Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,907 Words
  • 728 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Man I Like Might Be A Delinquent - 5. Chapter 5

Can Our Worlds Meld?

Axel watched Jeha when he asked his question.

Jeha’s blue eyes were difficult to ignore, but what was more interesting was that Jeha’s expression was blank. There was nothing to read, nothing to decipher.

Axel decided this was not the first time someone had asked Jeha if he was a mob boss.

Axel frowned.

The butterflies in his stomach turned sour.

Why did he feel so deflated at the prospect of Jeha as a mob boss?

Axel had hoped, maybe, that he had misunderstood.

Oh well.

“I-I’m sorry I asked,” Axel said, looking away from Jeha.

Axel reached for the thermometer on the bedside table. He decided to take Jeha’s vitals first. He would discover how to get out of this penthouse unscathed after.

“Axel.”

Jeha’s quiet tone had Axel looking up to meet a steady, determined gaze.

“I am not a mob boss,” Jeha said. “Do you believe me?”

Axel sat still, looking into beautiful blue eyes, and his heartbeat went into overdrive again.

God, he wanted to believe Jeha.

He wanted to nod yes, but then he remembered suturing ugly gashes on over a dozen men the last two nights and shook his head.

“No.”

“I understand,” Jeha said with a sigh, breaking their gaze. “I don’t blame you for suspecting me. You didn’t help me of your free will. Ryan can be a little extra, and caring for the brothers out there may have been overwhelming.”

“Harrowing is the word I would use,” Axel said, reaching for a new thermometer probe cover from the box on the bedside table. “It felt like I was running a shift in the emergency room.”

“We must have had a rough night,” Jeha nodded. “This was not how I wanted to meet you again and ask you out.”

“Are you saying you wanted to ask me out?” Axel asked.

“Yes,” Jeha said with a boyish smile that had Axel staring at him.

“Turn it off.”

“Huh?”

“That,” Axel said with a small scowl. “Don’t smile. We’re having a serious conversation, and your smile is distracting.”

Jeha blinked and then grinned.

“Is my smile that good?”

“Jeha!”

Jeha bit his bottom lip and looked down, his lips still curved in a smile.

Axel shook his head and focused on the thermometer. He fitted the probe liner and turned on the thermometer. He ensured the numbers were set to zero, then reached out and placed the probe into Jeha’s left ear.

Jeha held still until the thermometer beeped.

Axel pulled his hand back and checked the numbers on the thermometer.

“98.7 is good,” Axel said with a nod. “I hope it holds or lowers.”

Axel stood up and uncapped the probe throwing the used probe liner into the trashcan he had set up two nights ago. Wiping the thermometer with a disposable wipe, he returned it to its holder and wrote down the temperature in the little notebook he was using as a log. He checked the previous numbers and felt a small relief.

Jeha’s temperature had been at 100.8 the evening before.

Axel had been worried sick that the man would die on him. He tried to get Ryan to call an ambulance twice but Ryan was an iceberg that should be used to cool the melting Arctic. Remembering how frustrating Ryan could be, Axel placed the little notebook on the bedside table and glared at Jeha.

“Why can’t we take you to the hospital again?” Axel asked, his gaze narrowed as he met Jeha’s gaze.

“Someone is watching to see if I’m injured,” Jeha said. “He can’t know I’m in dire straits for now.”

“Why?”

“To give you that answer would mean I have to tell you a story that will pull you deeper into this mess. You will not be able to extract yourself from my problems. Are you sure you want to know?”

“I’ve been mopping up bloody wounds for two days. I can’t go home to my apartment. I can’t call my parents and I’m worried I’m going to stab Ryan if he frustrates me one more time. I think you had better tell me the truth. Then I’ll be the judge of what I need to know.”

“Axel.”

“Now, Jeha,” Axel said. “Don’t—don’t keep me in the dark. It is not helping me.”

“Alright, will you sit down?” Jeha asked, pointing to the chair next to the bed. “I don’t want to keep looking up at you. It makes me anxious.”

Axel frowned at him, then pointed to Jeha’s left arm.

“I need to check your wound. Talk while I work,” Axel said, reaching for a pair of new gloves from the table near the bedside table.

“Okay,” Jeha said with a sigh. “I’m not a mob boss.”

“You’ve said that,” Axel said, glad Jeha wore a sleeveless t-shirt. It was easy to get to his wound without having to remove clothes. He focused on arranging the items he needed for the dressing change.

“I know,” Jeha said, his voice steady. “I need to keep saying it for you to believe me. The night we met, I told you my grandfather was in hospital. Do you remember?”

“Yes,” Axel said.

“My grandfather is Chae Wook,” Jeha said.

Axel was undoing the bandages on Jeha’s left arm. He paused when he recognized the name.

“You mean the founder of Wuga Hospital?” Axel asked. “The man who chairs the ownership board? The one our hospital chief meets for funding on whole departments?”

Jeha chuckled and glanced at Axel.

“Yes, Grandpa is a board member. But he leaves the hospital's management to qualified specialists. You should know that,” Jeha said. “The board only gets involved in funding and serious PR incidents.”

“Oh,” Axel said and bit his bottom lip. “So, your dad is Yisu Wook?”

“Yes,” Jeha said.

“I met him when admitted your grandfather,” Axel said. “He seemed very nice. He thanked me for caring for his Dad.”

Jeha nodded.

“I’m glad you’ve met my family already,” Jeha said.

“What does your pedigree have to do with whether you’re a mob boss?” Axel asked, ignoring Jeha’s interesting chuckle.

“Wuga Hospital is a small part of our family’s investments,” Jeha said.

“Yes, everyone living in the Kingdom of Aeras knows your grandfather is the king of steel,” Axel said. “Made his money manufacturing steel rods then decided to jump into the medical field. He built Wuga Hospital and has turned it into quite an enterprise. The hospital even owns a retirement center. Your family is blessed with good fortune. You must all be happy.”

“Yes, well,” Jeha said with a wince as Axel finally undid his bandages and placed them in a small basin on the table. “I wish our existence would stay as simple as you put it.”

“Why?” Axel asked as he studied Jeha’s wound with focus.

The skin was red and raw, and his sutures were knitting well with the skin. The area was swollen and the wound was warm, but not overheated. There was wetness but it was not alarming, no puss thankfully. He could not see any signs of inflammation. For now, there was nothing to cause worry. Still, he needed to pay careful attention and if possible, maybe get Jeha’s arm x-rayed.

“Continue, Jeha,” Axel said when he noticed Jeha had gone silent. He looked up and found Jeha watching him. “I’m listening.”

Jeha studied him for a moment longer, then looked away.

“Grandfather’s hospitalization has placed our family in a frenzy. The company is family-owned, and there is a hierarchy of ownership. Grandfather has made his eldest son the next head of the family if something happens to him.”

“Yisu Wook is the oldest,” Jeha said. “I heard you’re Yisu’s only son, which makes you the next head of the family.”

Jeha’s smile was short.

“Yes,” Jeha said with a nod.

“So, what’s the problem?” Axel asked as he focused on medicating the wound.

“You’ll need the family tree to understand the issue. Grandpa Chae Wook has two brothers,” Jeha said. “Tae Wook and San Wook. Tae Wook has a son named Chung. Chung has three children, two sons and a daughter. San Wook has a daughter named Sae-ri. She married a British man and moved to London. She has three sons. Are we together?”

“Yes. You have six cousins,” Axel said.

“Good,” Jeha said. “Each one is somehow involved in the Wuga Group, save for Aunt Sae-ri’s two youngest sons. One is a banker, the other preferred to join the entertainment industry.”

“I kind of get them,” Axel said. “With all the resources in the family, you should be able to chase your dreams if you want.”

“Was your dream to be a doctor?” Jeha asked.

“Always,” Axel said. “I want to be a cardiothoracic surgeon focused on the heart. Same as my dad.”

“A heart doctor,” Jeha said. “And, are you close to achieving this dream?”

“Very,” Axel said. “I’m in my final residency year. I’ll sit for the certification exams, and when I pass, I’m hoping for a posting in the Wuga Cardiothoracic Team. Dr. Brown thinks I have a shot. I’m up against Dean Hill. He is quite strong, but I’m better.”

Jeha chuckled, and Axel looked up from his work bandaging Jeha’s arm to look at him.

“What?”

“Your confidence is sexy,” Jeha said.

“Stop flirting with me. You’re distracting me so that you won’t finish your story,” Axel said. “What does your interesting family tree have to do with you getting shot?”

“My Uncle Chung has a son named Moon,” Jeha said. “Moon is the oldest, and thinks he has the right to fight for a leadership position in Wuga Group.”

“I thought professionals run your family’s business?” Axel asked.

“Wuga Group is a family-owned business,” Jeha said. “Grandfather Wook has developed a diverse business. The group runs the hospital, hotels, clubs, the original steel manufacturing, and an investment firm. Professionals run each of these businesses. It is important to ensure each one is running at a profit.”

“Alright,” Axel frowned. “So, if professionals manage your businesses, what’s the issue?”

“The real issue is at Wuga HQ. Grandfather Wook is the Wuga Group Board Chairman, but the current CEO is my father, Yisu. When I finished training in the various businesses we own, I joined HQ as an executive. I’ve been working under my father as a finance director. Grandpa has been supporting him heavily, helping him manage things. So, I’ve been helping Grandpa to support Dad in his role.”

“Three months ago, Yisu declared in a family meeting that he wanted to step down and leave the job to me. It was not his fault, business is not his strongest skill. We all scrambled around to manage the consequences of his declaration. The stress of this announcement has sent Grandpa to the hospital.”

“So, you’re slated to be the next CEO of Wuga Group,” Axel said.

“Yes, but there are those objecting to the plan. One of those is Moon. Moon wants a chance to be considered. If not him, his father, Chung Wook,” Jeha said. “At least that is what I’m thinking. I’m in the middle of unraveling Moon’s true motives.”

“Uh huh,” Axel said, bandaging Jeha’s arm. “So, where do the guns come in?”

“Running Wuga Group sometimes requires a small army,” Jeha chuckled. “Ryan works in the security department of our company. The men working under him help with security and logistics. Some assets need managing across the kingdom.”

“Ryan’s men are responsible for logistics, like ensuring the hospital’s supplies arrive on time,” Jeha said. “The manufacturing side needs good drivers, security on the road, people to get the product to the port and make sure it arrives for export orders in time, among other things like guarding against company espionage. Ryan’s department is busy.”

“Hm,” Axel said, securing the bandage and helping Jeha wear his sling again. "No wonder you have access to hospital-grade medical equipment."

Jeha tugged on his blankets, stalling.

Axel started the cleanup and gave Jeha an expectant look.

“Do you still want all of it?” Jeha asked.

“Yes,” Axel said.

“I’m afraid you won’t want to go out on a date with me if I tell you.”

“I will walk away anyway if you don’t tell me everything,” Axel said, as he managed the dirty bandages, putting them in plastic bags and then into the biohazard trash bin. He packed away the scissors, tape, and ointments into a medical bag and then wiped the clean table.

When Jeha remained silent, Axel glanced at him.

“Finish it, Jeha. Trust me to make a favorable decision after you’re done,” Axel said.

Jeha sighed then looked away from him, his expression one of depression.

Axel hid a smile and turned away from him to remove his gloves.

“Ryan’s main job is to protect my life,” Jeha said. “Two days ago, the day his men got you from your apartment, Moon and I had an altercation.”

“What kind of altercation would include guns, and you getting shot, and half of Ryan’s brothers wounded?” Axel asked.

Jeha winced.

“Moon is manufacturing a drug that he is selling in his clubs,” Jeha said, then turned to meet Axel’s gaze. “The drug is incomplete and it has caused quite a problem.”

“Damn it,” Axel cursed under his breath and reached for the sanitizer bottle on the bedside table. He sanitized his hands and moved to sit on the side of the bed. He narrowed his gaze as he met Jeha’s blue gaze.

“Jeha, is your cousin the reason why children lost their lives in the emergency department from overdosing?”

“Yes,” Jeha said. “Moon is manufacturing Rapture.”

“Why the hell haven’t you reported him?” Axel demanded.

“It’s not that easy,” Jeha said, shaking his head, regret in his eyes.

“Your family is hiding a vicious drug dealer!”

“We’re not hiding him, Axel. I’m managing him. You pull Moon into the police station right now and he will walk away without charges. The worst that will happen is bad PR for the hotels under his family’s care, but the clubs he’s been running will attract his preferred clientele.”

“That does not make sense at all,” Axel said. “Reporting him to the police will help get some justice for those poor children who overdosed on Rapture. At the very least, they will stop the drug from circulating.”

“I love your naïve outlook on the issue. I have wanted to drag Moon to the police station since I was sixteen. Twelve years later I’m still trying to discover how to do that. Moon Wook is a bully and a sadistic bastard with too much money at his disposal. You can’t win against him with the threat of local inspectors, Axel.”

Axel frowned as he studied Jeha.

“You have no trust in our kingdom’s legal system. Let’s agree to disagree. Continue, why the hell was Moon shooting at you?” Axel asked.

“The only way to stop Rapture from gaining a foothold in the Capital City is to find the chemist. Destroy the lab and stop Moon from investing in a new one,” Jeha said. “It took some work, but we got Moon’s chemist. He found us in the process of destroying his lab and retaliated.”

“Retaliated, as in he tried to unalive you, Jeha,” Axel said. “You should report him to the police.”

“Ryan is in communication with a reliable one. Besides, Moon is not done trying to kill me,” Jeha said, his eyes filled with amusement.

“What’s so amusing?” Axel asked with a scowl. He had never met someone who talked about being killed so calmly. It was like Jeha expected his relatives to be shooting at him at will.

What kind of life was Jeha living to normalize such torture?

“You look like you might be worried about me,” Jeha said.

“I would be worried about anyone whose life was in danger, Jeha. What are you going to do with Moon’s chemist? What are you doing about Moon?”

Jeha shrugged.

“Ryan and I, are working with a section chief superintendent who manages a drug and organized crime team. They have an open investigation running. Moon’s chemist should already be in their custody,” Jeha said, his tone confident.

“Sounds involved,” Axel said.

“It is,” Jeha said. “It is exhausting and I wish every day we could win, but I have yet to find that one thing that will dig out Moon out of our lives forever. As for reporting Moon to local police inspectors, he will have paid someone to ignore the Rapture cases at the local level. Which is why we consult with the team in the regional offices. Ryan’s brothers should have gotten injured during the fight to get the chemist to my father, and into the chief superintendent’s custody.”

“Wow, okay,” Axel said, a bit worried. “So, you’re not a mob boss. That’s a relief. Why can’t I go out? Why do I need to stay here with you?”

“Your life may be at risk if Moon thinks he can use you against me,” Jeha said. “Ryan is probably worried you’ll get caught up in the fight.”

“Jeha.”

“Wuga Group is worth too much,” Jeha said. “The Wuga CEO's salary is attractive and comes with resources that Moon is willing to murder to acquire. You have taken care of me for two days. As much as I say Ryan’s brothers are loyal to us, there is always a straying eye. If someone tells Moon you helped me, then you go back home, that idiot, Moon, will send someone to find you.”

“Say I stay with you this week, what about when I have to go to work next week?” Axel asked. “The last of my shift rotation is starting next week. I won’t let it go when I’m this close to getting my cardiothoracic credentials, Jeha. My career is important to me. Plus, my mom is expecting me for dinner on Sunday. She’ll be worried if she can’t reach me.”

"I don’t know about next week, but we can manage Sunday. Ryan will take you to your parents.”

“No, he won’t,” Axel said, shaking his head. “What would I say to my mother if I showed up with him for dinner? Jeha, I need my freedom, I need my things from my apartment. I want my phone.”

“Can I trust that you won’t call the police now that you know about Rapture?” Jeha asked.

Axel stared at Jeha for a full minute then shrugged.

“That’s not fair,” Axel said. “I promised to share any information I found with those two police inspectors. None of us wants to deal with the hell we dealt with in the emergency room.”

“Okay, but then how would you explain knowing about Moon?” Jeha asked.

“I don’t know,” Axel said, then looked away from Jeha. “In any case, it’s a good clue, I would share it like hearsay or something.”

“Do you have to tell them?” Jeha asked, then when Axel looked at him he sighed. “Reporting Moon might put you in danger. Moon has people watching the emergency room too.”

“I have to think about it,” Axel said. He pointed at Jeha with his right index finger. “You need to give me space to make up my mind. You can’t keep my phone from me because you’re worried I’ll call those two police inspectors. You’re going to have to trust me, Jeha Wook.”

“I—you’re right,” Jeha said with a slow nod, though he still looked nervous.

“I know I’m right,” Axel said, smiling at him.

“Your life is important,” Jeha said. “Now that you’ve saved me from bleeding out, I can’t let anything happen to you.”

“Great, then don’t,” Axel said his smile widening. “Just don’t ask me to halt my life because of what’s happening in yours.”

Jeha narrowed his gaze at him for a moment.

“You're right. Call Ryan in for me,” Jeha said.

“What are you going to tell him?” Axel asked, worry creeping in again. He was afraid of being stuck in this place for another day.

“Go get him, I’m sure he’s waiting in the outer room,” Jeha said. “Go, Axel.”

Axel followed directions. Hurrying to the closed bedroom door, he opened it and should not have been surprised to find Ryan leaning on an armchair, but he was.

“Jeha wants to talk to you,” Axel said.

Ryan gave him a small nod, then walked into the room.

Axel stepped out and watched Ryan enter Jeha’s bedroom and close the door. Feeling tired, he stretched his arms over his head and smiled, anticipating the freedom of returning to his apartment, and sleeping in his bed.

****

“I’m glad to see you awake, Jeha,” Ryan said. “It’s been hell finding you unconscious.”

“I suppose we have Axel to thank for my recovery,” Jeha said, arranging the blankets on his lap. He adjusted his position on the bed and watched Ryan sit on the chair Axel had used earlier.

Ryan looked refreshed this morning. He wore a gray suit and a white shirt. His hair combed back in a neat style, ready for business.

“Where are we?” Jeha asked when Ryan’s expression turned grim.

“We have three fires to put out,” Ryan said. “First one, Moon has reached out to Airam for help. He feels his product will bring Airam unprecedented profits. Our side believes Moon hopes Airam will have a competent chemist to get a new lab going. Airam’s enforcer knows we are involved and reached out for a meeting.”

“When?” Jeha asked.

“Tonight at eleven o'clock,” Ryan said. “I don’t advise a face-to-face meeting. I can go on your behalf and have him talk to you remotely.”

“Plan it,” Jeha said. “Second fire.”

“Your father is aware that you were injured. He is helping to keep the truth from your Mom. He sent Moon’s chemist to Chief Inspector Jenna. He wants to talk to you,” Ryan said.

“I can do that in the next hour,” Jeha said.

“The final problem is the largest,” Ryan said. “Your granduncles Tae Wook and San Wook visited your grandfather in the hospital. Tae Wook is willing to control Moon but fears his son, Chung, will oppose Moon's harsh treatment. He warned your grandfather that Chung may try to win the CEO's position using his share value. In response, your grandfather ordered his lawyers to add his ownership stake to yours, officially making you the largest shareholder. The decision on what to do with Moon now lies with you.”

Jeha closed his eyes, shaking his head. He had hoped to hold off this fight for a while.

“What is grandfather thinking?” Jeha sighed. “How did my granduncles react?”

“They were offended,” Ryan said. “They wanted to see you yesterday, but you were unconscious. I stalled them, but they called a family meeting. They have opened a conference room at the Anastasia Grand, and will meet with your extended family to discuss the issue.”

“What can they decide? Moon is harming innocent lives,” Jeha said, shaking his head. “Uncle Chung is not willing to face the fact that his oldest son is a psychopath. I’ll have to help him deal with it. I have no choice but to attend this family meeting to show strength.”

“What about the doctor?” Ryan asked. “We can’t leave him here alone.”

Jeha frowned, his conversation with Axel filling his thoughts.

Axel was a good man, a talented doctor, and an innocent. He had no place in Jeha’s crazy world.

Jeha had explained his family’s problems to Axel hoping to convince him that a deeper connection between them was viable. Yet, after he finished explaining, he suddenly realized that he might be wrong. He imagined Axel facing off with Moon on the street, or even in the hospital halls for a minute and shuddered at the result.

“Release Dr. Graysen,” Jeha said. “Put Simon and James on him. Nothing should happen to him.”

“What about your wound?” Ryan asked, his gaze shifting to the bandage on Jeha’s left arm.

“Call Dr. Raff,” Jeha said with a sigh. “He’s the family doctor and we already have sufficient protection for him. He also knows not to ask questions.”

“Right,” Ryan said. “Are you sure you want to release Dr. Graysen?”

Jeha touched the sling on his left arm, his frown deepening. He would want to keep Axel next to him forever if it were up to him. But Axel had his dreams, ideas, and a life he wanted to build.

Who was he to interfere?

“Yes, release him,” Jeha said.

“The brothers have grown to like him these last two days,” Ryan said with a wistful smile. “They will miss him.”

“We can always visit him later when it's calmer,” Jeha said. “Let's get it done fast. Call Ned, he can help me find clothes to help me hide my injury. First, ask Axel in, so that I can thank him before he leaves.”

“Alright,” Ryan got up and went to open the door.

****

Axel eagerly entered Jeha’s bedroom when Ryan called him. He hoped Jeha had allowed Ryan to take him back to his apartment.

Axel would shower, then nap for two hours, pack a change of clothes and then return here in the afternoon. If Ryan remained nice to him during his ride home, he would consider buying takeout from his favorite bistro.

Maybe Jeha would enjoy the Thai chicken soup and a veggie sandwich. Axel frowned as he realized he did not know what Jeha liked to eat. They had not had a meal together. Maybe they could have dinner later. After all, Jeha would be stuck in bed.

Axel entered Jeha’s bedroom with a light mood. Jeha's next words shocked him.

“Ryan, make sure Dr. Graysen gets back home in one piece. Let’s not interfere with his life anymore.”

“Huh?” Axel frowned, looking at Jeha who studied his arm sling as though it was interesting.

“Yes, Sir,” Ryan said, taking out his cellphone.

“Jeha, what are you talking about?” Axel asked, moving to the foot of the bed. “I just need a few hours at my apartment. I’ll pack up a few things, then I’ll be back here before you know it.”

“There is no need to come back. Do what I say. It will be better for all of us,” Jeha said, his tone dismissive as he watched Ryan finish with his call. “Ryan, send him Chief Inspector Jenna’s number. Dr. Graysen handled the Rapture cases in the emergency room. He wanted to help catch the culprit. It will be good for him to share the number with the police inspectors he’s been working with.”

“Jeha.”

Axel bit his bottom lip to stop protesting as he realized Jeha was giving him everything he wanted. He was pushing him out, releasing him.

“Dr. Graysen saved my life,” Jeha continued, looking at Ryan. “Don’t cause him any more trouble.”

“What about your wound?” Axel asked hating the sourness growing in the pit of his stomach. “Will you go to the hospital for care?”

“I will make the necessary arrangements,” Ryan said. "Jeha will be well taken care of."

Of course, Axel thought, looking at Ryan's closed-off expression.

“Axel, thank you for taking care of me,” Jeha said, finally looking at Axel.

The indifferent expression on his face made Axel want to punch him.

Who said he wanted thanks from Jeha?

“When I’m well again, I’ll find you to apologize for how my people brought you to find me. It was truly wrong. I owe you.”

“What are you doing?” Axel asked, suddenly annoyed.

“Giving you what you want. Ryan, it would be best if you started. There is a lot to get done,” Jeha said.

“Jeha, I still need to make sure your wound heals. Ryan’s brothers are also—”

Axel’s eyes widened when Ryan turned to him.

“You don’t have to worry about it anymore,” Ryan assured him.

“Jeha,” Axel said.

“Go, Axel. Good luck with your exams. I’m sure you’ll make a wonderful cardiothoracic surgeon,” Jeha said. “Our Wuga Hospital will be lucky to have you work in our halls.”

The door opened wider behind Axel and he turned to find Simon and James waiting in the hallway.

“The car is ready,” Simon said, entering the room when Ryan motioned him closer.

Simon and Ryan gripped Axel's upper arms and led him out of Jeha’s bedroom before Axel could fully articulate any protest. The two hooligans gave him no chance to struggle. Once again, matching Axel out of Jeha’s penthouse as though he were a criminal. Tough brutes, they were so strong, Axel had no real chance of getting away from them. He was in the elevator in minutes.

Then, he was in the back of a black SUV, with Simon driving and James in the front passenger seat.

“You pulled me out so fast, I never got a chance to say goodbye,” Axel complained as he shifted on the back passenger seat. “We didn’t even have breakfast together.”

“It’s for the best, Doc,” Simon said, meeting his gaze in the rearview mirror. “You won’t have to deal with us anymore.”

Axel stared at him in shock as he realized that maybe he wanted to deal with them and their delinquent boss a bit more than he wanted to voice.

****

Jeha: "...I like you."
Also Jeha: ...leave...
Copyright © 2023 lilansui; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 24
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a turnaround

 

At first Axel and Jeha verbally joisted and came to an agreement. Jeha told Axel about the family and its businesses and struggles and family contests. It was a soap opera for sure. Axel learns Moon is the real bad guy who makes and sells hurtful drugs in his clubs and has police protection

The the mood and relationships shift quickly.

Jeha is told of more serious family dramas and potental battles. He is to attend a family meeting that will not be pleasant. He has to look fine and not injured. Jeha decides Axel should not be involved and not a target for Moon. Axel wants him to continue his training and become picked for the heart surgeon's job. Axel has him sent away and gives him little attention and is very formal. Jeha is shocked . He knows he cares for Jeha personally. He knows Axel and his injured staff need more medical help. Axel is going to bring in the family doctor.

Jeha will certainly be thinking about his time with these people and might grow to miss Jeha even more. I hope Moon does know find out about him and capture him to pressure Axel.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Axel is so naive ! But so cute 😆

we now know more about Jeha’s family 🙂

btw you should have named Rapture « Moon Walk » (like Moon Wook) 😂

awesome chapter ! 👍

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I'm really glad you're back. I had to look at previous chapter to remind what was the question! 😉

As for the chapter, this is just the beginning of their encounter. Brain says one thing, but the heart wants another. I'm sure Axel's medical help to Jeha and his brothers didn't pass unnoticed. He is in much danger than he thinks he is. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..