Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 657 Words
  • 1,850 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt's for 2015 - 3. Here comes Trouble.

 
 

“Where did all that come from?” Jamie wondered in dismay as he surveyed the mess of the lounge. There was toilet paper everywhere. It had been ripped into small pieces and strewn all over the furniture, carpet, and TV like confetti.

Barking drew Jamie’s attention to the hallway and before he could take more than one step a bundle of fur flew at him and he caught it at the last minute.

He looked down into sparkling eyes full of mischief. A very wet tongue bathed him from chin to forehead and the bundle let out a happy yip.

“Where are you? Puppy, here, Puppy.” Andrew appeared in the doorway looking harried, annoyed and carrying a leash in one hand.

As soon as he saw Jamie he froze. “Ah.” He ran a hand through his hair and looked at the mess. “You’re home early.”

Trying to keep his face away from the small dog in his arms, Jamie glared at his mate. “Where did this ball of energy come from?”

“Um, Jackson wanted to give Lizzie an early fifth birthday present. He dropped the puppy off on his way to work this evening. I only turned my back for a second to sort out the accessories Jackson left—food, bowl, and such—and before I knew it the rascal was in the bathroom. The more I chased him the more he shredded the toilet roll. I didn’t expect you home yet and I was hoping to get this cleared up.”

The bundled of fur in Jamie’s arms wriggled until he set the puppy on the floor, keeping a tight hold on the collar around its neck. “What’s its name? And more to the point I suppose, is it a boy or girl?”

Andrew laughed. “It is a he, and he hasn’t got a name yet.” He handed Jamie the leash he was holding and Jamie clipped it in place.

“Well, he looks like trouble to me,” Jamie grumbled, surveying the mess again. He looked at his watch and cursed. “Lizzie will be home soon and we can’t leave this mess.”

Thinking fast Jamie started muttering under his breath. A soft chiming noise echoed through the room and in the blink of an eye all the toilet paper had disappeared and two full trash bags had materialized in the middle of the carpet. Jamie only winced slightly at the masive use of his magic.

Right on cue, the front door crashed open.

“Da, Pa, I’m home!” Lizzie called as she ran into the room. “A PUPPY!”

The puppy jolted at the noise and managed to pull free of Jamie’s grasp. Seeing the young girl now kneeling on the floor the furball made a beeline for her and she scooped him up nuzzling his fur.

Jamie shook his head and, picking up the trash bags, headed out into the kitchen.

***

Dinner was nearly ready to serve and Jamie was just about to call everyone to wash up when a crash sounded from the lounge.

Running into the room he froze in shock in the doorway.

Sitting in the middle of a broken glass lamp was the puppy, tongue hanging out as he panted—or more likely laughed. He was also covered in mud.

Looking around Jamie took in the devastation of the room—again. Muddy footprints marked the couch and armchairs. Muddy smears and long rips showed where the puppy had skidded across the carpet—how Jamie didn’t know. The coffee table was on its side, as was the side table that had held the glass lamp.

“Puppy,” came Lizzie’s voice as she ran into the room. Before Jamie could move she tripped over the still panting puppy and rammed into the couch, which in turn knocked over the remaining side table and smashed the other glass lamp.

The noise seemed to unfreeze Jamie. “TROUBLE!” he bellowed and the puppy slinked under the couch.

Use the first line “Where did all that come from?”
This is set after book five of Unison Island.
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was such acute little vignette in the lives of Andrew and Jamie. I love this couple! Great way to let us know what they named the puppy. It brought back memories of my dog when she was a puppy... she was a handful too. Loved it, Caz! Well done... Cheers... Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment

lmao....well I guess that puppy got his name! That was very cute. I enjoy these little glimpses into the futures of the family/characters we so love.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/31/2015 09:52 PM, comicfan said:

Really cue. Loved the whole story.

:thankyou: I'm really glad you liked it. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/31/2015 10:18 PM, Timothy M. said:

Made me fall over laughing. Now I know why I never bought a dog.

My hubby had a dog and he did this once. It's what gave me the idea :lmao::thankyou: for the review

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/31/2015 11:24 PM, Cannd said:

lmao....well I guess that puppy got his name! That was very cute. I enjoy these little glimpses into the futures of the family/characters we so love.

Glad you like the snatches of their futures. :thankyou: for your review and all your comments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/31/2015 02:18 AM, Headstall said:

This was such acute little vignette in the lives of Andrew and Jamie. I love this couple! Great way to let us know what they named the puppy. It brought back memories of my dog when she was a puppy... she was a handful too. Loved it, Caz! Well done... Cheers... Gary

I've been told that pets name themselves, and this one definitely did.

 

:thankyou: for the review and I'm glad you liked it. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..