Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The ones that didn't get burned - 4. Prayer for the beast

I lost my faith today. Pray for them he’d said, however if prayer meant that the ones I hold dear would turn into the beast that growls before me then I could only hope that there is some manner in which a man could undo a prayer.

I followed the rules, I made my bed. The morning rang and each day I walked in the sunlight shouting about the feathers that fall from the wings that hover above me. What a fool.

If only I’d stopped to notice that the moon had taken its place, and the light to which I refer was only the reflection of the pond below me that now displays in full glory the clown suite that I put on in the dark.

Oh ugly man! You have shamed me, burned me and tamed me. You had me in your clutch but I have pried it open to see your ugly face.

The blood that you spilled has stained my coat. How will I wash it out? No soap in the world can remove a blood stain. You disgust me, stop dripping your guilt on me. I am a victim.

You took me as a babe and now that my eyes have taken their first look the brilliance of the world is so much better than the dream you tricked me to.

Fly away from me! I will take your feathers and burn them. Leave no trace, I never wish to see you. You cripple me with your fake love. I can see the devious smile behind your hair.

Show your face, who is really red? Not me, perhaps a mirror should be sought. I will shine it upon you then push you in the pond. I will wash away the layers to see where you really come from.

You burned my village and then drank the ashes. Does it taste good? You take me as a babe then cut off my limbs, plucked out my eyes. You told me to pray and while I held my head down you shamed me, burned me and tamed me.

I will drag myself to the pond, guided by the moon my real mother. She will fertilize me and take me to her womb, I will get my limbs back and I promise to pray.

Pray for good eyes so that when I am born I can see you, and refuse you. I will stop you and glare at you. You will weep for me, false tears. You want my soul but you cant have it, it is mine.

Copyright © 2011 Chalan Palaske; All Rights Reserved.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..