters greeting his dad. He walked past giving his mum a quick hug before he went to his dads office and placed the bags on the floor next to his desk, before leaving the room to go talk to his family again and see what has been happening in the past few weeks.

Liam walked out his front door waving good-bye to his mum who had taken the week off to sort through her mother’s things. He closed the door and walked towards Mel’s car a slight smile on his face as he climbed into the passenger side.

“How are you feeling?” Mel said smiling at him.
 
“Yeah okay as ill ever be” He smiled “Mum is still sad but I’m sure shell be okay”
 
“Well that’s good” Mel smiles as she turns to look at the road before she drives off.
 
Liam leaned on his hand as he looked out the window staring at the houses on his street. He leaned up a bit when they passed Brett’s house seeing the familiar car parked in the driveway.
 
“I think Brett’s home” Liam said as he turned to look at Mel.
 
“What?” She said as she slowed down the car to look out the back window.
 
She looked and saw the SUV parked in the driveway. They both knew it was Mr. Harvin’s car they had seen it many times and were there when he bought it. The windows were tinted so dark no one could see in but the inside the car was all decked out with small TV’s in the back of the head rests and a dashboard touch screen system. Mr. Harvin was only able to afford it because he’s the best lawyer in town and everyone goes to him.
 
“He must have gotten back this morning other wise I know he would have messaged us” Mel said as she started to drive off again.
 
“Ill send him a text and see” Liam pulled out his phone and sent a text asking Brett if he was home yet.
 
It wasn’t long before he got a text back, saying he had only got in not long ago and wont be at school today and would talk to them later. Mel just shrugged it off as she pulled into the car park at school and took her usual parking spot, Liam thought she should just put her name on it cause it seemed like everyone left it just for her. They both got out of the car and grabbed their bags before they walked to the main entrance. They stopped outside to talk to a couple of Mel’s friends off the cheer squads who showed Liam their sympathy.
 
Liam sighed as Mel and the girls bragged on for a bit, they had gotten to school earlier today so they had a bit more time to socialize. Liam leaned against the wall listening to the conversation while he watched people walk past or pull up in the car park. He looked around and watched as a silver Jeep pulled up near one of the parking spots close to the entrance. He stopped listening to the conversation as he watched Jordan step out of the car and turn and look at Liam and smile before looking across at Sam and Travis walked over from their cars that were parked across from him.
 
Liam soon snapped out of whatever trance he was in and looked back at Mel who had punched him roughly on the arm.
 
“Stop daydreaming and come on” She said smiling as she followed the other girls dragging Liam behind her.
 
“Where are we going?” He said confused.
 
“The gym. I forgot Hannah arranged a cheer squad meeting”
 
“You could have told me” He said as he caught up to her walking at a fast pace.
 
“The other girls only just told me. It’s not my fault” She said as they walked into the gym.
 
Liam followed Mel and sat down with her and a few of her friends as they all chatted waiting for Hannah to start this meeting, luckily with being on the cheer squad Liam was able to be out of class and he was happy to be missing science. He just found it boring and a waist of his time. Hannah eventually walked in with her small group, she put her things down and stood in front of everyone.
 
“Thank you all for coming” She said in her stuck up tone. “As you know the football team will be going off to their first match soon so we all have to get prepared and seeing as some of you aren’t 18 yet I need you to get your parents to sign some forms”
 
Hannah went on for about 20 more minutes going over the changed training schedule and routine and what match’s were out of school and when so everyone could be prepared. Liam sighed quietly as she went on and soon enough she had rambled on for a whole period. The bell rang and cut her short as everyone got up. Liam followed Mel as they left and grabbed a permission form before he left the gym with Mel. He sighed as he read over the form realizing he would have to be on a different bus to the girls on the way there and back, he hated how strict his bus was.

Liam hugged Mel before he walked off to his locker to put his bags in it and grab his things for his next lesson. He pushed past and squeezed between people as he headed towards his locker. He sighed happily seeing only a few people around his locker area, he liked it when it was quite and easy to get to. He slowly put in his code humming to him self, but he soon felt a presence watching him. He slowly turned around and looked to see Cameron with an evil smirk on his face walking towards him. Liam turned back and looked at his locker going to open it, but Cameron pushed it closed and leaned on the locker next to him.

“Look who I found. It’s the little gay boy” He smirked wickedly.
 
“What do you want Cameron?” Liam said angrily at him shooting him a glare.
 
“I don’t have to have a reason” He said angrily “You know I can beat you up so really I can do what I want” He said taking a step closer.
 
Liam gulped and looked at him Cameron seemed to have a really evil smirk on his face.
 
“No ones around and I need another favor and if you don’t do it your dead” Cameron grabbed his crotch.
 
Cameron seemed to think he owned Liam and would occasionally come asking for favors but usually he was able to get away but this time no one was around and he knew if he tried to run Cameron would grab him. It people were around Cameron would just shove Liam to the ground before leaving, but lately he seemed to be more horny then mean.
 
“No I wont” Liam said in a strong tone.
 
“You don’t have a choice Fag” He said as he reached for Liam.
 
Liam panicked and saw his locker was open and pushed it open fast and hard straight into Cameron’s face and he could clearly hear the sound of his nose breaking. Liam then realized what he had done and looked at a very angry Cameron holding his bleeding nose. Liam gulped before he turned and ran down the hallway taking sharp turns and watching where he was going, luckily the hallways were empty but he could hear Cameron charging right behind him and he knew if he got caught he would surly be dead.
 
Liam turned down a hallway heading towards the gym he had to try confuse Cameron or at least run into someone he hoped people would be in the gym. He turned a corner and looked behind him seeing Cameron not far behind and quickly turned back, looking in front of him and ran straight into Jordan yet again. Liam fell backwards hitting the floor hard his head taking a good hit as well. He could see Jordan and Sam kneeling above him his vision slightly dizzy, but then he saw a bloody hand coming at him before he blacked out.
 
Jordan carefully lifted Liam up and saw he had hit his head and blood was slowly coming out, but before he could pick Liam up he saw Cameron reach to grab him. Sam reached out grabbing Cameron’s hand stopping him.
 
“What the fuck do you think your doing?” Sam said standing up pushing Cameron back.
 
“The little faggot broke my nose”
 
A small growl could be heard from Jordan as he placed Liam’s head down carefully and got up.
 
“Well you deserve it for bullying him you prick” Jordan said angrily stepping close to Cameron.
 
“Yeah and he fucking deserves to die”
 
As soon as Cameron said that Jordan grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pinned him to a wall.
 
“Come near him again and you’re dead” Jordan let go of him and watched as he stormed off.
 
Sam had gone to take care of Liam who was unconscious from hitting his head. Jordan kneeled down beside him and picked him up carefully and began to walk towards the nurse’s office.
 
“Can you grab his bags?” Jordan said turning his head to Sam.
 
“Sure, ill meet you at the nurses office”
 
Jordan managed to get the door open and walked in with Liam in his arms and placed him on the bed. The nurse looked him over before she ran and got her medical tools.
 
“Its not to bad but how did this happen?” She questioned.
 
“He was running away from someone and ran right into me and fell backwards and hit his head when he fell”
 
“Oh well, he should be fine I’m not surprised he blacked out, but he should be fine in an hour or two” She smiled “Now you best get back to class”
 
Just as Jordan went to leave Sam came in and placed down Liam’s bags before he walked off following Jordan. Jordan walked off and looked back every so often worried about Liam and his safety.
 
“Dude, he’ll be okay” Sam said trying to reassure him.
 
“I know he will. I just worry”
 
“Yeah I know. He’s your mate and you care, just give it time and then he will know and you’ll be able to stay with him”
 
“Yeah I know I’m just more worried, cause you know its banned for us to be with humans” Jordan said sadly.
 
“I know but we will find a way” Sam patted him on the back as they walked back towards the gym.

Brett walked into his dad’s office and closed and locked the door behind him before he walked over to his dad and leaned on the desk. His dad looked up from his paper work and smiled as he got up from his seat and walked over to the curtains pulling them shut. Brett turned on the desk lap and looked at his dad.

“Are you ready?” He asked in a stern voice.
 
“Ready as I’ll ever be”
 
His dad nodded and removed the rug, which lay, in front of his desk to reveal a small handle and the clear outline of a small trap door. He knelt down and pulled it open, revealing a small ladder that lead into a dark room. His dad had built this when they moved into the house. Brett’s mum knew about him and what he did and supported it, her father was a hunter as well. Brett watched as his dad climbed down and he soon followed. The room was dark till he heard his dad flick a switch and the whole room lit up. The room was plain a small table and chairs in the middle of the room and on the walls were maps and pictures and there was a small filing cabinet and a few chest Brett knew were filled with weapons.
 
Brett looked around taking it all in, it wasn’t big but it amazed him. He had known it was here since they first moved in but his dad wouldn’t let him down here and this was the first time he had ever been down here. His dad gestured to one of the chairs as he went to the filing cabinet bringing over a folder labeled ‘Silver Lakes’.
 
“These are all the Lycan’s in Silver Lakes but there could be more”
 
Brett looked at the folder before he opened it slowly. He had learnt a lot about Lycan’s or shape shifters over the years, he knew they were almost like real wolves and had and alpha and kept in their pack. He knew that they all had their first transformation around puberty and that a human could be turned. He looked over the folder and his eyes widened as he looked at some of the people knowing who they were. He stopped when he saw Jordan, Sam and Travis.
 
“I go to school with some of these people” He said looking at his dad.
 
“And that’s why I want you to have this” His dad pulled out a small box and handed it to him.
 
Brett opened it and looked in side was a pure silver necklace with the logo of the organization on it.
 
“If they ever attack press that against them. You know that silver burns them”
 
“Thank you dad” Brett said as he took it out of the box and put it on.
 
“Now study up I’m going to get some work done” His dad patted him on the back before he climbed up the ladder.
 
Brett smiled as he got back to reading over the folder, he knew his dad wanted him to chose one of them to take out. None of the pack knew that hunters lived in the town and that they were slowly planning to take them out one by one.

Liam slowly opened his eyes staring up at the white ceiling before he sat up carefully. The nurse walked over with a glass of water and what looked like a pill in her other hand.

“Take it easy. You hit your head and the skin split a bit, but luckily it doesn’t need stitch’s but you mostly past out from the hard hit” She said handing him the water and pill.
 
He reached up touching his head and slightly wincing at the pain before he took the glass and pill off the nurse. He took the pill and sat back against the wall.
 
“You will be okay to continue with the day but I’ll give you a note which excuses you from physical activity. But take a pain killer before bed and you should be fine tomorrow” She said smiling. “Rest here its almost next period and then you can go”
 
Liam smiled and watched at the nurse grabbed the note from her desk and handed it to him.
 
“Can I ask? Who brought me here?”
 
“Oh I think it Jordan off the football team” She said smiling.
 
Liam didn’t remember much all he could manage was to remember running from Cameron and then bumping straight into Jordan with a thump. He blushed a little as he thought about Jordan caring him here. Soon the bell rang for then next period he got up and grabbed his bags making his way to his next class.
 
The rest of the day went normal and he met up with Mel at lunch, she looked at his head and worried over him but as soon as he told her about Jordan, she smirked and punched him in the arm winking at him. She rolled his eyes at her and just went on with lunch. Eventually it was the end of the day and Liam went and changed for cheer practice before he met up with the squad out on the field. He told Hannah he couldn’t do too much but he would try his best, she just waved it off and started to stretch. Liam walked over to Mel and started to stretch with her.
 
Cheer practice soon finished and Liam was glad he could finally head home. He went to the locker room to change quickly before he headed out and met Mel at her cat before she drove him home. Liam’s mum looked over him in a panic and questioned him on the cut and what happened as soon as she saw it, he told her and she seemed a bit more relaxed after. Liam looked around the house and noticed a few of his grandmothers things were now around the house, he knew his mum would probably do this and if it made her happy it made him happy.

A couple of hours went by and Liam completed his homework, he let out a sigh as he stretched and looked out the window. The sun hadn’t set yet and he wanted to get out of the house for a bit. He got up quickly and changed into some gym shorts and a normal grey shirt before he slipped on his joggers and grabbed his phone and headphones. Every few days Liam would go out and jog in the forest to keep his fitness up and also to pass some time. He walked down stairs and passed his mum in the kitchen, he stopped to grab a bottle of water.

“I’m just going to go for a jog”
 
“Okay well don’t be to long sweat heart” She smiled at him.
 
Liam smiled and walked out the back door heading for the back gate. He loved that his house backed onto the forest and luckily there was a small hiking trail not far from his house. He walked out the back gate and stopped to put his headphones in before he stretched and pressed play for his music. He slowly jogged off into the forest heading to the hike trail. He usually didn’t keep to it and would divert off the track to a small area he found with a waterfall and lake, that no one seemed to know was there.
 
It wasn’t long before Liam was on the hike trail he slowly jogged along it singing along to his music. It was always quite out here on the track and no one else seemed be out here ever. He soon stopped near a familiar tree, he smiled to him self as he stopped and walked off the track heading towards his secret spot. He made it past all the bushes and trees and soon stopped as he looked at the quite area. It was so beautiful the small waterfall and the lake. It was small but just enough for him to swim in during summer and to be alone at times.
 
Liam smiled to him self as he sat down on the ground. He took a sip of his water before he took his headphones out and laid down staring up at the treetops. He sighed happily and closed his eyes, just carefully listening to the water trickling down the waterfall. Sniffing soon interrupted him and something wet on his hand, he opened his eyes and sat up seeing a brown wolf sitting there next to him. Liam went to scream but he couldn’t manage it.
 
2014 Cameron Luttz
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great chapter, I think Liam is gonna have a few surprises in the near future and im sure they are gonna be fun to read about

 

Bob

Link to comment

OOOH mean cliffhanger. I hope it is updated soon! One small note is he wouldn't have done practice as that is 'physical activity' and wouldn't be good after a head injury earlier in the day. I also think the nurse seemed to make a decision to quickly about how bad it was...just to be more realistic, I'd recommend looking up what would be checked and how it would be treated or judged in severity. Realistic details always make a story better. Those are just things I'd say as a beta reader.

Aside from that I am really interested in the story! What is going to happen when Brett has to kill someone. will you go dark and make him hurt someone? is Cameron one? That wouldln't be such a waste :evil: haha. But really, these hunters are messed up. Killing wolves who aren't causing trouble. will Brett go after Jordan or his friends?

More importantly will Liam find out soon about Jordan and his secret and what he is to him? I hope so. This is going to get interesting, soon I hope! Great start.

And how will

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..