Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 1,598 Words
  • 1,403 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Suicide Note - 2. A Letter By Francis

A letter again written by The Unknown Boyfriend Francis...

A Letter by Francis

"Do whatever you can. I want him as early as you can find him" The icy tone my boss used made me flinch. The person sitting in an official suit in front of me is my superior Mr. Keane Douglas. With approximately 10 years of experience, he was a tough guy to evaluate and so efficient in solving any kind of case. As a Chief Superintendent, even for his age, he was well built, strong and intelligent. He is sincere with his cases and solved a number of cases throughout his service. But now he was looking distant, and looking more disturbed than ever. This weird behavior is not like him. Not that I know.

He has been like this since we started working on this Suicide Note Case. It’s almost three days that we have been working on this case but its progress has been zero. Investigation is going on without any accurate path or destination. I don't know why he is so interested in solving this case. After all it is just a suicide note.

"What do his parents say?" The question itself brought me to the earth.

It was my duty to investigate initial information as an assistant to Mr. Douglas. I had already checked the entire apartment, where we found that suicide note. It gave us no clues. I think there have been some unidentified thefts occurred during victim's disappearance. I had interrogated those from where I think I can find some clues.

"Actually they're not interested in saying anything about him. It’s like they have nothing to do with him since he left the house a year ago." I told him as a matter of fact.

My name is Steve, and I am Assistant Chief Superintendent at the local police station. My boss, Chief Superintendent Keane and I were discussing David's case and note about his suicide possibilities. We are discussing the clues we have found in these three days. I wondered why my boss is so interested about this particular boy he hasn't met before.

We are at his office at the local police station, discussing this teenage boy and a 'Suicide Note' written by him. The apartment owner had called about a break in that occurred in flat 103 the evening before we found the note. The flat was rented to one David McAngel. When we searched the apartment, we just found that piece of paper written by him. We found evidence of a fight having occurred, but no indication of what happened to David.

"Did you tell them about the suicide note?" He enquired.

"They were so calm about it. I haven't seen such a lack of emotion on the faces of a family. They just said it is no matter for them." I said.

"No Charles, they must know something they don't want us to know." His voice was so deep and calm for the first time that day.

"Maybe and maybe not. I don't think they know more."

After three years as a co-worker, I was able to read his expressions. He is so distracted with this case, and I think somewhat disturbed. I can easily say something was bothering him.

"What about his school friends, any other information on that aspect?" My superior asked.

"Yes Sir. I interrogated his best friend Kristina. But she said nothing important related to the case other than David's unknown boyfriend." I replied.

"Boyfriend???" His expression was like he was shocked by this new information.

"Yes sir, boyfriend." I said. "And he is untraceable too." I added.

"Does he have a name, that boyfriend?" He snorted as if it is nothing to do with the case and more disturbed.

"No, sir" I sighed.

"Did any of Mr. David's friends know?"

"No sir. No one knows about him other than David."

"Don't you think this boyfriend of David's had anything to do with David's disappearance?" Keane asked curiously.

"We can't find out until we know who that person is."

"What are you planning then?" Keane asked curiously... again.

"Our men are already into it. We will find who he is, as early as possible." I said.

"Anything else I have to know?"

"I have put our men at both his father's house and his apartment. If there is something we'd be informed. I have already checked suicide spots around here, nothing to doubt and no clue of any suicide." I revealed.

"Come to me when you get anything about this boy and his boyfriend" His face was so relieved. He stressed the word 'boyfriend' as if he doesn’t like it. And he continued, "And recheck all the suicide spots around here again." He was distant again.

"Is there any possibility of a kidnap?" He asked as I was about to leave. He looked so stressed as he asked that question, and his voice was so deep.

"I'll give a word to our men to check on local goons." I told him. He was again thinking about something.

I was totally intimated by this behavior of Keane. I have to know what is going on with Mr. Keane Douglas. He has gone serious again and is thinking about something.

So finally I asked "Keane, what are you thinking? Is something bothering you??"

He knows I am serious when I called him by his first name. And he knows that I am not gonna leave it alone until he has told me why he is behaving like this.

"You know this boy David? I want him by any means. But I can't tell you right now why he is so important to m... to the case."

"But Keane...." I was about to ask, he stopped me by rising his hand up.

"No Steve. Not now"

"I think I have a right to know. After all I am involved with this case." I demanded.

"You are definitely going to know. But not right now." He just said the matter is over.

After that we discussed everything for some time. I went to my desk to recheck the case file. As the day comes to an end, we say our goodbyes and I headed to my house in my car thinking about today's events. I was dazed why Keane was so interested in this case. Why he was so eager to find David. I don't get what his intentions are with this case, and mostly with David.

I parked my car and entered into my house. No one is there to welcome me. As usual I was greeted by a silence filled house. I got freshened up and settled into my bed room to watch Prime Time. After two boring hours I went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up at about half past six. I find out there was a parcel on the night stand right beside my bed which I don’t remember having put there last night. I took my gun, and cautiously checked my whole apartment. There is nobody in here and all the locks were as I left them yesterday. There is no evidence that someone broke into the house to put the package there. When I checked the pack, it was an envelope and my name was written at the edge on the left side of it. I tore open the envelope to find a letter signed with the name Francis.

The letter says:

"Davy's Apartment, 10 PM. I want to meet you alone."

-Francis

 

********-----********

At Mr. Douglas's office, Keane was seriously thinking through all the issues he had gone over that day. He was in a rage because of his subordinate and his involvement with the case. He was already vexed with the problem created by David and he had to control the curiosity of his subordinate, Assistant Chief Superintendent Mr. Steve Charles.

The ring of his cell phone brought Keane into reality. He answered the call from an unknown number.

"Hello Chief Officer Douglas here..." Keane talked into his cell phone.

"Sir, it’s me" The person from the other side replied. Keane burned with rage when he got realized with whom he is talking.

"How many times I have told you not to call this number" Keane scolds into his phone.

"Sorry Sir, but it’s an emergency" The person said.

"What?" Keane asked calming his senses.

"We got a clue about Mr. David." The person's confidence brought Keane to attention. His eyes perked up and an evil smirk appeared on his face.

"What is it?" Keane asked curiously.

"It’s a person, Sir." He replied.

"Did you get him?" He asked.

"No Sir. We just got some details about him." He is trying to be calm expecting Keane's reaction.

"What is his name? And where does he live?" Keane enquired, somewhat disappointed.

"His name is Francis. He lives at Grey arena, North east." the person said looking at a picture of both David and Francis.

"Take him to your place, and make him spill the beans." Keane growled in the phone.

"But Sir, it will get our plan into trouble." He explained.

Keane was irritated by this and said "I know. Do as we planned for tomorrow. I want him ... by any means. Do you get it?"

"Yes Sir."

"And don't get caught by Steve Charles." He warned.

"Yes Sir, we will do as you said" With that the person hung the phone.

Thinking about his plan, Keane got his evil smirk back. Till now all the things were on track as he planned. It’s time to take the next step.

Thanks to Kobz, Drew and Kitt for their Support.
Thank you all for putting time to read my story. Feel free to Review and Comment. I'd Love to hear from You All.
Copyright 2015 The Eminent MGK; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, the formatting was better, but there were some things that I didn't understand from the way they were written.

 

Anyway...it seems like this Douglas guy is planning something relating to Davy. Now who was the guy on the phone? And how did someone get into Steve's apartment (house?) to plant Francis' note? And was it Francis? So many questions! Inquiring minds want to know (well, at least mine. lol). :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/28/2015 11:51 AM, Lisa said:

Well, the formatting was better, but there were some things that I didn't understand from the way they were written.

 

Anyway...it seems like this Douglas guy is planning something relating to Davy. Now who was the guy on the phone? And how did someone get into Steve's apartment (house?) to plant Francis' note? And was it Francis? So many questions! Inquiring minds want to know (well, at least mine. lol). :)

Sorry for the inconvenience... I know I am not Shakespeare though, so You have to bear some of my 'Stuff'...

 

For all the Questions I'd just say, all Inquiring Minds have to await for the chapters to come... Sorry for that too...

 

Thanq for the Review... :)

Link to comment
On 09/28/2015 03:48 PM, Defiance19 said:

Ohh, there's a mystery unfolding... Hope we don't wait too long to find out!

Ohhh D, sorry to say that it will have to wait to reveal all the mysteries... Hope You won't get disappointed... :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..