Jump to content
    cthendri
  • Author
  • 2,705 Words
  • 1,778 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

Albus Potter and the Founders Room - 1. Chapter 1 (Elder Secrets)

Albus Potter wants to do is go school shopping. But between Parents acting weird and gorgeous mystery boys things don’t go the way he thought they would, but maybe that is a good thing.

This is my first fan fiction so don't judge me too hard. This story will not have any sex; mostly it will have a lot of pre-teen pining and some pretty good fantasy action/mystery. I do have plans to continue this till they are in 7th year and have a good idea how the whole story will go. If I continue to write this story as the characters get older we will eventually get to the sex and other stuff. One disclaimer: I am a 26 year old gay guy and in no way am I J.K. Rowling nor to I, even in part, own the Harry Potter series or any writes to it. Those belong to Ms. Rowling and Time Warner. However as I am not charging you to read this I am well within the law to play in her world for a little while. To reiterate I own nothing (except my original characters and the unique story I’m telling), and Ms. Rowling owns everything (else).

 

Diagon Alley was full of people leading their children around, buying school supplies and getting ready for a new academic year. There were even a few muggle families walking around looking to buy supplies for their new witch and wizard children. Albus Severus Potter could always tell the muggle families and not just because they dressed differently, though more and more Wizards were adopting or integrating muggle fashion. No, it was because they always stood staring wide eyed at everything, from the floating signs to the oddly tilted buildings. Albus always enjoyed people watching on Diagon Alley this time of the year, and his seat on the bench in front of the Daily Prophet’s main office was one of the best places to do it from.

Today was different though, today he was one of the throng of new students about to start their first year at Hogwarts. Well, he would be one of the throng if his mother, Ginny Potter, would finish with work, and take him shopping. His father, sister and brother would be coming later as his brother didn’t have as much shopping to do as Albus did, because this was James’ second year.

Albus and his mother were going to go to the shops that his brother didn’t need to go to, and then meet up with the rest of his family for lunch followed by more shopping. But if his mother didn’t hurry up they wouldn’t have time to go anywhere before they had to meet up with the rest of the family. Where was she anyway she told him to meet her here a half hour ago, and when he asked the witch at the reception desk she had told Albus that his mother was in a very important meeting and couldn’t be disturbed. Luckily for Albus just as he was about to go back in and ask the witch if there was any way he could get a message to his mother to tell her he was waiting, she appeared along with the ageing Barnabas Cuffe, Editor in Chief of the Daily Prophet, and two professors from Hogwarts: the Headmaster Professor Flitwick and Nevil Longbottom.

“I thank you again for your discretion Barnabas,” Professor Flitwick said in his high squeaky voice “We will keep you updated.”

“Mrs. Potter,” He said with a nod to Ginny.

“Ginny,” said Nevil, and then both men disapperated in a swirl of robes. Ginny and her boss gave each other a worried look and then turned to go back into the office where they noticed Albus sitting.

“Oh Albus, I’s so sorry,” She said when she realized how long her son must have been sitting there. “I got caught up in something important and couldn’t put it off.”

“Discussing some important Quidditch scores? With the Headmaster of Hogwarts and Uncle Nevil?” Albus said skeptically, knowing his mother was the Lead Quidditch Correspondent.

“That is none of your concern young man,” She said using her mom voice, so Albus new the subject was closed. But Mr. Cuffe just chuckled.

“Come see me when you graduate Hogwarts lad. I’ll put you to work as a reporter,” he said as he walked back into the Prophet Offices. Ginny Potter scowled at the old man’s back, but then turned to her son.

“Let me get my bag and then we will go okay Accio Handbag,” She said and then waved her wand above her head. Out of one of the upper floor windows, which must have belonged to his mother’s office, sailed her hand bag.

“All right off we go,” She said as she settled the strap on her shoulder “Where to first?”

“Let’s do the boring stuff first to get it out of the way,” Albus said excitedly. So with the prospect of new magical objects to play with, all thoughts of his mother’s strange reaction flew right out of Albus’ head. It wasn’t until much later that he realized how important it was.

Loaded down with parcels filled with glass phials, a beginner potioneer’s supply kit, a telescope, brass scales, and dragon hide gloves Albus and Ginny walked out of Magical Menagerie. Albus was carrying his new owl, a rare and beautiful black barn owl who Albus had already named Morrigan after the Celtic deity. He cooed to her and whispered that she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen as they walked down to the street to their last stop before lunch: Ollivanders.

The old shop was tall and thin like the wand boxes it contained. Outside the faded and peeling gold letters announced Ollivanders: Makers of Fine Wands since 382 B.C. In the dingy display window two wands sat on a scarlet cushion. As Albus pushed the door open he could smell the magic in the air which set him on edge filling him with energy, excitement and anticipation. Inside along the walls were rows upon rows of small thin boxes that ran from the floor to the ceiling. The only other thing in the room seemed to be one small stool that was situated in the middle of the room.

“Good morning, Ginevra,” said a very old looking man who walked in with cane and a severe limp. “It’s lovely to see you again.”

“And you Mr. Ollivander,” Ginny said politely “I am here to get Albus here his first wand.”

“Well boy,” said the old wand maker “Have a seat let’s get a look at you.”

As the older man stared at him with his huge silver eyes Albus began to get nervous it was as if this man could see into his soul or something. Thankfully the man looked away and began measuring him with a tape measure. After taking many measurements including some between his nostrils for some reason the man walked over to the wall of wands.

“As you undoubtable know, Mr. Potter, the wand chooses the wizard, and a wizard always gets the best results from their own wand. That is why this process is so important. Let’s try this one first them,” He said pulling down a box and placing the wand in Albus’ hands.

“Cedar and dragon heartstrings 9 inches springy,” He said with a grin. Albus took the wand and was about to swish it around a bit when the wand maker snatched it out of his hand. “No, not that one.”

The next three wands were Walnut and unicorn hair, Ebony and Unicorn hair, and Cherry and dragon heartstrings and none of them where quite right. When waving the last wand all the boxes blew off the east wall of the shop, and it took ten minutes to coax them back up.

“Let’s try this one then, Rowan and Phoenix Feather 10 inches pliable.”

Albus waved the wand and while there was no major damage done to the shop, it didn’t quite feel right either. Mr. Ollivander looked at the boy with a strange look on his face and then threw up his hands.

“It must be,” he said in a resigned voice, “You are his son after all.”

The man left the front room and brought back a black box with him, and hesitantly handed the wand to Albus. As soon as the wand touched his hand he knew it was right. A halo of light glowed around Albus’ head and a beautiful stream of pearl colored light wafted from the end of the wand. He looked up and smiled, and his mother seeing his face clapped loudly.

“Elder and Phoenix feather 12 inches supple,” said the wand maker slowly smirking wickedly at Ginny, who upon hearing this stopped clapping and grew thoughtful.

“Wait,” Albus said sadly “Aren’t wands made of Elder like, bad luck or something?”

“That is nonsense and superstition,” said Mr. Ollivander dismissively, “They are simply a rare match. In my experience one who wields a wand of elder is marked for a special destiny. It is rarely a safe destiny but it is always important, and let none tell you any different.”

“It is a lovely wand Albus,” His mother said.

“Indeed it is,” Said Mr. Ollivander shaking his head and began returning boxes to the wall “You and your father, and your unusual wand combinations. It’s fascinating. His is Holly and Phoenix feather, eleven inches if I’m not mistaken. It does tend to be a hard wand to master, much as yours will be, however it is curious. . . ”

“What is curious?” Albus asked.

“We had better go, love,” his mother said with a hint of panic in her voice, and threw ten Galleons down on the counter, “Here is what we owe. . .”

“No,” Albus said pulling away from his mother “What is curious?”

“Well,” Mr. Ollivander said looking over his shoulder with a wicked glint in his silver eyes “the Holly and Phoenix Feather wand I sold him was not your father’s only wand. He also had an Elder wand at one point.”

“Indeed he did,” Said Ginny giving the old man a look that Al could only describe as a warning “But that wand is long gone. Come along Al.”

“But. . .” Al started to protest but his mother gave him the same warning look and towed him out of the store. She would answer no questions about when Al’s father had had an elder wand, for as long as Al could remember his father had only ever used his Holly wand which he had told all of his children he had bought at eleven years old from Ollivanders.

For his mother though the conversation was over and she led Al through the busy streets until they arrived at Bones’ Bistro. They were late so as they walked through the door they saw Al’s brother, James, his sister, Lilly, and his father, Harry waving at them from a small booth in the back. Lilly immediately cooed and reached for Morrigan who she fed little pieces if her toast.

“Hello Dear,” Harry said kissing his wife. Then including Al he said, “How has your day been, then?”

“When did you have a wand made of elder?” asked Al suddenly as he was still angry that his mother refused to talk about it.

“What?” Harry said sounding genuinely confused.

“Al’s new wand is Elder and Phoenix feather,” Ginny explained, “Al was worried that it would be unlucky—“

“It totally is unlucky,” James added as his mother was talking.

“James,” Ginny warned before continuing “and Mr. Ollivander mentioned that you had once owned an Elder wand.” She gave Harry a strange look as she said the word elder.

“Well yes, for a very short time I used an elder wand,” Harry said with a flash of understanding. “It was during the Battle of Hogwarts actually. After the battle I fixed my first wand and that’s the one I’ve used ever since.”

“Oh,” Al said “Well why was it such a big secret then?”

“Oh honey it’s not a secret,” Ginny said. “Not really.”

“Mr. Ollivander wanted that wand for himself, but it belonged to someone else so I gave it back,” Harry said.

“Oh,” Albus said thinking. Mr. Ollivander was really creepy; so Albus could imagine that he would be obsessed with getting a certain wand for some kind of crazy collection.

The meal at the bistro was delicious, and afterwards the Potter family finished their shopping. They picked up new school robes and uniforms for both James and Albus, as James had already outgrown his from last year. While in the shop James kept throwing a Slytherin tie at Albus saying “Here you might need this.” This of course caused another row between the brothers which their parents had to break up after James knocked over a sewing dummy. After that it was a quick trip to the apothecary to restock James’ potion kit and then they were off to Albus’ favorite store Flourish & Blotts.

The minute the family walked in Ginny made off with the two boys’ book list, as the place was extremely crowded with families of Hogwarts students, she told them that she would retrieve their books for them. Harry and James ran out to go get James a broom since he was a second year and planned to go out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Lilly went over to look at the Diary and Journal Section to look for the new Ultra-Secure Locking Diary, and Albus just started wandering around. First to the Periodicals Section to pick up the new issue of Spellman’s Quarterly, and then started wandering through the Charms section. Albus loved book shops, especially magical ones; it was like he could feel all the knowledge that the books held and heard them whispering for him to open them and to share in their knowledge. His brother thought he was weird, but his cousin Rose understood, and felt the same way. Both of them wanted to be famous and powerful when they grew up, like Merlin or Albus’ namesake Dumbledore. Albus was making his way to the Fiction Section when, deep in thought, he didn’t realize that the person standing in front of him had stopped suddenly, and he accidentally ran right into the other boy.

“Oh I’m so sorry,” Albus said as he helped the boy pick up the books he had been holding before Al had plowed into him. But as the boy looked up Al realized that this was the most beautiful boy he had ever seen in his whole life. Albus had known he was gay for a little while now and had just last week come out for the first time, to his cousin Rose, but this was defiantly something special. Albus wished with his whole heart that this boy was gay.

“It’s fine,” Said the gorgeous blond boy picking up the last of the books and brushing himself off.

“No I wasn’t paying attention I guess I just got distracted. Thinking mostly. I do that sometimes; Zone out I mean. And then I forget to pay attention to the real world.” Albus babbled and then blushed when he realized what he was doing.

“No really its fine,” the blond boy said chuckling.

“I’m Al by the way,” Al said hurriedly trying to get his babbling under control, and really wanting to know this hot boys name.

“I’m H---,” The blond boy said, but was interrupted when a beautiful brunette woman came to stand behind him.

“Time to go love,” Said the woman who must have been the gorgeous boy’s mother.

“Okay mom,” The blond boy said and then waved at Al, “Bye.”

“Bye,” Al said quietly as he watched the two of them walk away. But he didn’t have long to stand there and fantasize, because just then his mother and sister had arrived.

“Ready to go sweets?” She asked and then saw his face “Is everything okay love? Are you feeling well?”

“Yeah I’m fine,” He said banishing the blond boy from his mine. It wasn’t like he was going to see the boy again anyway.

“Okay let’s go find your brother and Father then,” She said and they too walked out the door.

strong>Did you like it so far? Message me and comment with how you think I can improve. Just a warning the next chapter will contain actual quotes from the final chapter of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which I do not own. I could not tell the story accurately without using some of Ms. Rowling words. Don’t flame me it isn’t plagiarism I am telling you it isn’t mine. If it helps think of it as quoting.
Lots of Love, CT
© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; (1998-present)(J.K.Rowling)She owns All rights to the world and many of these characters.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey mate,

Great beginning. I'm really intrigued, and I feel that you recreate the magical feeling of the original books just fine.

One thingthough: I think this has the potential to be a great story in its own right so I wouldn't lay on the gay thing too much, too quick if I were you. Otherwise, I fear it may turn into one of those sappy love stories of which there are thousands on GA.

 

I hope you won't keep us waiting too long.

 

Cheers,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/28/2014 04:51 AM, Mikeymike88 said:
Promising beginning... I look forward to the direction you take this... Infinite possibilities
Hey thanks for your Review glad you like it. posting a new chapter Saturday
Link to comment
On 09/30/2014 05:49 AM, Ang3l said:
Hey mate,

Great beginning. I'm really intrigued, and I feel that you recreate the magical feeling of the original books just fine.

One thingthough: I think this has the potential to be a great story in its own right so I wouldn't lay on the gay thing too much, too quick if I were you. Otherwise, I fear it may turn into one of those sappy love stories of which there are thousands on GA.

 

I hope you won't keep us waiting too long.

 

Cheers,

Hey thanks for the review,

Ya I'm not a big fan of the rushed sappy gay love story either. This will not be one of them, i have things planned out for 7 years worth of story actually so I'm defiantly going to take my time with it. But as I said in my forward they are only 11 so mostly it is going to be a lot of secret crushing and internal angst for now.

as far as new chapters, I'm posting the new one Saturday so give it a look see and I hope you like it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..