Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

So Called Chaos - 2. Embracing The Chaos

Sensitive subject matter dealt light heartedly

Steven put the last dish in the dishwasher and took one last look around the kitchen. He saw everything was in its proper place so he grabbed a Dr. Pepper from the refrigerator and headed into the living room where his parents were enjoying an after dinner wine.

He flopped on the couch and glanced at the clock on the wall. "Don't worry, he'll call," Lynn stated with a smile. "He's probably flirting with some girl and forgot about you."

"He'd better not," Steven blurted and then immediately blushed when he realized how that could have sounded. So he added, "He's the only way I have to get there."

"I remember when I was in school," David said as he rubbed his chin with a thoughtful expression on his face. "My best friend, Bobby, used to do that to me all the time. "Don't get me wrong, Bobby was a very responsible lad, but the moment he saw a pretty face, his IQ dropped about twenty points. And that's quite a considerable drop seeing he only had 97."

"You're both eighteen now," Lynn said in a matter of fact tone that always proceeded one of her lectures. "It won't be like it's always been. Aaron will meet a girl, and you'll meet and girl. And before you know it, you'll grow apart and only see each other at reunions. It's the way things work."

"And don't forget about college," David interrupted. "I once left my best friend forgotten in the middle of New York City for twelve hours because I wanted to impress this girl."

"I remember that story," Lynn poured herself another glass of wine. "Didn't he get robbed twice?"

"No, only once. But he did score some of the best weed I ever smoked."

"David," Lynn said with a start. "Not in front of Steven."

"Come on dear, the boy isn't a lad anymore. It won't kill him to know we used to smoke pot," David said with a wink at his son. "It was the seventies, everyone was smoking grass."

"I never," Lynn denied.

"Don't lie to the boy."

Steven turned to look at his mother, and asked, "Is it true? Did you smoke pot?"

Lynn's faced turned red and she quickly stood up and walked over to the bookcase and pretended to look for a book. Finally she said, "I tried it once. but I never inhaled."

"Just like Bill Clinton," Steven said as he gave his dad a sly smile. "But the real question is if you had to do it all over again, would you inhale?"

While Lynn thought of the right thing to say, Steven's cell phone rang. He shook his head and answered, "Hello."

"Are you ready?" Aaron asked, a bit breathlessly.

"Not really, I think I should talk a bit more to my mom about her marijuana problem," Steven stated.

"What?" Aaron asked.

Lynn walked over and grabbed the phone from her son's hand while Steven laughed. "Aaron, get over here and get this boy out of my hair before I lose my mind."

"Anything for you Mamma Carter."

Lynn handed the phone back to Steven and ordered, "You better be ready, he's on his way."

"I'm already ready," Steven stated and he sat back and folded his arms. "Now why don't we discuss this issue some more."

"I swear David, I don't know why I married you sometime," Lynn said and threw her arms in the air in mock frustration.

"Dear?" David asked.

"Yes."

"How can someone be robbed twice in one day?" David asked with a confused look on his face. "You would think the first time he got robbed, they would've taken everything of value."

"David," Lynn warned.

"Bye Mom and Dad, don't wait up," Steven declared and grabbed his coat. He walked to the front door and Lynn called out to him, "You be home by midnight."

"Bye," Steven said and closed the door. He walked to the end of the driveway and leaned against the mailbox. He put on his coat and started to whistle while he waited for Aaron to arrive.

A few minutes later, he heard the familiar sound of Aaron's car. Once the Mustang pulled into view, he didn't wait for the car to come to a complete stop before he opened the door and said, "You have no idea how glad I am to..."

He stopped in mid sentence and frowned. Aaron was not alone in the car. His archrival, the ban of his existence, the beautiful and very voluptuous Sara Parker sat there with a smile in the front seat. Sara had a crush on Aaron since freshman year and for the last three years, had stalked him with a passion.

"Hi, Sara," Steven said in a flat tone.

"You're so glad to what?" Sara asked with a twirl of her blonde hair around one finger.

"That I didn't finish my sentence," Steven said as he gave Aaron a look he hoped carried all the frustration he currently felt.

"I tried to tell you on the phone, but your mom hung up on me," Aaron tried to explain. Behind Sara's head, he mouthed the words, 'I'm sorry'. Aloud he said, "She came over to visit my sister, and my mom thought it would be a great idea for all of us to go the party together."

"Peachy," Steven said. He was rather proud of himself that he maintained a neutral expression on his face. "I'll just get in the back then."

Sara made a big showing of leaning all over Aaron as she made room for Steven to crawl into the back seat. She said with a giggle, "Isn't this fun, the two of us all cozy?"

"Yeah, really cozy," Steven muttered as he crossed his arms and frowned.

"I don't know, from where I'm sitting, it's a bit on the frosty side," Aaron stated blandly as he put the car into gear and turned the car around and sped away.

"Really, I thought it was supposed to be around eighty tonight. Can you get frost at night with it being eighty degrees?" Sara asked Aaron and looked on with expectant eyes.

"Apparently you can," Aaron said as he noticed Steven's face in the mirror. "Want to listen to the radio?"

"Oh yes," Steven blurted out. "I'm in the mood for some angry, bang your head music."

"Bang your head music?" Sara asked.

"Yeah, you know," Steven said with a grimace. "Bang my head, bang his head, definitely bang your head."

A few moments later, Aaron pulled his phone from his pocket and said, "Hello? After a few moments, he added, "Hey Mike, sure I can give you a ride to Mindy's? I can be there in five minutes."

Steven started laughing when Sara blurted, "Mike, it better not be the Mike I am thinking about."

Aaron somehow managed a complete look of innocence when he said, "I told him I would give him a ride earlier today. You don't mind do you?"

"No," Sara said. "Whatever you think is best."

Aaron stole a glance at Steven through the rearview mirror. He smiled with Steven blew him a kiss, showing him his approval. A few minutes later, Aaron pulled up in front of Mike's house. Steven asked, "Sara, since you're in the front seat, can you go and get Mike, thanks."

Aaron knew the answer to that question so he quickly said, "Thanks Sara, that's really cool of you."

Sara patted Aaron's cheek and cooed, "Anything for you."

Sara opened the car door and walked up to the house. The moment Sara left the car, Aaron turned around and pleaded, "I'm sorry, I swear I was trying to tell you on the phone."

"It's okay," Steven said as he gave his boyfriend a weak smile. "Did Mike really call you?"

"Nope," Aaron stated with a decidedly devious look on his face.

"Genius, evil, but genius," Steven said with a chuckle.

"I thought you'd like it," Aaron said. "Now get your ass up here in the front seat before they come back."

"Perfect," Steven said and jumped in the front seat. "Mike will think he's died and gone to heaven. He's been trying to get her in a back seat for three years."

"That'll give him some fuel for his alone time for the next few months," Aaron said as he watched for there return.

When Mike opened the door and saw Sara standing there, he took a step back and for a moment, Aaron thought he would pass out. Steven laughed, "I bet he's got a full-on robot chubby."'

"Nasty picture you paint, guppy," Aaron said with a frown. "Yet, I'd venture to say completely true."

When they appraoched the car, Aaron saw that Mike was talking excitedly and his hands were waving about in his enthusiasm. But the look on Sara's face was worth having to haul her around for the night.

Sara opened the door and frowned when she saw Steven in the front seat, her green eyes narrowed and she put her hands on her hips, "Oh no, I"m not sitting in the back seat."

"Sorry Sara," Aaron said with what he thought was his most dazzling smile. "Steven can't sit in the back, he gets sick. You wouldn't want him to throw up, would you?"

"But," Sara began but took a look at Aaron's face and instead said, "Okay, fine. I'll sit in the back." She turned and faced Mike and declared, "Any part of you that touches me, you won't be getting back, got it?"

Mike looked at her with fear on his face and shook his head. Before they settled themselves, Aaron sped off into the night.

By the time they arrived at Mindy's house, Steven had calmed down and actually managed to carry on a civil conversation with everyone. It was worth it all just to see Mike so happy to be sitting next to Sara.

Aaron had to park a few houses away from Mindy's house due to the numerous cars lining the street. It appeared the party was already in full swing. Aaron pulled over and shut off the engine, "Everyone out."

Sara crawled out of the back seat and immediately grabbed Aaron's arm and pulled him towards Mindy's house. Steven exchanged looks with Mike and shrugged. The look Mike gave Sara's back reminded Steven of a tiger stalking a wounded gazelle. He smacked Mike on the shoulder and said, "Come on Romeo."

"I don't know why she doesn't like me," Mike complained and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"You know women, they're all crazy," Steven offered and chuckled when Sara turned around and stared at him.

"What does she see in him anyway?" Mike muttered. Then he added, "Don't get me wrong, Aaron's a cool guy but..."

"Forget about her," Steven said with a wave of his hand. "You know how many girls are inside that house right now just waiting for some nice guy to get them drunk and romance them away."

"Maybe, but they won't be Sara," Mike said with a sad face.

Steven caught up with Aaron and Sara on the front porch and rang the doorbell. He winked at Mike and said, "You're right. They'll be better."

Mindy opened the door and greeted them with a smile and a drink in her hand," Hey, you're late."

Steven gave the slender girl a hug and pushed past her, "Now let's get this party started."

Steven headed towards the back of the house and followed the sounds of the party. He opened the back door and saw that most of the senior class was already there, along with several dozen juniors. Most everyone held a plastic cup filled with beer from the two kegs that were resting in large tubs just outside of the back door. About a dozen kids were involved in what looked like a drunken game of water volleyball. Mindy's older brother Eli was busy cooking hamburgers on the grill, a cup of beer in one hand and a spatula in the other. The picnic table was loaded with chips, potato salad, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and assorted junk food.

Steven skipped the beer and walked over to one of the several coolers and grabbed a bottle of water. He took a huge drink and looked around. Mindy's backyard was huge. The swimming pool was set inside a large stone grotto that included a small water slide and a twelve-person hot tub. Along the back of the yard was a garden filled with flowers and small trees, with a brick pathway wandering lazily throughout. There was a reason why Mindy's parties were the highlight of the school.

Steven saw one of his friends and made his way over to where she was standing among several of the football team. He knew why she was always the life of the party, her skimpy swimsuit showed off her curves in all the right ways.

He crept up behind her and touched his ice cold bottle of water to her back and she jumped. "What the fuck?"

"Hey gorgeous," He said.

"Steven," Michelle screamed and threw her arms around him. "I thought it was that dick from my geometry class again."

Steven could tell from her slurred words, she had more than a few drinks already. "Are you drunk already?"

"Not me," She declared but ruined it by her wide grin. "I don't drink much."

"Not you."

"Hey Steven," Tyler called out with a wave as he dodged a drunken junior who was trying to take off his shirt. He was dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans and matching short sleeve shirt.

"What's up bro?" Steven said as he fist bumped his teammate. "Having fun?"

"Always," Tyler replied as he took a long drink from his cup. "How about you? Need a beer?"

"No thanks," Steven said and held up his bottle of water. "I'm good."

"You know better than that," Michelle stated as she scolded him. "Steven never has any fun at these parties. But I'l love another one."

"Well, come on beautiful," Tyler said as he grabbed her arm. "I'm buying."

Steven wiped the sweat from his eyes and took off his coat and placed it on the back of a nearby chair. A few moments later, he noticed Aaron navigating the partygoers with a cup in his hand. He smiled and said, "Hi."

Aaron paused and took a long look at his boyfriends outfit and sighed. He gulped down the rest of his beer and wiped his mouth. "Don't worry, we won't match."

Steven laughed and said, "We don't match. You have designer jeans on that probably cost more than my entire outfit."

"Semantics," Aaron stated as he waved his finger back and forth. "Have you seen Michelle yet?"

"Yes."

"I can't believe how hammered she is already," Aaron said as he scanned the crowd.

"She's having a ball" Steven said with a shrug.

"I wish I was having balls," Aaron said with a whisper and gave a wink.

"Its a big house," Steven said. "That can be arranged."

"Later," Aaron said. "I need more beer for now."

"I'll hold you to that promise, stinky boy," Steven called out as Aaron walked back towards the keg. He turned around and walked over to where a few of the football players had gathered in a circle. As he watched, two of the most popular players jumped in the center and stripped off their shirts. They each grabbed a beer and after they faced each other, they held out the beers. Some random girl shouted out 'go' and they raised the cups to their lips and started to drink as fast as they could. It was a simple game that had no losers. The object of the game was to get drunk as fast as humanly possible.

The moment they had finished, two more football players took their place and a different girl shouted 'go'. He watched this game for awhile, laughing and cheering along with the rest of the crowd.

It was much later, Steven had left the crowd of drinkers as boredom set in. He was never much of a drinker and if it wasn't for Aaron, would probably never attend these social gatherings. He made his way along the garden path and found himself sitting on a bench surrounded by a bed of flowers. It was almost to the back fence, far enough away to give him some privacy but close enough to keep an eye on Aaron.

Aaron had surrounded himself for most of the night with his teammates from the soccer team. From the laughter, Steven could surmise that he was having a great time.

Steven sat down on the bench and toyed with his half empty bottle of water. It was long after midnight but he still had to wipe sweat off his brow as the humidity was torturous this time of year. Not for the first time, he wished he had worn a pair of shorts. He stripped off his damp T-shirt, and placed it on the bench beside him.

He jumped when someone said, "Having fun?"

He turned his head and saw a very drunk Tyler standing in the shadows. Steven smiled and said, "You know me, I always have fun. How about you?"

Tyler shrugged and sat down, "Not really."

"What happened to Michelle," Steven asked with a frown as he saw a cigarette in Tyler's hand.

Tlyer waved his hand and slurred, "She left with some math geek, she said she was going to deflower him or something."

"That's our Michelle, she's always been a charitable person," Steven said with a chuckle. "When did you start smoking?"

"I thought you liked guys who smoked," Tyler said in a soft tone as he dropped his now empty cup on the ground.

"Whatever gave you that idea," Steven asked as he turned to prop his leg on the bench between them in a conscious decision to create as much space from Tyler as possible.

"Aaron smokes, and he's your best friend," Tyler stated as he took a drag from the cigarette.

It was true that Aaron smoked, a habit that Steven had been trying to break for years. It wasn't really for health reasons, it just sucked to kiss someone after they've smoked a cigarette. It was like sucking on an ashtray. "Just because my friend smokes doesn't mean I like everything he puts in his mouth. I like you and you never smoked."

"Are we really friends," Tyler asked as he dropped the cigarette to the ground.

"Of course," Steven said with a flash of a smile. "I've known you most of my life."

"We never hang out," Tyler countered.

"I see you every day," Steven said with a wave of his hand dismissing his argument.

Tyler gave him a sad smile and said, "For five years we've been teammates, mostly rivals in the water and we've never had a real conversation." He held up his hand, "Talking about swimming doesn't count as a conversation."

"That's not true."

"Oh really," Tyler said with a laugh. "Name one time we had a real conversation, just one on one."

Steven thought about it for a moment. "That doesn't mean we aren't friends."

Tyler turned his attention to the partygoers across the lawn. He asked, "See anyone over there you'd like to take home tonight?"

Steven saw Aaron across the way and said, "Yes, what about you?"

"There is someone here I'd like to go home with," Tyler said in a quiet voice. "But I don't think I have a chance."

"Really," Steven said as he rubbed his stomach absently. "Who is it? Maybe I can help you seal the deal?"

Tyler shook his head and turned away to peer into the darkness, "I don't think so."

"Come on," Steven urged with a grin. "She'd have to be crazy not to like you."

"Really," Tyler said as he sat up a bit straighter. "You really think so?"

"Of course, you're a good looking guy, funny, smart, and the second best swimmer in the state," Steven declared. "What's not to like?"

"You think I"m good looking," Tyler asked as he moved a bit closer.

Steven felt more than a bit exposed as their legs were touching and the way the conversation was heading. He grabbed his shirt and pulled it on before he stammered, "I mean, for a guy, sure."

Tyler slide even closer, their faces now inches apart. Steven could smell the alcohol on his friends' breath mixed with cigarettes and it made his stomach lurch.

Tyler reached out as if to caress Steven's cheek and said, "I think you're good looking too."

Steven jumped up when Tyler leaned in for a kiss and said, "What are you doing Tyler?"

"I'm sorry," Tyler stammered. He had a look of horror on his face when he realized what he had done. "I didn't mean..oh shit." And he jumped up and ran back towards the house.

"Oh shit is right," Steven mumbled as he watched the boy disappear into the house.

"What the hell was that about?" Aaron asked as he walked out of the shadows. He walked slowly in the manner of someone that had a few too many beers.

Steven sat back down on the bench and put his head in his hands and muttered, "This day keeps getting better and better."

"Was he crying?" Aaron asked as he sat down. He made sure to keep his cigarette downwind. "Is he sad because he's only the second best swimmer in the school?"

"Something like that," Steven replied and looked at his boyfriend.

"He's just jealous that he can't be you," Aaron said before he took a long drag from his cigarette.

"More like want's to be in me," Steven said with a shake of his head.

"Repeat please," Aaron stated with a confused look.

"He tried to kiss me," Steven explained. "Told me he thought I was good looking."

"What'd you do?" Aaron asked as he dropped the cigarette on the ground.

"Nothing, what the hell could I do," Steven spat out in frustration.

"Makes sense why he ran away crying," Aaron said as he paused and stared at the house. "If I couldn't kiss you I'd definitely ran away crying."

Steven chuckled despite the situation. "This isn't funny, Tyler's at least bi and he wants me."

"Well, he can't have you," Aaron said with a forceful shake of his head. "I don't share what's mine."

"Any other time," Steven said with a grin. "That would make me all warm and fuzzy but now isn't the time for flattery." He stood up and asked, "How many beers did you have?"

"A few," Aaron said with a shrug. "Maybe two beers, something like five or six. Not more than eight."

Steven laughed and said, "So somewhere in the vicinity of ten."

"More like he nieghborhood of twelve, definitely twelve."

"Okay rain man, I'm driving," Steven declared as he started back towards the house.

"Were we leaving?" Aaron asked as he started to followed. "There is at least a full keg left."

Steven grabbed his arm and said, "I'm going to get you home before you're too drunk to get it up."

"We can always come back tomorrow and finish that beer," Aaron stated with a grin. "I'll go and say bye to Mindy. Meet you at the car."

"Grab my coat on the way out," Steven called out as he headed towards the side of the house. This night had deteriorated into something horrible and all he wanted to do was find a place to crash into Aaron's arms and forget it all.

Steven arrived at the car and waited for Aaron. As he waited he tried to wrap his head about the fact that Tyler had a crush on him. He thought back over the last few years and with this new information could see the signs so clearly. It made sense, the lingering around the locker room, the lingering stares. "What the hell am I going to do?"

"Steven, are you out there?" Mindy called out from the sidewalk.

"Over here," Steven replied as he took a few steps towards her.

"You have to come back inside," Mindy screamed out hysterically as she swayed back and forth as she stumbled towards him.

"Why, what's wrong?" Steven asked.

Mindy grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards the house. She started explaining as they walked, "Tyler locked himself in my parents room and won't come out."

"Now he chooses the time not to come out," Steven muttered though he allowed her to pull him along the side of the house.

They turned the corner and he saw Aaron standing on the back porch holding his coat in his hands. Aaron threw up his hands and said, "This is getting stupid you know."

"I concur," Steven replied as he twisted out of Mindy's grasp. "Which room is your parents?"

Mindy looked up and pointed to the balcony above her. "That one."

Steven walked into the yard for a few feet and looked up. He noticed the balcony door was open. He looked at Mindy and said, "Go inside, and try to get him to open the bedroom door."

"We already did that," Mindy argued. "It won't work."

"I know," Steven said slow enough that the drunken girl would understand him. "But it will distract him long enough for me to climb up and enter through the balcony."

Mindy's face lit up and she said, "Okay, I can do that." She ran into the house.

Steven looked at Aaron and motioned him to follow. "Here, give me a boost up and I can grab the ledge of the balcony."

"Out of everything I want to give to you tonight, a boost wasn't on that list," Aaron stated though he cupped his hand and braced himself.

Steven placed on foot in Aaron's hands and said, "One, two, three."

Aaron grunted as Steven pushed off and stretched out as far as he could go to grip the edge of the balcony. "Just a bit higher."

Aaron grunted and thrust upward. As he struggled to keep his boyfriend aloft, he noticed Steven's pants had slid down an inch or so. He saw the jockstrap and stated with a grin, "Nice underwear."

Steven looked down and grinned, "It was suppose to be a surprise."

"Kinky."

"Perv," Steven said with a grunt as he finally reached the ledge and pulled himself up.

"I''m allowed," Aaron called up. "It seems that's the only thing we can do nowadays."

"What's that?"

"Perv on each other."

"I swear, I'm going to punch Tyler right in the face after I figure out what the hell his problem is," Steven stated as he threw his leg over the railing. He looked down and said, "Wish me luck."

"Punch him once for me," Aaron called out.

Steven walked over to the door and peered into the room. He saw Tyler sitting on the bed, a prescription bottle in his left hand and a pencil in his right. He seemed to be pondering over a letter he was writing, his face sad and blotchy from crying. He took a deep breath and walked into the room. "Oh, there you are. I was looking for you."

"What...what do you want?" Tyler asked as he jumped to his feet while trying to hide the bottle behind his back.

"Just some chit and some chat," Steven stated calmly as he walked over the bed and sat down next to his teammate.

"Come up here to make fun of your queer teammate." Tyler said with disgust in his voice.

"You should know me better than that," Steven said softly.

"They're all down there laughing at me," Tyler stated in anger. "I can hear them."

"No one's laughing at you, "Steven said as he leaned back and rested against the headboard. "They're worried about their friend. They 're curious why'd you lock yourself in Mindy's parents bedroom. They hope you are okay. But no one's laughing at you."

"Why not?" Tyler asked even as he avoided looking at his teammate.

"Because we have good friends," Steven explained. "And no one knows why you're trapped in this room."

"You...didn't...say anything?"

"Why should I? It's no one's business."

Tyler took a deep breath and said, "I made a mess of things, didn't I?"

"Pretty much," Steven agreed. "But it's nothing that can't be explained away by too much beer."

Tyler pulled his legs up and wrapped his arms around his knees. "I never wanted you to find out."

"Blame it on the beer," Steven said. "That's what I do."

"You don't drink," Tyler said with a small smile.

"True, but no one knows that."

Tyler laughed and put the bottle of prescription pills on the bed between them. "It's, i just saw you sitting there in the moonlight, shirtless, and for a moment, when you said i was good looking and funny, I hoped you felt the same way about me."

"I meant what I said Tyler," Steven said in a gentle tone. "Your'e funny, and good looking, any girl...any boy would be lucky to have you for a boyfriend."

"But not you."

"I'm sorry Tyler," Steven said with a pat on his knee. "I don't feel the same way about you."

"I know."

Steven grabbed the bottle of pills and looked at the label. Despite the mood in the room, he grinned and asked, "So what's with the pills and the sudden urge to become a writer?"

Tyler laughed and admitted, "I don't know, I'm just stupid."

"That's your first problem," Steven said as he stood up. "You shouldn't try and make life-changing decision while intoxicated."

"Don't make fun of me," Tyler said though he was still smiling.

"I wasn't, not much," Steven said. He put his arm out and touch his friend on the shoulder. "Were you really thinking about killing yourself?"

"For a moment, maybe," Tyler said in a quiet voice.

"Because you can't have me or because everyone might know you're gay?" Steven asked.

"Both, maybe," Tyler said with a sad laugh. "Sounds pathetic."

"Yep, considering you were going to kill yourself with anti-gas pills," Steven said as he tossed the bottle of pills between Tyler's legs.

"What?" Tyler blurted out and reached for the bottle. "What do you know? I just saw the bottle in the cabinet and grabbed it. I'd figure they'd do the trick."

Steven grabbed his friend and said, "Seriously, this was stupid."

"I know," Tyler whispered. "I'm just so lonely and tired of hiding."

"Tyler, I won't pretend to know what you're going through," Steven lied. "But nothing is ever so bad that you have to give up."

Tyler looked into Steven's eyes and said, "You don't know how bad I want you."

"You don't want me," Steven said."

"Yes I do."

"No, you don't," Steven stated and turned away. "You want an idea of me, the person you fantasize about, it's not really me. It's all smoke and mirrors, shadows of something not even real."

"You don't understand," Tyler said, "You're perfect."

Steven shook his head, "I'm not perfect. Ask my parents, or even better yet, ask Aaron. He'll tell you. He's seen all my faults. I'm petty, selfish, and there are times when I'm the biggest asshole you'll ever meet. I'm just like you, I'm just me."

"I wouldn't care," Tyler said definitely. "I want you anyway."

"Somewhere out there," Steven said earnestly. "Is the perfect boy just for you. He'll accept you despite all your faults, and you'll love him in spite of his."

"Are you sure you can't be that boy?"

Steven shook his head. "Sorry Tyler, I don't feel the same way you do."

"I know," Tyler said in defeat. "It was worth a shot."

"Are you okay now," Steven asked.

"Yes, I think so."

"Good, because I'm tired and want to go home," Steven said and gave the boy a hug.

Tyler squeezed back and then stretched through a yawn. Steven looked down and when Tyler stretched his shirt rode up showing his stomach. It also showed the top of a pair of black speedos peeking out over the tops of his jeans. A pair of black speedos that he was currently missing. He pushed that thought from his mind and all the implications that went with it and headed towards the door.

"Wait," Tyler called out and stood in front of the door.

"What?"

"What are we going to tell Mindy?"

"I don't suppose the truth," Steven said but the look of horror on Tyler's face silenced him.

He thought for a moment before he said, "Why don't we say you had some bad gas pains and you have to relieve yourself in private?"

"That's kind of gross don't you think?"

"All right Einstein, you come up with something." Steven challenged him.

Tyler rolled his eyes and reached for the doorknob. "Fine, I had explosive farts."

"Anyone on the swim team would vouch for that."

Before Tyler opened the door, Steven ran over to the bed and grabbed the half-finished note that Tyler had been writing. He shoved it in his pocket and said, "It's going to be all right, trust me."

"I know, thanks."

"It might feel weird at first, but you can talk to me about this anytime," Steven said and hugged the boy again. He ignored the sigh that escaped Tyler's lips. That was something Tyler would have to figure out on his own.

"Thank you, Steven," Tyler whispered in his ear. "For everything."

When the door opened, Aaron stood there against the wall on his phone. When he saw the two of them walk out together, he smiled. "You okay Tyler."'

"I think I"m going to be," Tyler replied.

"Good," Aaron said with a grin. He punched Tyler on the arm playfully and said, "Now that you're gay, I like you even more."

Tyler gave Steven an accusatory look and said, "No one, huh?"

Steven shrugged and said, "It's only Aaron, he's definitely no one. Everyone knows that."

"Besides," Aaron said as he put his arm around Tyler's shoulders, "Have two people who know you're gay and still likes you is better than only having one, right?"

"That's right," Tyler said. "That's right."

"And unlike the shy guppy over there" Aaron said in a conspiratorial tone. "I wouldn't mind if you stared at me in the showers at all."

"Kind of sure of yourself, aren't you," Tyler quipped.

"When you have it, you have it," Aaron declared.

"That's true, Tyler," Steven said and then looked at Aaron. "When you get it, let us know us, okay?"

Aaron pretended to shiver and said, "Damn weatherman was right."

"What?" Tyler asked as he looked first to Aaron and then to Steven.

Steven chuckled. "Inside joke, don't worry about stinky boy over there."

They arrived downstairs and after a few minutes with first Tyler and then Steven glossing over the details of the nights events. And after Mindy arched her eyebrow and made sure Tyler would never do that again, they all hugged and went about saying their goodbyes.

Once the three boys were at the end of the driveway, Aaron turned to Tyler and asked, "Are you sure you're cool enough to drive?"

"Yeah, I"ll be fine. I seem to have lost my buzz."

"Okay, see you later," Aaron said before giving the boy and hug. Steven did the same thing and said, "See you tomorrow bright and early at the pool."

"Later."

Steven grabbed Aaron's arm and pushed him towards the car to leave Tyler staring at them. Aaron reached in his pocket for his keys and handed them to Steven. "I think I owe you some fun on the ride home tonight."

"Now that's kinky," Steven said with a grin.

When they reached Aaron's car, the heard Tyler call out, "Aaron."

"Yeah?"

"Don't worry, you have it."

Aaron laughed and said, "Perv."

"He's right you know," Steven stated with a look of lust in his eyes. "You do have it."

Aaron opened the passenger door and said, "What fresh hell is this?"

Steven looked in the back of the car and muttered out his own curse. Mike was sprawled out in the back seat, a full cup of beer nestled between his legs. And from the noises he was making, he was fast asleep.

"This night keeps getting better and better," Aaron said angrily. He reached into the back seat and grabbed the cup of beer. After he dumped it on the ground, he climbed inside and sat down.

Steven walked around to the drivers side and said, "God hates us. God really does hate faggots."

"Maybe not all faggots," Aaron countered. "But I do believe he hates us."

"Looks like I'll have to give you a rain check on road head," Aaron said with a sigh as he leaned back into the seat.

"Why not?" Steven muttered, "It seems to be the growing trend of today."

Aaron hid a yawn behind one hand and said, "Take me home, Jeeves."

"Oh yeah, God hates me."

Final Part will be posted in the next few days
Copyright © 2018 Jason Rimbaud; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..