Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,333 Words
  • 1,354 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Star's Element - 2. Blues meet Greys

Tobias

I can barely see the sky now. Green leaves cover almost everything above me. It is both amazing and terrifying.

What kind of mage is powerful enough to do this? I do not know of anyone that can bring back life. Perhaps a god could but I haven’t ever heard of such a thing happening. I mean...look at this place. Surely a god would have done this to the countless other parts of the world that are in the same condition. Or...were.

Birds fly from one tree to the other. Small rodents chase each other on the new grown grass. The smell of decay is gone and is replaced by the sweet smell of small yellow flowers.

It is beautiful here. A bit thick in the foliage but still beautiful.

I swing my new arm around and whenever I can, I run it against tree trucks and any bushes and leaves that are close. I never thought I would have this feeling again. I will forever be grateful for this mysterious mage.

Behind me, there is a small baby deer. Their white spots betray them in the green bush. It is watching me closely before another deer comes up behind it. It is the mother. They wouldn’t happen to be the bodies I found earlier would they?

The power of resurrection.

Where has this person been all this time? Gods knows Thymestrys needs that power. Bringing the souls back to the humans would be incredibly useful. They are falling as if there is a plague. Could this finally be the answer?

I pick off a flower that has twisted itself around the trunk of a tree. The yellow petals are soft on my new fingers and I smile.

Healing injuries and bringing back missing limbs. The wonders this person could do for others.

Then I frown. No doubt people would take advantage of it. Well, they would try too at least. After seeing the colorful display before, they could defend themselves easily. A mage with that power could easily fight off any foe that comes their way.

A loud screech fills the skies. I wince at the pitch. It’s some bird. A damn loud bird. Perhaps that one could have stayed dead.

A gust of wind covers the tops of the trees, the sunlight that spills through the leaves tint red.

What follows after is a little unexpected. It’s laughter. It trails away in front of me but it was in the sky.

I keep moving forward. I would very much like to meet this mystery person; to personally thank them for healing me. I doubt they meant to but still, the fact it happened, it deserves my thanks.

While I am considered immortal to humans, someone of this power no doubt would feel conceited. I wouldn’t even be cross with them for it. If I had that much power I would too. I just have to prepare for whatever could come from their mouth.

Hmm, there is the chance that they may try to attack me. I could run away easily. Sure they could fly but I could easily just teleport away and head home.

I should tell my uncle of this discovery. A being who can bring back life? It’s amazing and it is the answer we needed.

A rabbit sprints between my legs and I chuckle to myself. The animals here are rather enthusiastic. Not that I blame them. I would too if I were brought back from the dead.

The sound of fire snarling in the air reaches my ears. I freeze, expecting trouble. Instead I hear more laughter.

The sound is young. I was imagining an old mage with the experience this power would bring. Apparently I was wrong.

Another screech fills the air and more wind pushes on the trees above. A shout of glee then follows.

What in the world is going on up there?

I reach down and untie my boots. It is a lot easier to do with two hands. I smile at that but then more laughter fills the air.

Raising an eyebrow, I turn to a tree spiraling with branches. I make sure my weight can be held and then start to climb.

I find two birds singing to each other on a branch. They are in the middle of creating a new nest. Good for them.

I almost reach the top when one of the birds flies up and in front of me. They tilt their head to the side as they hover in front of my face. I smirk and continue to climb.

Just as I am about to poke my head over the canopy, the sound of wind passing over my head causing me to duck for cover. Thank the gods I did. If I hadn’t my head would have been hit clean off from...a fire bird? It’s a phoenix! What would that be doing here?

It flies off into the distance towards the ocean before turning back over to the land. It is circling around.

Then I see something. I squint my eyes and I swear I see someone riding it! It gets closer and closer. I lower my head to keep hidden and then just as the giant phoenix passes over me, it jets high into the sky.

Another shout of joy fills the air before the person falls off the phoenix.

My eyes go wide and immediately start thinking of what I should do. Before the person even hits the trees, they spread their hands and then they are flying.

The man is about ten feet away from me and is hovering in the air. He doesn’t even have wings!

His back is to me and he is staring up into the sky looking for the phoenix. He isn’t really wearing much clothes. I almost envy him for it because it is unbelievably hot here.

I have a feeling this person was born in the sun and stays out in it everyday. The mage has the softest and smoothest tan skin I have ever seen.

He wears a lot of silver jewelry. Silver armlets that snake around like vines. Rings on three fingers of each hand, each with different colored jewels. A belly chain and thigh chains , and finally, he has two anklets on his right leg. Silver jewelry fucking everywhere! Gods.

His only articles of clothing is a bright blue scarf, and two strips of grey cloth that cover between the front and back of his legs, covering his intimate areas; though they don’t really go down far. The front reaches his knees and the back reaches the middle of the backs of his thighs. They don’t really cover anything really. Not even his outer thighs. Thankfully I see that he at least is wearing some kind of underwear. It would be extremely awkward to get a flash of ass before I even met this mage.

His hair is white. Not even a little grey. Flat out white. It is just a bed of curly hair that seems to have a mind of its own. It isn’t too long to reach his shoulders but it isn’t too short. It is a huge difference from his skin. It is a bit surprising. It that it’s natural color? Surely not.

If it weren’t for the smooth skin on his body, I would assume they were elderly. The fact their laughter and shouting sounds young is also a thing.

“Enfi!” The mage shouts.

Yeah much too young to be elderly.

He finally turns his head in my direction and I just about fall out of the tree. His eyes are the brightest grey I have ever seen. I swear they are almost white. He looks at though he could be in his twenties.

There is something about his face. It seems...familiar.

A screech comes from behind me and then the phoenix flaps its bright red wings to get closer to the mage.

“We must go soon.” The mage speaks again. He has reached a hand out and is now petting the phoenix.

It’s disturbing seeing a powerful creature acting like a pet for a human.

The mage grins up at the bird. “It will be getting dark soon, let's go home!”

The gigantic phoenix chirps and they both fly off towards the beach.

I duck down and carefully try to get off the tree.

As soon as I reach the ground, I take a deep breath. I haven’t changed into my other form in so long. I know it wouldn’t hurt, it never does, but I am still nervous. What if it does not work? That is a bit of a stupid question. Of course it will. Just look at everything around me.

I wiggle my fingers and then let out a shaky breath.

I drop to the ground onto my hands and knees. I close my eyes and think about the blood under my skin. Do not think about the dirt you feel under your new hand. Nor the way you feel the breeze brush against your arm. Don’t even think about the pretty mage that is on the beach.

Soon, a warmth fills my chest and it begins to spread throughout my body. A tingling sensation that I haven’t felt in years begins to spread everywhere and my body begins to grow.

~~
~~

Luno

Enfi trails behind me, no doubt keeping an eye out for any danger. I always tell her to calm down. If anyone is going to make sure I am safe, it would be Mother.

I reach for my cloak on the sand and dust off whatever is there. As soon as it rests on my shoulders, a twig cracking in the woods grabs my attention.

Deep in the bushes, I see a pair of glowing blue eyes. They aren’t exactly able to hide with eyes like that.

“You can come out!” I smile and hold my hand out to them.

The thing in the shadows does not move. I decide to walk towards it instead.

Enfi screeches above me. I ignore her. If this creature in the shadows was going to harm me, Mother would have done something about it by now.

I sit on my knees and keep a hand in front of me to beckon the creature forward. I don’t mind the sand.

“You have nothing to be afraid of.” I smile.

A grumbling noise comes from the bush with eyes and then soon, a white paw is brought forward, then it is followed by three others.

It’s a tiger? No, it has strange horns on its head. Did someone put horns on this head? It could be natural to its body. It looks a bit scary. Oh wait! It could be a spirit creature, like Enfi!

Spirit creatures are wandering spirits. They always try and find their ways to me. All in different shapes and forms. I am certain this is one of those. They want safety and I will happily give them that.

It’s not a tiger I’ve seen before. I mean I have heard of white tigers with black stripes but seeing one up close...it’s beautiful. It is also, gigantic. I have met several tigers and I know they are not at all this large. It is a little unsettling but I know it will not harm me.

"Hello!” I grin and stand back on my feet. Oh wow! He is a good few feet taller than me.

"I’m Luno. Is it ok if I touch you?” I ask and slowly lift my hand. Fingers spread open.

The tiger spirit makes a soft rumbling sound and bows it’s head to my hand. It’s fur is unbelievably soft and I can’t help but scratch a bit. The spirit gives a low chuff and tries to headbutt me. I chuckle and almost fall backwards.

“Careful there!” I laugh and the beast lifts one paw. I grab it, though it is very heavy. “Nice to meet you too, cutie!”

I smile and step back.

Yes I think the spirit will be quite happy at the Sanctuary.

Enfi screeches above me and then she lands on the sand behind me; she then shrinks down to a size that allows her to perch on my shoulder.

I take pride in believing it is one of her favorite places to be.

She quickly flies to her spot and then looks up at the tiger with me. She chirps and rubs the feathers on top of her head, against my cheek. I laugh and brush her away.

I glance up at the tiger. “Would you come with me to the sanctuary?” I ask. The tiger simply chuffs again and leans down to rub their giant head against my chest.

I take that as a yes.

“Follow me then!” I smile and turn to the woods.

The tiger stays close at my side. Enfi will occasionally fly up to scout around. She likes to stretch her wings whenever she can.

The destruction of this place has been reborn and it is so nice to see all these creatures playing around. They have their homes and lives back. They deserved it. It is not their fault others decided to use their land for a battleground.

I frown at the thought of humans. They only bring bad thoughts. I find everyone that isn’t an animal, is a piece of garbage. Well, not all of them of course. Most of them.

The tiger rubs against my side and I smile. I run my fingers through the fur on its side and its ears wiggle around. This spirit is such a sweetie. I am glad they will be joining me.

Another bird has decided to take Enfi’s place. The little bird has pretty white and brown feathers. In its mouth is a single twig.

Lucky for them, Enfi isn't here right now. She'd get onto the poor bird so fast for taking her place.

“Do you wish to make a nest on my shoulder?” I ask with a smile. “I’m afraid that spot is taken.”

The bird drops the twig when he chirps up at me. I laugh and bend down to pick it up for him. When it is firmly back in his beck, he flies off.

The tiger moans behind me. I glance back and see it’s eyes were on me and then they turn to keep walking ahead of me. If I had known better, I could have swore it rolled their eyes at me.

I skip my way back next to them and we walk in a small silence...that I cannot keep.

“You’re are going to love it at the Sanctuary!” I say and keep one hand in its warm fur. “I am sure we will find just the place for you. Especially if your fur means what I think it does anyway. You would like snow, right? I sure hope so. Otherwise it would be a bit of a downer for you. I just assumed the white fur means you would like snow!” I keep talking and the tiger keeps its head straight ahead of us.

I really want to know if it is a girl or boy. I stop talking and glance behind and down. I guess thanks to the spirit being so tall, I can easily say it is a he.

The tiger freezes, his eyes are straight on me.

“Sorry,” I huff out a small laugh in shame, “that was rude.”

The spirit huffs and turns to keep walking.

I glance at the sky and bite my lip. I do not know if we should keep walking. The sky has gotten darker and the clouds are starting to turn orange.

“You wouldn’t happen to mind running would you?” I ask. The tiger turns and watches me. “I’m not allowed to be out when the sun is down.”

I glance down and poke my toes into the ground. I feel like a child with a curfew.

The tiger chuffs and lowers itself to the ground.

“Oh! Oh no, you don’t have to do that. I can fly next to you.” I smile and lift myself about two feet off the ground. The tiger does not move.

Well, he’s a stubborn one isn’t he? I won’t say no to that. Riding a tiger sounds fun!

Without another word, I hover over the tiger’s back and then lower myself to properly sit on his back.

Oh my gods! His fur is so warm!

I can’t help but lean down to rub my face into the extra soft fur on his neck.

I wonder if we could be best friends. I would love to have him with me outside of the Sanctuary for these little adventures. If he would be fine with it of course. It will be entirely his decision.

I create a orb of air that traps a few yellow and red leaves. It floats in front of us and slowly moves forward.

“Just follow that.” I say before holding onto the fur of his neck, ”It will lead us straight home.”

The tiger doesn’t make a sound and starts running after the swirling leaves. I can't help but feel like I am playing fetch with a giant kitten!

The wind blows in my hair and I can’t help but laugh. I would try and lift my hands in the air but I am a bit too scared to let go.

A crackling sound comes from our left and the tiger immediately turns to the right. I try to glance behind us but only see dark shadows weaving fast around the branches in the trees!

What are those things?

“We have to get to the Sanctuary!” I shout forward. “We will be safe there!”

I have to create another swirling of leaves for the tiger to follow. I keep both hands on the fur of his neck to keep myself from being thrown off.

A sizzling sound fills the air and then a pop goes off. A flash of blue lands next to the tiger’s feet and where it landed, steam rolls into the air.

I glance back and see one of the shadows’ arms are glowing blue. Electricity crackles along their arm before they point a sharp finger straight at us.

The line of electricity almost hits the tiger before he leaps over a small river.

I turn my gaze to what is in front of us and see the entrance of the cave is close.

“That is the entrance!” I point to the triangle entrance that is framed by two pillars of stone.The tiger turns his movement and sprints straight for the entrance.

Another flash of blue and then the tiger growls and fumbles on his feet. I shriek and bury my face into the spirit’s neck.

The spirit continues to run for the entrance and as soon as we pass the entrance, he slips on his front paws.

With a cry, I am lurched forward and flip into the air. I land hard on my back. I groan from landing on the stony ground.

Turning to the entrance, I see the shadows are just about to jump through the opening after us but with a jerk of my fist, a stone wall rises from the ground and the entrance is covered. They could probably destroy it but if we move further inside, they won't ever find us again.

I turn to the tiger. They are laying on their side and breathing hard.

With a gasp, I quickly rush over to him and carefully run my hand’s over the burned fur of his back legs.

“Give me a moment,” I remove my cloak and lay it over his back. “I will heal you and then we can move on to safety,” I say before my palms glow their soft yellow light.

The sweet spirit groans at the soft healing magic.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting but confusing symbolism – some expressed in first person, some in second person implying two entities concerned. I am sure Juju will clear things up in time, Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy. I am a fan of longer tales as they give the author time to develop interesting characters.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Will Hawkins said:

Interesting but confusing symbolism – some expressed in first person, some in second person implying two entities concerned. I am sure Juju will clear things up in time, Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy. I am a fan of longer tales as they give the author time to develop interesting characters.

Yeah this is when I changed how I wrote the pov's 😊 It hopefully gets better to read!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..