Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 1,149 Words
  • 3,740 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Question of Tine - 5. Lovers and Legends…

Dawn of a New Day…

The sun filtered down through the forest canopy dappling the bodies of the young lovers. At some point in the night, Bra-Neche had removed his wet clothing and found warmth in Tine’s presence. Tine snuggled as close as possible to Bra-Neche who eventually awoke, warm and content. They lay together, both awake, neither wanting this moment to end. Finally Bra-Neche spoke, “What do you know of the Imperials?”

 

“Imperials claim to have descended from the old gods. Family lines are broken into Houses, and the Houses with the purest lines are noble. They rule over the rest with the house of the Dragon Lord being the most pure, and most sought after. Some of the houses send their sons here for training, but not all of them, and never the noble. Imperials like to think they are not human, although they are shaped like one.” Tine turned to face him and grinned, “And you don’t seem to mind you and me laying together for pleasure, but you didn’t seem too happy to hear that two humans might do the same.”

 

“No. Well, yes, some of that at least.” Bra-Neche sighed, “All Imperials, no matter rank, have two things in common — Gavi’s blood flows through our veins and our mothers are priestesses in the Temple of the Moon.”

 

“Your mother is a priestess?”

 

Bra-Neche nodded. “All our mothers belong to the Moon, but there is more, so much more. Gavi has decreed that we choose someone -- someone like you -- that will share our lives, our very soul. Our bodies… we produce…” Bra-Neche sighed, “I am not explaining this well.” He took a deep breath and tried again, “We cannot breed with just anyone, our… ejaculate… is poisonous to all those except the Daughters of the Moon and the Sons of Suril. When we wrestled, I ejaculated on you. It could have, and should have, killed you. That is why they cleaned it off quickly and probably made you bathe afterward as well. With my pedigree being as near to pure as possible, even that little exposure should have made you very sick with immediate angry red raised welts. My soul leapt for joy when that didn’t happen.”

 

Tine smiled. “I’m glad that didn’t happen either. I would rather not be dead, but I did become sick. Does that mean we shouldn’t?”

 

“Do you feel sick this morning?” Bra-Neche asked.

 

“No, not at all. In fact I feel very good this morning,” then Tine realized why he was asking, “Did you? On me? Again?”

 

Bra-Neche blushed, “While I was sleeping. I took off my trews, but some still got on your back. There is no red at all.”

 

“So what does all this mean? For us?”

 

“Do you know the story of Suril?”

 

Tine shook his head, “I’ve never heard it.”

 

“Have you heard of Gavi?”

 

“Gavi the dragon-slayer? Of course!”

 

“Dragon-slayer? Gavi was no dragon-slayer! Blasphemy! You will not teach our sons that Gavi was a dragon-slayer!”

 

“There’s a different story?” Tine asked softly, having never seen Bra-Neche so upset before this.

 

“Gavi was not a dragon-slayer,” Bra-Neche sighed. “Maybe I should tell you the story as I learned it, then you will see.”

 

Tine nodded and laylaid quietly next to his lover to hear his tale.

 

“In the beginning of time lived the dragon, Costan. But he was lonely for there were no others of his kind. So, he coaxed the Moon Maiden to him and spilled his seed in her womb. In time, she gave birth to Gavi and the Daughters of the Moon. Now Costan was not alone, he had a son. In the fullness of time, Gavi mated with the Daughters of the Moon who, in turn, gave birth to sons and moons. Then Gavi took a male lover, Taveh, which displeased Costan, as dragons did not mate with man. In his anger, Costan cursed his son causing his seed to be poisonous to mankind. In his grief over Taveh’s death, Gavi grabbed his father by the throat, and flung him far into the heavens where his serpentine form can still be seen. Time passed and Gavi waged war on his father’s other children who could couple with whom they pleased. One day, at the end of the battle, Gavi came across a beautiful young man who was dying. He reached out to Gavi and begged Gavi to couple with him before he died so that he could know the touch of love. Knowing his seed would kill the young man who said his name was Suril, Gavi protested, but agreed to hold him closely. Suril’s blood entranced Gavi and being half-dragon, he licked it, causing the wound to heal. Suril held onto life and begged Gavi to show him love. Gavi agreed, but first Suril had to allow him to treat his wounds. Suril begged Gavi to hurry as he licked the wounds clean and closed. When he finished the last, Suril still breathed. With a heavy heart, Gavi kept his word loving Suril until he fell asleep. When he awoke, Gavi expected to be snuggled to a corpse, but was surprised to see Suril awake and whole. They spent the rest of their lives together, loving each the other.” Bra-Neche smiled at Tine then, “For me, you are Suril, and for you, I am Gavi.” Bra-Neche whispered against Tine’s skin as his hands wandered.

 

Tine smiled,smileda warm flush rushing over his flesh. “There could be worse things than that, Bra-Neche.”

 

“You don’t mind that I will someday be the Dragon Lord?” His thumbs found two small brown buds and flicked them.

 

“Do you mind I do not know my pedigree?” Tine smiled and enjoyed Bra-Neche’s ministrations, encouraging his lover with his actions.

 

Bra-Neche shook his head. “I do not care.”

 

“Then why should I mind if you know yours?” Tine arched his back slightly allowing his body to rub against Bra-Neche’s body.

 

“My uncle says we are too young…” Bra-Neche confessed as his hands trailed to lower flesh, “but I know I could find no other as perfect for me as you.”

 

Bra-Neche kissed his way across Tine’s shoulders,

 

“Do you know what I’m going to do to you?”

 

He shook his head.

 

“Do you want me to do it anyway?”

 

Tine nodded.

 

Bra-Neche pulled Tine to him as they kissed, allowing Tine to feel his need. Tine shivered as he felt a deep need and desire for things yet experienced. When they parted, Bra-Neche smiled. “Do you want more?”

 

“Please,” Tine said softly as he pulled his lover to his body, “Love me, Bra-Neche, love me deeply.”

 

Bra-Neche growled, and loved him deeply.

Copyright © 2011 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 02/15/2011 07:59 AM, AndyM said:
I surely hope that this will move from "on hold" to "complete" status, and soon!
thanks... I'm not quite sure what to say. Honestly. I just might have to put this one back on the "to do" list.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am pretty sure you had this as a very short one piece story. Here you are taking the time to work out more scenes and the story flows so well. I really can't wait till every one knows he is claimed and he gets his blue robe instead. Your writing is always so on target. Only point to make is the one spot here where you talk about him smiling smile. Looks like a typing error and with how great the rest is just wanted to point it out. Any way you look at it, I hope you do put it back on the to do list and fulfill my desire to know more about these two you men.

Edited by comicfan
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Guest Riayl

Posted

Hi! Just wanted to say that this story is really fascinating. I find the world and the characters intriguing and your writing just in general, is a joy to read. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll come back to this one someday (and I'll cross my toes that it will be soon! *grin*).

Link to comment

Have to agree with all of the above; you've got a great story going here and I do hope that you are able to take it further. The characters are well written, and the story seems to move effortless. Plus you've got room for them to grow. I sincerely hope that you get back to this one SOON!!!

Link to comment

Well where to star this story has been oh so very well written so far it would be a real shame to let it sit there and provide such a short burst of entertainment/enjoyment, hope you can get back to it soon.

Link to comment

Hmm, I had hoped this was progressed further than the short story which did have some kind of conclusive ending. But I guess between the two stories we have a good idea of their lives being forever entwined.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..