Jump to content
    Chirping
  • Author
  • 1,158 Words
  • 683 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ero's Stolen Bow - 2. Oh mah SQUAWK

.2 Oh mah SQUAWK

Σ OCTAVIOUS II

 

 

This place was killer. So, the days were just fine. Not really "days" more like, afew hours here. I worked around the town. This town was like some survival camp. We had to bring in supplies from the outer side, but I hadn't done that yet, but when I saw them carrying in supplies, they looked like they got pricked by a cactus, then a more aggressive one. Oh, and I also figured out that i could call out doves. Really weird. They just gawked at me through out my trainning into doing things.

The things they do here is weird. But I'ma go on to where I just head back to my cabin, yeah? Okay, then good plan. I blasted (not really more of a struggle, then a blast) the door open, and i carried books piled high, from my hands to nearly the ceiling. I looked over to my sides, and saw Jason and another roommate, I figured his name was August. Huh, how strange. I stumbled my way towards the stairs. Jason turned to his back to see me, as I also met his eyes. He had a blush and stood, up to help me with my books. He leaned over a whisper.

"Hey, umm sorry about last night.." He had one hand on the side of the books and one to his neck, he was probably still very embarassed.

"Hey, its okay. I won't tell anyone about that last night, if you help me up with these books." I whispered back to him, with a grin, then it turned into a slump. He and I stumbled our way upstairs, to find more obsicles. The doors were open, and people flooded the hallway. We decided to stand there and wait for the traffic to stop.

"So, umm whats your name?" He titled his head over to see me. I had sweat over my face, why would he want to see?

"I-I'm Octavious." I had a hard time trying to say it, because my arms were turning into noodles.

"Well, I'm Jason." He smiled, it faded into a huff. He was probably gonna tumble over along with me. The traffic stopped, and we walked ourselves through the hallway, and dropped everything into our room. He had the same exact books, already. But I'm guessing since he lives in here, he probably would of had them already.

"Oh, let me make some room. Um, anything you need?" He bent over to start picking things up. "I'm usually, the only person in the room, but since you moved in. I hadn't had any time to clean up." He continued pulling himself up and benting over to pick up the books and trash. I decided to help along.

Soon we cleaned the room. He gave me the second desk space, which was surprisingly near his. I wonder who used it before. I started planting books on my desk and drawers. I opened my luggage (which I hadn't open since I got here.) and started unpacking things, placing them into drawers. I looked at my wristband, the one my mom gave to me as a present when I found out (it was only yesterday.) she was a goddess. I was too busy admiring the gift when I heard Jason.

"Oh sorry what?" I looked up from my wrist.

"I said, whos your godly parent? Mines Poseidon." He looked at me.

"O-oh, mines Aphrodite." I decided to not meet his eyes.

"It might explain why you look so nice."

I hadn't notice anything different with me.

"Umm, what do you mean?"

"Your face, eyes and hair. Your hair is so neatly done, and your face makes people probably think you were just born adorable. The sea green eyes, looks like mines." I hadn't notice his eyes, but it looked like my eye color, except it actually looked like the ocean through it. I looked away and rushed myself towards the bathroom.

I looked at myself, to find out, my hair was combed. My eye color was exactly like his, except like I said, you didn't see sea through it. My face, it was all clean. My teeth were white was day. I hated the hair, but liked everything else. I began messing up my hair. Undoing the things, pouring water on it. Until it was nice and shagged alittle. I kept looking at myself in the mirror, to hear a squawk. I stumbled and fell butt to the floor, and back flat on the wall. I tilted my head up to find a dove. Great another dove.

I got back up, and it squawked at me again. I leaned towards the window, and pulled it open. The dove ran right in, and slammed into the wall with a loud THUT , dang that dove was dumb. I scrawled my way towards it and lifted it up. It was still alive, just quiet. I decided to go back out, so with that I stood up and open the door. In my vision was Jason staring at me. I think I screech, and impaled myself down to the floor, dropping the dove. I heard Jason snicker and laugh. He held out a hand.

"Sorry Octavious, didn't mean to scare you." He grinned and giggled alittle under his breath.

I grabbed his hand and I just felt a shock down my spine. I quickly let go, and just let myself stand. "Its okay." I quickly wipped my pants, as if it had dirt on it. I grabbed the dove, and he looked at it.

"Whats that?" He asked curiously.

"A dove, I found it by the window."

"I guess thats what the thut, was stupid dove." He cracked a laugh, I decided to laugh alittle with him.

"Yeah.." We both felt an awkward silence over us, and we left the bathroom. I studied the books for about almost the whole night. Jason came by, sometimes casually hovering over me. I hadn't had any sleep, that WHOLE night. I had bags under my eyes, as I stood outside into the morning, sunlight. The skies were crimson, and the clouds glowed red. People were outside taking supplies back and forth, of the neighborhood.

The group who introduced me to the town walked towards me, and were frowning.

"Why wern't you at dinner last night? and why do you have bags?" Kayla asked puzzled.

My stomach rumbled at the word dinner.

"I studied the books all night..." I said drowsy. I wipped my eyes, and just stared at them lazily.

Kayla sighed. "Just come to dinner this night. I'll be sure you do, if you don't I'll set some punishments." She walked off casually like nothing happened.

I just wished I could see my dad. I was beginning to get homesick.

Σ II

Copyright © 2015 Chirping; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..