Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic - 6. Just One Step from Songs For A New World

The clock chimed 6am as the paper boy arrived with the morning news. The day was Sunday, the 28th June 1959. The headline blared “Minister For The Environment In Seaside Sex Scandal”. The phone rang loudly and a shout could be heard from Erica’s room...

“Who in god's name is calling at this bloody hour?”

Ivan woke up with a shock and realised that Brandon was no longer next to him... “How odd...” he whispered to himself. He then noticed Brandon’s note and sighed to himself. “I knew he wouldn’t stay the entire night with me.”

He quickly raced over to answer the phone and shouted back, “Mother, it's Mellissa, for me.”

“Oh... okay!”

He hastily picked up the phone again. “What in god's name do you want!” he shouted down the phone at Mellissa.

“Well, if you’re going to act like that I guess I just won't have to tell you what we did last night, eh?"

"What are you getting at?"

"You know... me and you together... in the living room... candles... chocolates... all that soppy love stuff? You don’t remember?"

"Oh… I get it... you have a cover story for me... you know I love you sometimes,” he giggled. “Don’t be so dirty! ... You have to remember about a certain someone at a certain time… huh? ... You what? ... You invited Brandon on holiday? ... I’m going on holiday with you? ... When was I going to be told this? ... Oh... today, when I get up… oh, okay… I love you Mellissa! ... Okay… okay… see you later then… okay… bye.” The phone clicked as the call ended.

What a perfect reason to have him for a week, just my mother and us... damn it…

***

The car pulled up outside the house as everyone pulled themselves in. The men, Tony, Ivan and Brandon, put the suitcases into the back of the car, ready to travel to the airport. The two ladies grabbed the back seat of the car. Erica felt awfully uncomfortable being forced to sit next to Mellissa but you win some and you lose some. Brandon got into the car first, “Ladies... Mellissa... Mrs. Rosalia.” She gave him a sneer and Brandon thought, “Tthat’s what you get for trying to be nice…”

The car journey was very desirable, but Ivan was forced to sit next to his mother, which wasn’t very good, considering he had Brandon sat opposite him rubbing his foot with his shoe, which was affecting Ivan terribly. Ivan had to turn away and look at Tony, who was opposite Erica, to stop the feeling inside his trousers. Brandon was staring at Mellissa vacantly as Mellissa mouthed “Focus on him, not me.”

“What was that my dear?” Erica said in her elderly tone.

“Oh it was nothing..."

"No, go on... tell me..."

"I was telling him I loved him, alright?"

"News to me...”

Erica looked away as Brandon mouthed “F*** Off” at Mellissa.

Melissa replied with just two words “No Way.”

The rest of the journey was fine, up to a point, then the chaos resumed as they had to unload the car and get into the airport, ready for the extremely long flight they had ahead of them. They walked into the long corridor heading for the duty-freeduty free area as Mellissa groaned “I don’t have someone… I want someone... anyone... as long as they're my type… I’m so jealous of you… I mean someone here...”

Erica gave her another snide look as they got into the duty free area.

Tony said, “Right kids, you can go wander for a while, be back at this spot in 2 hours time."

"But Tony!"

"No. Let them have their freedom just this once."

"Oh alright…”

The three teenagers started to walk away and Brandon and Ivan began to look a little edgy and as Mellissa noticed this she muttered “Alright... go do whatever you have to do… just don’t stain or something…”

“Mellissa!... We’re not going to do anything...” Brandon blushed.

“You think we’re not...” Ivan winked at him.

“OH GUYS PUH-LEASE!! In case you’ve not noticed, I don’t like guys and I don’t wanna have to sit next to you guys on this plane if you're gonna be feeling each other up all the way. So just go fuck and leave me to go stare at hot girls.”

Ivan stared over Mellissa's shoulder and burst out laughing at the woman flinching as she walked away from them. She apparently heard what Mellissa just said.

“What?” she asked.

He pointed...

“Oh.” She laughed even louder which caused people to stare at them. “It's unfair you know."

"What is?"

"We’ll see you later okay honey?"

"Yes, okay.” She walked off smiling into the distance.

“Will she be okay?"

"Course she will.” They walked off in the other direction.

The time clicked on...

Erica stared vacantly at the clock and spoke to Tony, “We had best head back... they’ll be there by now." Just as she said this she saw Mellissa approaching with a balloon and an ice cream, looking like a five year old child. What has that girl gotten herself into?

Tony shouted “Mellissa, oOver here!”

Mellissa saw them and began to run over but slipped on a wet part of the floor and screamed. “Someone ought to put a sign up."

"There's one just there, Mmiss...” She saw Brandon smiling down at her pointing.

“Shut up, Brandon… Where's Ivan?"

"Oh...” He giggled sweetly. “He’s sort of… cleaning up, you know? ... We've never done it there before..."

"Okay, too much information, Brandon, tooooo much information...”

Erica whispered under her breath to Tony “What are they doing… she's up… Brandon's back... oh… oh god… where's Ivan? I’ve lost him... oh god…”

He faced her and kissed her sweetly on the lips “Calm down, Babe. We know we can trust them...” Tony smiled at his false phrasing, just to cheer her up., Hhe already knew, he knew everything. He caught them once. Never said anything,. bBut he knew... and that’s what made their relationship to him even more deadly than belief.

“You know what's really unfair. I don’t have anyone. Tony has Erica. Brandon, you have Ivan. And me... I get left to pick up the pieces... Ddo you know when it's going to be my time? My time for some happiness...”

“Jesus that was deep honey... err... it’s coming... sooner than you think I’m sure...” Brandon squirmed feeling extremely uncomfortable in the situation he had been forced into. Hurry up Ivan...

“You look unbelievably uncomfortable. Now shut up and hug me.” She thrust herself into his arms.

Ivan walked up behind them. “Mellissa... is there something you’re not telling me?” He giggled childishly.

“Eww. No.” She nudged him in the crotch. “I’m never touching that in my life."

"Right... you two go hump in a corner. I’m going back to my mother and Tony.”

He started to walk away and once again the words “Help Me” were mouthed by Brandon.

Ivan turned around and shouted “You Owe Me! ... Mellissa, come over and walk with me.”

She ran over quickly and clung to him like a lost puppy... she really did need someone.

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..