Jump to content
    DynoReads
  • Author
  • 412 Words
  • 516 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Don't Be Hacked - 2. Flight Grounded

That email from your bank might not be from your bank!

Cast

Bank Account Manager

High School Senior

Hacked, shadowy figure only seen from behind

 

FAde In:

Accounts all bare

Scene:

Office of banker, need a desk, computer, couple chairs.

High school senior is sitting in one, banker behind the desk at the computer

 

Banker

So what can I do for you, Logan?

Logan

I tried get money out of the ATM to make the last payment on my senior trip, but my balance is zero. What happened to my money?

 

Banker

I can help you with that. Let me see you ID and account number.

Logan hands the banker papers, and the banker starts typing on the computer.

banker

Do you know anyone in Russia? A large purchase was made with your account information at a Russian company.

Logan

I didn’t buy anything. I’ve been saving for that trip!

banker

I saw something like this just this morning. Did you get an email asking you to verify your security information for you bank account?

Logan

Yes, I opened the email and did everything it told me to do.

The banker pulls out some papers and hands them to Logan.

banker

Logan, I’m sorry, but you are a victim of a phishing attack. That email wasn’t from the bank, the link it provided was to this Russian company and allowed them to take your money. If you fill out this form, we can get your money back in 2 weeks.

 

Logan

Two weeks?! I can’t make my last payment. Can you tell me how I know it’s phishing, so I get scammed again?

banker

Absolutely, I can do that. In fact, we have a flyer on it, but I’ll tell you too. First, no bank will send an email asking you to verify your account information. Second, if you see any spelling errors, or oddly worded sentences, it’s probably phishing. But the easiest way to tell is to mouse-over the link url and look at the bottom of the browers. If the url doesn’t start with our bank’s web site address, it’s not real.

(end scene)

Hacked’s Den

Characters: Hacked – mysterious black figure

Props: a few computer screens, showing fuzzy information

Scene: Hacked’s den, a dark room with lots of computers

Hacked

(dark figure sits at the computers, should only be seen from behind)

Phishings is so much fun, especially when the catch is someone else’s money!

(figure laughs)

(end scene)

 

Fade Out:

The End

Copyright 2016 A McFaddin & RJ McFaddin, All Rights Reserved
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..