Jump to content
    Luc
  • Author
  • 175 Words
  • 597 Views
  • 0 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Pain of Love I - 7. Good-bye

Bittersweet thoughts

Memories of words spoken

of moments shared

They seduce me with their sweetness

meandering through my mind

like a gently winding stream.

They damn me with their clarity

rushing through my head

like a ruthless raging river.

They torment me with their truth.

forcing me to suspect the hoplessness

of the dreams that still linger within them.

 

But I’m awakened as the silence shatters.

The expected word at last spoken aloud

as sharp and as deadly as a dagger

staining your lips with my blood.

 

Bitter thoughts, no longer sweet

Memories of words unspoken

of moments lost

They dredge the darkness from the depths of my soul

raising it to the surface

releasing it to blacken the light

They cut through my heart until all that is left

is an ache, dull as the eyes of the dead

but still as sharp as the edge of a blade.

They mock me with their knowing laughter

jeering at the confirmed hoplessness

of the dreams that no longer linger within them.

Copyright © 2011 Luc; All Rights Reserved.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..