Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 756 Words
  • 1,543 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A World Between - 3. Letter 3 (Revised)

p style="text-align:center;">

I have written many adventure, drama and romance books with LGBTQI+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. Be sure to subscribe, I give away free stuff, limited printed editions of my novels and more.

   

My Website:

www.dk-daniels.com

   

My social media and newest books.

   

Social & Newest Reads:

https://linktr.ee/dkdaniels

 

 

Dear Ryan, did I mention in my last letter I am playing in the school band? I'm not sure how I did it because I didn't even apply for the thing, but Ms Watson searched me out at Lunch period and congratulated me on making the team. I'm not sure if she was more begging me to consider coming back this year. I don’t know why, but I sorta caved and agreed for some reason. I have no idea why I did that before having all the facts. I guess having a distraction could help. I’m feeling genuinely better this week, compared to the other weeks. I don't know why I'm only now starting to get over things, but I don't mean it that way when I say‘ get over things.'

It's just; I don't know… It's hard to say it in words, and it's hard to write what I'm feeling. It's like this piece of my chest has been drilled through, far to the other side, and there is a significant tunnel burrowed and visible as you'd see in all those horror movies. I remember violence in film grossed you out, even though you were on an entirely gross stage of your own. Is it strange that I miss the weirdness? For the life of me, I'll never know why your farts were so volatile, or why you'd start discussing different code names for your shit at the dinner table. Yeah, I'll admit they were horribly funny at the time, but, of course, it's customary to say such things are disgusting. Especially when you are eating something that resembles sick or shit when you look at it.

The movie you wanted to see is out in theatres. You know the one you waited an entire year to see. I know you loved the first one and you practically dragged me along to watch it with you. Even when I wasn't remotely interested, but I have to say I secretly enjoyed it. I don't know why I was pretending not to like it; it's like if you do something you're not accustomed to, then you're not sure if you should be doing it. At the same time, if you do something you're not accustomed to, you feel better for having done it. I'm glad I went to see that movie with you. I thought I could go and see it, but then I remembered it's something you and I should do together. I'm not exactly sure how I can just pick up someone else and go with them, considering it was you who introduced me to the franchise. But regarding your… em… you know…, I'll figure something out; I know you'll want all the intel on the movie. Where the first film ended was really on a cliff-hanger, and you drove me crazy with all your theories for over a month on how you thought it would conclude. So, if I do anything for us at all, then I'll do that.

Oh, and em… I found one of your hoodies in my closet. I don't know how it got there, but I know it's yours. It's not just ONE of your hoodies; it's the red one. You know, your favourite one. I didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't bring myself to give it to your Mom or… no…, I don’t think I could get rid of it. That’s insulting. Instead, I sorta pulled it on and wore it today. I'm still wearing it now, while I’m sitting at the iron sailor by the sea. It feels natural to wear it; I’m sorry if you disapprove. If you don’t want me to wear it, I won’t. It's just I could get your YOU smell of it… That sounded weird… sorry. I’m just thinking out loud. But is it weird, if I miss your YOU smell? I don't know, but I like it and miss it at the same time because it reminds me of you. It's not gay or anything, I swear… It's just… I know it's something you wore and that you liked. I wore it proudly though… I know it's wrong, and I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't think about it like this, but it's just, I don't know, I mis… I miss you, man. There…, I said it. I'm not sure why it feels so hard to say it, but I do, I miss you.

Anyway, maybe I should get going… I have homework to do, which is a lot by far.

Anyway, later.

Jake

 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this tale. Drop me an email to let me know via my reader contact email: danny2017writing@outlook.com. You can help me by rating this story via Goodreads. Link below. The story is part of a collection called We Are Here. Doing this enables my stories to reach a larger audience and improves my rankings. Don’t forget also to visit my website and sign up for my mailing list. You can also view some of my older works by clicking on my pen name via the authors tab.

    

My Website:

www.dk-daniels.com

    

Follow me on social media, and peruse my newest books.

    

Social & Newest Reads:

https://linktr.ee/dkdaniels

This short story has a song dedicated to it as a soundtrack. I urge you to check out the song, which is called - Better Look Me In The Eyes by Dan Romer

 

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..