Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,610 Words
  • 1,780 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer Ended with a Storm - 6. Chapter 6

“Are you sure that you have everything that you need?”

“Yes, I’ll be fine. It’s just one day and night.”

“You sure? Because I can have Ms. Roark come in and check on you every now and then.”

“She’ll probably be doing that anyway. Andy will probably be here. There’s a Sci-Fi marathon on today and we were supposed to watch it.”

“Okay, well, you kids don’t get too wild.”

“We won’t. Now go or you’re going to be late for the bus.” I said.

Grampa walked out of the door and I closed it behind him.

As soon as I saw his taxi leave, I ran to the phone and dialed the number.

“Nick? Yeah, he left. Good, see you in a few.”

I hung up and ran to the bathroom mirror. I made sure every hair was in place and my clothes were neat. I heard a knock on the front door.

I ran to get it, but before I did, I smoothed my clothes one last time. I opened the door and Andy walked in.

“All right! Sci-Fi marathon. I hope you bought the popcorn.”

“Shit, Andy, I…I can’t.”

“Why not? Your grampa’s gone right?”

Just then Nick walked behind me ad put his arms around my waist and kissed me from behind. Andy turned and saw.

“I…Nick and I are gonna spend some time together.”

“You don’t mind do ya buddy?” asked Nick, with his arms still around my waist.

Andy cleared his throat and looked down. “No, I’ll just, I’ll just go.”

Andy walked passed us and out the doorway.

“Andy, we can hang tomorrow!” I called.

“Whatever!” he called back.

“Shit,” I muttered.

“Call him later. He’ll be okay.” said Nick.

I closed the door and Nick and I went to the couch. I turned the TV on. But we didn’t want watch TV. We went straight to the making out part.

Our lips parted and I could feel Nick’s heavy, minty breath.

“I never thought I would want a guy so much. I never thought that I would want anyone, anyone as much as I want you.”

“I want you too. I’ve wanted you since the first moment that we met.”

Our lips met again and our tongues teased each other and his hand found it’s way to my crotch. He started rubbing. But we were interrupted…by my mother.

“Dylan?”

I looked up, horrified.

“Mom!…Mom, I…I can explain.”

“I don’t want you to explain.”

Nick got up from the couch and sped out of the house faster than an Olympic runner.

“I can’t believe this, Dylan.” she looked to the ground. “You’ve deceived me in the worst way. I don’t want to know you. I don’t want to be your mother. You can rot in hell as far as I’m concerned and that’s where you’re going.”

“Mom I-…”

She didn’t let me finish. She left. I wiped the tears that I barely noticed were running down my face and tried to run after her, but her cab was already gone.

“Mom!” I screamed after her, the taste of salty tears in my mouth. I could feel myself shaking from head to toe. I’d never felt more shitty in my entire life. I felt dirty and exposed. I fell to my knees right there on the walk. I didn’t have the energy to stand any longer. The neighbor happened to be Amanda. She came running out.

“Dylan, Dylan are you okay?” She bent over me and put her arms around me. “Come on, I’m taking you inside.”

I got up and I went inside. She followed me. I sat on the couch, where Nick and I sat just a few minutes ago, and Amanda sat next to me.

“What the hell happened?” she asked.

“That was my mother. She just disowned me.”

“What? Why would she do that?”

“Because I’m gay.”

“O-Oh…I…I’m sorry.”

“No, I’m sorry. I should’ve told you when, when I noticed that you liked me. I was just scared.”

“No, it’s fine. There was no harm done.”

“Does, does anyone else know?”

“Andy. Andy knows.”

“No wonder you two are so close.” She paused. “Is there anything I can do?”

“No, there isn’t. Thank you for coming in with me, but you can go now if you need to be somewhere.”

“Well, I do need to be at work, but I can, I can call Andy to come and stay with you.”

“No, I just want to be alone.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea, Dylan. You shouldn’t be alone. Not while you’re this upset.”

“I’m fine. I’m tired. I think I’ll just take a nap.”

I got up and left for me room. I assumed Amanda let herself out. I stripped down and got into bed. I closed my eyes and when I opened them, Andy was sitting beside me, stroking my forehead.

“Hey you,” he whispered.

I smiled. It felt good to see him. “Hey. Did Amanda call you? I told her that she didn’t have to.”

“I’m glad she did. Dylan why didn’t you call me yourself. You know I would’ve been here in a second.”

I sat up in my bed. “I didn’t know if you were mad at me or not.”

“For what?”

“Ditching you for Nick.”

“My world doesn’t revolve around you Dylan. I’m not mad…A little disappointed maybe, but not mad.”

“He ran, Andy. Just like you said he would. As soon as my mom walked through the door, he ran.”

“Dylan I’m…I’m sorry.”

“I’ve been hearing that a lot today. I’m getting kind of sick of it. I don’t want you people to be sorry for me. I shouldn’t have even let you get so close to me. I’m just gonna have to leave and we’ll probably never see each other again.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Why not? It’s true…Well, then again…my mother doesn’t want anymore to do with me so, I don’t really have anything to go back to. You might be stuck with me forever.”

“That doesn’t sound so bad to me.”

I reached over and put my arms around Andy. He returned the hug.

“Andy, I have no idea how I got through life without you.”

“Same here, Dylan.”

Our hug broke. Andy got up and I got dressed.

“Do you want me to call Nick?” asked Andy.

“I can’t ask you to do that. I know how you feel about him. I’ll call Nick.”

* * *

Andy left and I called Nick. He didn’t pick up. I called his house, no one was home. I walked to the lake, he was no where to be found. I even looked at Norm’s Hardware. He wasn’t there.

I drove slowly back to grampa’s house and after I had just settled onto the couch, there was a knock on the door. It was Emily.

“H-Hey Emily. What’s up?”

“I was just wondering…have you seen you Nick?”

“No, no I haven’t seen Nick. I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. I’ve been trying to call him for the passed hour. I just figured that you might know where he’s at. He talks about you a lot lately.”

“Yeah, I…I don’t know where he is.”

“Are you okay?” asked Emily with her head tilted and her worry face on.

“Yeah, I’m just going through some stuff right now, but…I’m sorry that I couldn’t tell you where Nick is.”

“It’s okay, but…is there anything that I can do for you?”

“No, no I’m fine. I just have a lot on my mind.”

“Okay…well, if you need anything just call me.” said Emily.

Damn the people in this town, they’re all so nice.

“Okay, thank you and again I’m sorry that I couldn’t tell you where Nick is.”

Emily left and I went back to my couch. Then, my cell vibrated. Shit, could I not have a moments peace. I took that comment back, though, when I saw that it was Andy calling.

“So, did you get a hold of Nick?”

“No, I can’t find him anywhere. It’s as if he’s disappeared.” I said.

“Shit, I’m sorry dude.”

“Are you now?”

“Oh come on. I may not like Nick, but that doesn’t mean I want him to hurt you.”

“H-He hasn’t h-hurt me.”

Andy sighed. “Dylan, I can hear it in your voice.”

“It’s no big deal. I don’t know what I was thinking, falling for Nick so quickly anyway.”

“Why don’t you come over. It’s movie night. We’re watching An Affair to Remember.”

“I, I couldn’t intrude on your family time.”

“You are my family, Dylan.”

I wanted to cry. I’ll say it again and I’ll say it a million times. I’ve never, ever had a friend like Andy; one that considers me his family and vice/versa.

“So, are you gonna answer me?” asked Andy.

“Well who can say no to Cary Grant?”

I sense Andy’s smile.

“We aren’t watching the movie until later, but you can come over now if you want.”

“Okay, I’ll be right over.”

* * *

“Oh, Dylan. Andy told me that you would be over for movie night. I’m so glad you can come. I just dreaded thinking of you over in that house all alone. Come in.”

“Thanks Ms. Roark.”

“Oh enough of this Ms. Roark business. Call me Gina.”

I smiled. “Alright.”

I walked in and went straight to Andy’s room. He was reading.

“What’s up nerd?”

“Just because I like school.” said Andy, closing his book.

I sat on the bed next to him, leaning back on the headboard. Andy, sitting directly next to me. I put my head on his shoulder.

“Don’t tell me you’re gonna be all depressed the entire time you’re here?” asked Andy.

“I’m not depressed. I just felt like resting my head a bit.” I said, which was true. I never felt depressed when I was with Andy.

“So, what’s with the old movie for movie night?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s a rule. We never show a movie that was made passed 1965.” said Andy.

“That’s awesome I wish my mom--Well, it’s awesome.”

“I’m sorry, Dylan.” Andy took my hand in his. “How are you doing?”

“I guess being with you makes me forget.”

“Well, we should get going. My mom will have the popcorn ready soon. That’s another rule. There’s always tons of popcorn.”

“Where do I sign up to be a part of this family?” I asked, laughing.

“I told you, you already are.” said Andy. “Let’s go. I can feel my mom thinking about barging in right about now.”

We got up and left his room. We walked into the TV room. Gina was setting down the last of three big bowls of popcorn on the coffee table.

“Good, I was about to go get you boys.” said Gina.

“I told you.” Andy smiled at me.

He made me laugh.

“Let’s sit down. Susan, put the movie in.” said Gina.

The four of us packed onto the couch after Susan put the video tape in. The movie stared and Cary came onto the screen. I’d never felt more comfortable in my life. I was sitting with my best friend in the whole world and his family, eating popcorn and watching one of the greatest stars in the world.

I’d never felt closer to Andy. I wanted so much to just curl up next to him or hold his hand, but I knew that he would freak out. But…then…I didn’t have to hold his hand, because, he held mine first. I looked at him and then to his mother who hadn’t noticed yet.

“I don’t care anymore.” he whispered. “Mom.”

“Shh, Honey, watch the movie.”

“Mom, I have to tell you something.”

“Yes, Honey, I know that you’re gay. Now shush and watch the movie.”

“You’re gay?” asked Susan.

“Wait, mom, how did you know?”

“I’m your mother, Andy. I’ve known for a while. Now, I want to watch the movie. We can talk about this later.”

I smiled at Andy and he put his arm around me. I scooted in closer and rested my head on him.

The movie eventually ended shortly before the popcorn ran out.

“Well, that movie never gets old.” said Gina. “So, Susan, go to your room. I need to talk to you brother.”

“No, it’s okay. She can stay. I want her to hear be included too. In case she has any questions.”

“Well, I just want you to know that I have no problem with it. I support you and Dylan all the way.”

“Whoa, mom, me…and Dylan aren’t together.”

“But…you two were holding hands throughout the entire movie.”

“And cuddling.” said Susan.

“Andy and I…” I started.

“We’re just friends.” Andy finished.

“O-Oh, I see.”

“Yeah, we’re just really close. We’re both going through the same thing. And…we have a lot in common so. That’s why we’re so close.” I said.

“So…you like guys?” Susan asked Andy. “The both of you do?”

“Yes,” said Andy.

“I just want you to know that I support you. You’re my son and I love you.” Gina wrapped her arms around Andy and then she took me in too.

“You boys. I’m so glad that you have each other.”

“Maybe I should go.” I said. “I don’t want to interrupt your family time.”

“No, I don’t want you to go.” said Andy.

“No, I really should.”

“You shouldn’t be alone. Especially not after what your mom did to you.”

“What did your mother do?” asked Gina.

“Nothing. Andy, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“He told his mom too. And she got upset and told him that he wasn’t her son anymore and that she didn’t want to be his mom.”

“Andy, I told you that I didn’t want to talk about it.”

“But, I’m worried about you. You can’t hear something like that from your own mother and be okay.”

“Dylan you poor thing. Andy is right. I don’t feel right letting you stay in that house alone. I want you to stay here with us. You can stay in Andy’s room.”

“I don’t want to impose again. I’ll just go.”

“I’m not taking no for an answer.” said Gina.

“Neither am I.” said Andy.

“Well, at least I know where Andy gets his pushiness.” I laughed, so did Andy and Gina. “Okay, I’ll stay.”

“It’s settled then.”

“Come on, let’s go to my room.” said Andy.

I followed Andy into his room. He took his shoes off right away, so did I. He hopped onto his beanbag loveseat and I sat next to him.

“This thing is so comfortable. Where’d you get it.”

“My mom ordered it from the internet. It was for one of my birthdays. I don’t quite remember which one.”

“Isn’t your birthday coming up soon?” I asked.

“Yup, I can’t believe I’m turning seventeen.”

“I’m gonna have to get you a big, big present.” I said.

“You don’t need to.”

“Of course I do. I couldn’t have gotten through this summer without you.”

“Aww, well in that case. You should get me a present the size of Canada.” said Andy.

I laughed and Andy put his arm around me. I scooted and rested myself on his body. “It’s true though, Andy.”

“I know. You only tell me like five million times a day.”

My cell vibrated. “It’s Nick.” I said as I looked at the caller ID.

“Oh,” said Andy. He took his arm from around me. “Y-You should answer it.”

“I don’t know if I want to. I might get sucked back into his drama.” I said.

“Just answer it, or don’t.” snapped Andy. I finally answered.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I knew Nick was flaky -_- I think Andy has a crush on Dylan, his mood always changes whenever Nicks name is brought up. I hope they end up together actually I hope he ends up with anyone but Nick, I hate it when the main characters end up with total jerks :/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..