Jump to content
    CameronLuttz
  • Author
  • 2,798 Words
  • 18,078 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Lakes Secret - 4. Chapter 4

Liam slowly backed up trying to contain his screams for help, he knew one wrong move could startle the wolf and possibly cause him to attack. Liam backed up till his back was pressed against a fallen tree, he kept his eyes on the wolf, which didn’t seem to move, it just seemed to sit there and stare at him. Liam slowly took his eyes off the wolf to look around for a possible way to escape before he looked back.
 
The brown wolf looked at him before it sat up and slowly approached Liam with caution. Liam’s breathing got heavier as the wolf got closer, he was starting to panic, thinking that the wolf was going to attack him. He closed his eyes and not wanting to see what would happen. Liam kept his eyes shut but slowly opened them after a couple of minutes realizing the wolf had gone. He slowly got up and looked around, he sighed with relief when he realized it was safe now. Liam grabbed his water bottle before he headed back home, he wondered why the wolf hadn’t attacked him at first but it seemed the wolf was more worried if he was alive or not.
 
The brown wolf sat behind a bush keeping him self-hidden from Liam. He knew he had scared him, but he was worried he had fainted again from his head injury and he had to check on him. As he slowly came out from behind the bush to follow Liam back home but, a caramel colored wolf stepped out in front of him and turned his head pointing towards their home. The wolf understood and followed the other wolf as they ran home. It wasn’t long before both wolves were just outside of a house hidden away in the middle of the forest. The house was modern and had big glass windows, letting the light shine in, it was small and had just enough room for Jordan and his dad to live in.
 
Both wolves approached the back porch and transformed back into their human form before they grabbed their clothes and dressed. Both Sam and Jordon were used to seeing each other naked. For them and their pack it wasn’t unusual to see each other naked at times and most had grown being used to it.
 
“Dude, what were you thinking?” Sam whispered as they walked in the house.
 
“Keep it down. My dad might be home” Jordon looked around cautiously. “And I thought he had fainted, I had to check”
 
“I’m fine with following him to make sure he’s safe, but you have to watch it, okay. I don’t want him telling someone and then the next thing we know, we have hunters chasing us”
 
“I know okay, but I just had to check”
 
“I know, I can understand that. You feel you have to protect him because he is your mate.”
 
Jordon smiled at him. Sam was right, he had to be careful, but he was happy he understood that he just wanted to make sure Liam was okay. Both boys walked into the kitchen and Jordon grabbed 2 beers straight out of the fridge. Both of them had turned 18 not long ago so for them drinking had become a casual thing when they could. Jordon opened them and handed one to Sam as they both walked into the living room and sat down.
 
“It’s just hard, I mean he’s human and well he’s not 18 yet and the rules say i will have to find a mate in the pack soon” Jordan said as he turned on the TV.
 
“Well, you don’t have to have sex with him or anything. You could just date him or be friends with him. Just find other ways to be around him, just enjoy the time you can before your forced with some girl in the pack” Sam said taking a sip of his beer.
 
“You know, that actually sounds like a good idea”
 
“Even though you’re a horn dog. Just try to keep it in your pants” Sam laughs
 
“Says you” Jordan joins in laughing with him.
 

Liam finally reached his back gate and looked behind him, straight into the forest. A part of him hoped he would see the wolf again and that he was friendly, the wolf didn’t seem to want to hurt him otherwise he would have been attacked when he was trapped, but who knew, he thought to himself as he pushed the gate open and walked towards the house. He reached the back porch and walked to the back door and went inside. He smiled as he walked past his mum in the kitchen, who had just finished cooking dinner. She smiled as she turned the stove off and turned around to look at Liam.

“Your home just in time” She said smiling at him as she got the plates and cutlery out.
 
“I’ll just go change and I’ll be right back down”
 
Liam’s mum smiled and watched as he ran off, heading towards the stairs before she went to serve dinner. Liam quickly runs up stairs and to his room to get changed, he thought it would be best if he got out of his running gear and got into something better for dinner, he didn’t want to smell horrible. He quickly changed before he headed back down stairs to the kitchen to have dinner. His dad was already eating with his mum by the time he got to the table and joined them.
 
After dinner Liam just wanted to sleep, but he finished a small bit of an assessment he had left before he yawned and stripped down just to his trunks and t-shirt. He walked over to his bed and slipped in under the cover snuggling in, he reached out for his phone and sat the alarm for the morning before he hugged one of his pillows next to him as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Jordon sat watching TV in the lounge room, when his dad came home. Jordan’s dad worked at the local police station. He wasn’t very high ranking but most of the pack were police officers and took care of each other, the Alpha of the pack was the sheriff for Silver Lakes and a bit of the surrounding area, so it was really easy for most of the pack to be in law enforcement or high ranking positions so that they knew what was happening around the town.

Jordan sat up and looked over the back of the couch, smiling at his dad as he walked past him placing his bag down on one of the stools at the breakfast bar before he walked into the kitchen to get a beer and something to eat. Jordan got up off the couch and walked over to one of the stools looking over at his dad.
 
“There’s pizza in there” He said gesturing to the box in the fridge.
 
“Thanks bud” His dad said as he pulled it out putting it on the kitchen counter.
 
“Hard day?”
 
“Not really, just a bit stressed. Alpha wants to have a meeting this weekend about something but he won’t say about what, but it seems serious” His dad said taking out a slice.
 
“What makes you think it’s serious?” Jordan raised an eyebrow.
 
“Well, he got a call from another alpha, just outside New York and then one from the council”
 
“How do you know it was from them?”
 
“I had to redirect the calls to him. But I asked around and no one knows what’s going on. Most of the pack is worried”
 
Jordan bit his lip, it did seem serious if he got a call from the council. They only ever saw the council every 2 years for a meeting with all the Alphas. So if they were calling, it was serious. Jordan sat up and moved around to pat his dad on the back.
 
“Don’t think on it to long” He smiled at him.
 
“I won’t” His dad smiled back as he stretched. “I think I might go for a run then turn to bed”
 
“That’s probably best. I’m just going to have a shower and head to bed, long day at school”
 
“Okay. Night bud”
 
His dad smiled as he walked to the back door kicking off his boots and walking outside unbuttoning his shirt. Jordan turned and walked towards the stairs heading up stairs towards his room. His room was small but he had his own bathroom and a small walk in wardrobe. He had a queen size bed on one wall and a TV on the opposite. Next to it was his desk and one wall seemed to be a huge window, overlooking the forest.
 
Jordan closed his door behind him as he walked in, he stripped off his clothes dumping them on the floor as he walked into his bathroom. He leaned into the shower and turned it on waiting for it to get hot before he turned and looked at himself in the mirror, flexing his naked body and smirking at himself. He turned around and adjusted the cold water before he jumped in, letting the water run over his body.

Brett walked into his dads study and placed the file, he had been given earlier, in front of his desk. His dad looked up, a smile on his face as he opened the folder and looked at the picture on top.

“That’s who I want to be my first” Brett said in a strong voice pointing.
 
“Are you sure? It will be hard” His dad said looking up at him.
 
“Don’t worry I’m sure I can do it and once I do that it will cause the whole pack to go crazy”
 
“Then let the fun begin” His dad said with a smirk.
 
His dad placed the folder down and walked around the desk wrapping his arm around his son’s shoulder as they walked out of the office and into the living room. The folder sat open on his desk exposing the photo on top. It was the pack alpha. The one holding the pack together, leading them, the one that if killed, would cause the pack to go into chaos.

The next morning everything at school was normal. Liam walked with Mel and passed Cameron on the way who seemed to growl at him and gave him an evil stare as they passed. Liam looked at his nose and found it weird that Cameron’s nose had seemed to have healed already, he was almost certain he broke it when he slammed his locker door right into his face. He shrugged it off as he walked with Mel to her locker.

Jordan was leaning against the wall as he talked with Sam and Travis. Sam smiled and nodded his head towards Liam when he saw him, causing Jordan to turn and look. He knew what Sam was suggesting, so he didn’t waste time, he walked past a few people and stopped right in front of Liam who looked up at him, blushing.
 
“Hi” Liam managed to get out as he smiled.
 
“Hey sorry I didn’t mean to stop you so suddenly. I just wanted to check that you were okay after you know”
 
“Oh yeah, thank you for taking me to the nurse and ahh” he paused “sorry for running into you. Again” He rubbed the back of his head.
 
“It’s okay, no big problem. But before you go, I just wanted to ask something” Jordan smiled down at him.
 
Liam gulped as he looked up at him, he wasn’t sure what he wanted to ask but he was sure he could answer one question for him.
 
“Sure no problem”
 
“Well, I was wondering, you see. I kind of need someone’s help on my English project and thought maybe you could help me. Seems as if you’re doing pretty good in that class.”
 
“Oh, sure” Liam blushed, he didn’t hesitate in saying yes “I could do that” He smiled happily.
 
“Well, that’s great. Can you come over this afternoon?” He asked looking down at him.
 
“Oh yeah I’ll have to talk to my parents, but sure”
 
“Well, give me your number and I’ll text you at lunch”
 
“Oh sure” Liam looked for a peace of paper but Jordan just handed him his phone and lets Liam type it in.
 
“I’ll message you at lunch”
 
Liam blushed and smiled as he waved at Jordan as he walked off with Sam and Travis. He soon caught up to Mel who was waiting at her locker looking a bit pissed at him.
 
“Where did you go? I was half way through saying something and you were gone. I looked like a crazy person” She said looking at him with an angry look on her face.
 
“I was stopped by Jordan. He wants me to help him with his English project” Liam smiled happily.
 
“Really?” She said shocked
 
“Yes, he said he would text me at lunch to make sure I could go today”
 
“Lucky bastard” She said smirking as she slammed her locker door.
 
Mel wrapped her arm around him as they walked towards his locker stopping so that he could put his stuff away before he grabbed his books and walked with Mel to her first class.
 
“I’ll see you at lunch” She said as she walked into her class.
 
“Of course” He smiled and walked off heading to his math class, which was just a few doors down.
 
Liam met up with Mel for lunch, she had saved him a seat in their usual place at the cheer squads table. He smiled and talked with them as he ate his lunch he had brought from home. He was so busy talking he didn’t realize his phone went off till it vibrated in his pocket for the second time. He pulled his phone out of his pocked and looked at it, he didn’t know the number then he remembered that Jordan wanted him to come around and help him with his English project. Liam saved the number in his phone before he read over the text.
 
Just checking if you can come around this afternoon to help me. I can drive you to mine and drop you off so no need to worry
 
Jordan
 
Liam looked at the text and sent back quickly saying that he could go and that he would meet him in the car park after cheer practice. Luckily Jordon had football practice at the same time so he was able to meet him after they ended. After he texted Jordan, he sent one to his mum saying he would be home a bit later tonight, which she was okay with.
 
Soon the bell rang and everyone headed off back to his or her classes. Liam continued on with his day, happy that he would finally get to spend some time with Jordan even though he would only be helping him with his project, it would still be fun for him.

After cheer practice, Mel walked with Liam, as they headed to her car but he stopped when he saw Jordan leaning on his car waiting for him to get out of cheer practice.

“Oh I don’t need a lift. Jordan wants me to help him with his project tonight” Liam said as he stopped with Mel by here car.
 
“You lucky bastard. Well I want to hear all about it tonight when you get home” She said with a smirk as she went to the driver’s door.
 
Liam smiled as he walked over to Jordan blushing and trying to hide it by looking down as Jordan opened the passenger door for him. Liam looked around the car, it was nice and probably expensive to by [consider removing the two words and start with a new sentence]. Jordan always seemed to have the expensive things even though his dad was just a cop.
 
Liam smiled as Jordan got in the car and kicked the engine into life before he drove off out of the car park heading home. Liam had never seen Jordan’s house. He knew it was somewhere just outside of the main part of town, surrounded by forest. But what the house looked like he didn’t know, but he couldn’t wait to see.
 
2014 Cameron Luttz
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I find it funny that you named the bully the same name as your name on here...how did that come about :) ?

anyway, the story is good so far...I do think it unlikely though, that the hunters would okay a boy who is on his first kill, go for the alpha of the pack. if it were so easy to kill an alpha, I would think the adult hunters like Brett's father would have done so. that seems like an unrealistic goal. hope the kid gets his ass handed to him.

I am wondering where Jordan is on the hierarchy in the pack? I'm surprised that it isn't okay to mate with a human if a human can be turned. hopefully you'll tell us why.

I did see a few place where notes from proofreading were left in, just so you might wanna check for that next time. look forward to more of the story. I hope that Jordan and liam have a good time together. I think they'll be cute together, and we don't know much about them so you can let the characters be developed as you have them get to know one another.

Link to comment
On 08/13/2014 09:19 AM, Cannd said:
I find it funny that you named the bully the same name as your name on here...how did that come about :) ?

anyway, the story is good so far...I do think it unlikely though, that the hunters would okay a boy who is on his first kill, go for the alpha of the pack. if it were so easy to kill an alpha, I would think the adult hunters like Brett's father would have done so. that seems like an unrealistic goal. hope the kid gets his ass handed to him.

I am wondering where Jordan is on the hierarchy in the pack? I'm surprised that it isn't okay to mate with a human if a human can be turned. hopefully you'll tell us why.

I did see a few place where notes from proofreading were left in, just so you might wanna check for that next time. look forward to more of the story. I hope that Jordan and liam have a good time together. I think they'll be cute together, and we don't know much about them so you can let the characters be developed as you have them get to know one another.

I thought i got rid of all the proof read notes XD. Got them now hopefully lol and yeah for the alpha killing you'll see how that goes but for Jordan with a human there is a rule i just need to describe it more soon. But cameron being the bully i have no clue it just sort of came to my mind as a name while planning the story.
Link to comment

Enjoying the read, but could I suggest you get someone to proof read and maybe edit for you. Peace for piece, really? and bunch of other minors that would improve your story.

Link to comment

What an engaging story or far. The characters interesting and have drawn me in. I'm already nervous about the for shadowing. It's an interesting twist making his good friend the antagonist. I'm hoping that that Brett will have a change of heart, but I fear  the opposite will happen.  I'm a sucker for a beautiful love story.  Thank you-Brian   ( I hope that Brett realizes what he wants to do is tantamount to murder. It's not taking out a criminal or a crazy, it's murdering an innocent person.)

Edited by Tazzle001
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..