Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lonely Differences - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

From within the darkness the creatures sat, waiting for their next victim. Wanting to taste more blood but not the blood of their own kind. Professor Cross’ blood was not pure enough, they needed a boy. A boy’s blood. A boy of purity.

A boy like Eric…

**

The two boys knocked nervously on the headmasters door and looked into each other eyes. They could both see the fear that they both felt.

‘Come in’ the headmaster pronounced in pain.

Calvin was the first to speak out of the two boys ‘Sir, you asked Eric to come see you and to bring a friend. I’m his friend, Calvin…’

Professor Stoker coughed and spluttered and said ‘I know who you both are. I know every student. Now, to get to business’. He sat down in his large armchair, his cloak barely covering the marks that he had received on his neck.

Eric was silent. He was far too nervous to make any statements.

The professor spoke slowly ‘As you know boys, this school is not what it seems. Have either of you heard of the Cult of Montessori?’

Calvin spoke up, ‘No sir. Neither of us have. Sir, may we sit down?’

‘Of course boys, please take a seat. Enjoy your last moments…’

Eric quickly sniped, ‘What?’

‘Show some respect boy! I said enjoy this moments with me. I very rarely see any regular students. I only ever teach those who have been selected.’.

Calvin smiled at the professor and took a seat on the floor next to him, directly near a shadow and spoke, ‘Sir, If you don’t mind me asking, how do you get selected?’.

‘My boy, that is what you and Eric are here for. You are both to be selected. I shall tell you everything. Then I will give you the option to remember or to forget. If you remember you shall join the other specialised students and you won’t remember a thing about your past lives. Only each other.’ He ran his finger along his cloak leading to the ruby brooch that kept the gown together. ‘However, should you choose to forget, then I’m afraid I would just have to kill you.’

Eric saw something wrong. ‘So basically you are saying become part of your cult or die?’

A figure from the corner laughed, ‘Of course you stupid boy’. One of the chosen few approached through the shadows and dropped down to Calvin’s level and smelt his hair. ‘Fresh meat. What are we do with these master?’
‘Restrain them’.

There was a sudden flash of light and Eric couldn’t see anything. He was blind in his emotions and his senses. All he could hear was screaming. Such loud screaming. It hurt his head. He felt something drip down his shirt, it wasn’t a normal liquid. It was as if something had been bitten and was falling down his shirt. He moved his hand slowly onto his shirt and touched the unfamiliar liquid and tasted it…

It was blood.

And he loved it.

He was feeling a sudden attraction to it. Almost as if he had to kill for it.

‘My boy… You are ready. But I think it would be best to do the weaker one first.’ The elderly gentleman stood and turned to stand over Calvin. Calvin was juddering, a side that I had never seen before. He was afraid for his life.

That was when I saw it. It was his blood that was on my shirt. They had bitten him. Another human being had bitten another. This wasn’t normal, even in cannibal sects.

Calvin gasped…

‘Help me Eric. They are changing me. They are vampires! Vampires goddamn it! Why didn’t I see it?’ Suddenly, the boy sunk his sharp teeth into Calvin’s juicy neck draining the blood out of him.

The headmaster grunted ‘We cannot live without a fresh blood supply. Sadly, we have to turn the people we drink. Why do you think I take students from bad backgrounds? Or slightly odd circumstances. They are never missed…’

Eric strained ‘So I’m guessing the missing professors and your chosen few are Vamps too…’

He chanted with a loud roar. ‘We are not Vamps. We are the Cult of Montessori. And we are here to take over each of you students to form an army.’

‘An army for what?’

‘Destruction of the pitiful human race.’

‘Why?’

‘Because we were here first. Before you developing. We took the blood of animals but we preferred your blood when we hunted you. Then you developed fire and guns and forced us underground. Welcome to the greatest cover up in human history.’

‘Shit…’ It was about the only response he could come up with.

The old man bent down and finished Calvin off while he writhed and gagged in the other boys arms until Calvin rose. He was white as a sheet. Blood seeping from his gums where a pair of almost sabertooth like fangs had erected. He launched himself into my arms and kissed me passionately then without warning sunk his teeth into my neck.

This was it. My life over.

God help the rest of the human race…

***

I had been part of the Cult for three months now. We fed on the students that walked in the corridor. We had set warnings, we were not allowed to directly take students. We had to ask them to pay the price and if they didn’t pay the price we had to bite them and take them. What? We gave them a warning…

We had grown in number. Grown in such grandeur. The Grandmaster (The Headmaster as the older students knew him) had grown weak. He was feeble and we doubted he would make it through the summer. So we had to decide our new leader. We chose Professor Shelfort, He was the oldest vampire, only by a week but we chose him because in the Cult we are taught to respect our elders.

Another sad thing had happened. Calvin had over stepped his mark on his first feed, me. He had over done it so to speak. He overloaded with blood and died.

He died slowly.

If a vampire overtakes his blood, his system becomes clogged and it cannot allow the flow of blood to go around. Much like the human body.

My mind has been transformed since the death of Calvin, my one true love. I know it now. And I always will do. I have that scar upon my heart for the rest of my existence. 4000 years is the average age.

God help me…

We are the Chosen Few and we are here to take over those that refuse to become part of the original race. I feel my old self trying to fight through. But I was a lonely figure. I prefer my old life.

I like having those differences from the humans.

The only thing that breaks us apart is the only thing that Vampires cannot do.

Love.

It is the only part of those lonely differences that I detest…

I’ve decided to die. I’m going to throw myself from this window and hope I never wake up.

I cannot live another 3000 and something without something or someone to love…

These are the moments I want to be that boy that was always different…

That’s what I always was.

The kid that was different. I want to go back although I know in my deepest heart of hearts…

I cannot.

Goodbye life.

I will miss you.

I threw myself off the balcony and all I could see was the light coming towards me.

I was home.

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

you know I should say I hate you for that... -_- it's sad I don't like sad endings.... i really really don't....

there is enough sadness in the world without adding more... even my sad stories i try to leave it in the air to the readers interpetation... :P that's now much bad endings bug me.

You started slipping from first person to third person perspective in, the 3rd chapter I think it was, and back again, you need to stick with it...

Now i need go into a corner and cry, thanks for that JC :,(:P

Link to comment
On 11/30/2013 12:23 PM, Celethiel said:
you know I should say I hate you for that... -_- it's sad I don't like sad endings.... i really really don't....

there is enough sadness in the world without adding more... even my sad stories i try to leave it in the air to the readers interpetation... :P that's now much bad endings bug me.

You started slipping from first person to third person perspective in, the 3rd chapter I think it was, and back again, you need to stick with it...

Now i need go into a corner and cry, thanks for that JC :,(:P

hehe :D Awww :D Yeah bad JC for slipping :P

 

Thanks for the review :) I like sad endings :P

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Calvin dies? Seriously? And from too much blood? Where's a good vampire doctor when you need one? Then Erik too? I've got to agree with cele, too sad. When I want to be sad, depressed, and angry, I turn on the news. :P

Link to comment
On 04/29/2015 12:05 AM, drpaladin said:
Calvin dies? Seriously? And from too much blood? Where's a good vampire doctor when you need one? Then Erik too? I've got to agree with cele, too sad. When I want to be sad, depressed, and angry, I turn on the news. :P
Hehe I was in a moody period when I wrote this :P Not everyone dies in stuff I write lol but i od like sad :D thanks for reading :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..