Jump to content
    Jack Scribe
  • Author
  • 3,457 Words
  • 3,036 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Splash In The Pool - 5. Chapter 5 Dave's Discovery

Jim was also leaving his room, carrying a shopping bag. We said our “hi’s”, walked over to the rec room together and Jim poured the coffee. I was glad we were meeting in this casual way; I couldn’t have planned it any better.

We figured out we both drink our coffee black. “We’ve got a few minutes before we leave,” Jim said after checking the coffee temperature by taking the first sip. “Need to be on the 0740 base bus that will take us up the hill. First, here are a couple of lifeguard trunks. Mr. DiMarco got these to me yesterday. He also issued you a cap, whistle, and some flip flops,” he added as he handed me the bag.

I looked in. “Wow! These trunks look fire engine red.” I pulled them out and drew them around my waist.

“You will definitely be seen in a crowd,” he replied with a laugh, “cuz that’s the idea.”

“Visions of ‘Baywatch’ without the sand and Pam Anderson.” I conjured up a vision of David Hassellhof as I put the trunks back in the bag.

“Yeah. Malibu in Millington!”

“Do they wear bikinis in Millington?” I asked, joining the laugher. We both sensed that an early comradeship was beginning to develop.

Sipping the coffee, I looked at Jim’s freshly shaved face, tanned by the lifeguard job, and into his engaging, friendly, but curious green eyes. “I really want to do a good job, Jim. I’m only out of tech training 3 days and it’s important I fit in.”

“You’ll do fine. Just be polite to the officers and a little flirtatious to the wives…in a subtle manner. With your looks you’ll have no problem pulling it off.”

“You mean the, ‘Aw shucks, Mrs. Commander, let me adjust the umbrella for you’ kind of thing?” But, I was thinking, ‘I know what I’d like to be pulling off,’ as I imagined Jim and I…’

“Yeah, something like that. Just know where the line is, and don’t step over it. The last thing you need is a reputation for hitting on the officer’s ladies.”

“Anything I should know about the officers?” I asked.

“First, when in doubt, address them as ‘Sir.’ But they’re at the ‘O’ Club to relax, so it’s important that you project a trustworthy image. We all keep our lips pretty tightly sealed about what goes on at the club when we’re back at the barracks.”

I gave him a brief version of why I had been assigned to NAS Memphis and mentioned that I swam competitively in high school. “If I had to peg you, Jim, I bet that you were a gymnast. Right?”

As I guessed, Jim had been on the gymnast squad at his high school in Buffalo, NY. “How did you know? Is there something stamped on my forehead?”

“Naw. It’s just that you remind me a lot of my best friend, who was a gymnast. You two have similar builds and a certain grace about you when you walk.” I didn’t mention the other similarities. “He’s at Northwestern, in pre-med, but still works out on routines when he has time.”

“I won a few medals at state meets…but no big deal. As you probably know from your friend, gymnastics is grueling and I still have calluses that will never fade away. I sometimes think my knees are 80 years old from doing all the mat exercises.”

“Yeah, my buddy took a lot of abuse to his body. But as a swimmer, I had it easy. Endurance was my source of pain.”

“What did you swim in school?”

“Freestyle and breast stoke.”

“Then this test will be a breeze.” Looking at his watch, Jim suggested that we finish our coffee and continue our conversation out at the bus stop. It was located immediately outside the barracks door, at the curb. “If we miss this one, the next bus doesn’t come for another hour on Sundays,” Jim mentioned.

Out of mock courtesy to his E-3 seniority, I held the door for him as we departed. “Seniority before beauty,” I chortled as he walked out.

He burst into a big smile and returned, “In your dreams, swabby.”

I couldn’t help but think that we were both doing a bit of ‘less than subtle’ flirting. This was more fun than a ping pong match. Who was going to get to 21 first? “I’m glad we had a chance to talk right now. I feel that I’m making a new friend.”

“Me too, Dave,” Jim said looking at me with a warm smile.

The base bus arrived at our stop on time. Jim told me as we got on that he was being transferred to the Special Services base gym and pool as a supervisor.

“Yeah, Mr. DiMarco told me that the other day,” I replied. “I’ve used the facilities many times and think it’s a great place.”

“Yep, really sweet. And although Mr. DiMarco runs a tight ship, he’s very fair, and is a good boss. Plus, he’s a helluva handball player,” Jim tossed out. “You’ll also like the chief who really runs the show.”

“I found out pretty fast when I joined ‘this man’s Navy’ that the officers get the credit, but it’s the chiefs who make it happen.”

“Never forget that and you won’t get into trouble. You’re gold if a chief has your back.”

“Do you think we can workout together? I paired up with a classmate from tech school during training. We’d meet a couple times a week and do weights, bench and the machines.” I didn’t mention the stress-relieving sessions in the steam bath.

“A couple of times a week would be good,” Jim said with a nod. “Let’s do it.”

We rode for about 10 minutes, finally going up the hill and passing light brick ranch-style single story duplexes that housed the married officers and their families. Closer to the Club, that was now coming into view, I saw larger two story single homes with more elaborate landscaping. “These are for the senior officers, Dave,” he pointed out. “If you look further down the road, you’ll see the base Commanding Officer’s and the Admiral’s quarters.”

I looked at what appeared to be two immaculately groomed mini-estates. The larger one was probably for the Admiral and his family. “Nice perk for the big guy.”

“Perks that include a driver and a steward who runs the house for Mrs. Admiral,” Jim said with a shrug, “so she can attend tea or play bridge.”

The bus stopped in front of a two-story building with white columns and an over-sized lantern hanging from the overhead at the entrance. We departed the bus and Jim led the way around to the back of the clubhouse. Along the way, he pointed out the BOQ – bachelor officer’s quarters – across from a large parking lot, before we arrived at the pool area and locker rooms. Jim unlocked the back door and turned on the lights as we walked in.

It was a basic rectangular room, of painted concrete block bulkheads and a tiled deck, with lockers running along three sides. By the numbering system, I guessed that there were approximately 40 lockers, and the benches were secured to the deck in front of the lockers. The fourth side was open, holding standard sinks with mirrors. I assumed the door at the other end led to the pool. “Is the head over there?” I asked as I pointed to the sink area.

“Plus the showers. This is a pretty nice setup. Lifeguards use these first three lockers.” Jim pointed to number one and two right next to each other. “Why don’t we get into our trunks and I’ll show you around the facilities before we go through the life guard qualification,” he added. “Bring a lock with you tomorrow so you can stow things. The third locker is reserved for the relief lifeguard.” Jim dialed the combination of his lock and released it.

We both simultaneously stripped, without any modesty. Since we had checked each other out back at the barracks shower room, there was no curiosity about what was ‘hanging’. I took one of the red trunks out of the bag and stepped into them. Being new, they were a little stiff. On the side there was a stenciled, “Life Guard” with a white cross. Fortunately, there was a mesh liner inside for some support. I made a mental note to bring a jock tomorrow because a new mesh could get a little itchy. Jim looked cute as he put on his jock with his back to me. The straps perfectly framed his well-shaped, pale buns that were untouched by the sun.

When I pulled up my trunks, they felt somewhat snug in the crotch. I saw Jim looking at me from his vantage point in a full-length mirror.

He turned and asked, “Are those going to be okay for you? They do look a little tight.”

“Well, you did say to be a little flirtatious,” I replied with a humorous inflection. I raised one eyebrow and popped a little bump with my hips.

“But not ‘X-rated.” Jim smiled slyly and rolled his eyes.

I was concerned. “Seriously, are these a little too revealing?”

“Naw, I’m just pulling your leg. However, they’ll probably shrink after washing so you might want to consider a larger size.” He put his hand on my shoulder and added, “Don’t worry, you’ll be just fine.”

“A larger size is probably for the best. Can we pick one up tonight…this being Sunday and all?”

“After the shift, we’ll head over to Special Services, see the duty watch and get a couple of pairs for you. I can do all the paperwork.”

“Cool.” I appreciated Jim being willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for me…the new guy.

After putting on his trunks, Jim proceeded to apply sunscreen over his body. He gave me the tube of Coppertone SPF 30 and invited me to do the same. “Occupational hazard,” he said, grinning.

“Thanks, Jim,” I retorted. “Guess I’ve got to get to the Exchange for a few extra purchases. I’d also like to get some zinc oxide for my nose.”

“Good idea. With your fair skin, a higher SPF is probably in order. Why don’t you split around 1500 and make your purchases,” Jim suggested. “And then come back so I can show you the closing procedures. I’ll write down the bus times so you can get down there and back by 1630.”

“By the way, how do we get lunch up here?”

The club gives us a sandwich, chips and a soft drink from the snack bar. A pretty good deal.”

“Talking about eating, if you’re not doing anything after work, you wanna grab some dinner at the mess hall when we go back down the hill?” I asked.

“That would be great!” Jim was a constant smile machine. “We can go to Special Services, get the larger trunks and head on over for chow. We’ll get out of here at a little after 1800 and there’s an 1815 bus that we can catch.”

For the next hour, he walked me around the facility and gave me the rundown on the various power switches, equipment and emergency telephone numbers for the base. He was impressed with my swimming ability and life saving techniques. When I ‘saved’ him and dragged him across the pool in a lifeguard crawl, I enjoyed having my arms, across his chest and pec area. It felt like he was a willing victim. ‘Too bad, mouth to mouth resuscitation isn’t part of the drill,’ I thought with a calculating grin.

I passed my proficiency just before the pool opened for the day. Fortunately, there was a large umbrella on the guard stand that blocked us from the sun. I noticed the first arrivals were families with younger kids. Later, the single officers and their guests showed up. Finally, the young almost-adult dependents came trooping in – high school kids with the usual cockiness. Generally it was a pretty mellow day and we would jump into the pool periodically to cool off.

I changed and caught the 1510 bus and went to the Exchange. I bought a large bottle of Coppertone 45 sunscreen, zinc oxide, and a couple of Bike fast-drying swimmer jocks. The return bus picked me up in front of the exchange at 1615 and I returned to the club 10 minutes later. The first pair of trunks being wet, I put on the other new pair with one of my newly purchased jocks. Yes, the soft jock pouch really helped. With a few washings and a softener, I’d be just fine down there. I noticed that the second pair of trunks had a little more room. ‘But I’m going to get the larger size just to be safe.’

With the last guests departing at 1645, Jim proceeded to show me the procedures for securing the pool. We went over the typewritten bullet points of opening and closing one more time so I couldn’t screw up too badly when I was on my own. I found out my days on lifeguard duty would be Sunday through Thursday. All in all, a damn fine work schedule, with Friday and Saturdays off. The hours would be a little long, but not too strenuous.

Looking around the pool area, he said, “Everything is secure for the night. Let’s get a shower to get the chlorine and gunk off us.” After we entered the locker room, Jim locked the doors leading to the pool; we would leave as we came in, through the rear entrance.

“Good idea. I smell like a sweaty coconut,” I replied with a snicker as we walked over to our lockers.

“More like an over-ripe banana.” He playfully patted my shoulder.

‘Wow’, I observed. ‘He is really touchy-feely.’

We both got out of our trunks and my crotch welcomed the release from the new jock protector. I squeezed my cock and balls to bring a little life back into them without much thinking about it. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Jim watching this procedure. When I looked at him, he smiled and then mimicked my movements in a casual way.

“Another liability about the job is wearing a semi-wet jock all day.”

‘Yeah. And around you, stud, getting a semi-hard on,’ I thought. “I hear ya. Tonight I’m going to give these trunks, along with the larger ones we’re picking up, and the jocks a couple of washings.” ‘Hmmm, act two is nearly underway.’ I watched as he grabbed the shampoo and motioned for us to head to the shower room.

“Do the suits and jocks separately. If you don’t, you’ll have pink jocks tomorrow.”

“Yikes. I hadn’t thought about that. Thanks for the suggestion,” I replied with a chuckle. ‘Pink jocks. How gay is that?’ I considered, plus the fashion police would have had a field day.’

Jim entered the shower room while I stopped by a urinal to relieve myself. When I entered the shower, he had his back to me soaping his front down. Although there were eight showerheads spaced around the room, I purposely turned on the one next to him. I adjusted the temperature, stood under the water spray and started soaping my crotch. ‘Showtime?’ I wondered, thinking of the phrase made famous by the L.A. Lakers, ‘or was it show and tell like grammar school?’ The stirring of my dick warned me that this was the time to move my hands away or be prepared for the consequences – ‘Davy’s’ arousal from parade rest to full attention. I continued the stimulation. It felt good…especially standing next to this guy.

Jim turned and openly displayed a raging erection. It twitched. He seriously stared at my cock as he started to massage his hard organ with his soapy hand. I saw him lick his lips as I grew to my very adult length. His stare moved up my body and stopped when his eyes met mine. He blinked and took a deep breath.

“Time for a little relaxation,” he said in a low growl, “if ya don’t have any objection.”

“None whatsoever. Need some help there?” I replied as I continued to stroke myself, “I know I do.”

“Oh, yeah. That sounds like a good idea.” Moving a little closer, Jim tentatively reached over and wrapped his fingers around my balls. He gently tugged, bringing me close to him.

I offered no resistance. “Be careful…these are the only two I have,” I replied as he started rolling my nuts tenderly with his fingers.

“I’ve wanted to do this to you ever since I saw you in the shower this morning,” he said, as he looked into my eyes with a questioning look.

We were aware that we were revealing deep secrets to each other. Secrets that were best said and or acted upon only behind locked doors on a Navy base. The absence of prying eyes or eavesdropping was a necessity.

“I’ve been stalking your beautiful butt since yesterday. I’m not going to object to a little exploration,” I paused, aware that I was taking the encounter a step further, “Or anything else you have in mind.” With that said, I reached down and started jacking his smaller but formidable weapon.

“Consider this my welcoming party for the new guy.”

“Where are the paper hats and noisemakers?” I said with a leer.

“Don’t think we’ll need them for what I have in mind.”

“I’ve got other parts of my body that need welcoming, too,” I added. I almost corrected him and suggested that this might be more accurately termed a ‘coming out’ party.

While massaging my balls, he moved his other hand over my cock and duplicated my stroking actions. I let out a small moan. ‘God,’ I thought, ‘I’ve missed this.’ This was the first physical contact I’d had with a man since Russ two years ago. It sure beat my own fist, and even surpassed the no-touching J.O. sessions with Mark in the steam room.

“How am I doing?” Jim asked as he started circling his thumb around my dickhead.

“Fuck man, you know what I need.”

“I know what we both need.”

I decided to push the envelope and try something that I had never attempted with Russ: I leaned forward and gently placed my lips on his. His response was immediate, and positive, as he opened his lips to receive my probing tongue. I pressed forward, and as we kissed with increasing passion, we both sped up the stroking. “Ahhh, Dave, hmmm,” he groaned when we pulled out of the kiss.

I groaned, feeling a climax about to crest. “Oh, Jesus…fuck…mother of…ahhh.” My balls tingled as I shot a blast all over my willing partner’s stomach.

Jim raised his head and, wide-eyed, said in a low husky voice, “Oh, jeez, I’m cumming too.” He proceeded to blow a load on my hands, arm and crotch. We both sighed as I brought my arms around him and held him tightly. Jim reached down, scooped up some of his cum with his fingers, brought them to my mouth and I greedily licked them clean. I did the same for him.

“That was great,” he growled as he leaned up for a cum-laced kiss. We shared each other’s seed and saliva.

“Truth time, buddy. I’ve never kissed another man with cum in my mouth. Never.”

Jim looked at me with a concerned expression. “Any regrets?”

“None.”

After a few moments, we looked at each other with the biggest shit-eating grins then proceeded to really shower, making sure our “evidence” was washed down the drain.

Jim said, “Dave, what can I say. Totally awesome.”

“That’s what friends are for,” I said patting his butt.

We toweled dry, dressed and straightened up the locker room facilities. He grabbed our gear, turned off the lights, and we exited by the back door. He pulled the door tight to make sure it was locked.

Having missed the bus, we proceeded to walk down the hill to the main part of the base. ‘That was hot,’ I analyzed. But it was just that. Hot, lustful sex - nothing more. ‘I think Jim feels the same way.’ However, I also knew that this was not just a case of two horny sailors wanting to get off and ignoring the implications. At some appropriate time, we’d quietly discuss our sexual orientation without the risk of being overheard. Although the President, Bill Clinton, had signed off on the new “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy in the military, I’d heard rumors of court martial proceedings for guys being gay.

Copyright © 2011 Jack Scribe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..