Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jordan and Cody - 7. Chapter 7

Hey! Sorry about late chapter!!! Enjoy :3

“Thank you sooooo much Dr Fowler! I owe you my life!” I told him.

“No you don’t owe me anything. Just stay up here for a few days of R&R and you can go home.”

We all thank him and we head out. Dr Fowler recommended some vitamins and minerals to help my health to get back to normal.

****************************************************************

I haven’t eaten anything since breakfast so we head out to a café for lunch. Mum calls Ruby and tells her where we are so she can come. Once Ruby arrives we order our food. I go for a large bowl of wedges with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.

“So what’s the news?” Ruby asks she obviously doesn’t know yet.

“Well not much really, I have been declared free of cancer and we ar...” I say before I am cut off with a reasonably loud “YES!”

“Thank god for that! We can finally head home!” Ruby says after calming down.

“Yep, no more Dunners.” Jordan says. He looks relived.

“Yep this is our last day so we can do something fun I hope?” I look at Mum.

“Um… Yeah we could all go to the museum?” Mum says with an amused look on her face.

“Yeah! I haven’t been there in a long time!” I say with excitement.

“I have never been before. What’s it like?” Jordan says.

“It’s really cool! You get to pla…” I say before I get cut off again!

“Don’t tell him Cody!” Mum scolds playfully.

We eat all our food and head off to the Dunedin museum.

“Wow!” Jordan says in awe. As we walk in.

“It’s pretty cool aye?” I say.

“Yep.” He replies.

The museum is pretty large. There is a Chinese exhibit on at the moment so we check that out first. We finish there after half an hour. Mum and Ruby want to look at some boring exhibit while I want to take Jordan to an awesome part of this museum.

We walk to a room that is aglow with those purple florescent light bulbs that light up white stuff. We walk hand in hand through the door and we come to a warm, humid room filled with amazing butterflies.

“Wow!” Jordan mutters under his breath.

We walk hand in hand until I start to feel weak and need to sit down. We find a park bench to sit on.

“This is beautiful!” Jordan exclaims.

“Yep, it is!” I say.

A blue and black butterfly lands on his head.

I smirk and grab my phone to take a pic of him.

“Sit still don’t move but smile nicely!” I say holding up my phone to take a picture. I take one and immediately set it as my wallpaper.

I put my arm around his shoulder.

“This is the best day I have ever experienced in a long time, and it’s all thanks to you.”

“It…” He starts but I cut him off.

“Jordan if you weren’t here I probably wouldn’t have got through this as easy as I have. Yes it hurt and yes I was always tired but you looked after me. Jordan I love you so much! Never leave me.” I say, I am in tears by the end of it.

“Cody, I love you too and I will never hurt you emotionally or physically.” Jordan says tears flowing freely. I pull him into a deep loving kiss. We then break our embrace to see Mum and Ruby looking at us with smiles, I then look behind them and see a Man and Women who look like they are going to faint, they have a child with them who has his eyes covered. I then realise who the adults are. Dad and Jude. The child who I assume to be Jude’s son breaks free of the man’s hands and looks at us. Jordan and I are looking at them with worried faces then we look at Mum and Ruby who haven’t yet caught on. The kid looks vaguely familiar. He is a bit shorter than me. He has sandy blond hair in a buzz cut fashion, sea blue eyes…hold on he looks just like me! But he looks only a few years younger. He reminds me of the boy in my dream. I then realise he has the same shaped face as Jude. Oh Shit. Jordan also notices this and looks from me to him rapidly.

Dad now looks pissed and walks briskly towards us. Mum and Ruby noticed them a few moments ago.

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS KAREN?!” Dad yells pointing at me and Jordan, keep in mind this is a big room so his voice rebounds off the walls amplifying it.

“Fuck off Gary!” Mum hisses trying not to make a scene.

“FUCK OFF DAD!!! GO BACK TO YOUR PERFECT FAMILY! I SEE YOU HAVE A SON?! HOW OLD IS HE? FUNNY THING IS HE LOOKS JUST LIKE ME! PISS OFF DAD YOU ARE NOT WANTED!” I yell. Mum and Ruby look at me astonished.

“NO SON OF MINE IS A FAG! YOU HEAR ME! NONE!” Dad shouts.

“Gary you leave NOW! Or so help me I will get Jordan to pin you down and I will call the cops.” Mum says calmly.

“I will get you back. Mark my words I will get you!” Dad hisses.

“Um…funny story, YOU WONT! Remember the custody hearing? You said you didn’t want me. The Judge asked if you would ever consider another hearing in the future. You declined. If I remember rightly you stated ‘I don’t want any contact with anyone from my old life. Can you please decline any re hearings from me for custody’?” I state with a smirk on my face.

He looks almightily pissed. He grabs his son and they rush in the direction of the exit.

“Let’s not do that again. Huh?” Ruby asks.

“Never want to deal with that prick again.” I deadpan.

Mum just looks at me and laughs.

“I taught you well!”

Jordan agrees with Mum and I just roll my eyes. I hope I don’t get too see Dad for a very long time. The reason I say this is because I want to get to know his ‘other son’ and my ‘brother’ as he has been in my dreams. He is cute and he probably pulls all the chicks to him! I tell Jordan about my ‘brother’ that has been showing up in my dreams. He thinks we should get into contact with him somehow. We finish off the museum visit by going to the café.

“Where do you want to go from here Jordan? Cody?” Mum asks.

Jordan and I look at each other.

“Do you want to go back to school?” I ask Jordan.

“Only if you are feeling up too it.” He says in a genuine caring voice.

“Well we can’t spend all our time being lazy! We need to get re-fit! And maybe do some learning at some stage…” I say enthusiastically.

“That sounds like a good idea!” Jordan says smirking at my enthusiasm.

“Okay boys. We will head back to Queenstown and you Mum and Aaron can spend a few days in R&R with us while you are schooling!” Ruby says happily.

We discuss the plans for the rest of the day and we come to the conclusion of just going shopping at the mall. I haven’t had time to look in the shops here because I was always tired or feeling unwell.

We pile into the two separate cars and drive to the mall. Mum gives me her MasterCard and tells me to buy us some new clothes. I grab Jordan’s hand and drag him to find a directory so I can find a clothing shop. We eventually find a directory and I look up the clothing shops. I find the shop I want and drag him there by his hand. We are both smiling and laughing, just having a great time. I find the shop Factorie and we walk in. The shop is split in half girls on one side boys on the other. We look for clothes for each other. I find him light blue, tight and smooth chinos with a blue, dark blue and white panelled tee to go with it. He finds teal chinos and a black and white drop tail tee. We try them on.

“Wow! You look drop dead gorgeous!” Jordan exclaims loudly, he then blushes because he said it so loud.

I am just gobsmacked by how beautiful it looks on him.

“You’re…you are beautiful!” I manage to say.

We both take the tags off and take them to the counter. I grab my eftpos card out but Jordan gets his out first. He smiles and pokes out his tongue.

“Hey boys! Looking good!” The cashier says, she is about 18 and has short frizzy brown hair.

“Thanks!” We both reply.

She leans forward and whispers. “You both are cute together.”

We both blush.

“How did you know?” I ask.

“Well I can see it in your eyes, and you were a little loud with your comments.” She says looking a Jordan.

She looks at my hair and shakes her head. “I know how you feel man. I finished radio a few months ago. Are you finished yet?” She asks.

“Yep! I finished my treatment today! Thank god it’s over.” I say.

“Yep, it’s not fun. I would love to stay and chat but I have to attend to customers sometimes!” She says.

“Okay then have fun! Nice to meet you!” Jordan says smiling.

We leave the shop and head to the food court. We get there and I look for a place to go. I spot a sushi bar and literally drag Jordan there.

“What flavour do you want?” I ask while looking for one myself.

“Um… I’ve never had it before.” He says shyly.

“Since you don’t like fish…” If he did I would make him stop eating it because I can’t stand the taste or smell of it! “I would recommend the Teriyaki Chicken, that’s what I’m getting anyway.” I say smiling at him.

“Okay then… I guess it would be okay?” He asks looking concerned.

“We can go somewhere else if you don’t want to try it.” I say looking at him, not caring either way.

“No, no we’ll be fine here.” He said.

I buy the sushi and we carry it over to a table. We sit down and I start on my lunch. He picks a piece of the roll and looks at it tentatively then takes a nibble of the sushi. He screws his face up in disgust. I roll my eyes.

“Jordan, you eat it all at once!” I exclaim.

He shrugs and puts the whole thing in his mouth. He swallows it and I look at him with a look of question on my face. He just nods rapidly and grabs another one. I smile and carry on eating. We finish lunch and we decide to separate and do our own shopping.

I walk down the corridor filled with shops until I find what I’m looking for,a jewellery shop. I walk in and start looking in the glass cabinet my eyes come to rest on a beautiful aqua and lime green glass droplet shaped necklace, there is a curve of silver splitting the colours apart.

“Can I help you?” The jeweller asks.

I point to the necklace. “How many of those do you have?”

“We have only two identical ones, the others are in different colours but this one I think looks the best.”

“How much if I buy both?” I ask.

She grabs a book and looks for the price. “One thousand five hundred dollars but if you buy both its two thousand one hundred and fifty dollars.” She said looking confident that I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

“Can I get the silver bit engraved?” I asked.

“Yes you can but that’s an extra fifty dollars.”

“I’ll take them both and engrave them.” I said.

She looked astonished. “Okay… What do you want on them?” She said as she gave me a piece of blank paper. I wrote what I wanted on the paper and gave it back.

I paid for it and she told me they would be ready in half an hour.

 

***JORDANS P.O.V.***

 

As I wander the halls of this mall think over the recent events…I wander by a jewellery shop and notice a flawless silver ring with blue jewels in the trench of it. I walk into the shop to look at it more closely. As I do the shopkeeper comes along.

“Do you need any help viewing?” She asked nicely.

“Um, could you show me the silver ring with the blue jewels in it please?”

“Okay let me just get it out…”

As she did I noticed it looked like it would look good on Cody’s finger.

“It’s platinum with sapphire flecks, it is a wonderful men’s ring as it has little jewels.” She said.

“How much would it cost for two?” I ask.

“Um, for one it is eight – hundred dollars, but if you brought two I could do a deal for… Let’s say one thousand three hundred?”

I am amazed by the price! I thought it would be much more expensive!

“Can I get it engraved? It’s for my boyfriend so its sorta sentimental.”

“Ohhhh, my son is gay so you’re lucky you have someone! He doesn’t yet and he is fourteen.” She said “But yes you can get it engraved for free since you brought two.”

“Thanks!” I tell her.

“Now what do you want engraved?” She slips me a piece of paper and I write what I want engraved.

“It should be ready in half an hour!” She exclaimed.

“Thank you. See you in half an hour!” I said leaving the store.

 

****************************************************************

 
Copyright © 2014 connorwhite104; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..