Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - 4. Does Your Mother Know? from Mamma Mia

A light-sounding tune was being played against the vocal backdrop of the lake water being affected by the extreme winds that were roaring through the area that night. The waves of the lake began to crash against the bridge and you wouldn’t believe that it could be safe to be out in that evening. When you looked around, there were people taking shelter in corners and under trees.

If you were to look into the café, you would notice that the light-sounding tune was coming from it. The party was in full swing. There were balloons tied to each and every chair. The manager, Carlson, had gone to full lengths for this party. Carlson was leaning against the bar and he thought to himself, “Exactly as it should be every day. I hope this brings more interest.”

Carlson stared at the three people he had on duty for the evening.

Mellissa; she was wearing her uniform very incorrectly, with her shirt unbuttoned showing her red bra. And her skirt was extremely short. She was obviously trying to pick up a girl. She was over in the corner with the arty girls of the town. Carlson thought to himself, “Ask no questions, get no answers...”

Jacob; he is a part time worker at the café, very quiet, doesn’t like to get involved in any drama.

And then, of course, there was Tony; a natural born flirt, he charmed all the girls out of their seats, even though Carlson was convinced that he was gay, the way he held himself was a sure giveaway.

But still, Carlson was never right about people.

As he surveyed the room, he noticed that Tony was staring outside of the café into the dark winds of the horrendous night and he thought that he was in another world, somewhere much more relaxing than where he was at the moment.

Carlson walked over to him and said, “Tony... Earth to Tony, anybody in there?”

“Oh... sorry...”

“Where were you? It looked nice...” asked Carlson sarcastically.

“Oh... sorry, I was looking for someone...”

Tony, at this moment, stared down at his hands and thought, “She isn’t coming. I knew she wouldn’t.”

As he thought this, the door to the café swung open and every head in the room moved towards it. There she was standing, dressed ready for the night and ready for anything. Tony looked at her and his eyes lit up. He stared at her for what could easily have been a minute and she slinked up to the bar. The way she walked made her dress slide sensually about her, making it wave in attractive fashion. Once again, every man in the room had to look away from her, but the artistic ones in the corner just looked in total awe at her. Her sequins shone lightly against the beams of light coming from the lamps in the room, making her look like an angel from heaven.

She stares at Carlson and says, “Gin and Tonic...” She took a long breath in, “On the rocks.” She stared more deeply at him.

“Er... coming right... up,” he replied, barely controlling himself.

As he passed Tony he whispered, “Get in there, mate.” Carlson walked off chuckling to himself, wondering what he is meant to do. He knew that Tony wouldn’t find her attractive in any way, shape or form...

“Why hello there, handsome... where’s my drink?” She parted her lips slightly into a seductive smile.

“Oh... Carlson is just getting it...” He looked around and saw Carlson and mouthed, “Help me.”

Carlson mouthed back, “No Way.”

Erica slid her hand up his arm and touched him on the lips “Oh... I would have wanted to get it from you...”

Tony shuddered lightly, but kept his composure and said, “I’m sure you would... so what can I do for you?”

She thought for a second and came up with an idea. “How about a song?”

He took this by surprise and replied, “A what?”

She giggled loudly and told him, “On the Karaoke.”

Looking over at the machine he thought, “God help me.” He stared at her and sighed and said, “Oh... okay...”

Tony made his way up to the machine and stayed there for a good ten minutes looking at the songs he could sing, then he found the right one.

Clearing his throat he said, “Evening all, I know I’m working but I hope you enjoy this...”

He began to sing those miraculous lyrics...

“Though I’ve tried to tell her, all the feelings I have for her in my heart.”
He continued to sing the song passionately....

Carlson approached and whispered to Tony, “Hey, you can leave. I’ll finish this one off for you...”

Tony made his way over to Erica and said, “Hi... would you like to go somewhere?”

“Depends where...”

“Oh... just a little bridge... it’s only across the road... I find it amazing...”

“Okay...”

As they left the café, Carlson began to sing again.

“Every little thing she does is magic, every little thing just turns me on...”

They began to walk across the road and they both stared up at the night sky. The moon shone so lightly that they could only just see where they were going.

“This isn’t what I would call a traditional romance,” Erica joked.

They stopped walking and they paused on the bridge; Tony looked down and blushed lightly. He could see their reflection on the water. Two swans began to swim on the water and swam around their reflection. Tony was scared by the obvious symbolism...

Erica stared at his love-longing eyes and he stared down at her. Just as the swans took flight over and above them, circling each other, Tony and Erica parted their lips slightly and he touched his to hers. Tony could feel things turning in his stomach that he had never felt before. They parted lips once more, but this time going in for the kill, Tony kissed her with a much more powerful force...

Brandon approached the bridge and began to cross over when he saw the pair of them. He smiled and thought, “That could be us in 30 year’s time...” He passed them and walked up to a phone box. He put Ivan’s phone number in; he knew it off by heart. “Hello, Ivan? ... Hi babe... I’m just on my way...”

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..