Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 1,805 Words
  • 1,547 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer Ended with a Storm - 7. Chapter 7

1. The Lake2. First Kiss3. BFF4. Hold Me5. Hilltop Fireworks6. Mommie Dearest7. Wriggling Fish8. Rest Easy9. The Note10. The Storm11. Spectacular! Spectacular!
“I know I have some explaining to do.” said Nick.

“Damn right you do. Andy was right about you the entire time.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“He said that when things got tough, you would go running, that you wouldn’t stand by me and he was right. As soon as my mom saw us, you were out the door faster than anyone could sat ‘In the closet’.”

“I got scared, Dylan. I thought she would blab to the whole town or something.”

“She doesn’t know anyone in this town, Nick. We live in New York.”

“I just panicked okay. I was embarrassed.”

“Embarrassed to be seen with me.”

“No, that’s not it.”

“I don’t even care. You ditching me wasn’t even the worst part of today.”

Nick and I were at the lake. Sitting, looking at the reflection of the moon on the water.

“What do you mean? What did your mom say?”

“Oh, nothing, she just disowned me, said she didn’t want to be my mother anymore. It’s not like it’s a big deal or anything.” I said sarcastically. He tried to put his arm around me. I smacked it away. “Don’t touch me.”

“I’m sorry Dylan. I wish I could take it back, but I can’t.”

“That’s right you can’t. And wishing you can isn’t going to change anything either.”

“So what? Is that it for us?”

“I just can’t handle being with someone who isn’t ready to accept themselves, is even scared to.”

“I’m not scared.”

“But, didn’t you just say a few minutes ago that you left me hanging because you were scared?”

“I want this to be something. I want us to be something. I told you today that I want you. I want you so badly and that hasn’t changed.”

“I want you too, Nick. But this just isn’t worth it. You’re not ready for a gay relationship yet. Maybe in a few years you will be, but right now…it’s not possible.”

Nick grabbed me and put his lips on mine. At first I fought it, but then, the kiss just felt so good that I gave in. He ended up on top of me, rubbing his hips into mine, making me go hard in like two seconds. He started rubbing my crotch, very similar to the way he did this morning. His kisses moved from my lips to my neck and I started breathe a little more heavily. He started to unbuckle my pants and started to feel around my bellybutton.

His hands moved up my shirt and felt my chest softly. He lifted my shirt up and started to kiss my chest. I just rubbed the back of his head as he made his way to down my abs.

“Are you sure?” I asked him.

“I’ve never been more sure of anything.” he answered.

* * *

I climbed into Andy’s room from the window, beaming from the experience that I had just had.

“I’m guess by the smile you have on your face that you’re back together.” said Andy.

I jumped onto Andy’s bed next to him. “Not only are we back together. Andy…we slept together.”

“Oh, that’s…that’s great. I’ll be back. I’ve got to take a shower.”

Andy left and I stayed, basking in my glory. About ten minutes later, Andy walked back in with only sweat pants on and I thought, he’s actually really hot, but anyways.

“I’ve got to go to bed. I’ve got yard work to do for my mom tomorrow.” said Andy.

As he sat on the bed, getting ready to lay down and I saw his eyes.

“You’re eyes, they’re really red and puffy. Do you have allergies or something?” I asked.

“No, I…” he turned away. “I just got some shampoo in my eyes.”

“Oh, okay. We should get a good night’s sleep. My grampa will be back early and he’ll have a cow if he gets home and I’m not there.”

Suddenly we heard the front door bell. I already had my t-shirt off and I didn’t want to put it back on so I just followed Andy to the door without it, him still without his as well. It was grampa.

“So it’s true.”

“What?” I asked. I looked at Andy and I. It didn’t look pretty. “Grampa. Andy and I are just friends. What are you doing back so early?”

“I got a hysterical call from your mother. She was yelling at me telling me like I had turned you into a homo. Is it true?”

“Yes, it is.” I said confidently.

“Oh, Dylan. Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“I’ve never told anyone.” I said.

“Can you come back to the house? I want to talk to you more about this.”

“Sure, I’ll be right back.”

I quietly rushed to Andy’s room. Andy followed me.

“How do you think he’ll take it?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I said, picking up my shirt.

“Well, I’m here if you need me.”

“Thanks, bro.” I gave Andy a good hug and went home with grampa.

* * *

“Okay, now sit down.” said grampa. We sat on the couch. “Talk to me Dylan. What’s going on?”

“I’m gay, grampa. That’s what’s currently going on. I guess it’s been going on all my life.”

“I come from a very different time, Dylan. Growing up, homosexuality was simply wrong and that’s my view on the situation. But, there have been discoveries about homosexuality that people from my time didn’t have, like the fact that it’s been scientifically proven that homosexuality is something that people are born with. It’s a part of you Dylan and you’re my grandson, I love you no matter what. I love you no matter who you love.”

I could’ve cried, but I didn’t. I simply gave my grandpa a hug.

“No, as for your narrow minded mother, there’s nothing I can do to change her mind I’m afraid. Of course, you’re welcome to stay here, or you can go to live with your Aunt Katherine, who I’ve already spoken to.”

My aunt Kat was my dad’s slightly younger sister and my grampa’s daughter. She had three kids. One was just older than me and the other two, twins, were thirteen; all boys. She lived not far away from Meek, in Portland. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to live with her. I love my grampa, but living with him can be kinda stuffy. Then again, Andy and Nick are here in Meek. I could never leave them.

“I don’t know. I’ll have to think.”

“You do that. Like I said, you have the option of staying here, but you also have the option of staying in Portland with your Aunt Katherine.”

“So, is that it because I’m kinda beat and Andy asked me to call and tell him how it went.”

“You and Andy…”

“Are just friends grampa.” I finished. “He’s my best friend.”

“Oh, okay.” said grampa, he sounded a bit relieved.

I went into my room, turned on the light and got out my cell to dial Andy. He didn’t pick up so I assumed he was asleep so, I went to sleep myself.

* * *

The next morning, Andy invited me to go fishing at the lake with him. His mom wanted to make fish for dinner so it was his job to catch it because she didn’t like store bought fish. I jumped at chance even though I hated fishing, but it was some time with Andy.

“Are you sure you want to go?” asked grampa. “You’ve never been fishing in your life.”

“Well, Andy will show me.” I said.

“Okay, well, here’s my pole.”

Grampa handed me his pole. It wasn’t prepped or anything. I told him Andy would help me with that too.

I walked to the lake, fishing pole in hand, having no idea what I was in for. I’ve never been fishing before. I didn’t know what to expect. I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a fish alive before.

I arrived at the lake and Andy was waiting for me. He sat beside his mother’s wooden boat holding a tackle box.

“Finally, I’ve been waiting for over ten minutes.” said Andy.

“Sorry, my grampa wouldn’t let me go before he made sure I had everything I needed. He even made a sandwich for me.” I said.

“Get in.” said Andy.

I climbed into the boat and Andy started to push it into the lake. He got in, getting a little wet and used the oar to push us out further. Andy oared us out to the middle of lake. He started to tie a hook to my line and bate it.

He came behind me and guided me on how to cast the line. It felt good to be close to him.

My feelings about Andy were confusing me more and more. Sure, Andy was my best friend, but my feelings for him were starting to grow more great. I thought about him all the time. I wanted to be with him all the time. There would be no other reason that I would a agree to go fishing. I was afraid that I might be falling in love with Andy.

I was in the middle of thinking and suddenly, something pulled my pole. Shit. What do I do? Should I tell Andy or try to impress him by bringing it in on my own. Shit. I can’t.

“Andy! I think I caught something!”

Andy rushed to my side. “Okay, okay calm down.” He took the pole from my hands and started to reel it in.

At the end of the line was this huge fish. It flapped and flailed all over the place. It almost hit me. And…I did something that I’m not exactly proud of…I started to freak out.

“Oh shit. No! Get it away from me. It’s gross.”

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of the fish?” asked Andy laughing. He took the fish off the hook and stuck it in my face. It wriggled in his hand. I stretched myself away from it.

“Ew, get it away from me. Stop doing that.” I shook in disgust.

Andy just chuckled and put the fish in the icebox. “Okay, just one more fish and we can get outta here.”

“Thank God.” I said.

“If you hate fishing so much, why’d you come?”

“Hello! You’re my best friend. I like spending time with you.”

“So, you would do something you hate just to spend time with me?”

“That’s what best friends are for.”

Andy smiled. He has a wonderful smile. I sighed. I’ve fallen in love with my best friend.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..