Jump to content
    Kiltie69
  • Author
  • 10,265 Words
  • 528 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You never know - 5. Chapter 5

The guys are back in Glasgow, their trip over. Now they need to work out we’re they head next.

Chapter 3

The bus pulled into Buchannan Street in Glasgow dead on three thirty. They had an hour and a half to kill before meeting Ruaridh.

They headed to the meeting point and from there looked around George square to see if there was a restaurant that took their fancy. They decided on a Brewer Fayre bar that overlooked the square. Finding a table they sat and ordered, the food was cheap, cheerful and not bad.

The time approached the arrange meeting time and as it did Stuart started to worry.

"What if he doesn't want to know, or hates you. I can't loose my son."

Cam really had little he could say, "It will work out ok, he knows your gay so that's a start."

"Well there's gay and then there gay, meet my boyfriend." Cam tried not to smile, Stuart was getting himself worked up. "I can go and head home if it helps."

"No not a chance your here and you two are meeting. I need to do this. Oh god look at the time."

They paided the bill and strolled across the square. Ruaridh was waiting already and as they approached he spotted his dad and headed across to them.

"Hey Dad," he hugged his dad then stood back on realising Cam was there. "Hi again."

"Hello Ruaridh, nice to meet you again."

Cam shook Ruaridh's hand and then stepped back to Stuart's side. They then turned and headed across the square finding a seat to use close to an ice cream stand.

"So how was Edinburgh? I didn't realise you were away for the week. Mum wanted a favour when you were away she needed to borrow your camcorder but you weren't in. Don't worry I got it and I checked it was safe."

"Thanks Son, so how you been, how's the break going."

"It's going well, got my results and so far I've passed, still a year to go. But all being well I'll have my Scottish History and politics degree by next summer then the fun starts. Do I try for teaching then politics or go straight to politics."

"I'm proud of you son, you would be a great teacher. So how is mum?"

"She is the usual. She hasn't stopped since seeing you on Monday, and then the fact you were gone the week. She thinks you are dating."

The look he gave Cam wasn't hostile, Cam couldn't quite place it. After a few seconds it clicked it was questioning. Cam decided it was time to vanish for a bit. So he excused himself then asked if anyone wanted an ice cream given it was so hot. Armed with their orders he wandered off.

While away Ruaridh continued. "I don't understand her, it's ok for her to shack up wi that asshole but you gotta stay single, just in case she needs you. She can't be reasoned with at times, no wonder I spend what time I can away." There was a pause as he let his dad digest what he said then, "So is he your boyfriend or not?"

Stuart had been watching Cam, unconsciously smiling. He heard the question and as it registered shot a look at his son. Caught. "Yes, he is."

"Cool, as long as he treats you well I won't have a problem. Is this why you wanted to chat? Dad you know I don't have a problem with you being gay. I want you happy despite mum. You have always tried to be there for us. Time for you now. So what's he like?"

Stuart could only stare mouth agape, this was unexpected, well no he should think that way. Ruaridh had supported him after the initial issues. So why expect different now. He responded smiling, as he watched Cam return with the ice creams.

"That's a lot to answer. Yes, I wanted to tell you about him, and he has been the best thing to happen to me since you were born. Thanks son I love you."

Cam had now returned and offered first Ruaridh then Stuart their cones.

"They didn't have strawberry so I got you raspberry."

Stuart thanked him then they sat eating in silence. Ruaridh watching his dad and Cam.

"So how did you two meet? How long you been together?" Then he burst into gales of laughter at both men spraying ice cream. What? Your my dad I only want the best so I got to know. Maybe not everything but if I'm gonna be calling Cam Pa I need to know. He watched as Stuart now inhaled the ice cream and choked Cam alternating between slapping his back and rubbing it.

"Your dad came into my shop, I have a small place in Ayr, I was shipping goods to the States. That was four months ago roughly. After a few more visits I realised I..." He paused to look at Stuart who was staring at Ruaridh watching for his reaction. "Well I realised I liked him, I thought he was straight so said nothing. Then he appeared one Friday, with John and a few others. We went for a pint and John sort of spilled the beans that your dad was gay and interested."

"John has always loved dad like a brother, just like him to set him up." Ruaridh was now smiling at his dad's obvious discomfort. "So my dad was your courier. Actually hold a minute. You said your first time together was at the race night. That was only last week and now your back from a four days in Edinburgh. God you move fast. Dad you ok with it?"

“Son I was the one that asked to join Cam. We were in Largs last weekend on a date, Cam mentioned his plans. I asked to join him. Yes it was fast but I've never felt so sure about anything before, as I have this. The last four days have been. Let's just say they make up for the last few years."

"Oh" Ruaridh's was stunned by his dad's statement. "So you really love this guy? Sorry Cam I mean."

"Yes son, almost as much as I love you, except he is happy to sleep in my bed. You, you've hated that since you were 10."

Ruaridh blushed, causing both his dad and Cam to smile.

"Tmi dad. Cam I take it you feel the same? It's obvious when I see you together. I have no real experience of love except for family, so for me to see it it's damn obvious."

"Ruaridh, I love your dad. We clicked the day of the races. And haven't been apart much since. I know his past has been difficult. I know you mean the world to him and I will never try to change that. If this works out and we end up as a couple. I hope by then we have come to know each other and realise your dad's heart is huge."

Ruaridh could only nod in agreement, Stuart stood stunned then clasped Cams hand. "You see why I love him, thank you Cam."

With this settled Ruaridh started to ask about Cam, who gladly talked. They sat in the sun in the centre of Glasgow talking for almost an hour.

All three by conversation end were happy for each other. As they said their goodbyes Ruaridh hugged both men.

"Dad I'm not telling mum a thing, though you better, I think she still thinks you love her. You know what she is like the world revolves round her. Liam, poor sod, is smitten. She has him wrapped round her little finger. Cam I'm glad we met. Take care of him, if you hurt him I'll...." The threat, though in fun, was obvious.

"Ruaridh, you don't need to worry. I love your dad, I think he loves me. But we are still learning what we have and where we are in the scheme of things"

"Son, we are gonna head home, Cam is staying the night then tomorrow I will head to Ayr."

Ruaridh hugged his dad again, then wiped at his eyes. Cam stood back to give them more space.

"Ruaridh, what's wrong? Are you ok Son?"

Yeh I'm fine dad, it's been hard to believe your, well you know. Now I meet your boyfriend and...well I'm so happy you two met. Cam I know your gonna make dad happy. I may be young but when your parents split and your dad comes out you grow up quick."

Start hugged his son hard and as he pulled back Cam could see the tears in both men's eyes.

He reached to briefly touch Stuart's arm reassuringly and was given a tearful smile in thanks.

Father and son finally split apart, as they did Cam spoke, smiling reassuringly

"I think you two need some time. Stuart I'll catch the next Ayr bus let you and Ruaridh talk. I can come back up tomorrow."

"No, dad can talk to me anytime Cam, take him home he deserves this.” Ruaridh, now grinning, pushed his dad towards Cam.

"Thanks Son, you sure about this. Cam and I can see each other later that way we can talk some more."

Ruaridh was now smiling as he turned to face them both. "Honestly dad go have fun. I know your happy, I know you like Cam. Go home and... ok just go home and enjoy."

"Thank you Ruaridh". Cam held out a hand. "I'd hug you if I knew you better."

"Go, enjoy. You deserve it dad." Then blushing slightly Ruaridh grabbed his dad again hugging him.m "I love you Dad."

He turned and left, waving his goodbye as he did.

-----

Stuart stood, his eyes glistening with the tears unshod. He felt a hand grip his shoulder and squeeze it reassuringly. "You ok handsome, Ruaridh is a great lad and I mean what I said I can go home. Give you time."

"No, Ruaridh is right, I deserve this, ok we had a week of, well of fun. But now it's time to see if we can stand each other properly. Let's go, I need alone time with you. I need to hold you, cuddle you."

"Right then let's move then, lead on McDuff."

----

The journey to Stuart's was quick, the underground then a 5 minute walk. Soon Cam stood as Stuart fiddled with his keys, dropping them as he did. "Why after the week we have had am I so nervous."

It was more a question to himself but when Cam spoke; Stuart realised he had spoken aloud.

"I'm invading your personal space, maybe. Have you brought any other guys home?"

Cam couldn't help but laugh as Stuart's head snapped round to stare at him. Cam smiled and the glint of his eye soon had Stuart smiling to.

"None, your the first, unless you count John."

Just at that point there was a ding and Stuart turned back, his door open he ushered Cam in and juggled his mobile open.

"Talk of the devil it's John. Wants to know if I want to go for a drink when I get back. He wants the gossip. I want to have the night alone with you. But I won't be around tomorrow and then I'm back at work so no booze." Stuart the door now closed moved past the stairs and opened the cupboard under them. "Put your Jacket in the glory hole." Then he continue on through the door opposite, "The living room; Kitchen is through there. There's a toilet cubby just in the hall.

"I like it, my god look at that collection." Cam had been looking around and finally noticed behind the door a large bookcase, it was crammed with DVDs, Games and a few books.

"Yeh there's a few. Last count I was at around one thousand DVDs granted there are probably six or seven hundred in the box sets alone. Want a drink, dump your bag over there and we can take it upstairs in a bit. "

He disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Cam to look at the collection. Following Cam leant against the door frame watching him. "Stuart thank you for the week so far, thank you for inviting me here and thanks for the tea."

Stuart handed him a steaming mug of tea, indicating the sugar, as he opened the fridge he found a loaf, butter and a pint of milk. A post-it note was attached to the milk. Knew you would forget to get essentials. Well at least food essentials. Talk soon John.

"Ok we have to go see him, Stuart I don't mind going for a pint, or if your not comfortable I'll be right a home with that collection out there."

"You really don't mind, I feel bad wanting to see him after I brought you home. No wonder I'm single."

"Shhhhh" the finger pressed pad first to his lips was enough to quiet him, "I like John, it's not like we can't spend the rest of the night, morning and tomorrow making up for it." He leant in and kissed Stuart, a kiss promising more to follow but not right then.

"Oh. God I love you. Ok I'll text John, tell him we will meet him at eight, gives us two hours to cuddle."

Cam just smiled and walked back into the living room. He could hear Stuart talking and then felt his presence behind him. An arm wrapped around his neck and Stuart leant in to kissed him. Cam reached to pull him closer as he deepened the kiss. Breaking it to catch their breaths Stuart moved to sit next to Cam and grabbed his hand.

"This feels so weird, I'm so glad your here, did I tell you you are the first guy I've ever brought home. Why am I nervous?"

"Stuart, we have spend 7 days together if you count last weekend. We have had a great time so calm down. I'm honoured to be the first guy in your house. I've told you before not to worry, stop over thinking what's going on. You need to relax, chill out. Look at what's happened, first find a new man, me. You go on holiday and have a blast. You tell your son, who wants you to be happy and tells you you deserve this all. Finally your best friend thinks I'm lovely so I'm not gonna get the he isn't your type speech or the he's to good for you one." Cam had captured Stuart's hands as he spoke and was gently rubbing his thumbs against the palms. "So what can we do in an hour? Or do you want to wait till we come back?"

"Hmmm come on let's get your stuff into the guest room."

Stuart freed one hand and stood drawing Cam up to follow him. Together they collected their bags and still hand in hand Stuart led Cam upstairs.

"The guest room." Stuart opened a door to a neat room, with a double bed, then continued. "The toilet and finally my pit" he opened the door and pulling Cam after him walked in.

Cam dropped his bag on the floor and before Stuart had a chance to do the same, pounced, kissed him hard. "Stuart I love you, god you drive me mad. Drop that and strip I need to see you naked."

"Christ, who are you what you done with Cam." Stuart said as he stripped, laughing.

"Oh you'll soon find out, I did this to him". Cam dropped to his knees pushed Stuart back onto the bed and before he had stopped bouncing had swallowed him to the root.

"Jesus, you telling me you sucked him out his skin, oh god I'm gonna die happy."

Stuart didn’t stand a chance, Cam's ambush had been perfect and all to soon the only sounds in the room were the rapid, halting gasps and the noise of rapid slurping and occasional hums. There was a sudden cry and Cam withdraw slightly to enjoy Stuart's gift.

Through ragged breaths Stuart broke the silence. "That was...that was the best yet...Jesus I'm done. I need a nap. What did you do to me."

Cam could only smile at Stuart, who had become boneless in his post orgasmic state. Cam slowly stood letting Stuart see the effect of the last 20 minutes of fun.

"My god, you trying to kill me, I ain't got the energy after you sucked the life from me."

Cam just smiled and knelt on the bed working himself,

"Cam, oh god Cam your a fucking tease, but that is so hot. Come on big boy show me how you do it, wank yourself."

Cam's hand flew, fast, a blur to Stuart's watching eyes. Suddenly he tensed his breath halting then with a grunt he came.

Stuart smiled as he saw the first streak of white leave the tip and strike his chest. It was followed by three or four more. Instinctively he reached to grasp Cam squeezing every last drop out. As Cam collapsed onto him and pulled him in to a deep slow kiss.

----

"Cam we better get cleaned up" Stuart gently tried to move Cam off his arm were Cam had cuddled up against him, his head on his shoulder. Cam groaned and moved slowly rolling away from the furred heat source.

"Why did I say call John." The smile took any heat from the comment. Stuart, to be honest felt the same. It was was perfectly natural for him, having Cam cuddled into him, in his bed, it was right.

"Shift if handsome, when we get back we can curl up all night. Then head to Ayr and try the same in your bed."

"Sounds good, ok let's get clean. Can I scrub you back, maybe a little bit more."

Cam followed Stuart into the bathroom and as Stuart fiddled with the shower, he gently ran his hands over the furred back.

----

Cam sat in the little booth, Stuart was at the bar chatting to the barmaid as she pulled the two pints he had requested, smiling as she did. It was obvious to Cam she liked Stuart, they way she batted her eyelashes. That and the fact she couldn't take her eyes off him. Cam felt a hint of jealousy and a tinge of anger, the woman was flirting with Stuart and he was responding. The two pints pulled Stuart paid said something that had the barmaid shrieking like a banshee as she laughed.

As Stuart put the pint in front of Cam he could sense a slight change in him. "Whats up handsome?"he sat down next to him.

"She seemed very friendly, as did you. Known her long?"

Stuart was a little taken aback at Cam's tone. Before he could say anything there was a call from the other side of the bar.

"Ah yir here aw ready Bawbag. Hey Cam howz it hangin." John pulled up a seat and sat, back to the bar. "Woars ma pint. Typical Stuartie, am five minutes behin and I gotta get ma ain."

Stuart momentarily distracted by his best friend and the banter stood and went back to the smiling barmaid. John offered Cam a hand, which Cam readily shook the whole time watching Stuart at the bar.

"Hi John I'm good." At his curt response john just looked at him then over his shoulder to the bar noticing the byplay between the barmaid and John.

"Oh, I see Delia is on today. Aw mouth and tits that yin. She's bin trying tae get in tae Staurts shorts since he split wi Mary. We all know she has nae a hope."

"Not the impression I'm getting at the moment." Cam nodded to the scene behind John as he noticed Delia touch Stuart's hand. Cams blood boiled. The green eyed monster was snarling and snapping to be released.

"Cam, chill, Stuart wid nae shtoop that if he were straight, let alone now. His taste is way better than that. Christ even I have limits and Delia droopy tits is way past them."

Cam sprayed some of his pint as he looked at John. He smiled at him realising John was pointing out something that was plainly obvious to a few in the know. Just at that realisation Stuart returned thumping the pint down.

"Ta Stuartie. See Delia is at it again. Cam here was getting worried yi had jumped the wall again."

Stuart looked from John to Cam then again.

"Oh god, Cam, yuck, you think I'd....." Cam interrupted using Johns term shtoop. "Jesus no oh what a thought, she has seen more traffic than the Kingston Bridge. That and the fact." He pause glancing quickly around before reaching to squeeze Cams hand then finished "That and the fact I want you and only you."

Cam could feel his eye started to water and surreptitiously reached to wipe them. "Sorry I'm a nut job. I so want to kiss you here but I won't. But when we get back to yours......."

John just sat smiling. "So you two had fun in Edinburgh, you get much sight seeing done?"

Cam smiled at Stuart then John. "It was fun, I found it educational and enjoyable. The company was fantastic."

Stuart laughed. "Yeh John, I had a great time, had a moment in the dungeons, but this guy here sorted me out. The rest was fun fun fun."

"I bet I know the fun you had. But I'm glad you had a good time you two. It's about time you had some Stu. So any other news I should know. Fires, floods, weddings or kids."

"John, nothing like that, but I did see Ruaridh earlier, well we saw him. He knows what the situation know Cam and I are well you know. " Stuart was looking around at those in the pub, none were paying any heed to the but still he couldn't say it out loud, just in case.

"Stuart I know, ok, so what's yir plans fir the weekend?"

"Well I'm staying in Glasgow tonight then we are both heading to Ayr to stay at mine tomorrow. After that I'm not sure."

"You did nae get enough then through the week. Go Cam. Fuck I'm glad you two met. I like ya Cam, I can see you make this man happy. Yeh yeh Stuarty I know keep it down, but what I got to say is important. I've known you most of our lives. I love ya like a brother man. This guy here makes you happy, something I couldnae do. Go home and stop being a glaikit sod. I can see your desperate to be outta here, go."

Stuart leant over and hugged his best friend in thanks. Then Cam followed suit. "Thanks, John, Stuart's a lucky guy having a friend like you."

"Cam he is lucky to have you too. I don't know you to well yet but I'm glad we met. Now take this guy home." John whispered the last part in Cams ear as they hugged.

Cam downed the last of his pint and stood up. Stuart followed suit and soon they were saying their goodbyes.

"John I'll see you when I get back on Sunday. Ok. Love ya man." One last hug and the three headed to the door to head to their homes. d off one way Cam and Stuart the other.

They walked, little distance between them, their chat hushed occasionally touching. No one round them seemed bothered or cared about the two men wandering along the road. Two good friends sharing a laugh.

On reaching his front door, Stuart pulled out his keys, then turning to Cam stole a quick kiss.

It was then he noticed the older Man standing at the foot of his path.

"Dad?"

Stuart's father stood there watching for a second, shock and then anger

"Stuart wit the fuck is goin on?"

"Dad, oh Jesus, dad I can...."

"Ah had wondered about this sudden trip you took, you were acting aw strange last week. Mary then said she had seen you heading to Edinburgh wi a mate. Aye a mate ma arse, wit is he Stuart yir bum bandit boyfriend, yi a fag now.

"Dad I do not want to do this out here on the street."

"Am no caring, you go and spend a week in Edinburgh wi this queer. Am no gonna talk tae yi till you git rid oh him."

"Dad, I had planned to tell you, yeh and mum, about me. I didn't want you to find out like this."

"Aye a bet, yi wid a hid it long and weary. So yir a bloody faggot. Well a should a guessed the way yi treated poor Mary. That lass had a lot ti deal with living wi you."

"Right dad you can talk to me inside or yi can take yirsel hame. As for my ex wife, she was fucking some asshole long before we split up. I was still doin ma duty, in your eyes, even then. Though I knew what I was deep down."

"Christ yir mother is gonna drop when shi hears this."

"Well dad yi better go tell her, tell her how her son is an arse bandit, yi always were a bigoted fuck."

"No son o' mine will talk to me like that, especially a faggot one." His father was now shouting.

Stuart's blood boiled as he stood face of against him. He notice the curtains of some of the houses around him twitching. Well the neighbours are sure getting a show.

"Dad, I love you but, if you don't either get in the house so we can talk like adults yi can fuck off home. I am not gonna have this out wi yi here outside. Cam, come on." With that he pushed open the door and walked in. "Dad yi comin in."

"I will no set fit inside that hoose until that shirt lifter, wit was his name, Cam, is oot it. This is tae dae wi family, he is'nae family."

"Dad I'll give you one more chance to come in then, am closin the door." His father just stood. Shaking his head muttering. "Right stuff ya" with that he slammed shut the door and turned.

Cam just stood watching and when he saw Stuart's face as he turned from the door he moved. He wrapped Stuart in his arm just as he finally lost control.

"Stuart, come on let's get you to the couch, I'll put on the kettle." Holding him close he guided them through the the couch. It was then he became aware of the shouting outside. Stuart's dad was in full rant this had to get sorted. "Stuart, sit there I'm gonna go talk to your dad."

"No I should talk to him, I need to. I'm sorry about tonight. Christ what's mum gonna say."

"Jesus fuckin Christ, yes he's yir dad, yes yir gay oh fuck. Stuart I'm sorry come here," Stuart had pulled away at Cams outburst, the shock showing as he stared wide eyed at Cam. "Stuart, I'm sorry but this sorta thing gets ma goat, yir dad is always gonna be yir dad but he needs to realise your still you. I'll be right back, he needs a telling. You can come with me but yir gonna let me speak. I promise I'll be calm and I won't kill him." He flashed a weak smile at Stuart hoping to get him to realise he was calming down.

"The neighbours are gonna have a ball after this. The faggot in the street Jesus what next."

"Right forget them for now we can deal with that as and when, yir dad is what wi should focus on, him and yir mum. Maybe yi could call her." A renewed outburst from outside had Cam on his feet and at the front door. Cam opened it then marched down the path.

"That you been given yir marching orders asshole, ma son seen sense. Ah know he would'nae dae this sorta thing without bein led."

"Mr Mirren, you need to go home and calm down. Your son is a fantastic guy, and I had hoped that would be the same with his parents, so far I can see I was wrong. Prove to me differently. Start acting like a man and not a bigoted wanker. All your doing is losing that man in there. Bet you didn't know that your precious daughter in law had been sleeping around before the split. That man in there, your son, is someone I care deeply for. Dare I say after such a short time together, love. Yes Mr Mirren unlike you, obviously, I love Stuart, I would fight for him, I will protect him. More than I can say for you. You see him and attack him, for showing affection, that your small narrow mind does not understand."

Cam didn’t paused to prevent Brian from interrupting.

"Mr Mirren, given your age and attitude to all things offensive I'd think trying to interrupt someone would be considered that. No matter how you feel about them." Cam felt a presence behind him.

"Dad I want you gone, I've tried to live up to your ideals to long. Tried to live the life you wanted of me. Now I'm going to live as I want. I called mum to tell her what is happening. She is upset, she doesn't understand, just like you, how I could father a kid and live with a woman and be gay. Yes dad I told her I'm gay. Maybe you should go home and check on how she is."

Brian Mirren looked at the two men, turned and stormed off. Cam sighed as he watched him depart. Then turned and gathering Stuart headed indoors and the privacy of the house

"So you called your mum? What brought that on?"

"As soon as dad left I know he would phone her, I had to beat him to it so she got my side. He has a tendency to exaggerate. Least I could be honest and I was. I told her I was gay, told her I'd met someone I loved and that I was happy. Then I told her that dad was screaming the neighbourhood down about her faggot son who he saw kissing his partner. I know she was upset with me she went through the whole you can't be cause your a dad. I let her talk told her I had spent the best week of my life with a guy. No I didn't tell her everything. Then I told her we would talk Sunday."

Cam had headed straight to the kitchen to finally put on the kettle for a cup of tea. Stuart had followed talking. With the kettle filled and on he turned to take Stuart's hand.

"Stuart, I love you, your dad he does to but doesn't understand is all. It's been a shock, for you all. Look I can go and give you space if you want. It's still early enough to catch the train to Ayr."

"No, Cam I need you to stay. I need..I need you here. Please."

Cam just held his hand and squeezed it gently. Ok I'm not going anywhere, but I will insist you eat and get some tea, then we are gonna curl up and catch a movie. You need to relax." He kissed Stuart's palm then turned to the freshly boiled kettle to start the tea brewing.

They ended up curled on the sofa with cheese on toast, channel surfing, watching nothing in particular. Stuart was quiet, contemplative, Cam held his hand as Stuart lay back against him. They had lain for sometime the only sound the TV and the noise of eating. Cam could feel Stuart getting heavier against him, and the hand relaxing.

"Hey handsome time for bed I think, your about out and I don't want you getting a crick in your neck."

With a groan and some muttering Stuart raised up and stood.

"Leave them go lock your door and ill clear this lot up and see you upstairs". Cam pushed him gently towards the hall as he gathered the detritus of supper quickly rinsing them and leaving them to dry. He checked that appliances were off, just as he would at home, as he made his way to bed.

Stuart had managed to lock up and reach the bed; once stripped and under the covers he was asleep almost instantly. When Cam reached the bedroom he found Stuart curled on his side snoring lightly. Standing watching him sleep, he felt the love rise for this guy he had now dated all of a week. Soon he was curled behind him, their breathing in sync, slowly drifting into sleep.

-----

Stuart woke with a start from his dream as he stretched he realised it hadn't been a dream, yes Cam had him wrapped in his arms and as he woke further he remembered the previous night and his dad and mum.

"Shit" the body behind him stirred and growled at the sound.

"Morning you ok?"

"I don't know to be honest, it's finally hitting me what happened last night. They now know....I...I don't know what to do."

"All you can do is let them sort themselves out. Yeh their your parents, but what your dad did last night was beyond wrong."

Stuart had rolled onto his side by know with Cam still holding him. "You think I should go see them sort this out, Cam their my parents I love them, what do I do."

"Stuart, first you get up, we freshen up then we take the day as it comes." Kissing his forehead then mouth Cam pulled away and rolled off the bed. "I'll be right back."

Stuart adjusted himself in the bed, sitting up to lean against his pillows, lifting his phone he scrolled through several messages. Most from late the previous night one from this morning and it wasn't even eight thirty.

The first was from Ruaridh asking how he was. John had sent one much in the same vain except for a bit at the end saying he hoped they had behaved last night. The last was from Mary, So you finally got the balls up to tell your parents your a fag. Good now I can move on. Was that guy I saw you with your boyfriend. Not much is he, you could do better. Hear your dad caught you winchin on your doorstep.

Stuart reread it and as he finished Cam returned smiling, "How you felling? Anything from your parents?"

"Ruaridh and John just checking in. Mary was being nosy and drunkly abusive. She must have talked to my parents last night".

Just then the house phone rang and clicked to answer machine. "Stuart it's your mum, we need to talk. I know your about, answer the phone."

Cam looked at Stuart, waiting to see what he would do. The phone rang off and Stuart finally got up out of the bed. "I'll shower and call her. Wanna wash my back"

They spent a pleasant thirty minutes in the shower, caressing, holding and generally just being with each other. Stuart grabbed towels on his exit turning to hand one to Cam. As they moved through to the bedroom the phone started again, Stuart stood watching it. "Stuart I'll be at the house in 5 minutes we are going to talk."

"Fuck, so much for a peaceful day."

"Should I go, give you a chance to chat?"

"No they need to meet you and see who you are and how much I care."

It seemed like seconds had passed when they heard the key in the door, Cam was standing in the kitchen nursing a tea, Stuart was headed to the hall to intercept and greet his mum.

She was in the door, jacket off and headed to the kitchen before Stuart had a chance to say morning.

"So your gay then, how fashionable. How can you be, you were married and you had Ruaridh." His mum stopped in the doorway of the kitchen. "Who are you? Why is he here Stuart?"

"Mum this is Cameron, Cameron this is my mum." Stuart tried to keep calm and together as he introduced them.

"Pleased to meet you Mrs Mirren, would you like a tea? It's just brewed." Cam was at his most civil, but still he got a withering glare from the woman.

"No thank you. So your the cause of all the trouble. I don't know what your game is but my boy is not gay, confused yes, gay no."

Stuart couldn't control himself and started laughing.

"Mum, I'm gay, I've always been gay, but thanks to you and dad, and my friends at school I hid it. I lied to you and dad, to myself. If it hadn't been for Mary getting pregnant, I'd have still been single into my twenties. Don't get me wrong having Ruaridh is the best thing ever to happen to me. But it also meant I was tied to a lie."

"How can you call your marriage a lie. You were happy, it's neither your faults you didn't have more kids. What your doing now is a lie and you, you are wrong to encourage this. Your using my son for your own pleasures. I know once you are fed up you will move on."

Cam was a little surprised at what was said but kept quiet. Stuart was drawing his hand through his hair, exasperated. "Mum, Cam is not using me. He is here because I want him to be. I'm the one that pressured him to go out. I'm the one that asked him if I could join him on holiday this week. Yes mum, we spend the week together in a hotel, in a double bed. You know what mum, after Ruaridh's birth this last week has been the best days of my life. I now realise what being loved is, not the sham I perpetuated with Mary."

"Yes what about Mary, how can she be seen on the street by her friends when they know about this."

"Mary has known for a few years mum, we agreed when Ru was 13 we would stick it out but live separate lives. Oh and I can tell you she certainly lived it. I moved out so she could move her fella in. Her mates know what's been happening cause when she gets pissed she starts to tell them all the shit she thinks I'm at fault for. Did you know mum that she wanted to get pregnant. It's funny how she did when we were both using protection. Angie her best pal once told me she used to put a pin or small nick in the condoms she gave me. At least I know Ruaridh is actually mine."

"I don't believe you, Mary is a good girl. She loves you."

This set Stuart off anew "Jesus mum, she hates my guts, she told Ruaridh I was a "fag" when he turned thirteen. She tells her friends I see different guys every week, thankfully they know different. There would never have been a wedding if she hadn't lied and trapped me. I'm only glad it got me Ruaridh. Oh and if you don't believe me on all this, talk to him. He knows it all, you can even talk to John. He will tell you about Mary trying to get him to fuck her at a party. My only crime in all this is being to stupid to lie and not take care."

"I'll have that tea, milk and one, if it's still on offer, please."

Cam was a little taken aback. At how polite she was. He quickly poured out a cup and after adding the requested ingredients handed the cup to her.

"Mrs Mirren, your son is a fantastic, caring guy. No matter who or what he is you should be proud. One last thing Mrs Mirren. I love Stuart, the more I see of him the more I love him. Well if I'm lucky I will get to grow old with him."

Stuart's mum just stared at Cam.

"Cam, oh Cam I want much the same. See mum it's not a lie, it's not a phase. I like men, men like Cam. In fact I only want Cam. Mum.

Mrs Mirren, looked from one to the other and then turned. "Thank you, Cameron for the tea. Stuart I need time, I'll call you later." She then walked from the room leaving the men staring in her wake.

"Well that went... Well it went." Cam smiled at Stuart's comment.

"Yeh I think she may come round sometime. So when we heading to yours. I need away from here."

"Trains are ever half hour as are the buses. I'm ready when you are. But first I need to do something."

Closing the distance he took Stuart's face in his hands and kissed him softly. "Let's get out of here."

-------

As Cam sat watching Stuart he thought back over the last week. It had been hectic, it had been fun and it had been the best week of his life. Stuart sat texting, he had sent messages to a work colleague, then Ruaridh and John. The last two were explanations of what was going on with his parents and him. Putting the phone away he turned to stare straight at Cam, smiling. "So what we gonna do today, will you show me some sights again or introduce me to some of your mates. Oh wait I know I can meet Vicky."

Cam chuckled and patted his thigh. "I'll introduce you to Vicky when we get to mine, then I plan to turn off my phone and curl up with you on my bed."

The train was only minutes from their stop so rather than let the excitement continue Cam broke contact and started getting his stuff gathered

"Shit I forgot to check on Kal, I better call him once we're in."

------

"Nice area, quiet, even though your just off the main road into town." They were walking along the Street Cam lived on, minutes from the station.

"Yeh it is, the neighbours are friendly and I can walk to work in 15 minutes. I love it; here we are, doesn't look much but just wait."

Cam opened a white gate to an end of terrace miners cottage. All Stuart saw was a doorway a yard or so of wall and a window. The whole house was probably 30 ft side to side. Once inside Stuart realized the house was deceptive the hall was easily 50 feet with four doors off of it three down the right hand side the last at the other end. Just as they shut the front door one of the side doors opened and a young man stepped out clad only in a pair of Sponge Bob boxers. He turned in shock on seeing the men. "Oh fuck, eh who are you? Jesus you scared the crap out of me."

"I could ask the same of you, who are you and why are in my spare room."

"Oh god your Kal's Uncle, Jesus I'm sorry, give me a minute." The young lad disappeared, there was a hush conversation then he reappeared dressed. "Kal is at work, he will be home in 3 hours"

Cam's phone had started to ring and on seeing It was Kal he held it up showing the lad who it was then answered.

"Explain."

"Uncle Cam, David is a friend he stayed over last night, cause we had a drink. He must have slept in or something."

"I'll talk to you when your finished work. You been busy today?" There was a pause "Ok you may as well close up now it's unlikely you will get much in the next hour or so. We will take care of your friend. Yes Stuart is with me."

Hanging up he smiled at Stuart then looked at David. "He is in a panic, now David, I assume you haven't had breakfast or lunch. Your here till Kal comes back so may as well grab a bite. Stuart dump your bag in there."

Cam pointed to his bedroom, he move down the hall and as he opened the door at its end Stuart rejoined them.

"So David, how do you know Kal? Oh sorry this is Stuart." Cam had moved through a small sitting room to a second corridor that led to a toilet and galley kitchen as he spoke.

"I, know him from school." Was the nervous reply. Cam wondered why, was it just being caught in a strangers house or was there something else.

Stuart said hi to David then returned to looking around. The house was long, at least 80 ft deep.

"Ok let's get the kettle on and see what we can have to eat. If I know Kal there will be plenty in the fridge." Sure enough on checking he found eggs, bacon, sausage, burgers and a good selection of other edibles. "My nephew likes his grub for sure." David nervously grunted and agreement to what was said.

Stuart stood leaning against one side of the kitchen watching as Cam danced, yes that was the perfect word, around the kitchen. David had by know withdrawn to the doorway and watched quietly. Stuart was amazed at Cams ability to multitask as he watch him pull together a selection of items for them to eat. Cam was first to break the silence.

"Nothing better than a full breakfast anytime of the day." He had the grill on for the sausage, black pudding and bacon, there were tattie scones and pancakes and he was presently pulling eggs out of a pottery chicken. They three heard the front door close as Cam turned "How do you want your eggs, poached, scrambled or fried? Hello nephew, just in time how you wanting your eggs."

"Hi Uncle Cam, hi Stuart, Dave. Poached please."

The others decided the same to save hassle, Cam seemed to step up the dance and the other three withdraw out of the kitchen entirely. Kal smiled at David reassuringly and then at Stuart. "Did you two have fun in Edinburgh? He didn't scare you off obviously."

Stuart smiled at the ease with which Kal spoke. "Had a great time, wish it had been longer but hey beggars and choosers. So how was your week? Cam said you had to stay here most of it."

They watched as Cam was setting plates out and started to serve up the mix of delights.

"Yeh, dad throw a fit on Monday night for some reason so I thought I was better here, gave us some breathing space."

Cam spoke from the kitchen. “Ok food is served, sauce is in the fridge, juice too." Once they all had what they wanted they head back into the living room. "So what's up with your Dad? What did you do? Have you got something to tell me?"

"Nothing important, dad asked me to help him on Tuesday, I was working down here and told him I was watching your house. He went into a rant that I was never at home and only loved myself and my boyfriend. I told him I was single didn't have one. Then he started on about David and Peter my other mate asking who I was dating as we were never apart and obviously more than friendly."

"So he is off on one of his gay is not good rants. You know what he is like with me, so you are single. I'll admit it seemed weird coming into the house to a stranger. Then I noticed my bed hadn't been slept in."

"Oh, we slept in the spare room."

"Kal it's a double sofa bed in there and no room once it's pulled out. Did you sleep together?"

Both boys blushed furiously, from the evidence the answer was clear.

"Mr Paterson, Kal and I shared the bed with pillows down the middle. Only way I would and he refused to sleep elsewhere. As he had cleaned up for you coming back. Kal's my best mate, he is straight as a die. Me maybe not so."

David looked at his feet when he finished. Kal turned to face his best friend

"David you telling me your into guys, that your gay?"

"No I'm telling you I don't know, last night was weird but I had dreams and well when you left this morning I had some problems. When your uncle came in I was heading to clean them up. Shit why did I say that."

Stuart looked at Cam and the boys, he wondered what he would do if Ruaridh came out.

Cam was smiling, he didn't really know what to say at the moment it was a little awkward.

"David, don't worry about it ok, I was a teenager once and I know it's not easy. So Kal what you going to do, you have another week at the shop. I can call your dad tell him I've invited you to stay over. Just like when you were a kid during the holidays. I'll even put him straight, scuse the pun, about you two. Only thing is Stuart is staying tonight.

Kal looked around thinking then blushed as the penny dropped, "would you let me stay till next weekend? Oh!"

David started to laugh at Kal's face, "Kal your uncle is really cool, Mr Paterson your one cool oldie."

Stuart, who had just taken a bite of tattie scone started to choke at the comment. Catching his breath and smiling, "Watch who your calling old he is the guy whose house you just, well I'm not gonna say. But you two I think need to talk. I know I gotta talk to my man."

With that he pulled Cam out the room, the food forgotten, for now. As he headed to the bedroom he could hear the two lads chatting. "That was awkward, I thought it best to give them a bit of space I could see David was a little uncomfortable with things. Kal seems un phased but that may just be because of you." He pushed close the door behind them and embraced Cam. "So this is your bedroom. Wow, it's like a kids room. Look at all the memorabilia you have. My god where do I look first. Oh ho so this is the rival for my affections."

Stuart had grabbed a quick kiss before noticing that the room he was in was full of action figures and other collectible items. He then noticed Vicky, picking her up to make her wave at Cam.

"Yup that's her, been with me from childhood. But now I got a bigger bear and she can keep watch of us both. So what am I to do with Kal. I love him to bits and can't believe my brother, the boy is only interested in girls. Well at least from what I've seen. Now David I never knew about till today. I hope he is gonna be ok."

Stuart relieved of Vicky had been moving round the room looking and carefully lifting some of the collectibles. There was a quiet knock at the door, "Uncle Cam. Can I come in a minute."

"Yeh, what's up? You two sorted."

"I hope so, he is my best mate, kind of shocked me that last bit but hey I'd be a right asshole if I pushed him away. The stuff we have done together, Jesus. I'm just worried bout dad, if this got back to him."

"Kal I told you I'd talk to him, and I will later. Don't worry I'll remind him of a few things, from when we were kids." Cam hugged his nephew, who had looked a little lost as he had spoken. "Right seeing I can't get rid of you what we gonna do for entertainment. Actually let's go find David and decide as a group. If it's space we need you two can go to the pics, on me. Or we can have a movie night like when you were a kid."

The three men moved back into the lounge and joined David, who was clearing up a little.

"David, thank you for that. I was just saying to Kal that if you two want Ill pay your way to the cinema. Or if you fancy you can stay here and watch a movie. Kal and I used to do that when he was a bairn. Movie popcorn and snacks, he would usually end up curled up on the couch asleep. Wonder if he still does?"

Kal blushed, while the rest smiled at him.

"Hey please don't spill my embarrassing stories. If we have movie night I'm not likely to get on the couch what with you two lovebirds."

This time they all laughed. Cam picked up his phone it was time to call his brother.

"Ok you three I'm gonna call, my darling little brother. I'll be in the front room."

------

As he prowled the room listening to his brother rant, Cam noticed the general mess, teens could be messy that was for sure. Clothes, sweet wrappers, bottles all scattered around. As he picked some wrappers up to put in the bin he noticed something already in it. His brothers voice brought him out of his shock.

"Dugald, you need to let the lad have some space, just cause you had issues with me dating your best mate when I came out. Christ your adult enough to know that it doesn't make you gay, unless your hiding something. Far as I can see Kal is straight even if he wasn't he is still your son. Oh and don't tell me your just making sure he doesn't upset his mum,I know you to well. Oh yeh and just in the off chance, do not try to keep him away from his friends. You will lose him if you do. He will always be welcome here. Yeh yeh I know you think it's for his own good, Christ you tried that line with me when I was dating Pete. You nearly lost us both, grow up little bro join the twenty first century."

Cam paused to listen to his brother, he had had this chat before and knew he would again, his brother was a closet homophobe. His two faced wife was just a religious homophobe, oh yeh his two face his bi-wife. His brother paused waiting a response.

"Yes I could have caught HIV from Simon, but I didn't, in the time we dated we were more than safe. You forget Dugald I came out at the height of the Aids Epidemic. Christ I got beat up at twenty thanks to small minded people. The lads have got it better now be they gay, straight, bi or into eight tentacled aliens. What you should be doing is supporting him. He is stressed at the moment what with starting Uni and well, you. I'm gonna let him stay till next week, he is set up in the front room anyway and it will be easier on him with the shop. Yeh yeh I always take his side. Yes I do when the other side is being a dumbarsed Bawbag. Yes I love yah and I'm gonna say goodbye now. Bye."

Cam turned his phone off and headed out into the hall, "Kal, can you come here please." Then turning back into the room he moved to the chair in the corner.

Kal soon appeared in the doorway, "What's up?" He was a little worried as he could see his uncle’s face, there was something not quite right he felt.

"Sit down Kal we need to talk."

Oh shit this must be bad. Kal knew his uncle well enough he knew when there was something wrong and this was one of those moments.

"Ok, I spoke to your dad, he...he is ok with you staying. Well as ok as he gets when he is in one of his moods. So to that end I've two things, firstly do you want to take a run home for more gear. The second is, and you know what I'm gonna say, the second is if your staying you keep the place clean." Cam indicated the room, as he did he saw Kal's blush.

"I'm sorry I thought I'd be home in time to tidy up. I'll do it know." He gathered up some of the rubbish and headed to the bin. As he was about to dump it he paused, turning his head to Cam as he muttered "oh fuck"

Cam knew Kal had seen what he had, still he didn't say a thing.

"Uncle Cam, if I can use your machine I don't need to go home, I got enough stuff here for a few days more, but if I can do my laundry I'll be fine"

"Kal you know that I have no problems with you using the stuff in the house, long as you keep things tidy...ish. Come on let's go sort out a few movies, you know Stuart is a big Sci Fi man."

"That's cool, you two can compare notes on who is hottest in Star Trek." Kal ducked at the play swipe his Uncle made as he passed him.

"Well young man, it was always Chakoty , maybe followed by Scotty. Not sure about Stuart."

"Oh TMI." Kal laughed as they reached the living room.

David raised his head as he heard the comment. "What's TMI?"

"I was just answering Kal's question." Dropping to the couch next to Stuart, he put his arm along the back of the couch and gently stroke the nape of his neck briefly. Stuart smiled and turned.

"Well what did he want to know?"

"He told me you are into Sci Fi, like him, so I said you two could compare notes on who is hottest is Star Trek."

"Oh for me it's Picard, then maybe Ben Sisko." They all turn to see a slowly blushing David shift uncomfortably.

Stuart laughed. "Good choice, so handsome who did you say, I'm guessing Bones, the original, and Khan. Me I loved Garac, but to be honest, if I was allowed any character from Sci Fi, Garabaldi out of Babylon Five or maybe Malcolm Reynolds of Firefly. Actually Nathan Fillion would be first."

The four then started to discuss different characters, it turned out Cam and Stuart, other than for Star Trek, had similar tastes in characters. It was also finally decided to watch the original Star Wars movies. The plan was to order in and as there was ample booze in the house they could start anytime.

All to soon Cam and Stuart were side by side on the sofa while the lads were, like a couple of kids, sprawled out on the floor side by side.

Cam was amazed at how happy he was, he could get used to this sort of night. His mind started to wander a little as he pondered his possible futures.

......

David had gone home, Kal was in the front room likely asleep. Cam and Stuart were cuddled on the couch and had been for the last two hours. This felt right to Cam, the two of them on the couch cuddled up talking about nothing other than, well nothing really.

"Bed?"

"Yeh I wanna do stuff but I'm to relaxed and happy as it is. So do you think your nephew is hiding something regards David."

Cam thought a moment remembering the contents of the waste bin.

"If he is or isn't I don't really care, he is my nephew and I'll be here for him. I do think he is close to David. I'm not gonna pry."

"Hmmmmm, ok let's go to bed I want to get you naked and hold you tight."

Cam smiled at him, stole a kiss then pushed himself up so he could stand, he turned to draw Stuart off the couch. Before they knew it they were curled together in bed Cam spooned against Stuart his arms wrapped around him.

--------

Stuart woke to heat along his back, that and Cam's hardon resting against his covered arse cheek. Cam's even, gentle breath against his neck told him that his boyfriend was still asleep. Stuart backed into Cam, rubbing against the hardness and heat. In response Cam shifted and moaned a little, then started to slowly thrust against him. Stuart felt so good he didn't want to leave but knew that by late afternoon he had to be home. Maybe he could talk Cam into coming back a few days.

He lay in a doze the gentle rhythm of Cam's body, still as far as he was aware asleep, keeping him hard as well. He heard a door and the quiet sound of careful footsteps pass the closed bedroom door, Kal was up. Rolling away, which elicited a groan from behind, he checked the time, only eight Am. As he rolled back he turned to face the sleeping form that was the man who had captured his heart in such a short time.

-------

p style="font-size:1.1em;line-height:1.3em;"> Well I hope you enjoyed the latest chapter. That’s it for Cam and Stuart…..for now.

Thank you for taking the time to read their tale.

I look forward to your feedback.
Kiltie

  

Copyright © 2021 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved

Copyright © 2014 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..