Jump to content
    Jack Scribe
  • Author
  • 2,614 Words
  • 2,591 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Splash In The Pool - 12. Chapter 12 Dave's Agreement

BRENT AND DAVE

Brent walked into the room with coat in hand and tie askew – a slightly rumpled version of the clothing he was wearing earlier at the Rendezvous. He sighed and closed the door. “We’ve got a lot of shit to discuss.”

Dave smiled and replied, “Why don’t you change first? While you’re doing that, I’ll go down to the rec room and get a couple of Cokes. Okay?”

“Good, because I’m a little thirsty. You need any change?”

“I’m good.” Dave got up, slipped on his flip-flops, knotted his robe and shuffled out the door.

Brent went to the closet and proceeded to pull off his shoes and socks, remove his pants, and neatly hang his suit in the closet. Undoing the tie, he returned it to the rack in accordance with his orderly color-coded filing system. His dirty shirt, briefs and socks were tossed into the hamper. Brent really wished he had time to take a quick shower in order to thoroughly wash off his ‘work’, but it was discussion time…pure and simple.‘I think Swenson is going to be okay with this,’ he thought as he closed the closet door, ‘and I gotta give him points for knowing how to get his man.’

Returning with Cokes in hand, Dave was momentarily stunned at Brent’s total naked beauty. ‘This guy has got some valuable assets,’ he mused, ‘for the highest bidder.’

“Thanks, man,” Brent said, as he took the cold can. After taking a sip, he rested the can on the desk so he could slip on some gym shorts and a T-shirt. He picked up the Coke and was aware of Dave’s brief, admiring glances. ‘I wouldn’t mind checking out this guy, myself,’ he thought, ‘cuz this guy can hold his own in the looks department.’

They sat on their respective bunks, took sips of Coke, and quietly stared at each other.

“I’m not sure where to begin.” Brent remarked.

“To use a well-worn cliché, start at the beginning,” Dave said as he stared at Brent with a sincere openness. “We both have things to lay out on the table and I’m certainly not here to point fingers.”

“Why don’t you let me know what you think is going on, and I’ll fill in the blanks? We’re both bright guys so we don’t have to bullshit each other.” Brent said, feeling a reassuring warmth radiating from his roomie, which made him think, ‘this might be easier to resolve than I had thought earlier.’

“Okay, here goes,” Dave replied, as he shifted and crossed his legs. “First, I’ve got a confession to make. I accidentally did a little snooping when I moved in.”

“Snooping? What do you mean?” Brent looked at him and was immediately concerned about this new development.

Dave proceeded to tell him about bumping the computer mouse on the desk that first evening. “You had left the computer on and suddenly, the email from ‘Tan Man’ appeared on the screen.”

“Oh, shit. Yeah, I left in such a hurry. Fuck.” Brent shook his head and thought, ‘Man, I really screwed up.’

“Then the GQ wardrobe didn’t add up as a sailor’s gear,” Dave smiled with a shrug and continued, “I just put together the pieces. What I couldn’t figure out is who you were servicing. The picture of you and your gorgeous girlfriend threw me.”

“That’s my sister, Pam. It was taken last year when she visited me.” Brent grinned and felt warm at the mention of his sister. “On her behalf, I thank you for noticing her beauty.”

“Well, she is quite a doll. Must be good genes in your family in that you’re no slouch.”

“Thank you, I think,” Brent said with a chuckle. ‘This guy’s a smooth operator but appears to be the real deal.’

“Just stating the obvious and to erase any doubts, yes, I’m gay.” Dave smiled and continued, “And no, I’m not going to jump your bones in the middle of the night.”

Brent sent up a whooping laugh and, after momentarily glancing at Dave’s crotch, said, “Fair enough. But, for the record, I don’t think you’d have been turned down.” In these first few minutes, Brent already felt like he had known Dave for years…an openness that he wanted to return in kind. ‘This is going to work out, I think.’

“Okay, ’nuf said about that for now.” Dave lifted slightly to adjust the robe that had started to fall open. “So, when I saw you at the Rendezvous, getting out of that ‘big bucks’ set of wheels with the older guy, I knew what the score was.” Looking into his eyes, he asked, “Am I pretty close, Brent?”

Both of their expressions turned serious.

“Bulls eye.” Brent sipped his Coke and thought, ‘Ole Dave didn’t miss a thing.’

“I was a little thrown by seeing my boss, Mr. DiMarco join you. What was that all about?”

“It appears we both have officers in our lives.” Brent contemplated his next statement. “Doug and I are in the same, ah…after hours business. In fact, he indirectly recruited me last year at a gay bar in Memphis.” ‘There,’ he concluded, ‘it’s out there now, for better or for worse.’

“DiMarco is gay, then?”

“I’d think that’d be pretty obvious.” Brent wondered where this conversation was now leading. It first appeared to be going so smoothly.

“Wow. It’s funny how you get a gut feeling about someone. When I first met Mr. DiMarco, there was a certain vibe in the air that I picked up on.”

“Like, gaydar?”

“Exactly. The same feeling I had around some of my teammates on the swim team, back in high school.”

“I’d say you’re pretty well tuned in.”

“So you both…uh…take care…service men…um, clients?” Dave asked with a little fluster. He stared with an intense, curious expression.

“Yeah, in so many words.” Brent took a deep breath and focused on the current situation. “Okay, Dave. Let me have it if you want to,” his voice measuring each word.

“What? Like dumping on you for screwing guys and earning a big income?”

“If you want to call Doug and me male prostitutes, go ahead.” Brent cast a subtly defensive look at his roommate. “It’s not like I’m standing on the corner of Beale Street hooking in hot pants,” he added before taking a breath to calm down, “and you’re not exactly Mr. Clean.”

“Whoa, guy.” Dave got up and walked over to Brent’s bunk and sat down. “Now you’re the one who’s getting judgmental.” He brought his arm around Brent’s shoulders. “I’m just trying to figure things out, but I shouldn’t have said that so bluntly. I really am sorry.”

Brent looked into his roommate’s eyes closely. He could read nothing but compassion. “I have nothing to be ashamed about,” he said in a lower tone, “and what we do hurts no one.”

“Go on, Brent.” He squeezed Brent’s shoulder for reassurance. “I want to understand. You and your computer kinda gave you away from day one. It’s just difficult to process the idea of my officer boss doing…”

“Doing the nasty with men – fucks for bucks?” Brent replied.

“Something like that. It’s just an aspect of Navy life I hadn’t expected…that’s all.”

“This is a business arrangement where I make a good income being a companion to some lonely men who can afford my services. And yes, the services include sex.” He added, “Doug and I have become great friends. I consider him my mentor.” ‘More than that, I hope,’ he thought, considering his real feelings for Doug.

“Is this a business that you two do on your own?”

“Actually, it’s a very well organized firm that operates in several cities. And to answer the question that will come next; no, it is not related to any crime family. The firm is a clean, legitimate enterprise that is very security conscious about its business and its associates.”

“Legitimate? Associates? Man, this is really getting complicated.” Dave frowned with a questioning expression.

“Yeah. At Nordstrom’s the sales people are ‘associates.’ It’s the same deal with Doug and me. Just that we know a little more about the customers than their shoe size.” Brent shrugged and turned out his hands. He felt an openness developing that he hadn’t experienced for a long time.

“Buddy, as long as it doesn’t affect me, go for it…just be safe.” He squeezed Brent’s shoulders and added, “Except for your business, we’re playing on the same team as far as I’m concerned, and I don’t mean just because we’re both gay. It’s good to have a roomie who’ll cover your backside.”

“Thanks.”

“But how is it legitimate, though?” Dave asked.

Putting his arm around Dave’s waist, Brent said in a measured manner, “First, let me assure you that you’ll never be involved. And, just so you know, drugs are verboten as are any other controlled substances. Now, to answer your question, the firm is actually about 75% legitimate and the escort division is a small but profitable sideline.” Placing his free hand on Dave’s thigh in a brotherly fashion, he added, “And whatever I do is always completely safe and always away from the base.”

“It’s cool as far as I’m concerned. And since we’re going to be friends, please promise to call me if you are ever in any trouble. I’ll help out if I can.”

“Thanks Dave. I’ll remember that.” Brent felt like an enormous weight had been lifted from his shoulders. ‘This fucker is one sharp dude,’ he concluded.

“Okay. I guess ‘show and tell’ time now falls into my lap. By the way, if your hand goes up my leg any higher, we’re going to know each other better than we may want.” Dave smiled as Brent sheepishly removed his hand with a natural grin.

Sitting relaxed, and with his hand now by his side, Brent replied, “I am very curious about how you captured the prime, number one, available bachelor officer on the base?” He felt the first stage of classic male bonding and friendship forming…only with a twist. “You’re going to break several gals’ hearts.”

“Guess it’s my time for ‘true confessions’,” Dave said with a shrug. “I was busy getting the pool ready this morning when this hunky, tall officer approached me.”

“All in the line of business,” Brent slyly observed.

“The minute I met him, I felt an electric shock and emotional connection that hasn’t stopped yet.” Dave then ran through an abbreviated description of the pool locker room encounter.

“Wow. Sounds hot and really serious.”

“Yeah, serious. Mike told me later that he feels the same way. How serious? We’re going to find out.”

“The obvious question is, how will Mike and you find the time and place to get together?”

“We’re getting a small apartment in Memphis so we can explore our relationship…but no screwing around on the base,” Dave said with a somber expression. “Exploring as many areas as possible.”

They both grinned.

“Let’s just cut to the chase. Are we both okay about keeping this between ourselves?” Brent felt that he needed to clarify the bottom line without leaving any uncertainty.

“You mean, don’t ask…etc.?”

“More than that. Doug and I could get into a lot of trouble if our extra jobs were found out.”

“Well, I might want to bribe you with borrowing your clothes on occasion.” Dave looked for a reaction. “Hey, I’m just pulling your chain.” He squeezed Brent around the shoulders again. “I’ve got no problem about what’s happening. You seem like a decent guy that I’d like to be friends with. That’s all,” he said with a sly grin and raised eyebrow, and added, “my lips are sealed.”

“And your romance is safe with me. I won’t even tell Doug.” Brent paused for a moment and realized that the possible link between the two officers needed to be kept separate.

“You answered my next question. Mike didn’t see you guys and I think it’s best to keep it that way.”

“Good. I don’t think it’d be a good idea to reveal this little business arrangement to Mike, and Doug doesn’t need to know about your new romance.” Brent smiled and silently congratulated Dave for being so mature. “And, yes, I’d like to be friends with you. It’s all about trust.”

Brent stood and brought Dave up to his body to receive an official ‘Brent Hug’. He firmly pulled Dave close to him until their crotches were fighting for air. A slight twitching of cocks signaled it was time to separate.

“Let’s shake to keeping our lives undisturbed by our off-duty activities.”

Extending his hand, Dave rejoined, “Thanks for keeping this just between you and me. They’re brother officers, and I work for your guy.”

“Bud, this is our secret.” With that, Brent placed a soft kiss on Dave’s lips. He knew that they had both found an initial peace of mind. Dave’s comment about ‘your guy’ sounded good and he decided not to correct the image.

“I hope that I can come to you from time to time if I need some personal advice?”

“I’ve got big shoulders. Maybe we can kinda be there for each other because I don’t have all the answers either.”

“Cool. I’d like that a lot,” Dave offered as his eyes started to tear.

“Hey, big guy, what’s with the moist eyes?”

“I haven’t had a good friend that I could really talk to for a couple of years…since my best friend and I went our separate ways to college. I find your arrival in my life…incredible…that’s all.”

“Dave, I’ll earn your trust,” Brent said, making a solemn vow to him.

They sat down again and decided to tell the more intimate parts of their earlier lives. First up to bat, Dave explained the one-sided love affair growing up. When he mentioned his folks’ acceptance of his coming out a year before they died, Brent started to well up in a sea of emotion.

“Dave, your Mom and Dad must have been great. I wasn’t so lucky.” A few tears appeared in the corners of his eyes. Brent then gave him the full edition of his being discovered by his dad and the subsequent consequences.

“At least you’ve still got Pam. And, maybe your Dad will come around some day?”

“Pam’s trying to do some fence mending in that direction. Maybe it’ll happen…but I’m not holding my breath. It’s a bitch that your folks were taken away from you.”

“Yeah. It was hard.”

Around 0200, they decided to call it a night. Brent was scheduled to assume the security watch in four hours and Dave said he had a lot to consider. Brent took off his t-shirt, set the alarm and scooted into bed.

“Pleasant dreams, Brent.” Hanging the bathrobe in the closet, Dave turned off the light, pulled down the covers, lay down, and pulled up a sheet. He sensed Brent had subtly checked him out.

“Hey, Dave.”

“Yeah?”

“From what I’ve just seen, if you ever want a part-time job, let me know,” he said with a laugh. ‘My roomie is one hot-looking, hung stud,’ he thought.

“What you saw is reserved for one guy,” Dave replied with a chuckle. “Mike. Big, hunky, bright, sexy Mike. My Mike. I can’t wait until tomorrow.”

“I get the picture. I’ll tune in the X-rated edition in my dreams.”

“Good night. I hope your dreams aren’t wet,” Dave replied with a snicker.

“If they are, you’re to blame. Nite.” Brent was more than pleased at the results of their talk. ‘My roomie’s a solid guy,’ he thought as he drifted off to sleep.

Copyright © 2011 Jack Scribe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..