Jump to content
    Emanon
  • Author
  • 1,200 Words
  • 2,055 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Elementals - Prologue. Prologue

“Jordan, come on!” screamed a frantic Tom.

The boys had been on the run for the past two hours. Fatigue had started to creep into their bodies and all seemed grim.

“Keep going on ahead without me,” Jordan replied. “I’ll catch up with you are the bridge.”. Tom, unsure of what his friend’s plan was, was reluctant about leaving until he heard the footsteps of the people they had been running from. He was torn between staying or leaving his only friend behind.

“Tom, please go on ahead,” Jordan pleaded with tears in his eyes. “I’ll try distract them or at least give you time to escape.”

“What do you mean by ‘time to escape’?” Tom asked incredulously. “Either you come with me or we both stay here together!”. Jordan sighed and lowered his head. “I wish it hadn’t come to this,” he started, “but I guess I have no choice but to use what I’ve always never wanted to use in my life.”. Tom, utterly confused by his friend’s statement, asked to clarify what he meant.

“What I am about to reveal is something I have suppressed for years. I never liked using it and I sure as hell won’t enjoy doing it now, but you leave me with no choice Tom. What you need to remember is that what you see today, you are to never utter a single word about it as not a lot of people will understand what I possess. They’ll tear me apart and find what makes me tick. They’ll take me away from you and you’ll probably end up with your memory wiped so you never remember who I was or who you were even.”

Tom, still not sure what was happening or about to happen, nodded his head and promised to never speak about what was to occur.

What was about to occur, you see, is more of a supernatural experience for the people on Tom’s planet, but where Jordan was from, it was a natural occurrence. Jordan had superpowers. Well, to him, this was more of his mental capability rather than some comic book gimmick. Jordan had the ability to manipulate elements, but specifically earth. He was what was know on his planet as an earthbender and could manipulate rock, metal and lava to name a few earthy substances. He was a powerful earthbender on his planet, however one day, something he did got him sent to this planet, Tom’s planet.

Jordan began by gently shifting the earth so not to alert the men after them. He was going to cause the earth to collapse beneath them but needed to ensure that they did not notice this. “What are you doing?” asked Tom, still confused as to why his friend was on one knee, with his hand to the ground like he was trying to feel the earth for something. “I’ll explain this to you when we get out of this,” Jordan replied mysteriously.

After a few more seconds, Jordan had manipulated the earth enough for his plan to play out. Without any further delay, he let out a grunt and the earth beneath the men pursuing them collapsed and they were swallowed into a deep, dark abyss. “What just happened?!” Tom asked with a hint of fear in his voice. “Let’s keep going. As I said I’ll explain all of this to you when we reach our destination,” Jordan replied, a little tired of his friend’s curiosity.

Before either boy could move, Tom was suddenly flung into the air by some mysterious force and knocked his head against a tree. Jordan, a little stunned, turned to face what his tribe called an airbender. Normally, they we a very peaceful group of people who preached peace, but before leaving his planet, he had heard of some rouge airbenders lurking around and causing chaos.

“Who are you? Identify yourself!” Jordan shouted in the direction of the hooded airbender.

“My, my, how you’ve grown, Babe,” the hooded person replied coolly.

Jordan was confused at first, but then he recognized the voice, body structure and the use of the term ‘Babe’. Fear ran across his face as he realized the one person he tried to run from was now standing before him and showed no hope of letting him escape once more. Remembering that Tom was still there, he turned around only to see that Tom hovered above the abyss he had opened. It was then that he realized that he hooded guy was here to take him ‘home’.

“Ah, I see you noticed my ultimatum,” the hooded guy remarked with a smug look on his face. “Return home with me, and lover boy over there will live to see another day, but he will never see you again. Refuse, and I’ll kill him and still take you with me. The choice is yours.”

Jordan hung his head in shame. He knew there was only one option and he had no choice but to take it. “Fine, I’ll go with you as long as he is safe. Promise me his safety and I’ll go without a fight.”

“I see no problem with that. It would not benefit me to kill or spare the kid, but I see you have an emotional attachment to him, so I’ll spare him, for now,” the hooded airbender responded with no emotion in his voice.

“Can I at least say goodbye to him? I don’t know if we’ll ever meet again,” Jordan said while tears ran down his face.

“Fine. You have 2 minutes then we must get going. I have spent enough time on this horrible rock. The air here is horrible and difficult to manipulate.”

Walking up to Tom’s unconscious body, Jordan looked down at the boy he loved.

“I love you,” he whispered before he kissed Tom’s forehead and walked away from Tom and took off to go back to his planet

 

Tom woke up a few minutes after Jordan had left. “Jordan? Jordan??? JORDAN???!!!” he screamed as he suddenly realized that he was all alone and Jordan was nowhere in sight. His head hurt and he had no idea why. He just remembers that Jordan had opened the massive hole, that he was now sitting next to and then everything else was black. He then came to the suddenly realization that he was still sitting next to the massive abyss created by his friend and quickly stepped away from it.

"What’s going on here and where the hell is Jordan?" he thought to himself.

Dusting himself off, he decided to head home. Tired, alone, confused and missing his best friend, he started crying. He didn’t know why, but he felt like a part of him was missing with Jordan being absent from his side. After 2 and a half hours of walking, he neared the edge of his town. Just when he was about to embark down the hill to his hometown, he was ambushed by some men in black. He tried to struggle, but to no avail. They administered a drug into his system and he soon began to fall asleep and all the while, whimpering for Jordan to rescue him.

Thanks to all that took the time to read my first 'piece of art'. Please comment below. Negative criticism helps at times so don't be shy.
Copyright © 2018 Emanon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like the way you build up the introduction and suspense in this chapter.

It creates great interest and opens up many doors in my mind. I can see that this story has a lot of potential.

Looking forward to explore the direction this newly created world will take.

 

Thank you! 😊👍

Link to comment

So far it is pretty decent.  It has a good pace, nice mix of action and dialogue and leaves me wanting more.  Great first attempt.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..