Jump to content
    jazziebabe
  • Author
  • 2,244 Words
  • 819 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Torîq - 3. Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE

Two weeks had passed since Torîq’s break up with Matt and things had taken a turn for the worse. Instead of becoming sullen or pathetically depressed like most individuals would have been after a break-up, Torîq had thrown himself deeper into his character. He was blatantly hurtful whenever he spoke and everyone except VJ was on the receiving end of his insults.

“Alright, what’s going on?” Janique asked one evening as they sat down for dinner.

“What are you talking about mother?” Torîq asked spearing a piece of baked potato on the end of his fork.

“Your behavior Tori—,”

“Please don’t call me that,” Torîq said wincing. Matt was the one who had given him that nickname, before that he was TJ to VJ and Torîq to everyone else.

“Why not, I thought you liked that name especially when Matt—”

“Mom,” Jessie interrupted this time but it was too late.

“I think I’ve lost my appetite,” Torîq said dropping his fork unto his plate “I’m going out,” and he left the table making his way for the door.

“What did I say?” Janique asked as Jessie, Victor and VJ stared at her.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Jessie said getting ready to go.

“No, I’ll do it, he’s less likely to bite my head off,” VJ said excusing himself. He grabbed two jackets off the cloak hanger before going after his brother. He didn’t have to go far, as Torîq was sitting on the pavement of their house with his head in his hands.

“I brought this for you,” VJ said throwing the cloak over Torîq's shoulders and putting the hood over his head before sitting next to him. It was a raining a little, even though they were supposed to be well away from hurricane season. “You can talk to me you know TJ,”

“How has school been for you?” Torîq asked wiping his eyes. The fact that he had changed the topic meant that he was still sweeping the issue under the mat and VJ didn’t like that but he wouldn’t push too hard.

“Really boring, nothing quite eventful has happened since my fight with Derrick,” VJ said earning a chuckle from Torîq. “What about you? Have you tried speaking to Matt since the break-up?” VJ asked. He had known about his brother and Matt’s relationship after he had a particular bad dream one night and walked in on the two making-out. VJ decided to keep his mouth shut about it until Torîq thought it was time for him to know.

“I really don’t wanna talk about Matt,” Torîq replied with a heavy sigh. After a few minutes of silence had passed Torîq spoke. “You know what hurts the most VJ; he didn’t even give me a reason. He just ended it, two years of telling me how much he loved me and I get no explanation for why he dumps me.” He sobbed and VJ placed a comforting arm around his shoulder.

“He’s a jerk for leaving you TJ, no matter the reason, he didn’t deserve you anyway,” VJ said running his hand through his brother’s hair before kissing the top of his head.

“Or maybe it was that I didn’t deserve him,” Torîq whispered. “You know, I never intended to cry for him, I’ve been the meanest me possible and I was barely able to fight the urges to cry. I really miss him VJ,” he said holding on to the front of his brother’s cloak while he sobbed.

“Shh,shh, it’s alright,” VJ cooed while he continued to smooth Torîq’s hair.

********** ********** **********

After that night there was a notable improvement in Torîq behavior; well he was still self-absorbed and overly sarcastic but with less hurt. He was able to walk with his head held high once more and even braved eye-contact with Matt whenever they passed each other in the halls. His mind was set on getting over the one person who sent his emotions into overdrive.

A month had passed and things began to take a turn in Torîq’s life. There was a new student, the only kid to have entered the school so close to mid-terms in the institution’s history. But it was football season and Timothy Franklin was a jock, a very good one from his previous schools' history. The only issue with this kid was that he was not what one would call a model student. He was forever getting into all kinds of trouble; fights, drugs, you name it he’s done it.

One week after his arrival at the school Tim, as he was called, had a run in with Torîq.

“Watch were you’re going midget,” Tim said pushing Torîq back from him aggressively causing him to drop some of the books he was carrying.

“What’s your fucking problem Franklin, leave him alone.” It was Matt speaking. Torîq couldn’t help but feel like things were back to normal with Matt looking out for him, that he still cared but as soon as the thought came it was countered with those six words echoing in his head. Torîq,I’m breaking up with you.

“He needs to look where he’s going,” Tim said before walking away. Matt attempted to help Torîq but he shrugged him off.

“Thanks, but I don’t need your help, just go back to pretending I don’t exist.” Torîq said with as much contempt as he could muster.

“I wasn’t— look we need to talk Tori,” Matt said placing a hand Torîq’s shoulder.

“To say what, that you’re sorry you hurt me? Look it’s ok; I’m over it. I was wrong to think that your professed love was worth anything more than a thank-you for the help with your school work and all the blow-jobs.” Toriq said angrily and before he walked away he saw Matt’s eyes gloss up. Good, at least he had inflicted a small amount of the pain he felt... still feel on Matt.

The bell rang and Torîq made his way to his pre-calculus class. This was one of the classes he had with Matt but it was fairly easy to ignore him here since the subject pretty much called for total use of the brain capacity.

“Did you really mean what you said?” Matt asked as soon as he took his usual seat next to Torîq.

“Did you mean it when you said it was—?” Torîq began but the teacher interrupted.

“Is there something you’d like to share with the class Mr. Jackson?” Torîq began to say something quick-witted but stopped himself.

“Actually Mr. Carr I was wondering if anyone would like to switch seats it’s becoming increasingly hard to concentrate from here.” Torîq said glancing at Matt then back to the teacher.

“Any takers?” Mr. Carr asked rolling his eye. One girl sitting close to the front smiled and raised her hand. At the moment her name eluded Torîq but the look she had reminded him of the feeling he had… still has for Matt. For a while he felt jealous but quickly shook it off.

“Awesome,” Torîq said in a flat monotonous voice. He took his bag and made his way to the seat that was now made available for him. From the corner of his eye he saw Matt place his head on the desk and kept it there.

The bell rang and Matt was the first one out of the classroom even thought his chair was located a good distance away from the door. Torîq wondered briefly why he felt so bad for hurting Matt like that but it quickly disappeared when he saw Tim walking over to him.

“You’re still in my way midget,” Tim said when he was standing merely inches away.

“Really Tim, this bad boy act, it’s gonna get old really fast. It’s like you’re reading from a book; attend a school find the weakest queerest looking person around and make him afraid of you. Well guess what breeder, I’m not afraid of you, so back-off or I’m gonna make your life here the beginning of a miserable one” Torîq said glaring at Tim, daring him to make a move. Nobody, except his family members knew that he was a black belt in karate. He was capable of defending himself well and had even taught VJ a few simple things.

“Relax Jackson; I was just fucking with you. Anyway, I was told you are the man to talk to for tutoring.”

“What makes you think I’ll help you?” Torîq asked starting to walk away from him.

“I’ll pay you, fifty bucks per session.” Tim said walking after him. Toriq scoffed and shook his head.

“I wonder what made you think I’d even consider doing it for the money, I don’t need it.” Torîq said smugly.

“Look man, I’m desperate, sports is the only thing I have going on for me and if I can’t get to have that then—” he left his sentence hanging but Toriq got the implied meaning. He began thinking about the benefits it would have for him such as occupying his time and so limit his thoughts about Matt but still he wouldn’t let this bully think he was a sucker for honesty and all that goofy show of emotions.

“I could care less about your desperation to be a good athlete or sportsman or whatever you guys call yourselves nowadays and I don’t care two bits about the impending rise in your bully level if you don’t get to play. Just leave me alone ok.” Torîq said rather harshly and that had gotten Tim to stop walking after him. Truth be told Torîq felt bad about the exchange but Tim had to learn some humility. If he really needed the help he would find away to swallow his wounded pride and ask for it again.

He was just turning the last corner which led to the main hall close to the school’s exit when he slammed body-to-body into someone.

“Can we talk please?” It was Matt. He was holding Toriq's arms in an effort to steady him after the collision but let go as Toriq stared menacingly at those hands hands.

“I thought you had said everything you had to a month ago.” Toriq said pushing pass him roughly but before he could get too far away Matt held on to his wrist and pulled him back. They were standing so close that Toriq could feel Matt’s warm breath caressing his face as he breathed through his nostrils. Before Toriq could regain his composure and move away, Matt took his face in his palms and kissed him. It felt really good and Toriq responded to him by allowing his tongue to explore the once familiar territory of the inside of Matt’s mouth. The kiss became more sensual as the minutes increased and Toriq’s hunger for more heightened. Their bodies were pressed so tightly together it was impossible for even the wind to pass through.

The sound of someone applauding caused them to pull apart and Matt - as if on auto-pilot - pushed Toriq away from him.

“I was really enjoying the show guys. Oh Matt, what’d you do that for?” It was Tim, he had a huge grin plastered over his face but it was turned upside down when Mat shoved Toriq and he fell to the floor.

“I’m sorry Tori,” Matt said moving to where Toriq was on the ground. He was holding his hand awkwardly and winced when Matt touched it.

“Are you alright?” Tim asked watching as Toriq allowed Matt to help him up but shrugged out of his embrace as soon as he had his balance.

“I’m fine, now if you’ll excuse me, I think I have a broken arm to tend to.” Toriq said wincing as he attempted to hold the hand down to his side. He wasn’t flamingly gay or anything but he wasn't deeply closeted or feared being outed as badly as Matt. Toriq thought that the fact that he had kissed him in the hallway was actually Matt's way of showing him that he didn’t care what others think but now he knew he was wrong and he had a broken arm to show for it.

“Tori, I’m sorry.” Matt apologized to Toriq's retreating frame.

“You’ve been apologizing a lot lately Matt, be careful you don’t become a professional and it loses its sincerity.” Toriq replied holding his broken arm so that Matt could get the irony of the situation before turning and walking away. Matt stood rooted to the spot staring after Toriq. His heart screamed 'go after him' but still he stood. His heart throbbed with pain as the realization that he had managed to hurt Toriq yet again overwhelmed him. His brain registered only two things: one, Toriq probably wouldn't give him another chance and two, it was all Tim's fault.

"You son of a bitch," Matt growled rounding on Tim. He swung wildly at the boy's head but Tim ducked out of the way and Matt's hand connected with the near-by wall.

"Chill out man, I don't wanna hurt you," Tim said taking a defensive stance preparing to defend himself even if it meant kicking his quarter back's ass. Other than the moves he saw in action films, Matt had no experience in fighting so going up against a big bully like Tim was a very bad idea. Matt didn't care he wanted Tim to feel his pain, or maybe he was just lashing out for being such an ass-hole. But before Matt could try swinging at Tim again two things happened, his brain registered the terrible pain in his hand and he collapsed.

Don't forget to leave your comments...
©Copyright (2011) (Diedre-Ann Campbell); All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am disliking Matt more and more.. I swear he needs to get a pair of balls.. Maybe Toriq and Tim should get together.. he seems not too homophobic for a bullying jock!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 03/13/2011 06:47 AM, Jazzy said:
I am disliking Matt more and more.. I swear he needs to get a pair of balls.. Maybe Toriq and Tim should get together.. he seems not too homophobic for a bullying jock!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Lol.. i'm sorry about that Jazzy.. i'm sure Matt will do what is right in the end.hey we kind of have the same names :P
Link to comment

I like very much. I don't want to say anything about the characters yet except that they've hooked me, all of 'em. I look forward to other chapters.:P:great:

Link to comment
On 03/15/2011 12:29 AM, Michael9344 said:
I like very much. I don't want to say anything about the characters yet except that they've hooked me, all of 'em. I look forward to other chapters.:P:great:
Thanks Michael.. I'll try to get the others posted as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to review as weel :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..