Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,159 Words
  • 2,606 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Haunted Love - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Fire ignited deep inside him. Hideki could barely think past the feel of Kazuma’s lips against his. He opened his mouth to protest, but Kazuma slid his tongue in, dragging him through burning sensation. He sucked on Kazuma’s tongue, needing more, wanting more…how could the man taste so good?

Kazuma tugged him closer, wrapping his arm around Hideki’s waist, pulling Hideki’s naked chest against his. Strong fingers sank into Hideki’s hair, holding him still as the kiss continued until they were both breathless.

Hideki moaned.

The door crashed open, and a harsh gasp filled the room.

Hideki broke away from Kazuma, dazed. His gaze flying to the door, he stared at Haru, his mind numb.

Haru looked in shock. Before Hideki could gather his wits, Haru turned and ran off.

Hideki felt guilt slam through him and he started to run after Haru. Kazuma stopped him with a hand on his left arm.

“Let him go,” Kazuma said gently.

“But—

“He needs time to cool off.”

Hideki cursed under his breath and ran fingers through his hair.

“Why did you kiss me?”

“I’ve wanted to since I saw you with that model at Club H.”

Hideki tugged his arm out of Kazuma’s hold, his insides were still trembling. He could barely believe Kazuma had that effect on him.

Of all people, why did it have to be Kazuma?

“It can’t happen again,” Hideki said, turning away from Kazuma.

“I won’t promise that it won’t.”

Hideki scoffed.

“Then I’ll promise. I won’t let it happen again.”

Hideki stalked into the bathroom, closing the door. He leaned on it, giving in to the shakes, his hand coming up to touch his lips. Kazuma’s kiss had scorched him to the bone.

****

After dinner, Kazuma followed Hideki on a cobbled path behind the Takada house. He kept his distance, watching Hideki walk with his hands in his pockets.

Kazuma couldn’t believe he’d lost his mind that way. The sight of Hideki half-naked had sent all noble thoughts out of his brain. All he’d wanted to do was feel Hideki’s heat against him.

God, but that kiss left him wanting more.

Too bad, Hideki was treating it like they’d committed a grave sin. Hideki was ignoring him since he’d emerged from his room. Hideki had eaten in silence, and then walked out of the house.

Hideki reached the edge of the property, and Kazuma watched him push a plank of wood on the fence. A section of the neat row of bamboo fence opened and Hideki slipped through. Kazuma followed after him, to find they’d entered the connecting property.

Hideki walked ahead, visible in a white sweater, and blue jeans, his hair a wild mess on top of his head.

Kazuma sighed wondering if he shouldn’t give up this assignment before things got complicated. He followed Hideki to a set of three green houses.

Hideki paused outside the green house in the middle, taking in a bracing breath before he walked in.

Kazuma looked around the compound, glad to see no one in sight. Patrick and Daniel were behind him, and they gave him thumbs up as they went around the green houses to check on the back. Kazuma slipped into the green house after Hideki and paused at the entrance when he was greeted by a sea of flower plants.

“You didn’t have to come looking for me,” Haru’s voice reached him. It was tinged with pain.

Kazuma winced.

He hadn’t thought about Haru when he’d been kissing Hideki.

“I’m sorry.” Hideki’s voice sounded contrite, though the weight of it wasn’t that of an apologetic lover, but an apologetic friend.

It gave Kazuma hope.

“Don’t,” Haru said. “It hurts to hear you apologize to me. You know, you’ve never once moaned in pleasure when I kissed you, not even when we had sex. I’m the one who screams in pleasure, not you.”

“Haru,” Hideki started.

“He must be very good, your bodyguard.”

“Don’t do this, Haru,” Hideki said. “Forget about that kiss. It won’t happen again.”

“Then you’re lying to yourself. I doubt you can help that kind of passion.”

Kazuma stared at a Hibiscus flower, his heart skipping with joy at Haru’s assessment. He too, thought the same. Hideki might deny the fire in their kiss, but nature would take its course.

“I’m jealous,” Haru said, angry. “I’m so jealous. I want to hate you for igniting for him and not me.”

“What do you need me to do to fix it?” Hideki asked.

Kazuma sighed and turned to head back to the exit. He didn’t need to listen to Hideki promise not to care for him. He was going insane as it was with need.

Outside, he stood at the entrance into the green house and wondered if he could get Phillip to change his mind. Perhaps Rui was the better man for the job. Rui wouldn’t lose it at the sight of Hideki kissing another. Rui would definitely not care who Hideki fucked.

God, the thought of Hideki moaning in pleasure under someone else drove him crazy.

“Let’s go,” Hideki snapped, breaking into his torturous thoughts.

Kazuma glanced at the green house entrance to find Haru watching him. He gave the young man a slight bow, and got a scowl in return. Haru turned and went back into the green house.

Hideki sighed and started back to the fence.

“You didn’t have to follow me. I was safe here.”

“I have to know where you are at all times.”

“Good for you,” Hideki said. “Were you happy listening to Haru? He’s angry with me at the moment.”

“He’s infatuated with you.” Kazuma stated. “His anger will pass.”

“And what you and I did, will that pass too?” Hideki asked.

Kazuma paused behind Hideki, not too sure he wanted it to.

“I don’t know.”

Hideki turned to look at him.

“I’m going to make it pass. I can’t lose Haru in my life. I won’t let that happen.”

Kazuma followed Hideki back home, a sense of foreboding settling in his chest as they entered the Takada house. He watched Hideki rush up the stairs to his bedroom. For a moment, he wished he was going with Hideki in there. For a weak moment, he longed to hear Hideki’s moans of pleasures, imagining what they would sound like. Shaking his head, he reached for his phone and dialed Phillip.

***

“What’s the problem?” Phillip asked, studying Kazuma. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting? When was the last time you got laid?”

“I don’t believe we’re having this conversation.” Kazuma wiped a hand down his face and paced the length of Phillip’s desk. “Leave my sexual habits out of this. I’m telling you I can’t be clear-headed with Hideki. Get Rui on this assignment.”

“I think you’re the perfect man for the job, now more than ever,” Phillip said, sitting back in his seat. “You care about Hideki. He needs that.”

“I’ll get him killed.” Kazuma shook his head. “My feelings will turn into a distraction.”

“They’ll make you more alert, Kazuma.” Phillip glanced at his watch. “Look, it’s almost nine o’clock. You should head back to the estate. I’m sure Hideki will wonder where you’ve ran off to.”

“I highly doubt that,” Kazuma said with a shrug. “Look, promise to work on getting Rui back in town.”

***

Thursday, Hideki woke up bursting with unexplainable energy. He showered fast, dressed with care, choosing neat navy blue pants, a grey shirt and a matching blazer. At eight, he frowned when Kazuma didn’t walk into his bedroom as he’d often done in the past two weeks.

Taking his cell phone, Hideki went downstairs to the dining room. He sat at the dining table reading the morning paper. His gaze constantly strayed to the door, as he waited for Kazuma to walk in for his coffee.

Kazuma drank his coffee black and seemed to need it every morning.

By nine o’clock, there was still no sign of Kazuma. Hideki scowled at his watch wondering what the man was up to now. He was due for a marketing conference at the Kamakura College at ten o’clock. Any more delays and he would be late.

Daniel and Patrick walked in and he placed his newspaper down.

“Where is Kazuma-san?” Hideki asked.

“He’s gone to run an errand.” Daniel smiled. “You’re stuck with us this morning.”

The disappointment that flooded him was not surprising. He had spent the evening before thinking about their kiss. The fires that kiss had sent coursing through him...the longing was new. He wanted to feel it again, but the cost…

Hideki got up from the table.

Patrick and Daniel followed him out of the house, and as he slid into the car, Hideki wondered what type of errand Kazuma needed to run so early in the morning.

At the conference, Hideki sat in his seat barely listening to the presentations from his fellow industrialists. His thoughts remained on Kazuma. He could still feel Kazuma’s lips on his. That kiss consumed his dreams and his waking moments. He was curious to know if the heat would reduce if they kissed again. Would it increase…? If it did, they’d both burst into wild flames.

“Sir,” someone touched his elbow, and he jerked back to the present.

A young man peered at him, his gaze expectant. Hideki realized it was time for his presentation.

Hideki picked up his ipad and got up. Once he was on the podium, he concentrated on breaking down part of his company’s marketing strategy into simple terms for the students gathered for the conference.

***

In the afternoon, Kazuma entered Jun Studio. Adjusting his earpiece, he tugged his jacket closed to hide his gun holster.

“Kazu,” Sora said into his ear. “Are you sure you want to leave Hyde to Rui?”

“Since when did you start calling him, Hyde?”

“Everyone calls him Hyde,” Sora countered. “And stop changing the subject. I thought you liked working with him.”

Kazuma shrugged, forgetting Sora wasn’t next to him to see.

“I miss supplies and logistics.”

Sora scoffed and he grinned.

“I hope you change your mind,” Sora said.

He wanted to too.

Kazuma walked into a busy room where Hideki stood with three other men in the sidelines as a photographer took pictures of a couple in a camping setting.

Kazuma navigated around a moving clothes rack. Daniel nodded at him, and gave him thumbs up.

One of the men shifted, and Kazuma sighed when his heart skipped at the sight of Hideki. It seemed a standard reaction these days. Hideki was handsome in a grey blazer that hugged his shoulders to perfection. His arms were folded against his chest as he listened to the men around him.

Kazuma moved until he was standing behind Hideki. His gaze swept the room, seeking out any signs of trouble. When he found none, he watched Hideki.

“Hideki-san,” the photographer said, drawing Kazuma’s attention. “Why don’t you wear one of the outdoor jackets? We’ll take a few photos.”

“No, no,” Hideki said with a shy laugh. “I don’t think I can be a model.”

“Come on,” the photographer urged, getting one of the outdoor jackets, a black one with red zippers. He brought it to Hideki with a small grin. “I’ll make you look real good.”

“It’s not a bad idea,” one of the men standing next to Hideki said. “It will increase customer confidence when they see our CEO wears our products.”

Hideki sighed and looking at the outdoor jacket the photographer held out.

Anything for the bottom line, Kazuma thought amused.

Kazuma stepped up close when Hideki started to remove his grey blazer. He took the black jacket from the photographer and Hideki stared at him in surprise.

Kazuma gave Hideki a small encouraging smile, and took the blazer when Hideki removed it. He handed over the black outdoor jacket, and watched Hideki fight the urge to ask him a question.

Once the jacket was on, the photographer urged Hideki to the camping scene.

Hideki looked nervous at first, joking with the photographer’s staff as they worked to get him comfortable. The photo shoot took thirty minutes.

Kazuma was caught between attraction and frustration. Hideki’s smile was deadly. Beautiful to look at, startling when it turned his face boyish, at times a mischievous face…irresistible mischief…Kazuma sighed.

The photographer was good, he drew out Hideki’s playful side, and completely obliterated Kazuma’s ability to remain objective. Kazuma found he wanted to see if he could bring out this side of Hideki too.

God, it would be wonderful to watch Hideki laugh out loud at something he said…

“Where did you go?” Hideki asked, when the shoot ended and he came for his blazer.

“Me?” Kazuma asked, moving to help Hideki wear the blazer. “What do you mean?”

“You’ve been gone all morning.”

Kazuma hid a smile, glad that Hideki had noticed his absence.

“I was running an errand.”

“What kind of errand?” Hideki asked, adjusting his blazer with an elegant shrug of his shoulders. “What type of bodyguard disappears from his duties?”

“You were safe,” Kazuma assured Hideki.

Hideki scowled at him.

“That’s not my point. You told me not to walk away from you. Isn’t refusing to report on time walking away from me?”

“Hyde,” Kazuma started.

“Forget it,” Hideki said.

Hideki moved away, going to talk to his three employees.

“I guess he was worried,” Sora said into his ear. “That’s a good thing, Kazuma. He’s accepting you in his life.”

“Yeah well,” Kazuma said, following Hideki out of the studio.

Hideki was busy bidding the three men goodbye. Daniel and Patrick stood by Hideki’s Mercedes. Kazuma shifted, his gaze roaming the street. Two motorcycles turned into the street.

“I’ll see you all next week,” Hideki was saying.

Kazuma frowned when the two motorcycles increased speed. The riders were dressed in black leather, and dark helmets. They drove along the sidewalk. Daniel and Patrick moved closer to Hideki, at the ready.

Hideki waved goodbye to the three men.

Instinct had Kazuma taking Hideki’s right elbow. He dragged him back to the studio, managing to push Hideki into the lobby just as the riders reached them. He slammed the lobby door closed in time to see a glass bottle hit the pavement outside and fire explode.

Hideki gasped as a second bottle exploded on top of his Mercedes.

“Don’t lose them,” Kazuma said to Sora, when the riders kept going, increasing their speed.

“Yes, I have two guys on them,” Sora confirmed.

Kazuma turned to find Hideki on the floor, his gaze on the burning car at the curb.

“Hideki, we need to go.” Kazuma glanced behind them to see the photographer and his staff watching them in shock. “This could be a distraction. We have to get to a safe zone.”

When Hideki didn’t move, Kazuma grabbed his arm and brought him to his feet.

“I have you, Hyde. Nothing is going to happen to you. Nod if you hear me.”

Hideki forced his gaze away from the burning car to look at him.

“Do you have to go back to the office?” Kazuma asked, already leading the way to the back of the studio. Sora had a car waiting in the back.

Hideki shook his head no.

“Good, we’ll get you home now. The police will come to ask you questions.”

“I didn’t see anything,” Hideki said shaking his head. “I didn’t see them coming. I was…too busy listening to my staff…why didn’t I see them?”

“Because it’s my job to see them,” Kazuma said as they exited in the back of the building.

There was a black jeep waiting with a Renegade Securities driver at the wheel.

Kazuma ushered Hideki into the back seat. He slammed the door closed and took the front passenger seat.

The drive back to the Takada home was fast.

Kazuma watched Hideki using the rearview mirror. Hideki sat dazed in the back, his gaze unseeing. Hideki’s hands were shaking on his lap. He clenched them over and over hoping to stop it, but the shaking wouldn’t go away.

When they got home, Kazuma thanked the driver with a short nod, and got out. He helped Hideki out of the car and led him into the house.

Closing the front door, he watched Hideki walk to the stairs, but not make an effort to go up. Hideki stood there staring at the steps. He then turned and sat on the first stair with a tired sigh.

Kazuma glanced around the lobby. Daniel and Patrick were still at the studio, waiting on police. Three of his men moved about the house, making sure it was secure. One of them indicated one other person was in the house. Kazuma nodded, knowing it was Aoki working in the kitchen.

Hideki didn’t move from the step.

The sight of him so defeated broke down the wall Kazuma was attempting to build. Moving to sit beside him, Kazuma removed his earpiece and turned it off to keep their conversation private.

“Talk to me,” he said after a while.

“What do you want me to say?”

Kazuma took Hideki’s left hand and held it tight.

“I know you’re scared.”

“I’m no—,” Hideki started to protest then stopped. He let out a sigh and agreed. “I’m terrified. I’m not sure if they want to kidnap me or kill me. They threw a fire bomb on my car.”

“You’ll get another car,” Kazuma said.

“Is that all you have to say?” Hideki glanced at him. “You could have been killed. One little hesitation and we’d both be burning right now.”

“I didn’t hesitate, and we’re breathing fine.”

“Your outlook fascinates me,” Hideki mused. “You’re allowed to freak out too.”

“If we both freak out, trouble starts,” Kazuma said.

“I’m not freaking out,” Hideki protested.

“Aren’t you?”

“No.”

“Could have fooled me,” Kazuma said with a small smile.

Hideki’s responding smile did amazing things to his heart.

The front door swung open and Haru rushed in. He looked frantic.

“Haru,” Hideki said getting to his feet.

“Oh thank goodness,” Haru said rushing to hug Hideki. “It’s all over the news. I saw your car in flames. Jeez, Hyde, what do they want?”

Hideki hugged Haru, and patted his back, as though giving comfort.

Kazuma frowned at that. He had noticed that last time too. Hideki comforted Haru as though he was the one who’d gone through the ordeal.

What was their deal?

“I’m fine, thanks to Kazuma.” Hideki pressed a kiss on top of Haru’s head. “I’m okay, Haru.”

Haru stepped back, his gaze finding Kazuma reluctantly.

“Thank you, Kazuma-san.”

“It’s my job,” Kazuma said, getting up, he stepped down the stairs, putting space between them. He needed to remember these two had a connection. “Hideki you’ll have to talk to the police soon. I’ll sit with you through it.”

“Okay.”

He held Hideki’s gaze for a moment, before Haru moved between them.

Kazuma watched Haru urge Hideki up the stairs. That he went willingly was annoying, Kazuma couldn’t help imagining what they’d do together in Hideki’s room.

Wiping a hand down his face, Kazuma turned on his earpiece.

“Where are you, Kazu?” Sora’s voice exploded in his ear.

“I’m here, damn it,” he rubbed his ear. “Why so loud?”

“We got one of the riders,” she said in irritation. “Warn me before you disappear again. It puts me in a bad mood.”

“Yes, Mistress,” he said. “Let me know what they find out from him. I have to report to Hideki’s father, now.”

***

“Should we go out tonight?” Haru asked.

They were in the kitchen with Aoki. Hideki sat at the island table staring into his coffee. He’d spent the past hour in the living room with Kazuma talking to the police. Hideki had come out of there out of sorts. Now he sat still, his gaze on his coffee.

Haru wished he could get into that brilliant mind and discover why Hideki was so bothered. He looked vulnerable, dressed in a light green sweater, white t-shirt and grey sweatpants. Haru had helped dry Hideki’s hair earlier and tied it back in a top ponytail to keep it from going into Hideki’s eyes.

Aoki gave Haru a questioning glance when Hideki didn’t answer his question.

“Hyde,” Haru said, hoping to break into Hideki’s thoughts.

Hideki lifted his gaze then.

“What?”

“Should we go out tonight?” he asked again.

“No,” Hideki shook his head. “It’s easier for Kazuma if I stay home tonight. I think one attempt on my life per day is enough.”

Haru wondered if Hideki worried about Kazuma. Jealousy raged inside him for a moment, and then he squashed it away.

Aoki squeezed his arm as though she sensed his feelings. She handed him a plate with a cheesecake and nodded for him to take it to Hideki.

Taking two forks from a drawer, Haru went to sit next to Hideki.

“Eat some cake,” Haru urged handing one fork to Hideki. “Let’s watch anime then. I have a stash of new movies on my laptop. We’ll play them on the overhead in the study.”

“Sounds good,” Hideki answered taking the fork.

“Should I call Jin over?” Haru asked.

Hideki shook his head.

“Okay,” Haru said, happy, “just us two then.”

They spent the evening in the study, lights turned down, the huge screen on. Hideki stretched out on the comfortable couch, his head on Haru’s lap. At around nine o’clock, Haru glanced down to find Hideki had fallen asleep. Haru smoothed back Hideki’s hair, he stroked his fingers through the short ponytail, and leaned to press a kiss on Hideki’s forehead.

His heart jumped happy when Hideki shifted, turning his head toward him.

Hideki breathed out in sleep and murmured, “…Kazuma.”

Haru froze. He looked up and stared at Kazuma who stood at the door watching them.

This wasn’t happening, Haru thought.

He’d waited too long for Hideki to choose Kazuma this way.

***

Kazuma reread the logs from the Takada gate, and Hideki’s office at the Lunar Plaza. The person attacking Hideki knew where to find him, somehow getting access to Hideki’s schedule. Kazuma frowned. There had to be a mole inside.

Someone close, he thought.

“Leave.”

He glanced up to find Haru standing at the door to the security room.

“What?”

“I said leave,” Haru said, entering the security office and slamming the door closed. “You’re messing with Hideki’s mind. He doesn’t need you around.”

Kazuma sat back in his seat to study the slender young man. Earlier, in the study, he’d seen love shining in Haru’s eyes. The boy was madly in love with Hideki. He wasn’t sure Hideki knew it, but that kind of love couldn’t be hidden.

“How long?” he asked.

“What?” Haru frowned. “How long what?”

“How long have you loved Hideki?”

Haru gaped and looked away.

“What does that matter to you? I’m asking you to leave because—

“You’re jealous,” Kazuma finished for him. “I don’t blame you. I’d be angry with me too. However, that’s the extent of my understanding, Haru-san. I don’t work for you.”

“Fine, if you won’t leave willingly, I’ll talk to Riku-san. He listens to me.”

“Do so,” Kazuma said. “Let me know what he says.”

Haru scoffed.

“You’re so arrogant. Who do you think you are?”

“The person in charge of Hideki’s safety,” Kazuma said getting up. “I know you care about that.”

“You don’t have to be the one taking care of him. There’s Daniel and Patrick, and a whole lot of other men in this compound. You can leave,” Haru said, his eyes flashing with anger.

Kazuma sighed, quite sure there was no way to reason with Haru in this state.

“Alright, you go talk to Riku-san. Let’s see what happens, maybe you’ll succeed. If you do, I’ll leave quietly.”

“Promise?” Haru asked, his gaze too hopeful.

“Promise,” Kazuma said with a smile.

“Good.” Haru stared at him. “It’s not that you’re not good at your job. I just…”

Haru sighed and looked around the security office. He shrugged.

“I can’t give him up.”

Kazuma frowned at that comment.

Haru gave him a curt nod and left the security room as fast as he’d come in.

Reaching for his cell phone, Kazuma called Sora.

“Do you know what time it is?” Sora answered, her voice rough with sleep.

He glanced at his watch.

“Past midnight,” he answered. “I need you to look deeper into Haru and Jin.”

“What?” Sora grumbled under her breath. “I thought we cleared them.”

“I know, look into it.” Kazuma stared at the closed security door. His suspicions rising, “I want to cover all our bases.”

“Fine,” Sora said. “Get some sleep.”

She ended the call and he was left to his thoughts. Haru’s mad gaze filling his mind.

Was Haru obsessed enough to place Hideki in danger?

***

Lee Suilan,2015
  • Like 16
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am enjoying this story so far. Your characters are so compelling.m
I think Kazuma is very right not trusting Haru completely. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 12:31 PM, Defiance19 said:

I am enjoying this story so far. Your characters are so compelling.m

I think Kazuma is very right not trusting Haru completely. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Thank you so much. I hope to keep your interest to the end. ^_^

Link to comment

If there is a mole in Hideki closed ones then it maybe his mother or Haru or Jin so Kazuma is right with clearing his base with everyone around Hideki but as far as I think Haru would never do anything to hurt Hideki but you never know. Things are getting interesting. I really liked this chapter. Thanks Sui:)

Link to comment
On 09/18/2015 09:46 PM, sacredlove said:

If there is a mole in Hideki closed ones then it maybe his mother or Haru or Jin so Kazuma is right with clearing his base with everyone around Hideki but as far as I think Haru would never do anything to hurt Hideki but you never know. Things are getting interesting. I really liked this chapter. Thanks Sui:)

I love the speculation on who's the bad guy.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..