Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,419 Words
  • 1,756 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer Ended with a Storm - 11. Chapter 11

I opened my eyes and looked at the alarm clock beside me. It was nine in the morning. I looked down on my chest, Andy’s hand was resting there. I looked at Andy and he was lying on his stomach less than an inch away from me. I softly stroked his wavy brown hair and put my head back down.

There was no tapping so the storm must’ve passed through already. I put my hand on top of Andy’s and he lifted his beautiful little head. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled and then kissed my cheek.

“Morning,” he said in a groggy voice.

“Morning,” I whispered back.

I got up and I walked to the bathroom. I did my business and I came back out. Andy’s was sitting up now, rubbing the sleep out of his eye. I went to go wake my uncle Jeff who was still snoring away. When I shook him, he made this snorkeling sound and then started to look around.

“Hey, did the storm pass?”

“Yup, we should get going.” I said.

* * *

Jeff was still beat for some reason, so, I drove with Andy in the passenger seat and Jeff conked out in the backseat.

“So, what are our plans for the next few days?” asked Andy.

“Hmm, I don’t know. Just being with you is enough for me.” I said.

“True, but we can’t just stay in your aunt’s house for three days.”

“Well, what if we were in bed?” I asked suggestively.

Andy smiled and blushed a bit. How did I ever carry on without this boy in my life

* * *

We arrived in Portland in record time. I confess that I pushed the speed limit a bit. I wanted to get to Portland fast so that I could spend as much time with Andy as possible.

You may be thinking, Dylan, your grandfather just died, shouldn’t you be in morning? Well, I’ve never been much of a mourner. When my dad died, I missed him a lot, but I knew that he wouldn’t want me to waste time mourning him when I could be having my own life. I know the same is for my grampa.

My grampa was a ‘love life’ kinda person. He wouldn’t want me to miss out on anything. And, well, I think of my grampa all the time. He always on my mind. But, my happiness sort of…crushes the sadness that I fell. That’s why I know that this thing with Andy…I know it’s for real.

“Andy, it’s good to see you.” said Kat with little enthusiasm. She looked tired, like she hadn’t slept for a while.

“I hope it’s okay that he stays here, Kat.” I said.

“Of course, any friend of Dylan’s…” said Kat to Andy.

“Well, I’m not here as Dylan’s friend.” said Andy. He took my hand in his and lifted it up. “I’m here as his boyfriend.”

“Oh, isn’t that sweet. So you two finally admitted to yourselves that you belong together.”

I laughed. “Yeah, it took a while, but…it was all me.”

“I’ll help you put your stuff in your room.”

“No, no it’s okay. Andy and I can handle it.” I said.

“Yeah,” Andy agreed.

Andy and I went back out to the car and started to get out my bags and his. He went ahead to the room and I still had to grab a few things. After, I went into the room and I found Andy laying on the bed with his eyes closed. I quietly put my stuff down and snuck up to him and when I got closer I hopped on top of him.

“Ahhh!” he screamed. “Hey!” he said as he realized it was me.

“Stop being so lazy.” I said with a smile.

“I never wanna stop if it gets you on top of me.”

Our lips touched. He started to slide his hands down my back. They slipped into my pants. I pulled away.

“We have to control ourselves,” I said. “Someone could walk in.”

“So let them. That makes it more exciting.” said Andy.

“Andy…I’ve never seen this side of you…I like it.”

I brought our lips back together. Andy started to thrust his hips forward. I started to get way too excited, but…there was a knock at the door. We broke apart just as Kale walked in.

“Oh, sorry…” He squinted. “Um, my mom told me to call you guys for lunch.”

I fought my giggle. “Okay, thanks we’ll be right there.”

Kale left looking a little red in the face.

Andy started to giggle. “Let’s go. I’m really hungry.”

* * *

“So, Andy, are you excited for school? You’re a senior right? Just like Dylan and Jasper.” asked Jeff.

“Yeah, I’ll be a senior and, um, yeah I guess I’m as excited as I can be for school.” said Andy.

“Oh admit it, you’re excited. I’m always catching you reading up and all that.” I said.

“Okay, well, I like school, but…I don’t know…it’s kind of scary going into school now that, ah, now that everyone knows that I’m gay.”

We sat eating out mini enchiladas and refried beans for lunch.

“Oh, I’m sure it’ll be fine.” said Kat.

“Yeah, everyone loves you Andy.” I reassured him.

“Not Blake.”

“Oh, I forgot about Blake. Look, Blake won’t give you a hard time because he knows that he’ll have to answer to me the next time he sees me.”

“Dylan, I’ve got to learn to take care of myself. You’re not going to be there for me. Blake isn’t going to care because you’re not there.”

“Who’s this Blake character?” asked Kat.

“Just the town jerk-off.” I said. “When I first met him, he pushing Andy around, but I made sure that he wouldn’t bother him again.”

“Damn, what did you do?” asked Jasper.

“Well, he tried to sucker punch me, but I ducked and popped him in the stomach.”

“Your grandfather couldn’t have been happy about that.” said Kat. “He hates fighting.”

“Well, he wasn’t, but he let it slide.”

“What? Why?” asked Kat.

“Well, Andy’s mom called saying how she was so grateful to me and she told him what I did. He was proud of me.”

“Hmm, well, you were lucky.” said Kat.

“Hey, mom, can I go to see the Craze? They’re playing tonight at the Lounge.” said Jasper.

“I don’t know. How late would you be if you went?”

“Um, well, they go on at nine, maybe later if they run late so probably like eleven or so.” said Jasper.

“Well, okay. How are you going to get there?”

“Ah….the car.”

“Oh no you don’t mister, you’ve only had your license for a month.”

“Oh, come on mom.” Jasper pleaded.

“I can take him, Kat.” I said.

“How long have you had your license?” she asked.

“I’ve had it for almost a year.”

“Please mom. The last thing I want is for my mother to take me.” said Jasper.

“Well, okay.” said Kat. “As long as you are careful.”

* * *

“So, what do you want to do today?” I asked Andy. I sat on my bed tossing around a small beanie baseball and Andy sat on the desk chair.

“I don’t know. I think I’d like to just stay here.” said Andy. “Besides, you have to take Jasper to that show tonight.”

“Well, you’re coming too aren’t you?”

“Isn’t it like a cousin thing?”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I don’t want to intrude.” said Andy, putting his head down.

“Ugh, you’re not intruding. You’re my boyfriend. I want you to come.”

“Is it okay with Jasper?”

“I don’t care if it is. If it wasn’t for me, Kat would be taking him.”

* * *

The three of us walked into a place called “The Lounge”. It was sort of an eccentric place full of lots of different kinds of people.

Jasper looked as if he was king in there. He slapped hands, shook hands or hugged almost everyone. When he finally met the group he was meeting with, he introduced us.

There was his girlfriend, Steph, that I’m pretty sure Kat didn’t know about. She was tall, like Jasper, with long flowing brown hair and wonderful amber eyes.

There was Zero, who he introduced as his best friend. He was tall and lean and had this wonderful wavy dark brown hair that reminded me of Andy’s and light blue eyes. He’s also Steph’s twin brother.

“Why do they call you Zero?” I asked Zero.

“Actually, I don‘t really know.” said Zero.

Then there was Marc. He was tall as well with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. He was sort of the sore thumb of the group of them, but he didn’t seem to mind. He was a nice guy.

“So, you guys are….together?” asked Steph.

“Yeah,” I said, holding Andy’s hand and smiling.

“That’s awesome.” said Marc. “You should fit right in at our school.”

“Oh, well, I live in Meek. It’s about four hours away.” said Andy.

“Oh no, how do you guys do it?” asked Steph.

“Well, we just got together and hopefully we can be together after high school is over.” I said.

The band went on and the fans went wild. Jasper and his friends rushed to the front row and they all started to dance and jump up and down.

I put my hand out palm up in front of Andy. “Shall we?” I asked, my mouth next to his ear.

He smiled at me and took my hand. We went to the space in front of the stage and started to dance to the fast paced pop rocky music.

A few songs down the line and we decided to rest.

“Wow, this band is really good.” said Andy leaning into me.

“Yeah, they’re awesome.” I agreed.

Jasper came running over to us.

“What’s up you guys? Why aren’t you dancing anymore?”

“We’re just a little tired.” I answered.

“Hey, I just wanna thank you for bringing me. You don’t know how horrible it would be if my anybody would’ve saw my mom dropping me off.”

“It’s no problem. We’re having a blast.” I said.

“Well, their set’s almost over. You should get up there if you wanna get one more dance in.”

We followed Jasper back onto the dance floor. The song we were dancing to was sort of fast paced, but we were still a little tired so our dancing sort of turned into grinding and grinding turned into a lip locked dance. I just couldn’t resist him, not after an entire summer of resisting him, sub-consciously of course.

* * *

We tip-toed back into the house. Andy and I went to my room. As soon as I closed the door, I wanted have Andy close to me.

I closed the door, turned around and there he was. He was just standing there, looking at me. He is so beautiful.

I walked slowly over to him. “Hey,” I said low and as sexy as I could. He smiled at me and took my hand. He looked down and blushed. “Hey, we don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.”

“I want to. I want this.” he said as he pulled me closer. He brushed his hand on my cheek. “I love you.”

Our lips touched and I pulled him in to intensify the kiss. He started to unbutton my shirt, revealing my chest. He slid his hands down my chest and to my belt. He slowly unbuckled my belt and took it out of my belt loops. He pulled down my pants and the entire innocence and my relationship with Andy went out the window.

* * *

I opened my eyes to the surprise of the sun coming through the window. Andy lay on his side beside me. I had my arm around him. I tightened my hold on him slightly and he nuzzled his head into his pillow. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

When I opened them again, two hours later, he was facing me. His eyes started to flutter open. He smiled when he saw me. He pecked a kiss.

“Morning,” he whispered.

“Morning,” I whispered back.

“Last night was amazing.”

“Oh, I don’t think it was so amazing.” I said, seriously.

“Oh, I…I’ve…”

“It was spectacular!” I yelled grabbing him and rolling us around in the bed. “But now, I’m starving and I smell bacon.”

* * *

Before I knew it, Andy had to leave. He had to leave on his birthday coincidently. He really wanted to spend the day with me, but his mother wouldn’t let him.

“I got a present for you. It was all that I could think of.” I said.

“Oh, you didn’t have to.” said Andy, blushing.

I brought my hand from behind me and I held out a single orange tulip. It was his favorite flower in his favorite color.

We both giggled at the cheesy gift. “Thank you,” he said, taking the flower.

“Be good over in Meek, okay.” I said, holding his hand. He blushed.

“I want you to promise to call me at least once a week. I know busy things can get during school.”

“I promise.” I said.

I brought him closer to me and embraced him. “I’m gonna miss you so much,” he said.

“I love you, Andy.”

“I love you too, Dylan.”

I watched as Andy got onto the bus. I watched until I had to squint to see the bus. I looked around and people at the bus station who had also just said goodbye to loved ones were staring at me. I couldn’t take it, so I left.

I drove and I drove. I drove back to Kat’s house, but on the way I did a lot of thinking.

I came to Oregon hating my life, hating the life I had with my mother. I didn’t want to come to Oregon, but now I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. Anywhere else didn’t have Andy.

I got to spend time with my grandfather before he left this earth and for that I am totally thankful. I spent time to get to know and love him. Like I got to know and love Oregon and the people in it, especially Andy.

I don’t exactly know how I’ll deal without him, but I’m sure I’ll figure something out.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was a beautiful story, so happy to see a character not end up with the guy that treated him like crap throughout the whole chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I agree a friend can last for a lot longer than a boyfriend, so I can understand why he was worried. Dylan's world has certainly had some ups and downs.  It is good that it ended on a high. Thank you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..